Is c-section an option in singapore?

Ting

its something similar to pelvic exercise i think.
try to google it.
but what one mummy taught was, when u pee-ing right, say pee abit then tighten your muscle (like holding on to ya pee) then let go, then pee again.
no pee also can la, just tighten the muscle.

CanCanMum

its something similar to pelvic exercise i think.
try to google it.
but what one mummy taught was, when you pee-ing right, say pee abit then tighten your muscle (like holding on to ya pee) then let go, then pee again.
no pee also can , just tighten the muscle.
yup yup i did right after my stitches healed

hui_ru_88

definately not true.
alot of mummies became tighter.
for me,even after 2.5 yrs, also felt tighter than my first time!
in fact, ML now more enjoyable than last time, of cos, also depend on the partner .
cos i break off with my ex lu, now with current bf, its diff. :)
LOL.
5 months after I delivered my daughter, I went to see my gynae regarding some check up. Then, my husband told my gynae that I am experiencing pain during sex. Then, my gynae did a check on me.

She realized my virgina muscles are tighter when compared to before the childbirth. That is the reason for pain. When my husband asked how come that is the case. My gynae said might be because of the pelvic floor exercises.

For my case, 6 weeks after delivery, I went back to my gynae for my pap smear. Besides that, she taught me pelvic floor exercise. After that teaching, I still do it almost everyday for 15 to 30 minutes. Even while standing up, at times I still do pelvic floor exercises.

Now, it has been 14 months after my delivery, my virgina muscle is still tight. In another words, while ML, I still experience pain.

In short, you might want to try pelvic floor exercises after natural childbirth.

pigletif

hahaha, if only the gynae can stitch it to make it look like a virgin again, then i wont mind...
you are currently 31wks pregnant, are you choosing natural or c-sect?
my main concern is about the stretching of the vagina after natural birth, i cant imagine what sex will be like...i know c-sect the healing process will be longer and more painful...that's why i want to gather as much info as possible in order to decide..thanks for all the info :)
like other mummies said, for natural birth, do exercise to tighten the muscle inside. the vagina mouth can be tighten with the help of stitches and the muscle must depends on us liao .. Than if going for c-section, some mummies encounter that they are not that wet as compare to last time? But i guess natural / c-section is not an issue, cos there are alot of mummies out there still having good sex life.. :shyxxx:

As for me, i chosing natural birth w/o epi...
1) save $$
2) to feel the "pain" of giving birth

When are u due?

MizfitMumma

it does becomes loose for me~~or at least tats what hubby commented coz i wonx know

for me my body has never been the same as pre-pregnancy and i have oredi accepted the fact
I agree on the body part. It never will be d same. Loose weight, yes but the tummy part, sigh... I had c-sect, tummy dun shrink like before...

rjj

5 months after I delivered my daughter, I went to see my gynae regarding some check up. Then, my husband told my gynae that I am experiencing pain during sex. Then, my gynae did a check on me.

She realized my virgina muscles are tighter when compared to before the childbirth. That is the reason for pain. When my husband asked how come that is the case. My gynae said might be because of the pelvic floor exercises.

For my case, 6 weeks after delivery, I went back to my gynae for my pap smear. Besides that, she taught me pelvic floor exercise. After that teaching, I still do it almost everyday for 15 to 30 minutes. Even while standing up, at times I still do pelvic floor exercises.

Now, it has been 14 months after my delivery, my virgina muscle is still tight. In another words, while ML, I still experience pain.

In short, you might want to try pelvic floor exercises after natural childbirth.

This is interesting. You mean can really have such great difference until can feel pain due to this? wow!

blessings

like other mummies said, for natural birth, do exercise to tighten the muscle inside. the vagina mouth can be tighten with the help of stitches and the muscle must depends on us .. Than if going for c-section, some mummies encounter that they are not that wet as compare to last time? But i guess natural / c-section is not an issue, cos there are alot of mummies out there still having good sex life.. :shyxxx:

As for me, i chosing natural birth w/o epi...
1) save $$
2) to feel the "pain" of giving birth

When are you due?
haizz...i'm still confused cant decide which 1 to choose. i'm actually pretty much decided on having c-sect but every time i hear new opinion, it will make me re-think again. and even my own hubby oso suggested natural birth cos he thinks it's safer for both mum and baby.
btw, for those mummies who opted for c-sect before (not emergency), what reason did u give ur gynae for choosing c-sect over natural birth? will the gynae say 'no' to c-sect?

pigletif, i will be due in november..but now already so kan cheong, hehehe

pigletif

haizz...i'm still confused cant decide which 1 to choose. i'm actually pretty much decided on having c-sect but every time i hear new opinion, it will make me re-think again. and even my own hubby also suggested natural birth cos he thinks it's safer for both mum and baby.
btw, for those mummies who opted for c-sect before (not emergency), what reason did you give your gynae for choosing c-sect over natural birth? will the gynae say 'no' to c-sect?

don be kan cheong ... nov still got 4 more months to go .. still can decide de.. even until last 2 mths, still can decide de. who knws maybe when u opt for c-sect, ur baby wan come out earlier than ur expected c-sect date? :err:

my fren also just told doc that she wan c-sect and she deliver at KK. And just before her c-sect, she is still deciding to whether to whole body sleep throughout the process or half... but she is very timid one, so she say she wan whole body.
What i told her is that, if u confirm made up ur mind, than must be firm. don be pysco by the doc or nurses.

if ur concern is over sex life, from all mummies advices, u should knw that it somehow will not affect.
if ur concern is over pain, than can opt natural with epi ...

Ting

This is interesting. You mean can really have such great difference until can feel pain due to this? wow!

yup, even now ML with bf also can feel very tight, n sometimes a bit pain when his is entering. n alr 2.5 yrs liao. :)

Ting

haizz...i'm still confused cant decide which 1 to choose. i'm actually pretty much decided on having c-sect but every time i hear new opinion, it will make me re-think again. and even my own hubby also suggested natural birth cos he thinks it's safer for both mum and baby.
btw, for those mummies who opted for c-sect before (not emergency), what reason did you give your gynae for choosing c-sect over natural birth? will the gynae say 'no' to c-sect?

yup relax, u've got the opinions from diff mummies alr, just take a bit of time, think abt it, decide then keep it as tt.
no point worrying how baby's gg to come, he/she might just come when u least expect it!
n i think, c sect or natural, gynae wont reject, just tt he might encourage natural birth. :)

I have a emergency c section done for my first baby.. No choice becos my cervix ain't dilating well.. So for my current pregnancy, i will be going for c section as well.. Not of my own choice but an advice from my gynae.. You can opt for c section.. Just let your gynae knows.. But most of them will encourage you to go for natural birth.. You will recover much faster for natural birth than c section.. But as for damaging your vagina and affecting you sex life, should be just a rumour.. Keke!!

hi renieee...may i knw wat's the reason for the repeated c-section? my first delivery oso emergency c-section due to not dialating..nw preg with 2nd one and gynae still haven confirm with me whether i can go for natural...

hui_ru_88

That true. But the price paid for it is pretty high.

Because of the pain that I will feel, after delivery till now, the number of times that we ML is less than 6.

hi blessings i,m also having the exact thoughts as you are. i,m due in oct but everyday been thinking abt natural or c sect????? u r nt e oni kancheong soul ard, me oso ........... for me 1 min i wan natural then e next min i wan c sect hmmmmm and worse my decision is always affected by comments ard esp from my relatives n frens. cse when my cousin ask me natural or c sect i said dun noe mayb c sect then she commented dun b dumb c sect beri painful de n recovery v slow. my gf oso commented if no health concern gynae will usu encourage natural birth. on e other hand my colleague who is very timid n very much afraid o pain told me c sect nt painful @ all n the stitches by our gyane( we share the same gynae) oni 5 cm n nt visible after that. for myself pain is my main concern (b4 n after birth) nt so much abt ML even tot it matters. my threshold level o pain is very low mayb 2-3 on a scale o 10. any 1 can share the road to recovery after natural w epi n c sect???? best if u have been thro both delivery methods???? i,m thinking of natural w epi @ e moment. thks

blessings

hi pink kitty, i think we are in the same boat, confused which one to choose. i think i will try to tell my gynae first abt my decision to go for c-sect. see what she says. i'm quite sure she will advise me otherwise cos the last time i went for my chk up, she said i'm in good condition to go for natural birth, but i just kept quiet.
if she asked me the reason for c-sect, what should i say? what are the standard answers?

Ting

just speak from your heart lo. :)
i dun think there r standard answers to this cos each person's POV is different.
if i were u, i wil just tell my gynae tts my decision n i would like to go ahead with it. unless she states there r complications in which u r not suitable for c-sect, then maybe u can re-consider natural birth. :)

Ting

hi blessings i,m also having the exact thoughts as you are. i,m due in oct but everyday been thinking about natural or c sect????? you are not e oni kancheong soul around, me also ........... for me 1 min i want natural then e next min i want c sect hmmmmm and worse my decision is always affected by comments around esp from my relatives and friends. cse when my cousin ask me natural or c sect i said dont know mayb c sect then she commented dont b dumb c sect very painful and recovery very slow. my gf also commented if no health concern gynae will usu encourage natural birth. on e other hand my colleague who is very timid and very much afraid o pain told me c sect not painful @ all and the stitches by our gyane( we share the same gynae) oni 5 cm and not visible after that. for myself pain is my main concern (before and after birth) not so much about ML even thought it matters. my threshold level o pain is very low mayb 2-3 on a scale o 10. any 1 can share the road to recovery after natural w epi and c sect???? best if you have been thro both delivery methods???? i,m thinking of natural w epi @ e moment. thks

hi pink kitty,
for me, i went thru natural w/o epi, honestly tell u, my threshhold of pain shld be quite good but it really took the hell outta me.
its not like sharp pains, its more like very very very bad menstrual cramps. pushing the baby out is not pain, just need alot of strength, its the contractions tt's pain.
of cos, if u really cant take pain, take epi.
i think, road of recovery for natural birth with or w/o epi shld be the same. the stitches took abt 2 weeks to heal, just need to clean it often (cos of the lochia). after it heals, will still feel abit sore arnd the wound but it doesnt pose a problem.

ok, pain wise, i believe is how easy n smooth your delivery is. if baby comes out fast, the lesser pain u wil feel (cause shorter time).
for me, i was in the delivery room for 13 hours.
but my contractions only came 1 hr b4 i delivered, so it wasnt tt bad for me. some ppl may need to go thru hours b4 baby is delivered, so in this situation, no one can really help u, only yourself, need to push hard n quick.

oic thks for sharing ting. can u oso describe what happens e 1st few days after delivery? so @ lest i can handle if theres any situation that may or may nt b normal. some questions i may have in my mind eg: lochia = heavy discharge of blood n tissues? does the discharge comes after delivery n last for hw long???? is it painful when the discharge comes juz like menses?? will it b uncomfortable/painful passing urine n motion???? is sitting dwn a prob cse the pad will b pressing agst e wound????? wat medication is given to wash 'dwn ere' ? using water to wash nt painful??? use wat to wipe dry ??? towel or toilet paper painful a nt???? sorry to pose so many questions cse blur blur dun noe head or tail if c sect wont have all these probs le haiz. thk you for ur patience n for sharing.

Ting

hi pink kitty,
just sharing with u my own experience, but it varies for individual n not all mums go thru the same. :)

-Lochia is the "menses" tt come right after delivery.
-it comes right after u give birth to baby n normally is said to last a month which means thruout ya pregnancy til baby's full mth. but it varies for individual. some maybe 3 weeks? some a few days after one mth?

-the pain u r asking is it the menstrual cramps? or when it flows out of your vagina? for me, in both cases, no, just like normal menses. :)

-for me, passing motion n urine is not painful, but might cos abit of discomfort cos of the wound, but doesnt pose a big problem at all, just slight discomfort.

-sitting down does hurt abit but i think C-sect also the same. its due to the wound.
the pad doesnt pose any problem for me. my mum bought this "float" for me to sit in.
cos i can sit on the side of the float n my butt wud be in the centre so i wont apply any pressure on my butt.

-i dun rmb doctor giving any medication to wash, i just use normal soap n water. actually, the stitches is just like any normal wound like a cut, so it might sting a lil bit when u wash it. for me, i use toilet paper/tissue/towel to dry tt area. i just lightly pat dry tt area.
maybe u can use the feminine wash? cos its more neutral in PH n not so alkaline, so might be better? but i didnt use it myself, hehe.

hope it helps. :)

blessings

oic thks for sharing ting. can you also describe what happens e 1st few days after delivery? so @ lest i can handle if theres any situation that may or may not b normal. some questions i may have in my mind eg: lochia = heavy discharge of blood and tissues? does the discharge comes after delivery and last for hw long???? is it painful when the discharge comes just like menses?? will it b uncomfortable/painful passing urine and motion???? is sitting dwn a prob cse the pad will b pressing agst e wound????? what medication is given to wash 'dwn ere' ? using water to wash not painful??? use what to wipe dry ??? towel or toilet paper painful a not???? sorry to pose so many questions cse blur blur dont know head or tail if c sect wont have all these probs sigh. thk you for your patience and for sharing.
pink kitty, when is ur due date? i guess you are going for natural birth already, rite? i still havent decided yet, cos my next appointment with gynae will be early august, so will wait till then to discuss with gynae first, see what she says. btw, i'm now 22wks pregnant, my gynae said i dont have to take folic acid anymore. is this true? cos from first trimester all the way to 20wks, i was still taking folic acid. now i only take vitamins from her..
anyone has any idea on this?

Ting

i think i was taking folic acid all the way thru out my pregnancy.
maybe your gynae use the vits to replace the folic? ever asked her why?