IVF/ICSI/IUI general support and Discussion groups 2010

viv

Hi viv, I will be going for my first round of iui this week. Wishing you the best of luck. Stay happy and yes keep your self occupied...time will pass you by in a flash!:)
Hi Kirsten, thanks! BB dust to u! Which doc are you seeing?

I've been trying to conceive since in year 2007 but unsuccessful. Went for thoroughly check up from Dr Sharmini Nair (KKH) but was being referred to Dr SF Loh as she has already left to Raffles Hospital.

During our appointment wif Dr SF Loh and went thru so many tests, and the Results turn out to be in pretty good condition, i do have 35 eggs each and husby also have a normal sperms. We tried to conceive naturally by taking clomiphene twice but unsuccessful. So Dr SF Loh suggest me for test tube baby which is IVF.

So here we are, at KKIVF centre, I am one who just recently did my IVF for my 1st cycle and now i am on my 3rd day of Lucrin.

Need to know more about the experience of doing IVF and hope to have more friends in here.

Thank you

Regards,
Lil White Dress

How do you know "you have 35 eggs"? Throughout scanning I will know how many follicle do I have ? Been explained by doctor "doesn't means that all the follicle will have mature egg".

viv

*sigh*...2nd cycle is a failure....don't know whether to go on trying. Really disappointed and feel like giving up.

KirstenQ

*sigh*...2nd cycle is a failure....don't know whether to go on trying. Really disappointed and feel like giving up.
Hey viv, sorry to hear that :( its ok to feel sad for awhile...but don't give up. Whether you decide to try naturally again or iui or ivf, just think about how much more precious your baby will be to you when u finally fall pregnant. Treat yourself to a nice day out with your hubby, and meanwhile keep yourself busy with mini projects to take off the stress! Take a breather and then try try again :)

Hi viv,

Pls don't give up & think positive. Did you consider IVF since you have been trying sometimes? I felt that IUI doesn't help much where putting hope then get nothing end up disappointed(2ww is nervous).

viv

Hey viv, sorry to hear that :( its ok to feel sad for awhile...but don't give up. Whether you decide to try naturally again or iui or ivf, just think about how much more precious your baby will be to you when u finally fall pregnant. Treat yourself to a nice day out with your hubby, and meanwhile keep yourself busy with mini projects to take off the stress! Take a breather and then try try again :)
Hi Kristen: Thanks for the encouragement. Trying for a baby naturally is going to be a very difficult as hubby's sperm is not tt good. Will prob consider going for another round of iui but will speak to the doc and see what he says. Trying to keep a positive mind to it but its kinda difficult.

viv

Hi viv,

Pls don't give up & think positive. Did you consider IVF since you have been trying sometimes? I felt that IUI doesn't help much where putting hope then get nothing end up disappointed(2ww is nervous).
Hi neo: Thanks for the encouragement. ivf is rather expensive and spoke to doc about it too...he actually mentioned that the chances with iui and ivf are almost the same. Yes...2ww is nervous...time just seems to pass by slowly.

Hi neo: Thanks for the encouragement. ivf is rather expensive and spoke to doc about it too...he actually mentioned that the chances with iui and ivf are almost the same. Yes...2ww is nervous...time just seems to pass by slowly.
I had been trying iui 4 times but unsuccessfully. I don't want to waste times anymore. I'm going to start my Ivf on this coming sep11. Ivf have 40% chance if compare to iui only 10-15% to get pregnant based on KK record. Since there have govt grant $3k given why not trying.

viv

I had been trying iui 4 times but unsuccessfully. I don't want to waste times anymore. I'm going to start my Ivf on this coming sep11. Ivf have 40% chance if compare to iui only 10-15% to get pregnant based on KK record. Since there have govt grant $3k given why not trying.
What are the charges like n any doc to recommend?am stopping for 1 cycle as doc says that i'm still stimulated ....will start on my 3rd cycle next mth.would like to know more abt ivf at kk as i might consider doing tt.

Hopeful78

What are the charges like n any doc to recommend?am stopping for 1 cycle as doc says that i'm still stimulated ....will start on my 3rd cycle next mth.would like to know more abt ivf at kk as i might consider doing tt.
Hi Viv, I am in my 2ww for my 1st IVF. Had a tally of the cost of the nurse yesterday. As this is my 1st cycle, putting in 2 embryos, the cost is as follow:
Govt Grant - $3,000 max 3 times
CPF - $6k (1st attempt), $5k (2nd attempt) and $4k (3rd attempt)
In my case, I am on long cycle, with extended suppression (ie 3 weeks of Lucrin injection) followed by 13 days of 450iu of puregon (I think its the max 1 person can take)
And if you include all the blood tests, scans etc me n hubby need to do, I paid cash of abt $4k.

I have a feeling that my cycle is shd be close to the max already. So, if you do not have as much hormone issues than me, it shd be cheaper. I have heard of pple paying ard $1k+ cash only..

I failed 3 iuis before, thats y m attempting IVF now.. Age is caatching up. No choice.. =) But all the best to u!!

viv

Hi Viv, I am in my 2ww for my 1st IVF. Had a tally of the cost of the nurse yesterday. As this is my 1st cycle, putting in 2 embryos, the cost is as follow:
Govt Grant - $3,000 max 3 times
CPF - $6k (1st attempt), $5k (2nd attempt) and $4k (3rd attempt)
In my case, I am on long cycle, with extended suppression (ie 3 weeks of Lucrin injection) followed by 13 days of 450iu of puregon (I think its the max 1 person can take)
And if you include all the blood tests, scans etc me n hubby need to do, I paid cash of abt $4k.

I have a feeling that my cycle is shd be close to the max already. So, if you do not have as much hormone issues than me, it shd be cheaper. I have heard of pple paying ard $1k+ cash only..

I failed 3 iuis before, thats y m attempting IVF now.. Age is caatching up. No choice.. =) But all the best to u!!
Hi Hopeful: Thanks for the info and bb dust to you! Do keep us posted. Which doc r u seeing for ivf and which doc did you see previously for your iui? The 3rd cycle will be my last iui cycle after which doc advised to go for ivf. But will then have to look for another doc as the charges at private hospitals is very much higher than that of government hospital.

Hopeful78

Hi Hopeful: Thanks for the info and baby dust to you! Do keep us posted. Which doc r you seeing for ivf and which doc did you see previously for your iui? The 3rd cycle will be my last iui cycle after which doc advised to go for ivf. But will then have to look for another doc as the charges at private hospitals is very much higher than that of government hospital.
I am seeing Dr Yu in SGH now. Was seeing Dr Heng @ east Shore previously for IUI.
If you are thinking of govt grant, then ur choices will most prob be either KK, SGH or NUH. Just bear in mind that you will need to go to the clinic quite often during the IVF program. So u shd consider the location of the clinic as well.

All the best!!

viv

I am seeing Dr Yu in SGH now. Was seeing Dr Heng @ east Shore previously for IUI.
If you are thinking of govt grant, then ur choices will most prob be either KK, SGH or NUH. Just bear in mind that you will need to go to the clinic quite often during the IVF program. So u shd consider the location of the clinic as well.

All the best!!
Hopeful:thanks for the valuable information:) would u be able to pm me the contact of ur doc?i think i would choose either sgh or kk...beast of luck to u!

Hopeful78

Hopeful:thanks for the valuable information:) would u be able to pm me the contact of ur doc?i think i would choose either sgh or kk...beast of luck to u!
Hi Viv, Dr Yu does not have direct contact. U need to call SGH main line n ask then to put to CARE for an appointment. Depending on which doc u choose, they will give u an appointment.
Dr Yu is head if dept in SGH. The head of KK is Dr Loh. He is also a very popular choice. However, if I m not wrong the waiting list for KK is is longer than SGH. So plan ahead

viv

Hi Viv, Dr Yu does not have direct contact. U need to call SGH main line n ask then to put to CARE for an appointment. Depending on which doc u choose, they will give u an appointment.
Dr Yu is head if dept in SGH. The head of KK is Dr Loh. He is also a very popular choice. However, if I m not wrong the waiting list for KK is is longer than SGH. So plan ahead
Hi Hopeful, thanks for the info. Am trying to plan ahead and book an appointment before i even start my 3rd cycle of iui....will call the main line and book an appointment....thanks!

What are the charges like n any doc to recommend?am stopping for 1 cycle as doc says that i'm still stimulated ....will start on my 3rd cycle next month.would like to know more about ivf at kk as i might consider doing that.
Hi viv, sorry for late reply.The charges as per hopeful mentioned. I prefer lady doctor so I opt for Dr Hendrick, she will see the patient every Friday morning at Ivf centre. Her style is straightforward to the point. No very sure yet whether she is good since I only seen her 1 time only. I will start my 1st Ivf on coming sep11. If you decided go for Ivf pls go now for appointment 1st because need to wait for 4-5mth if you choose KK. Get ready your medical report before go for KK.

viv

Hi viv, sorry for late reply.The charges as per hopeful mentioned. I prefer lady doctor so I opt for Dr Hendrick, she will see the patient every Friday morning at Ivf centre. Her style is straightforward to the point. No very sure yet whether she is good since I only seen her 1 time only. I will start my 1st Ivf on coming sep11. If you decided go for Ivf pls go now for appointment 1st because need to wait for 4-5mth if you choose KK. Get ready your medical report before go for KK.
Beehong: Thanks for the info. Am going for my 3rd cycle of SO-IUI next month and have made an appointment to see Dr Fong on 1 Nov. Am just hoping that my 3rd cycle of iui will work but have made an appointment just in case. Choose Dr Fong as he's the 1 name that is frequently mentioned in the forum. However, might consider Dr Hendrick since she's straight to the point.

Christmas hope

Hi mummy to be..

I had my first iui. My baby is currently 6 weeks old. There will be miracles.

Please continue to have hopes (I finally have mine after 4 yrs of marriage)

:)