IVF/ICSI/IUI general support and Discussion groups 2010

liliankoh

Thinking to cook simple dishes...steam fish/chicken/pork/veg/egg with ginger sause/garlic oil/soya sauce/assorted sauce. Boiling soup..cook porridge. If u lazy to cook & go outside.. Maybe u can consider to order tingkat.

I'm start reading some of pregnancy book... Borrow from library.

Relax. Sleep..watch tv..walking
Thanks, neohbeehong

liliankoh

Smoothly...today had 11 patient did ER...wait almost 1.5hr at surgent room..waiting made more nervous...scarly

Didn't worry...given anaesthesia where cause slept (unconscious)..egg collection process only take 20min+rest in bed 1hr. But the painful part was needle on hand vein.

After the procedures.. I felt discomfort on vaginal & slightly bleeding..
Hi neohbeehong

How are u? better? bleeding stop? Enjoy ur 2ww

makino

AF came today ... sigh .. i wonder if i wan FET next cycle, shd i be taking med already? my appt with dr loh is only on sat.. hope it won be too late.. i dn wan my FET done by anyone else...

liliankoh

AF came today ... sigh .. i wonder if i wan FET next cycle, shd i be taking med already? my appt with dr loh is only on sat.. hope it won be too late.. i dn wan my FET done by anyone else...
Ur AF really fast, some forum sisters have to wait for months. Better call the nurse n email him today because I hear he stop taking patient n KK is close for cleaning last week of dec. To me is KKH cheaper TMC I think more exp, if same doctor I will prefer to try in KKH to save $$$ for baby sorry I cant advice you much on FET as I don't really have much idea n info how it is like

Last edited:

makino

i just sent him an email. i also prefer to do in kk. i remembered being quoted $2.5K or so for iui. kk only charging $1.2k or so. waited for months?? serious! thats v strange isnt it? given that there is ovulation, fertilization & lining ready! ive taken duphaston before so i knew my AF will be here within 5 days after i stop duphaston. i read in the other thread that tmc ivf is between $15K-21K! dr loh told my girlfriend that once he goes over it won't be so ex but withoutthe 3k subsidy, i think i need to prepare at least $10K cash?!! i.only paid over $1K cash this cycle...

liliankoh

i just sent him an email. i also prefer to do in kk. i remembered being quoted $2.5K or so for iui. kk only charging $1.2k or so. waited for months?? serious! thats v strange isnt it? given that there is ovulation, fertilization & lining ready! ive taken duphaston before so i knew my AF will be here within 5 days after i stop duphaston. i read in the other thread that tmc ivf is between $15K-21K! dr loh told my girlfriend that once he goes over it won't be so ex but withoutthe 3k subsidy, i think i need to prepare at least $10K cash?!! i.only paid over $1K cash this cycle...
Did he reply?

makino

no!! arrgh.. but i'll see him tomorrow.. nervous.. i just went back to work today. my boss said she aint gg to allow me any more mc. like she has the authority to deny my benefits?! i'll bring it up to MOM. atrocious!

ET did successfully, 13 eggs, 6 mature, 4 fertilized, 3 usable, 2 embryo transfer(grade 4), left 1 frozen(grade 3)

So sad.

Pregnancy blood test on 11/11/2011.

Last edited:

makino

*hugz* hope most of them matured & can successfully be fertilized!! don be sad. go home lie dwn, nap & enjoy your 2WW! don take too heaty or cooling stuff. i ate too much dried longans & am now down with cough, sore throat, flu. im waiting to see him..so much patients.. even on a half day. pity dr loh..,he works really long hours..

ET did successfully, 13 eggs, 6 mature, 4 fertilized, 3 usable, 2 embryo transfer(grade 4), left 1 frozen(grade 3)

So sad.

Pregnancy blood test on 11/11/2011.
What did the doc bat the preggy chance? Since u had 6 mature and 4 fertilized? Is it average to have 13 eggs? And why 2 need to be embryo transfer and 1 to be frozen?
Is it the IVF procedure?
Sorry ask so many questions. I done my IUI on 21 Oct so next mon should be able to know the result. But worry if not succeed, thinking straight go to IVF.

liliankoh

*hugz* hope most of them matured & can successfully be fertilized!! don be sad. go home lie dwn, nap & enjoy your 2WW! don take too heaty or cooling stuff. i ate too much dried longans & am now down with cough, sore throat, flu. im waiting to see him..so much patients.. even on a half day. pity dr loh..,he works really long hours..
Thanks, makino

Still waiting? Ah poor Dr Loh sat still have to work so late and start so early. He allows you to start next month?

What did the doc bat the preggy chance? Since you had 6 mature and 4 fertilized? Is it average to have 13 eggs? And why 2 need to be embryo transfer and 1 to be frozen?
Is it the IVF procedure?
Sorry ask so many questions. I done my IUI on 21 Oct so next mon should be able to know the result. But worry if not succeed, thinking straight go to IVF.
I didn't ask my gynae on my case. As I know very hard to get high % of mature egg from follicles..if I'm not wrong 40-50% only can get mature eggs.

Ivf procedures more complicated than iui. My case as follows(total 2 mth);
3 week - lucrin(10u)
1 week + 2 day - Puregon(200u)
2 day - scanning(lining & no. Of follicle)
1 day - pregnyl(10,000u)
1 day - egg pick egg (sedation apply)
1 day - max 2 embryo transfer allow
4 day - pregnyl(1000u)
3 times - blood test taken
2 week - waiting time for pregnancy test
Safe sex since cycle start

makino

Thanks, makino

Still waiting? poor Dr Loh sat still have to work so late and start so early. He allows you to start next month?
finally saw him after 2.5hrs past appointment time. he said it is bad for women to go for another at this time because our body needs time to purge out whatever .. this mth is no good .. i have to wait for next mth AF .. and because I'm PCO, my MC is very irregular, he gave me medicine to induce MC and if all is good, FET will be before christmas ~ now i've to continue taking medicine .. ive been given asprin and some other stuff .. sigh ..

My SO's sperm count is at 143million!! he said its alot and good so yes I can opt for SO-IUI next time and dont actually requires IVF .. phew ~ but of cos SO-IUI has only half the success rate of IVf so i believe its still going to take me some time and cost me a bomb ..

he's going into private practice and hopefully his charges will not be too high ~ operations will begin at his new location on 2 Jan..

liliankoh

finally saw him after 2.5hrs past appointment time. he said it is bad for women to go for another at this time because our body needs time to purge out whatever .. this mth is no good .. i have to wait for next mth AF .. and because I'm PCO, my MC is very irregular, he gave me medicine to induce MC and if all is good, FET will be before christmas ~ now i've to continue taking medicine .. ive been given asprin and some other stuff .. sigh ..

My SO's sperm count is at 143million!! he said its alot and good so yes I can opt for SO-IUI next time and dont actually requires IVF .. phew ~ but of cos SO-IUI has only half the success rate of IVf so i believe its still going to take me some time and cost me a bomb ..

he's going into private practice and hopefully his charges will not be too high ~ operations will begin at his new location on 2 Jan..
U manage to plan FET before christmas so can be done at kkh by him, right? i hear some stop and later get preg naturally, if ur age can still wait u might want to try.