IVF/ICSI/IUI general support and Discussion groups 2010

mymiracle

Hi All,

I have been married for more than 10 year, no luck on natural.

Unfortunately i did 6x of IUI all failed.. (i have blocked L tude & Hubby sperms are low too) *Feeling so depress*

Finally I am being brave and hubby agreed and now we are starting our IVF process at KK. Today (25th Aug) is my day 10 of injecting. Hope everything goes smooth for us...

Really hope MIRACLE.

liliankoh

I am on KKIVF, start in Sep, would llike to know more ppl who start the same period

Anyone has went through the process, appreciate your update on the flow from Day 1

Thank you

Hi ladies,

NUH provide ART services...IUI, IVF, ICSI etc. Hope to reduce super long 'Q' on KK & SGH.

Clinic For Human Reproduction

My 1st appt on 7/4/11 at KK, we immediately book for IVF but the 'Q' was on sept'11. Is't true? How to increse singapore fertility%?

Did yours have this same experiences before?

Last edited:
Hello Ladies,

I'm going for my very first IUI procedure soon and am keeping my fingers crossed. Just suffered a (natural) chemical pregnancy last month so am a little bumped... Hopefully this procedure will be successful and the little one will stick!

But from what i read on this thread, IUI success rate does not seem to be high.... But I'm a little scared of the whole IVF process / procedure hence I told my doc I wanted to try IUI first. She limited me to 2 IUI cycles only though because I have rather bad endometriosis.

Keeping fingers crossed and lotsa sticky baby dust to everyone!

Desperate

I had my first iui. Am supposed to do the blood test next Monday but i cant wait and test using the pregnant test kit. Unfortunately it was not successful. I felt mentally drained and wondering if i shld continue with the 2nd iui, to undergo the jabs and procedures again.

Hi Desperate,
I've been reading this thread & it seems that many ladies made several IUI attempts & eventually switching to IVF even. My first IUI procedure is coming up after trying unsuccessfully for more than a year. I know the disappointment of seeing a BFN time after time but unfortunately we can only be patient. I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for both u & myself. Jia you & hope we'll get our BFPs really soon!!

Shanice78

Can we just do direct to kk to seek for appointment for ivf treatment? Just ask for dr sf Loh?

Been to kk to seek for treatment but end up switch to my gynae in mount e.
Miscarriage last year nov n have been trying till now no news yet.
Thk it v stress to made bb at time. My hubby are v stress out on the routine.
His work always take alot of his time n engrgy till no mood. Plus past few month he got to travel during my ovulation period.

liliankoh

I will be starting my d21 inject on Sept 28, need some advice, the more i read the more blur i am

When should i start taking folic acid, conceive well gold, chicken essence, egg white, brazil nuts etc and which brand should i go from

Thanks for the advice

Tresalim

Hi ladies,

Don't despair. I had done my iui last yr and it was successful at my first time. I also done my part by ensuring hsb's sperms to be at a better quality that day. We took a lot of broccoli, hsb took oysters, eggs and fish. We had wheats for breakfast. We had that diet for abt 2 weeks before iui.

Dont be hopeful at the first trial so your hopes won't be dashed when results came out. Do email me at tresalim@gmail.com if you want to know more. :)

serene78

Thanks Tresalim... for sharing with all of us your successful case... This is indeed inspiring for me... I had my 1st IUI completed today... was hoping for some miracle to happen...

Ladies, we can only do what we can to improve the chances of getting BFP.. and the rest will need to leave to God hands.. For me, I have tried to keep a healthy lifestyle before going for this, been with TCM for years... and recently even took acupuncture... I guess now that my IUI procedure is over, I can only wait and see if I will be the lucky one..

Be Positive Ladies... We will get there someday, long as we dun stop hoping for it :)

makino

I had my ER yesterday. I am seeing dr sf loh. This is my first cycle after being unable to conceive since Oct 2008. I am PCO and my scans showed I have about 26 follicles in various sizes but imagine my shock when the staff nurse said 6 was retrieved! Kandang Kerbau Hospital ivf dr was really afraid I will have OHSS so they kept my gonal-f at 150iu throughout .. I was so upset after ER yesterday. Am due for ET this coming Monday.. Is it too much to hope that all 6 eggs will be of good quality? sigh ~

6 Sep to 5 Oct: 10units Lucrin (30 jabs)
22 Sep to 4 Oct: 150units Gonal-f (13 jabs)
5 Oct: 10,000units Pregnyl (at 9pm O&G clinic)
6 Oct: fast from 11:30pm
7 Oct: Ovum Pick-Up Day

I had my ER yesterday. I am seeing dr sf loh. This is my first cycle after being unable to conceive since Oct 2008. I am PCO and my scans showed I have about 26 follicles in various sizes but imagine my shock when the staff nurse said 6 was retrieved! Kandang Kerbau Hospital ivf dr was really afraid I will have OHSS so they kept my gonal-f at 150iu throughout .. I was so upset after ER yesterday. Am due for ET this coming Monday.. Is it too much to hope that all 6 eggs will be of good quality? sigh ~

7 Oct: Ovum Pick-Up Day
Hi,
Seem like your cycle is difference from my..longer than me. I'm start lucrin on day 21.

How many jabs for Puregon?

Finally your hard journey over.. Now at the stage of 2ww..

Jia you!!!

makino

Hi,
Seem like your cycle is difference from my..longer than me. I'm start lucrin on day 21.

How many jabs for Puregon?

Finally your hard journey over.. Now at the stage of 2ww..

Jia you!!!
Hi neohbeehong, thank you! and yes, I'm enjoying my 2WW which ends on 25 Oct. I'll be going for HCG test on 25 Oct itself. Mixed feelings .. while I'm anxious to know if my fresh cycle is successful, it also meant my paid-leave is ending !!

Is my cycle very much longer than yours? I started puregon (gonal-f) on D17 after Lucrin.. 13 jabs for puregon in all. I had to buy a 2nd bottle of Lucrin, hundred over bucks .. no choice as I was 5ml short!! so heart pain. but yes its finally over and i'm enjoying my much needed break. (^^)

7 Oct: Ovum Pick-Up. 6 follicles, 5 fertilized, 4x6-cell at Grade 3.
10 Oct: 2 embryos transferred, 2 frozen

Hi neohbeehong

How are you? you in stage 2 now?
Me fine & so far felt good after taken injection drug.

Now in stage 2, 7 jabs of Puregon & 21 jabs of lucrin, tomorrow go back hospital for scanning. If everything smoothly ET will be held on next week. Next is our big day!!!

How is your body this 2ww? Different felt? What u do during this period of time?

Jia you!!!!

makino

Me fine & so far felt good after taken injection drug.

Now in stage 2, 7 jabs of Puregon & 21 jabs of lucrin, tomorrow go back hospital for scanning. If everything smoothly ET will be held on next week. Next is our big day!!!

How is your body this 2ww? Different felt? What u do during this period of time?

Jia you!!!!
Oh I was initially given 7 jabs of puregon too but then my follicles did not grow as quickly as expected so I was extended on it and KK pushed back the ET date. Hope your follicles are more obedient than mine. I had to return daily the last few days before ET so they could confirm go-ahead or postpone. There will be a night jab 36 hours before ET @ the 24hrs clinic. Did you take note of the size of your follicles? I wish i had! My friend had a notepad with her all the time and as the scan was done and size read out, she noted them all in her pad ..

when ET is over, and ER done, you can then enjoy your 2WW~ This is the best part out of the entire IVF procedure .. but do watch diet and avoid cold stuff as much as possible. Are you taking proteins? I take 2 packs of immunocol and 4-5 hard-boiled egg whites daily ..

take care & all the best ~

Last edited:

liliankoh

Hi neobeehong

u are faster than me, i start my 2nd inj only on last sat, my scan is on sat

i sometime keep blurbing and feel a bit discomfortable at the tummy