IVF

shiseru

some of my hubby friends went through this surgery (since according to the gynae this is normal lol):

1 of them, wife got pregnant 2 months after the surgery without hubby taking any vitamin/ injection.

1 of them, got to take vitamin after the surgery since wife did not ge pregnant 2 months after the surgery. after the surgery + vitamins, wife got pregnant

the other one, wife did not get pregnant 2 months after the surgery, got to take vitamin, no sign in the 3rd month, then hubby must have injection, finally got pregnant.

The gynae said this really depends on each individual person + the workload stress in the office..
Thanks for sharing, chelsy. Me and my hubby are married for 12 years, got oregnant in Apr 09, but lost my baby at 20 weeks coz baby was diagonsed with spina bifida. That was my first pregnancy and it was devastating but we had to end the pregnancy.

We are now TTC again, I am turning 36 next year, the clock is ticking, so I am giving ourselves 6 months and if no good news by next year Feb, we will go to see the gynae.

Please can you lemme know who your gynae is?

chelsy

Thanks for sharing, chelsy. Me and my hubby are married for 12 years, got oregnant in Apr 09, but lost my baby at 20 weeks coz baby was diagonsed with spina bifida. That was my first pregnancy and it was devastating but we had to end the pregnancy.

We are now trying to concieve again, I am turning 36 next year, the clock is ticking, so I am giving ourselves 6 months and if no good news by next year Feb, we will go to see the gynae.

Please can you lemme know who your gynae is?
Hi Shiseru,

Just PM u the gynae name... goodluck!

muffin lover

Hi Shiseru,

Just PM you the gynae name... goodluck!
Hi Chelsy....

Pls PM me the gynae contact too......
By the way, when u sae abt injection/vitamin that helps increase men's sperms count, what is it ah??? I wana help my DH!
haiz....

btw, congratz again!!!

catherine250676

Starting a new thread in this area. Feel that the info that I can find is not sufficient and not many ppl post this topic. Hope that this will encourage ppl to share their experiences and better still, their success stories... :wong19:
Really appreciate u guys gave me so much info on IVF :001_302:. I had 1 miscarriage and 2 termination of preg. (due to no fetal heart beat) for the past 3 years. Right now, my gynae is asking me to consider going for IVF. Not sure whether to go for that or not. Even decided to go for that, I'm not sure whether to go for Dr Yu Su Ling (SGH) or Dr Loh Seong Seei (KKH)? Any recommendation?

J

justforgags

Really appreciate you guys gave me so much info on IVF :001_302:. I had 1 miscarriage and 2 termination of preg. (due to no fetal heart beat) for the past 3 years. Right now, my gynae is asking me to consider going for IVF. Not sure whether to go for that or not. Even decided to go for that, I'm not sure whether to go for Dr Yu Su Ling (singapore general hospital) or Dr Loh Seong Seei (Kandang Kerbau Hospital)? Any recommendation?

Dr Yu Su Ling is one of the head gynae who is also specialize in IVF.. Good luck=)

lawla12

Probably you can use a OPK (ovulation predictor kit) to know which exact day you ovulate. Can be bought in pharmacy. After it shows a positive result, you should ML after 12 hours. And I believe should ML as many times as possible within another 12hr window period. (this instruction i got fm nurse)

My own belief is that this method will work unless there is some fertility prob from the male or female side. Alternatively, for a cheaper method, you can also plot your mense dates (preferbably for 3mths if you have irregular mense) in some fertility websites where it will predict your ovulation date base on estimation.

If I rem correctly, the gynae wont know whether you have eggs unless you do IVF bcos the eggs are really being retrieved. From my IVF experience, even though I had 30 over follicles, there were only 20 over eggs being retrieved, and not all eggs are fertilised. So I think egg and sperm quality plays a very impt role for miracle to happen. Unfortunately, this is something which nobody can control except nature.

yap yap....only through IVF, the gynae will know the quality of ur eggs, how many eggs u've etc....through IUI, they can only see the "forila" (aiyaaa, how to spell arrr)..........

Hi Babylemon,
I have been married for 10 years & currently preggie for 12 weeks :Dancing_wub:
I had tried IUI with no result, IVF with ectopic pregnancy, surgery to removed Pholyp in my uterus, my husband has went through small surgery to increase the sperm counts plus visited many gynae in KK, Mt.E, Glenleagles & TCMs! But all of my 10 years effort did not result to anything!!!
I am pregnant not because of IUI or IVF but because of the injection call "Superflex". its a kind of injection for preparation for IVF.
I got few friends pregnant from this injection but of course you still got to monitor your body temperature & ovulation period during the "superflex injection".
I can recommend the gynae that I am visiting now if you are keen. I visited him 9 years ago but because of the "ex $ fee" that we have paid 9 years ago (we only visited him once 9 years ago), we decided to change gynae, end up i have spent lots of money for the past 9 years with keep changing gynae.
I am visiting this gynae again & it works! I am preggie after the 1 week of "superflex injection"
Good luck!
Cheers,
Chels
chelsy,

i tink nothing is impossible for dr chen ya... but at the same time pray hard also :smile:

u all r refering to Chris Chen from Glen E ???????

my colleague oso had her IVF done by him.....her cousins too...all successful case yaaaaa.....they oso had operation to remove the friboids 1st....then followed by IUI...then if fail, it will b IVF........my colleague spent abt 55k (includes the operations20k n 2IUI-8k n IVF-25k)....she was telling me its better to set aside 60k juz in case ..........

he's really exp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

J

justforgags

you all are refering to Chris Chen from Glen E ???????

my colleague also had her IVF done by him.....her cousins too...all successful case yaaaaa.....they also had operation to remove the friboids 1st....then followed by IUI...then if fail, it will b IVF........my colleague spent about 55k (includes the operations20k n 2IUI-8k n IVF-25k)....she was telling me its better to set aside 60k just in case ..........

he's really exp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

yup!! reli want to consult him but too exp leh but its ok lor i'll save up while i now jz hv fun n let nature take its course=)

he's super good:red: i tink god gave him the extra ordinary hands:wong29:

lawla12

yup but not anytime soon but will sure consult him if time n money permits:Dancing_wub:

understand from my colleague tat u can visit him at nite too...his clinic open until super late...once my colleague's appt was at 11pm, she only manage to see him at 12midnite.....my colleague almost dose off.......

then she said Dr Chen oso work super early in the morn too.....9am.....

he's like superman, no need to zzzz deeeee....

often hear from my colleague tat he's customize those food which u cant eat during IUI/IVF etc...he's very delicated to his job n he always listening to ur problem,quries etc......my colleague who has been trying for 4years (went TCM, TMC, KK), she said Dr Chen is the best gynae she ever came across...she's full of praises for him yaaaa....

she oso encourage me to see him.....

but i'm worried abt $$$$$$$$$$$...he's really too exp.....oso heard alot tat he usually will suggest ops 1st b4 doing IUI/IVF for the best result....

J

justforgags

understand from my colleague that you can visit him at nite too...his clinic open until super late...once my colleague's appt was at 11pm, she only manage to see him at 12midnite.....my colleague almost dose off.......

then she said Dr Chen also work super early in the morn too.....9am.....

he's like superman, no need to zzzz deeeee....

often hear from my colleague that he's customize those food which you cant eat during IUI/IVF etc...he's very delicated to his job n he always listening to your problem,quries etc......my colleague who has been trying for 4years (went traditional chinese medicine, Thomson Medical Center, KK), she said Dr Chen is the best gynae she ever came across...she's full of praises for him yaaaa....

she also encourage me to see him.....

but i'm worried about $$$$$$$$$$$...he's really too exp.....also heard alot that he usually will suggest ops 1st before doing IUI/IVF for the best result....

i try to talk to dh bout visiting dr chen n the convo to him was extremely sensitive.. He told me tt he dun wanna talk bout tis anymore.. i understd the fear he's facing but again i hv to do research on my own n will only get treatment only if he's ready to open up again but while waiting for him to open up i cn save up as much as i can..

lawla12

i try to talk to dear husband bout visiting dr chen n the convo to him was extremely sensitive.. He told me that he dont wanna talk bout tis anymore.. i understd the fear he's facing but again i have to do research on my own n will only get treatment only if he's ready to open up again but while waiting for him to open up i cn save up as much as i can..

ya ya...guys r more sensitive towards such tings than gers.....but believe me, its a very common problem...there's no finger pointing (whose's fault) issue....both must work hand-in-hand yaaaa....of cos easier to say than do....

i know got pregnancy related documentary ...maybe u 2 watch together????

my woody oso, he horrrr, tot evytime :we2Randy-git:, means got chance lehhh...oso must do it during ovulation wadddd...aiyooo....he horrrrr--:nah::nah:

J

justforgags

ya ya...guys are more sensitive towards such tings than gers.....but believe me, its a very common problem...there's no finger pointing (whose's fault) issue....both must work hand-in-hand yaaaa....of cos easier to say than do....

i know got pregnancy related documentary ...maybe you 2 watch together????

my woody also, he horrrr, thought everytime :we2Randy-git:, means got chance lehhh...also must do it during ovulation wadddd...aiyooo....he horrrrr--:nah::nah:
hi lawla, wht r the pregnancy related documentary u hv?? =) rite now im very careful to my dh emotions.. i nvr n dun blame him for wht happens cz all tis things r god's work tt we hv to accept n i really really loves him for who he is:shyxxx:

babylemon

wow, nvr hear abt "superflex" before. But it's really gd to koe tat there are more ways to help ppl conceive. I've been feeling paranoid hearing my pregnant frens asking me whether I hv been trying. Sometimes I keep 'hearing' their voices. Maybe too emo these days due to high hormones now.

heard abt chris chen on the internet too. But i guess the charges are very high. So i think we should check out and ensure affordability first otherwise it is very taxing during any treatment. Even during my visits to tmc, i also get scared looking at the bills. (cld hv save all these money for children's education, sigh..)

babylemon

justforgags, i really admire ur courage. Do continue to stand by ur hb so that he can overcome tis fear. I believe tat he nds to face it correctly so tat the prob can be treated.

Anyway, it's true, even at tmc, i am surprise to see many couples with fertility probs. So it's impt tat we understd tat it is common among man n woman.

i try to talk to dear husband bout visiting dr chen n the convo to him was extremely sensitive.. He told me that he dont wanna talk bout tis anymore.. i understd the fear he's facing but again i have to do research on my own n will only get treatment only if he's ready to open up again but while waiting for him to open up i cn save up as much as i can..

J

justforgags

wow, never hear about "superflex" before. But it's really good to koe that there are more ways to help ppl conceive. I've been feeling paranoid hearing my pregnant friends asking me whether I have been trying. Sometimes I keep 'hearing' their voices. Maybe too emo these days due to high hormones now.

heard about chris chen on the internet too. But i guess the charges are very high. So i think we should check out and ensure affordability first otherwise it is very taxing during any treatment. Even during my visits to Thomson Medical Center, i also get scared looking at the bills. (cld have save all these money for children's education, sigh..)
justforgags, i really admire your courage. Do continue to stand by your husband so that he can overcome tis fear. I believe that he nds to face it correctly so that the prob can be treated.

Anyway, it's true, even at Thomson Medical Center, i am surprise to see many couples with fertility probs. So it's impt that we understd that it is common among man n woman.
Thx babylemon, i tink tt r wht married r for to support each other thru good times n bad times=) DH n i hving the same prob as u do, people ard us keep on PESTERING us to quickly get pregnant n wanting to c our baby=( but my hubby always answered "hopefully she's pregnant hor" but wen we got hm he told me he's disturbed by those words.. THESE questions r VERY frequent in our ears cz people knows tt we LOVE kids SO MUCH n wud entertain kids very well n cnt wait to c how we entertain ours=) the nx time i face tis question i will always answer "we're still young n wait to get a hse first then we'll plan for a baby" Haiyah, sometimes things like tis cn effect us maximum emotional break dwn:eek:10::eek:10::eek:10:

missixty

Thx babylemon, i tink that are wht married are for to support each other thru good times n bad times=) dear husband n i hving the same prob as you do, people around us keep on PESTERING us to quickly get pregnant n wanting to c our baby=( but my hubby always answered "hopefully she's pregnant " but wen we got hm he told me he's disturbed by those words.. THESE questions are VERY frequent in our ears cz people knows that we LOVE kids SO MUCH n wud entertain kids very well n cnt wait to c how we entertain ours=) the nx time i face tis question i will always answer "we're still young n wait to get a house first then we'll plan for a baby" Haiyah, sometimes things like tis cn effect us maximum emotional break dwn:eek:10::eek:10::eek:10:

hey all,
i am also in the same boat as all of you..

i have been married for years and not young anyone this year (in my 30s). I also hear friends, relatives, colleagues asking when want to have baby? must have baby early? waiting for what?
Sometimes, it's really, really frustrating to hear all these so frequently. and i do agree that all these affect us emotionally very much..

sometimes, i just wish that they can just "shut up" and understand but on the other hand, they are also trying to be caring and concern... but...........

anyway, let's jia you together and pray to have BB soon!!

J

justforgags

hey all,
i am also in the same boat as all of you..

i have been married for years and not young anyone this year (in my 30s). I also hear friends, relatives, colleagues asking when want to have baby? must have baby early? waiting for what?
Sometimes, it's really, really frustrating to hear all these so frequently. and i do agree that all these affect us emotionally very much..

sometimes, i just wish that they can just "shut up" and understand but on the other hand, they are also trying to be caring and concern... but...........

anyway, let's jia you together and pray to have baby soon!!
YEA!! lets jia you!! my new year resolutions is to gv DH extra extra extra attn:wong19::wong19: