Is it painful to pass motion after birth?

Jodav

I heard that it is not painful when trying to pass motion (wee wee) after a normal delivery. Is it true? How about when making big business if you have an episiotomy...? (Aiyo....... sounds painful already!!)

Ottermum

Don't worry dear...

for me it wasn't painful at all...yup i had an episiotomy too! in fact it wasn't painful the next day already...guess my Gynae did a good job...

be prepared for a weak bladder though...don't only go wee wee when bladder's full...urine'll just flow out...uncontrollable!!!

I heard that it is not painful when trying to pass motion (wee wee) after a normal delivery. Is it true? How about when making big business if you have an episiotomy...? (Aiyo....... sounds painful already!!)
It depends whether ur gynae stitchin skill gd or not lor...

jassmine

for big motion doc will give u a medicine to smoother the motion, for wee wee slightly pain only no worry...:>

CanCanMum

it wasnt painful at all.....oso i leaned forward when i wan to pass urine lols....scared it touches the wounds....heee

pang sai ok la....depends lor...tat time mine was a success~~~ dink must drink more fluids...but i only bomb toilet the sixth day after giving birth worh....

dun worry there is always stools softeners to help u around :001_302:

lisa_ng

hehe.. i pass motion on the day and every day after i gave birth.

was a little painful for me but still ok de.

but i think during labour pain, the nurse did ask me whether i want to clear my bowels or not. which i didn't.

my sis did clear her bowels.. and it's lasted for a week without passing motion.
by then i suppose the stitches would have heal a little.
my sis was a c-section not sure if there's any difference.

Queenbabe

For me is not painful and i dun feel like passing motion , i think almost 3-5 days never pass motion . After that will take the constipation medicine when discharge from hospital.

hstan15

for me, i did not do big biz till the fifth day i think.. not as painfull as the wound since i was stitched twice

Beanie

I pass motion everyday after i gave birth....was abit painful when its hard but soft one still ok lah. Weewee not painful leh

babylover

For me, regardless of the medicine to promote softer stool, passing motion after birth is like my second delivery, i sat straight 2 hourse sweat inside toilet, pushing and moaning...hubby even wonder how come the sound so familiar with the delivery time...:)) Anyways, it shouldn't be the same in individual, so dont worry and hope that you wont have so bad constipation

racheltan

Dunno if its true, but i heard we'll be given dunno wat medicine to pass motion before we deliver? If that's the case then we need not worry abt passing motion straight after delivery.

forbearing

for me i wee wee on the every day of delivery..
i didnt feel any pain..
and as for big business..
i did it should be on the 5th day..
was so scared at first..but it wasnt painful at all..
remember to take the medicine given by the doc..
it really help to soften the stools..
no worries ya.. =)

zputriz

for me to wee wee was ok, i had a small tear, but u can stil feel e pain.. my aunt suggested washing w dettol mix water to was the area each time u go toilet/bath n the tear heal v fast.. cos it is antiseptic.. for motion wise the doc will giv u medicine to loosen stool but i nv took i just drank plenty of water n eat veg/fruit.. cos i wasnt so 'pantang' drg confinement.. it should help la..:) dun worry, aft all we all experience the constipation thing all along pregnancy... so like used to it, it's all in the mind la, so be positive :Dancing_wub:

elmo493

I got tear in the wound and infection when I was startled and jump up from my bed when I thought I heard my son screaming when actually it is just a bad dream.

aIDa81

Mine was just like babylover.. giving birth is much more easier, I drank the medicine to soften the stools end up my baby have diarhoea coz I breast milk him.. so I stop taking it, and continue having the 3rd and 4th labour.... the funny part was the environment must be peacefull if not it disturbs my concentration and delay the whole thing again... hahaha

Last edited:

CanCanMum

there is a kind tat is external, like a capsule for u to insert into the anus area to soften the bowels, no need to take the medicine one.