IVF

lawla12

Haha! Ya, must think of me more often then I'll appear! *poof!* :001_302:

I'm still seeing Dr Cheng @ Thomson Medical Center. Took a break for past few months & try naturally cos was feeling quite stress over tis whole thingy. Still no news so tis time, go back to Dr again.

I'm on 75ml injection daily now... eek, dont like the feeling of poking myself daily... but no choice . Then also on medication for blood circulation. Will go back & scan tis sat again... then next week, for a couple of times... will keep jabbing until they say stop .

Oh! Now you seeing senseh ? I saw you mentioned about Xia Rong... I saw her once but didn't follow through with the medicine... quite troublesome . Have to take the herbal powder twice a day & quite yucky taste! ; p Quite expensive too... think I spent about $200 for my 1st visit with her cos have to pay for 1 month worth of herbal powder.

dont give up! you must JIA YOU too! The baby will come... must pray & believe... & it will happen! We must both JIA YOU together, k?

ya ya...Dr Xia Rong is EXP!!!!! moreover, paragon is quite far from my place..lazy to go town lehhh....troublesome......the TCM i'm seeing is Dr Xia Rong's cousin......kekekekee...

the med really taste super YUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need to eat sweets after i drink the med...the powder wont melt deee lehh...still powdery even in boiling water deee....pui pui~

for me, the jabs still ok...juz poke n dun tink liaooo.......after the IUI, the gynae asked me to insert 2 pills into ur private area twice a day!!! tat's even MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TROUBLESOME lohhh!!!!!!!!!!! i got hard time inserting the 2 pills inside...zzz...1st time, i din push the pills deep euff....when i go toilet, the pill burst n the super sticky powder was hanging outside my private area...zzzzz....the nurse told me the pill is to support our lining......

i'm trying TCM for maybe 6mths baaaa cos hubby is busy during this period.....so i might as well go "tiao" my body while waiting......not sure if i wanna go do IVF as suggested by my gynae....its very very exp!!!!!!! need to set aside 30k ......i tot of doing 3rd IUI again, my gynae told me can try last time, but its of cos better to do IVF straight away.......

the sinseh @ AMK, told me tat IUI is quite useless for my case cos my folicle is too weak to "hatch" .......ZZzZZZZzZZZ.......upon hearing this, me super sadz...so IVF is the only way lohhhhhh.....

tsk tsk tsk...where got so much $$$???? heaven can drop some $ from the sky gif me or not arrrr??? tsk tsk tsk.....

JIA YOU JIA YOU !!!!!! MAY U STRIKE YAAAA~

:red::red::red::red::red::red::red::red:

Oink

ya ya...Dr Xia Rong is EXP!!!!! moreover, paragon is quite far from my place..lazy to go town lehhh....troublesome......the traditional chinese medicine i'm seeing is Dr Xia Rong's cousin......kekekekee...

the med really taste super YUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i need to eat sweets after i drink the med...the powder wont melt deee lehh...still powdery even in boiling water deee....pui pui~

for me, the jabs still ok...just poke n dont tink liaooo.......after the IUI, the gynae asked me to insert 2 pills into your private area twice a day!!! that's even MOREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE TROUBLESOME lohhh!!!!!!!!!!! i got hard time inserting the 2 pills inside...zzz...1st time, i did not push the pills deep euff....when i go toilet, the pill burst n the super sticky powder was hanging outside my private area...zzzzz....the nurse told me the pill is to support our lining......

i'm trying traditional chinese medicine for maybe 6mths baaaa cos hubby is busy during this period.....so i might as well go "tiao" my body while waiting......not sure if i wanna go do IVF as suggested by my gynae....its very very exp!!!!!!! need to set aside 30k ......i thought of doing 3rd IUI again, my gynae told me can try last time, but its of cos better to do IVF straight away.......

the sinseh @ AMK, told me that IUI is quite useless for my case cos my folicle is too weak to "hatch" .......ZZzZZZZzZZZ.......upon hearing this, me super sadz...so IVF is the only way lohhhhhh.....

tsk tsk tsk...where got so much $$$???? heaven can drop some $ from the sky give me or not arrrr??? tsk tsk tsk.....

JIA YOU JIA YOU !!!!!! MAY you STRIKE YAAAA~

:red::red::red::red::red::red::red::red:
Oh! Didn't know that Dr Xia Rong has a cousin who is a sinseh too... haha, but true! It's really yucky. Dun like the powdery taste... I also eat sweet after drinking the powder... always feel headache after drinking the herbal stuff... think can't take the smell.. .so after a while, I stop drinking it... hee... waste $$ only. :nah:

Ooh... after IUI, still muz insert pill into pte area? Yucks! So gross... how to do it? I hope I do not hv to do it... but dr did mention abt some medication to help support the womb... AaaaahhhhH! Hope it is oral or injection, rather than insertion... eek! :err::err::err:

Dr also told me that I can only try 2 rounds of IUI... after that, hv to be IVF. I also dun wanna go through that... so am praying that tis cycle will be last & successful one! :001_302:

U juz tiao your body 1st lor... I agree wif u... no point wasting time juz waiting. At least, do something good for yourself while waiting for hb to be ready lor... U can do it! Juz hang in there... :Dancing_wub:

lawla12

Oh! Didn't know that Dr Xia Rong has a cousin who is a sinseh too... haha, but true! It's really yucky. dont like the powdery taste... I also eat sweet after drinking the powder... always feel headache after drinking the herbal stuff... think can't take the smell.. .so after a while, I stop drinking it... hee... waste $$ only. :nah:

Ooh... after IUI, still must insert pill into pte area? Yucks! So gross... how to do it? I hope I do not have to do it... but dr did mention about some medication to help support the womb... AaaaahhhhH! Hope it is oral or injection, rather than insertion... eek! :err::err::err:

Dr also told me that I can only try 2 rounds of IUI... after that, have to be IVF. I also dont wanna go through that... so am praying that tis cycle will be last & successful one! :001_302:

you just tiao your body 1st ... I agree with you... no point wasting time just waiting. At least, do something good for yourself while waiting for husband to be ready ... you can do it! just hang in there... :Dancing_wub:

sighz...lots of pple r telling me no point doing 3 rounds of IUI....tsk tsk tsk...guess i need to drop tat idea liaooo.....really no $$$$ do IVF lehhh..tsk tsk tsk.......

i dun wanna tink abt it baaaaa....hopefully i will see the sunshine after the rain.....

the pill is insert deee..not eat deee.....i got ask b4....the nurse gif me the werid feeling when i told her i duno how to insert the pill n ask for consume deeee....she ask me to sit down..its easier.......i tried lohhh, need to use mirror ...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i use mirror to see, aim proper, then push inside....kekekekee.....hubby was staring at me doing it n i ask him to GO AWAY LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA......he watch, how i insert...super werid!!!!!

kekekeke.....good luck yaaaaa....keep me updated....hehehheee~

Oink

sighz...lots of pple are telling me no point doing 3 rounds of IUI....tsk tsk tsk...guess i need to drop that idea liaooo.....really no $$$$ do IVF lehhh..tsk tsk tsk.......

i dont wanna tink about it baaaaa....hopefully i will see the sunshine after the rain.....

the pill is insert deee..not eat deee.....i got ask before....the nurse give me the werid feeling when i told her i dont know how to insert the pill n ask for consume deeee....she ask me to sit down..its easier.......i tried lohhh, need to use mirror ...LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i use mirror to see, aim proper, then push inside....kekekekee.....hubby was staring at me doing it n i ask him to GO AWAY LAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA......he watch, how i insert...super werid!!!!!

kekekeke.....good luck yaaaaa....keep me updated....hehehheee~
Well.... I did 3 rounds of IUI in public hosp... now doing 4th round in pte hosp... depends on wat u want, i guess... for me, I really do not want to go through IVF... so will keep trying! & praying! It is really expensive to go through IVF & the claim is not much lor. But u juz do what your heart tells u... most impt is that u muz be comfortable wif your decision.

Eek! :eek: That inserting of pill sounds difficult & gross. Anyway, will see what the dr says... hmm... not looking forward to that part definitely.

Will keep u posted of my development... hee, so stay tuned! :001_302:

babylemon

Yes lawla12, responding to ur page...! Actually I hv not visited the forum for some time liao... Just visited Dr Cheng last wk after waiting for 3 cycles. It's a long wait but wah lao, he says I still hv to wait somemore, cos now he needs 2 mths to prepare my body for the FET. Currently taking the bc pills to stop the ovaries from working and then followed by injections daily until near the FET day.

Tis round, nurse said I can claim the 2nd round of medisave. I am really surprised cos I tot we need to pay cash liao.. So in tat case, I dun nd to fork out cash to finish the IVF process aldy. She said the FET is less than $5K and the medisave will be more than enuf. Also gd lah, cos I aldy stop working and no more income. Now I shopping, damn sian, only see see look look only...wah, damn hard to control..

I hope to go thru all tis wait faster cos I was thinking if not successful then I want to find a job liao. Sudd not used to the slow pace of life. V bored...and getting really lazy...

Actually lawla12, I think u can discuss with the nurse to hv a beta idea on how the cost of the IVF will be like. Cos like my case, with the 2nd claim fm medisave means I can save my cash. I think total cash I fork out is less than $8k bah for the IVF. Of cos I koe the amt of injections will affect the cost. But I think the injections used in the IVF is same as IUI? If so, then might as well try IVF.

During the last 3 cycles I was still trying naturally with hb. In fact, we did it more frequently, but still no result. And the last cycle, I couldnt test a positive in the OPK so I dun even koe whether I had ovulated. I think I really hv ovulation probs as well.

I am also worried abt the FET cos the fertilised embryo hv to thaw successfully. Dr suggest to nature the best to D5 and using AH. I hv heard of cases where the embryo cldnt thaw or didnt grow etc etc... Wah i really scared also..!

paging for babylemon~

did not hear from you for quite some time leeee...how's evyting ???????

lawla12

Yes lawla12, responding to your page...! Actually I have not visited the forum for some time ... Just visited Dr Cheng last wk after waiting for 3 cycles. It's a long wait but wah lao, he says I still have to wait somemore, cos now he needs 2 mths to prepare my body for the FET. Currently taking the bc pills to stop the ovaries from working and then followed by injections daily until near the FET day.

Tis round, nurse said I can claim the 2nd round of medisave. I am really surprised cos I thought we need to pay cash .. So in that case, I dont need to fork out cash to finish the IVF process already. She said the FET is less than $5K and the medisave will be more than enuf. Also good , cos I already stop working and no more income. Now I shopping, damn sian, only see see look look only...wah, damn hard to control..

I hope to go thru all tis wait faster cos I was thinking if not successful then I want to find a job . Sudd not used to the slow pace of life. very bored...and getting really lazy...

Actually lawla12, I think you can discuss with the nurse to have a beta idea on how the cost of the IVF will be like. Cos like my case, with the 2nd claim fm medisave means I can save my cash. I think total cash I fork out is less than $8k bah for the IVF. Of cos I koe the amt of injections will affect the cost. But I think the injections used in the IVF is same as IUI? If so, then might as well try IVF.

During the last 3 cycles I was still trying naturally with husband. In fact, we did it more frequently, but still no result. And the last cycle, I couldnt test a positive in the OPK so I dont even koe whether I had ovulated. I think I really have ovulation probs as well.

I am also worried about the FET cos the fertilised embryo have to thaw successfully. Dr suggest to nature the best to D5 and using . I have heard of cases where the embryo cldnt thaw or didnt grow etc etc... Wah i really scared also..!

Oooh....jia you jia you~

i'm oso tendering soon...but i've to serve 3mths notice.....i'm planning my last day so i can take advantage of weekends (cos u will b paid if ur last day falls on weekend)......

i'm really super upset at work...kana nonsense from idiot unreasonable boss.....its like a time bomb, anytime i will go crazy....see email from her, my heart oso beat fast.....rec sms, oso scare to see her no.....zzzzz...i'm gonna crazy soon......hubby told me to quit since boss is so unreasonable.....

really doubt i can stay on too.....i nv tink tat i will strike if i tender.....juz leave it to fate baaa...if really strike n i'm jobless, then its meant to b.....

did discuss again wif hubby cos 1 of my colleague did her IVF wif Chris Chen from Glen E n she strike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cos she's 36, she needs to take jab daily to support her baby esp during the 1st 3 mths where her baby is not tat stable.....she told me her pre-IVF costs (consultation, injections, scanning, IVF procedure), total costs abt 15k.....then after she strike, she's spending abt $150 daily for her injections.....according to gynae, she needs to take the injections n lots of med until 3mths....so she estimated tat she needs to set aside 10k (better to play safe)........

her suggestion----better to set aside 30k for evyting....juz in case lohhh....must b prepared to spend more if there's complications.....

told hubby abt it.....both of us really find the costs TOO MUCH!!!!! there's no 100% guarantee.....moreover, its gonna b super demoralising if we fail......we understand the fact tat IVF only means higher chances....but since its the highest % as compared to other methods (IUI etc), if our 1st IVF fail...is like i can nv b preggie.......he always say its ok ok not to haf baby....but i "dun dare" to face the truth instead......really super demoralise esp when i'm getting older n older........

well....now my concern wont b IVF or wad yaaa...its my job.....since i need to gif 3mths notice which is super long, no company will wanna wait for me.....oso duno if the new company is good or not.....need to work at least 180days (depending on individual company) in order to b entitle for maternity leave shd i strike.......

sighhzzz...1 problem after another....zzzzzzzzzz

Last edited:

babylemon

lawla12, wah i am shock that you are thinking of tendering too. 3 mths notice is so long... but anyway, for myself, if it's not bcos of preparing the final part of the ivf, i will most prob stay in my job. I think it is also good , since your job so stressful and your bosses make you go crazy. With your experience, i am sure you can find another job if you want to.

If you do resign, just take a good break first. what is best is that you can accomodate to your husband's wrk schedule. you will also feel more relax while trying to concieve.

seriously i also wont koe whether i can strike a not. But what to do...if our bodies is infertile also cant help it. Actually it's my husband who has been supportive. He is much more positive. He thinks we shld just try out as long as ther's a chance.

Well, i think that certain thgs we cant really foresee. Of cos, if we have all the money in the wrld will be the best. But to really prepare the money, how much is really enuf? I have a colleague who's wife had to be bedridden thruout her pregnancy as there was no water in her uterus. Subsequently, my colleague lost his job when the baby was born as the company was cutting cost. So I feel that no matter how, it is impossible to predict such situations. My colleague is really good, he is still staying strong for his newborn and family.

MMm, i dont know...just think that if we think too much then nothing will be done. And time waits for no man. I think Glen E is expensive. Maybe can also go to other hospital if the cost is not manageable. So lawla12, once you have decided, dont turn back already..just go and try for it! Since that time that I tendered, i already dont think about earning that maternity leave already. My hubby encourage me by saying that money can always be earn back later.

We must Jia You!!

Oooh....jia you jia you~

i'm also tendering soon...but i've to serve 3mths notice.....i'm planning my last day so i can take advantage of weekends (cos you will b paid if your last day falls on weekend)......

i'm really super upset at work...kana nonsense from idiot unreasonable boss.....its like a time bomb, anytime i will go crazy....see email from her, my heart also beat fast.....rec sms, also scare to see her no.....zzzzz...i'm gonna crazy soon......hubby told me to quit since boss is so unreasonable.....

really doubt i can stay on too.....i never tink that i will strike if i tender.....just leave it to fate baaa...if really strike n i'm jobless, then its meant to b.....

did discuss again with hubby cos 1 of my colleague did her IVF with Chris Chen from Glen E n she strike!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! cos she's 36, she needs to take jab daily to support her baby esp during the 1st 3 mths where her baby is not that stable.....she told me her pre-IVF costs (consultation, injections, scanning, IVF procedure), total costs about 15k.....then after she strike, she's spending about $150 daily for her injections.....according to gynae, she needs to take the injections n lots of med until 3mths....so she estimated that she needs to set aside 10k (better to play safe)........

her suggestion----better to set aside 30k for evyting....just in case lohhh....must b prepared to spend more if there's complications.....

told hubby about it.....both of us really find the costs TOO MUCH!!!!! there's no 100% guarantee.....moreover, its gonna b super demoralising if we fail......we understand the fact that IVF only means higher chances....but since its the highest % as compared to other methods (IUI etc), if our 1st IVF fail...is like i can never b preggie.......he always say its ok ok not to have baby....but i "dont dare" to face the truth instead......really super demoralise esp when i'm getting older n older........

well....now my concern wont b IVF or what yaaa...its my job.....since i need to give 3mths notice which is super long, no company will wanna wait for me.....also dont know if the new company is good or not.....need to work at least 180days (depending on individual company) in order to b entitle for maternity leave should i strike.......

sighhzzz...1 problem after another....zzzzzzzzzz

lawla12

lawla12, wah i am shock that you are thinking of tendering too. 3 mths notice is so long... but anyway, for myself, if it's not bcos of preparing the final part of the ivf, i will most prob stay in my job. I think it is also good , since your job so stressful and your bosses make you go crazy. With your experience, i am sure you can find another job if you want to.

If you do resign, just take a good break first. what is best is that you can accomodate to your husband's wrk schedule. you will also feel more relax while trying to concieve.

seriously i also wont koe whether i can strike a not. But what to do...if our bodies is infertile also cant help it. Actually it's my husband who has been supportive. He is much more positive. He thinks we shld just try out as long as ther's a chance.

Well, i think that certain thgs we cant really foresee. Of cos, if we have all the money in the wrld will be the best. But to really prepare the money, how much is really enuf? I have a colleague who's wife had to be bedridden thruout her pregnancy as there was no water in her uterus. Subsequently, my colleague lost his job when the baby was born as the company was cutting cost. So I feel that no matter how, it is impossible to predict such situations. My colleague is really good, he is still staying strong for his newborn and family.

MMm, i dont know...just think that if we think too much then nothing will be done. And time waits for no man. I think Glen E is expensive. Maybe can also go to other hospital if the cost is not manageable. So lawla12, once you have decided, dont turn back already..just go and try for it! Since that time that I tendered, i already dont think about earning that maternity leave already. My hubby encourage me by saying that money can always be earn back later.

We must Jia You!!

kekekekeee.....yaaa, smtimes me anyhow tink tink tink, its giving myself unnecessary worries.......

if not for tat idiot boss, me oso wont resign yaaa...but life's really super tough if boss target at u.....confirm lose the battle.....

nvm laaa..smtimes maybe its a test...i lose smting, but maybe i gain smting...kekekekeee....

jia you yaaa...dun gif urself too much stress...

my hubby's frd too...they tried very very hard for 1year, but no results...the moment his wife resign, she was preggie....by then, its too late to find a job cos the chances r low tat company will employ preggie woman.....so she was jobless for abt 1year....

well..me still planning my resignation date...since its 3mths notice, i need to plan yaaa....moreover CNY is in Feb, job vacancy is oso off-peak....so i still haf time to tink tink abt my job....kekekekeee~

lawla12

Re: IVF docs

Anyone knows which doc has a higher success rate for IVF at the first go?

ermm...me not sure worr....

but my colleagu who went for IVF, she strike 1st round......she's seeing tat famous Chris Chen from Glen E....she told me tat her bro's wife oso went to see him n strike the 1st time....

but horrr, he's very very EXP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

babylemon

ya, i also hv the same thinking...aldy let go of my job. So hopefully, can gain smethg... Well, I think if no job later but preggy, it's still worth it. My hb cousin's wife just gave birth last mth. I been eating a lot of other ppl's red eggs aldy - 3 in a mth! When can i give ppl red eggs...? Somtimes i really feel v sian, hw cme we cannot just hv babies the normal way...?

If u are not in a hurry then plan ur resignation date carefully. Earn the max!

kekekekeee.....yaaa, smtimes me anyhow tink tink tink, its giving myself unnecessary worries.......

if not for that idiot boss, me also wont resign yaaa...but life's really super tough if boss target at you.....confirm lose the battle.....

nvm laaa..smtimes maybe its a test...i lose smting, but maybe i gain smting...kekekekeee....

jia you yaaa...dont give yourself too much stress...

my hubby's friend too...they tried very very hard for 1year, but no results...the moment his wife resign, she was preggie....by then, its too late to find a job cos the chances are low that company will employ preggie woman.....so she was jobless for about 1year....

well..me still planning my resignation date...since its 3mths notice, i need to plan yaaa....moreover CNY is in Feb, job vacancy is also off-peak....so i still have time to tink tink about my job....kekekekeee~

Oink

Hey Lawla!

Guess wat? Went through the SO-IUI & all those injections... but alas! It didn't happen... My period came on time & on schedule. :nah: Super sianz... so now taking a month break before trying for 2nd time. If still can't get preg thru IUI, then Dr suggest going thru IVF... AHhhhh! Dun even want to think abt that! Sigh...

Saw that you are resigning soon... take care & who knows? U will strike when u r less stress! Jia You! :Dancing_wub:

lawla12

Hey Lawla!

Guess what? Went through the SO-IUI & all those injections... but alas! It didn't happen... My period came on time & on schedule. :nah: Super sianz... so now taking a month break before trying for 2nd time. If still can't get preg thru IUI, then Dr suggest going thru IVF... AHhhhh! dont even want to think about that! Sigh...

Saw that you are resigning soon... take care & who knows? you will strike when you are less stress! Jia You! :Dancing_wub:
still tinking.....yst tio bomb again....

been looking at jobsdb etc, but cant find the jobscope tat i wan......

i still haf end of the mth to tink.........

my latest day to tender is 5th Jan cos 3mths notice will b 4th Apr which is a sunday...then got Gd Fri (public holiday).......so i gain tat holiday...kekekeee....if i tender, i must leave b4 year-end closing which is Apr yaaaaa.......

seems like these IUI , IVF stuffs are just another gimmick to suck our $$$$ !!!
sighzzz...its very common now.....we cant conceive through the "normal" ways, then haf to try IUI/IVF liaooo....

babylemon

Just gone back to TMC and now back to daily lurin injection. Once I finish the marvelon pills, will start on another pill to build up the lining liao. And of cos follow by scanning and monitoring. Think around mid Jan will be able to do the fet if everything goes smoothly. Oh, i just cant wait to see my embies again! I really hope baby tiger is waiting for me...! :wong19:

steamboat

Just gone back to Thomson Medical Center and now back to daily lurin injection. Once I finish the marvelon pills, will start on another pill to build up the lining . And of cos follow by scanning and monitoring. Think around mid Jan will be able to do the fet if everything goes smoothly. Oh, i just cant wait to see my embies again! I really hope baby tiger is waiting for me...! :wong19:

Hi Hi, Can I join?
I m on my stage 1 of IVF wif NUH...going for my scanning next week to c whether I can advance to stage 2 or not...
Wish me luck and good luck to the gals here...lets jia you together!

babylemon

Welcome! Welcome! I think TMC and NUH have different methods in the IVF. Do share your experience and also hope to hear your success story soon!
Gd luck!

Hi Hi, Can I join?
I m on my stage 1 of IVF with NUH...going for my scanning next week to c whether I can advance to stage 2 or not...
Wish me luck and good luck to the gals here...lets jia you together!