IVF/ICSI/IUI general support and Discussion groups 2010

makino

hi liliankoh are you feeling bloated? when starting puregon, the nurse told me to watch my diet and steer clear of food that will make me bloated.. i can only remember two: cabbage and laksa .. but do let your dr know about it during your next visit ..

Oh I was initially given 7 jabs of puregon too but then my follicles did not grow as quickly as expected so I was extended on it and KK pushed back the ET date. Hope your follicles are more obedient than mine. I had to return daily the last few days before ET so they could confirm go-ahead or postpone. There will be a night jab 36 hours before ET @ the 24hrs clinic. Did you take note of the size of your follicles? I wish i had! My friend had a notepad with her all the time and as the scan was done and size read out, she noted them all in her pad ..

when ET is over, and ER done, you can then enjoy your 2WW~ This is the best part out of the entire IVF procedure .. but do watch diet and avoid cold stuff as much as possible. Are you taking proteins? I take 2 packs of immunocol and 4-5 hard-boiled egg whites daily ..

take care & all the best ~
I only able to remember how many follicles(in total 13 nos), but the size I can't recall. As I know if the follicles size reach 18mm where is perfectly ready to proceed on night jab.

Me & my hubby start keep healthy & eat balance diet food & exercise since few month ago. Is safe to take hard boil eggs on daily basis?? If I'm not wrong egg should be fully cooked during pregnancy period, no easily get infection. I apply the same concept of no raw food during pregnancy. I totally cut down coffee & alcohol taken during this period of time.

Next Tuesday is our big big day?

Jia you!!!!!

liliankoh

I will proceeds on egg pick up on next Tuesday & ET on Friday after yesterday scanning. Tomorrow going down KK O&G 24hr for I/M pregnyl & last day of lucrin at morning.

How about your progress?
U went back on d7 stage 2 (only scan only) and immediately can do egg pick up?

need to go back on mon to scan again

liliankoh

I only able to remember how many follicles(in total 13 nos), but the size I can't recall. As I know if the follicles size reach 18mm where is perfectly ready to proceed on night jab.

Me & my hubby start keep healthy & eat balance diet food & exercise since few month ago. Is safe to take hard boil eggs on daily basis?? If I'm not wrong egg should be fully cooked during pregnancy period, no easily get infection. I apply the same concept of no raw food during pregnancy. I totally cut down coffee & alcohol taken during this period of time.

Jia you!!!!!
Jia you, good luck

liliankoh

Hi neohbeehong, thank you! and yes, I'm enjoying my 2WW which ends on 25 Oct. I'll be going for HCG test on 25 Oct itself. Mixed feelings .. while I'm anxious to know if my fresh cycle is successful, it also meant my paid-leave is ending !!

Is my cycle very much longer than yours? I started puregon (gonal-f) on D17 after Lucrin.. 13 jabs for puregon in all. I had to buy a 2nd bottle of Lucrin, hundred over bucks .. no choice as I was 5ml short!! so heart pain. but yes its finally over and i'm enjoying my much needed break. (^^)

6 Sep to 5 Oct: 10units Lucrin (30 jabs)
22 Sep to 4 Oct: 150units Gonal-f (13 jabs)
5 Oct: 10,000units Pregnyl (at 9pm O&G clinic)
6 Oct: fast from 11:30pm
7 Oct: Ovum Pick-Up. 6 follicles, 5 fertilized, 4x6-cell at Grade 3.
10 Oct: 2 embryos transferred, 2 frozen
Hi makino

How are u?

makino

hi liliankoh

I'm due for hCG test on monday, D18. My friend encouraged me to test on D14 which was yesterday. I did. And its BFN ~!! I'm depressed and told her I'm not going to test again till hCG on Mon which is much more accurate than hpt ~ .. I really had a good 2WW, no cramps, no pain, no implantation stain & even the soreness in my breasts has disappeared since early this week. Oh well, I read that some girls do not experience implantation stains but can get pregnant nonetheless .. but I'm still hoping for that little brownish stain which has not appeared. I'm heading back to work on 27 Oct ..

does any of you girls experience soreness in your breasts during 2WW or later part of puregon? I think I started having that a day or two before ER ~

hi babymoo, i'm like liliankoh, also seeing sf loh from kk ~ such a nice and funny dr despite his heavily-packed schedule .. but he's going TMC .. which I'm not at all impressed with .. (i used to see dr WK Tan) .. and not forgetting the ivf blunder they had last year ..

makino

Jia you!!!!!
Yes you are right that during the 2WW you should avoid cold/raw food/alcohol, etc. Me too. Protein is good. I buy my immunocol from OG. A box of 30 costs $100. OG card holders get 5% rebate. I take 2 packet a day. I also started taking hard-boiled egg whites (not the yolk) since a few days before ER. You can check with the IVF dr if its alright for you to do so :p

babymoo

The waiting time for kkh is too long tts why I still choose Thomson...They r very careful nw on speem handling so I'm fine with it...

hi liliankoh

I'm due for hCG test on monday, D18. My friend encouraged me to test on D14 which was yesterday. I did. And its BFN ~!! I'm depressed and told her I'm not going to test again till hCG on Mon which is much more accurate than hpt ~ .. I really had a good 2WW, no cramps, no pain, no implantation stain & even the soreness in my breasts has disappeared since early this week. Oh well, I read that some girls do not experience implantation stains but can get pregnant nonetheless .. but I'm still hoping for that little brownish stain which has not appeared. I'm heading back to work on 27 Oct ..

does any of you girls experience soreness in your breasts during 2WW or later part of puregon? I think I started having that a day or two before ER ~

hi babymoo, i'm like liliankoh, also seeing sf loh from kk ~ such a nice and funny dr despite his heavily-packed schedule .. but he's going TMC .. which I'm not at all impressed with .. (i used to see dr WK Tan) .. and not forgetting the ivf blunder they had last year ..

you went back on d7 stage 2 (only scan only) and immediately can do egg pick up?

need to go back on mon to scan again
I'm surprised too, only 1 time scanning after Puregon taken but add 2 more jabs for Friday & saturday, I thought there maybe have few scanning b4 go head next stage.

How many follocies do u have?

liliankoh

hi liliankoh

Oh ya, he is back on Mon. All the best to your babydust on mon.

makino

Hi liliankoh, only 2 more than 10mm?? did the dr increase your puregon? how much are you taking? I was on only 150units throughout cause I am PCO and they scared I will have OHSS. In the end, out of 26 follicles, only 6 were retrieved. I was so upset. If yours aint growing fast enough, do email dr loh and ask for his opinion. My girlfriend consulted dr loh and he doubled her last few puregon (she is also PCO) .. she had 24 eggs retrieved, 15 successfully fertilized. I regretted not going to dr loh or maybe perhaps I might have more follicles retrieved. So, do email him if you think you need a 2nd opinion. I find kk ivf doctors too conservative. But of course there are girls who have only 2 eggs retrieved and they got pregnant. In my layman thinking, I just want more picked up after all the jabs I've been through ~ just so i will have more for frozen cycles if my fresh cycle is unsuccessful .. But thank God, 4 out of 6 are good. Now I can only hope the 2 inside me are good too ..

I'm going to be there 9plus .. and i hate monday mornings .. its always so packed. Hope good results for you and me tomorrow!!

ifah03

Hi,

Anyone tried seeing Matthew Lau from KKH IVF centre?
Wanna do my frozen cycle but my Gynae Kelly, has gone for private practise.

Marianne is also leaving at end of yr.
In KKH, it seems that there is only 1 lady Dr and she is so busy... 1st apt can be as late as in a mths time.

Pls revert comments on any other Dr, anxious..

Thanks!

makino

I went a day earlier for my hCG & my beta was a miserable 1.2 .. failed my fresh cycle & will arrange with Dr Loh for ET of my frozen embryos asap .. So sad ..