IVF/ICSI/IUI general support and Discussion groups 2010

I went a day earlier for my hCG & my beta was a miserable 1.2 .. failed my fresh cycle & will arrange with Dr Loh for ET of my frozen embryos asap .. So sad ..
Did your menses appear? What does means of 1.2? Need how much only consider pregnant?

Oh no. Don't be too upset? U still have 2 frozen embryo.

liliankoh

Hi liliankoh, only 2 more than 10mm?? did the dr increase your puregon? how much are you taking? I was on only 150units throughout cause I am PCO and they scared I will have OHSS. In the end, out of 26 follicles, only 6 were retrieved. I was so upset. If yours aint growing fast enough, do email dr loh and ask for his opinion. My girlfriend consulted dr loh and he doubled her last few puregon (she is also PCO) .. she had 24 eggs retrieved, 15 successfully fertilized. I regretted not going to dr loh or maybe perhaps I might have more follicles retrieved. So, do email him if you think you need a 2nd opinion. I find kk ivf doctors too conservative. But of course there are girls who have only 2 eggs retrieved and they got pregnant. In my layman thinking, I just want more picked up after all the jabs I've been through ~ just so i will have more for frozen cycles if my fresh cycle is unsuccessful .. But thank God, 4 out of 6 are good. Now I can only hope the 2 inside me are good too ..

I'm going to be there 9plus .. and i hate monday mornings .. its always so packed. Hope good results for you and me tomorrow!!
Hi makino

Thanks for your advice, have email dr loh

I am there this morning, did we see each other, i am the lady in black holding styrofoam box.

Bad news for me need to go back, how many scan did u went b4 ER?

Sorry to hear that, do recuperate well and take care

Last edited:

liliankoh

I know few follicles hit 18mm...& few below 10mm. I'm taken 200u on Puregon(total 9 jabs). How about u?
Mi on GF 300units, how ur night injection, i heard it was very painful, do update us on your status, ok, all the best to your ER; lots of eggs and all good eggs

makino

Hi makino

Thanks for your advice, have email dr loh

I am there this morning, did we see each other, i am the lady in black holding styrofoam box.

Bad news for me need to go back, how many scan did you went before ER?

Sorry to hear that, do recuperate well and take care

I was there at 9plus and i think i saw you! didnt had a closer look cause you only walked past my seat as your name was called. You went into room 3 right? I remembered your styrofoam box !! I came & left in 15mins. I was also in black and dark blue denim skirt, short hair with a black longchamp.

I had scans daily for 3days in a row if I remembered correctly. Then on 3rd scan they decided i was ready and arranged for the night jab.

I was mentally prepared so I'm doing fine. My hubby was more affected. He heartpain the procedures I had to go through and was so sad this whole afternoon. I'm waiting for my AF and will be seeing dr loh this sat morning.

While I want to have my FET asap, I'm also considering going for cycle2 jabs without FET. Cost is my main concern. If I go for FET and fail, then I will have to go TMC for IVF and there is no government subsidy, meaning I have to fork out about $6K in cash ~ .. even with this, the time is also very tight .. if I take prolonged jabs, then I'm probably going to miss dr loh also .. how I wish he aint leaving so soon ... I'm now in a delimma. and my hubby don really want me to go through another cycle again he said he heart pain for me. So sweet ~

hi neohbeehong
beta reading is the most accurate in determining if one is pregnant or not. Once pregnancy happens, hCG will be released into our blood stream and doubles every day/other day. I guess i would need to have a beta reading of about 100? at least~ .. sigh .. and I was hoping for twins .. I can only hope my next attempt will be a successful one.

makino

Mi on GF 300units, how ur night injection, i heard it was very painful, do update us on your status, ok, all the best to your ER; lots of eggs and all good eggs
10,000units of Pregnyl is not painful. I chose to have it on my bum, IMO less pain than thigh. The jab was done by an eldering staff nurse. Very nice & experienced. It was over very quickly. No pain on that night but the next day, spot felt alittle sore is all. The only painful jab in the whole procedure is the one for GA.. but its still bearable. Dont worry about it ok *hugz*

liliankoh

I was there at 9plus and i think i saw you! didnt had a closer look cause you only walked past my seat as your name was called. You went into room 3 right? I remembered your styrofoam box !! I came & left in 15mins. I was also in black and dark blue denim skirt, short hair with a black longchamp.

I had scans daily for 3days in a row if I remembered correctly. Then on 3rd scan they decided i was ready and arranged for the night jab.

I was mentally prepared so I'm doing fine. My hubby was more affected. He heartpain the procedures I had to go through and was so sad this whole afternoon. I'm waiting for my AF and will be seeing dr loh this sat morning.

While I want to have my FET asap, I'm also considering going for cycle2 jabs without FET. Cost is my main concern. If I go for FET and fail, then I will have to go TMC for IVF and there is no government subsidy, meaning I have to fork out about $6K in cash ~ .. even with this, the time is also very tight .. if I take prolonged jabs, then I'm probably going to miss dr loh also .. how I wish he aint leaving so soon ... I'm now in a delimma. and my hubby don really want me to go through another cycle again he said he heart pain for me. So sweet ~

hi neohbeehong
beta reading is the most accurate in determining if one is pregnant or not. Once pregnancy happens, hCG will be released into our blood stream and doubles every day/other day. I guess i would need to have a beta reading of about 100? at least~ .. sigh .. and I was hoping for twins .. I can only hope my next attempt will be a successful one.
You are really strong, hugz. So sweet to have a nice and thoughful hubby

Mi going for night injection on thu night, sat ER and mon ET, hope for good news

liliankoh

10,000units of Pregnyl is not painful. I chose to have it on my bum, IMO less pain than thigh. The jab was done by an eldering staff nurse. Very nice & experienced. It was over very quickly. No pain on that night but the next day, spot felt alittle sore is all. The only painful jab in the whole procedure is the one for GA.. but its still bearable. Dont worry about it ok *hugz*
What is GA?

Hi,

Anyone tried seeing Matthew Lau from Kandang Kerbau Hospital IVF centre?
Wanna do my frozen cycle but my Gynae Kelly, has gone for private practise.

Marianne is also leaving at end of yr.
In Kandang Kerbau Hospital, it seems that there is only 1 lady Dr and she is so busy... 1st apt can be as late as in a mths time.

Pls revert comments on any other Dr, anxious..

Thanks!
Oh no, me under dr marianne. Did u know where she go?

2 experienced dr leaving at the same time...left out with those new hand....

How ER today?
Smoothly...today had 11 patient did ER...wait almost 1.5hr at surgent room..waiting made more nervous...scarly

Didn't worry...given anaesthesia where cause slept (unconscious)..egg collection process only take 20min+rest in bed 1hr. But the painful part was needle on hand vein.

After the procedures.. I felt discomfort on vaginal & slightly bleeding..

liliankoh

Smoothly...today had 11 patient did ER...wait almost 1.5hr at surgent room..waiting made more nervous...scarly

Didn't worry...given anaesthesia where cause slept (unconscious)..egg collection process only take 20min+rest in bed 1hr. But the painful part was needle on hand vein.

After the procedures.. I felt discomfort on vaginal & slightly bleeding..
Did they update you on the egg? Do you have to wait for call to do ET?

makino

13 eggs! I'm so envious .. hope most of them get fertilized successfully!! all the best to you. Rest well.

Last edited:

liliankoh

Hi makino & neohbeehonhg

How u do all settle the 2ww makan, cook urself or order tingkat, mi thinking of tingkat.

Anything to look out during these 2ww, thanks

makino

Hi liliankoh, my mil cooked most lunches and we drove out for dinners. I take 2 packets of immunocol + 4 egg whites daily, no cold drinks, no alcohol, no raw food, no cooling stuff. Thats about it for me. Enjoy your 2WW!! Apart from the sad news, I enjoyed my break ~

liliankoh

Hi liliankoh, my mil cooked most lunches and we drove out for dinners. I take 2 packets of immunocol + 4 egg whites daily, no cold drinks, no alcohol, no raw food, no cooling stuff. Thats about it for me. Enjoy your 2WW!! Apart from the sad news, I enjoyed my break ~
Thanks, makino

Hi makino & neohbeehonhg

How you do all settle the 2ww makan, cook yourself or order tingkat, mi thinking of tingkat.

Anything to look out during these 2ww, thanks
Thinking to cook simple dishes...steam fish/chicken/pork/veg/egg with ginger sause/garlic oil/soya sauce/assorted sauce. Boiling soup..cook porridge. If u lazy to cook & go outside.. Maybe u can consider to order tingkat.

I'm start reading some of pregnancy book... Borrow from library.

Relax. Sleep..watch tv..walking