kkh natural or c-sect cost details

Oojo

Hello mommies,

I plan to book natural birth package at kkh through TPS. If in case, have to go for emergency c-sect, then will they charge just the difference (usage of ward, medication etc) or will they add full c-sect cost on top of normal delivery package? A bit confused.. I do intend to ask them when I'm there in 2 weeks..

Your personal experiences and responses will be appreciated.. TIA!

Hello mommies,

I plan to book natural birth package at Kandang Kerbau Hospital through TPS. If in case, have to go for emergency c-sect, then will they charge just the difference (usage of ward, medication etc) or will they add full c-sect cost on top of normal delivery package? A bit confused.. I do intend to ask them when I'm there in 2 weeks..

Your personal experiences and responses will be appreciated.. TIA!
If I am not wrong, your package will be converted to the C-Sect one. However, you still have to pay the extras if you had used the facilities e.g. the delivery suite. Best is to ask at the financial couselling desk. You are also under De Wee? Let him know your concerns first. We were advised to check with the staff at the financial couselling because they have all the details and will be able to help you. They are located near the Birth Registration counter.

Oojo

Hi fishnchips... Thanks a lot for ur reply! Yes, I'm under dr. Wee .. I will ask him and financial counseling desk also this time when there.. Need to make booking ASAP as edd is 17th July..

Were u also with him? Natural or c-sect? Delivered already?

Hi fishnchips... Thanks a lot for your reply! Yes, I'm under dr. Wee .. I will ask him and financial counseling desk also this time when there.. Need to make booking ASAP as edd is 17th July..

Were you also with him? Natural or c-sect? Delivered already?
Yup, I am under Dr Wee. I just gave birth in March 2012. Natural birth.

Oojo

Congrats!! How's ur little one doing?

I'm hoping all goes well n give natural birth.. Which ward u chose? Premier package? Can tell how much they charged, breakdown etc, if any? Thanks so much!!

Congrats!! How's ur little one doing?

I'm hoping all goes well n give natural birth.. Which ward u chose? Premier package? Can tell how much they charged, breakdown etc, if any? Thanks so much!!
Little one is doing alright, very cranky sometimes. LOL!!I just sent you a pm, hope it helps.

Mine was an induced natural birth. It took so long that hubby kept asking if I should just go for C-Sect. But after delivery, we realised that there are others whose induced natural birth plan was so much longer. I guess as time goes by, Dr Wee should be able to advise the probability of natural or C-Sect. I was under Premier package. The ward is assigned according to the different packages.

Oojo

Yups, just saw ur pm n replied.. Thanks so much! Can't wait to see little one now as last month n so tired!

FirstTimeDad

Little one is doing alright, very cranky sometimes. LOL!!I just sent you a pm, hope it helps.

Mine was an induced natural birth. It took so long that hubby kept asking if I should just go for C-Sect. But after delivery, we realised that there are others whose induced natural birth plan was so much longer. I guess as time goes by, Dr Wee should be able to advise the probability of natural or C-Sect. I was under Premier package. The ward is assigned according to the different packages.
Hi fishnchips,

Care to share the KKH bill with me?
My wife EDD is 16 Jan 2013. I'm planning for Premier Package(Room A1) and would like to know how much cash I've to fork out.
Hooefully, it is not out of my budget.

Baby Kitty

Hi fishnchips,

Care to share the bill? Im due in end August and thinking of opting the Premier Package. Hopefully it is not out of my budget... thanks in advance

diza

Hi fishnchips,

Care to share the KKH bill with me?
My wife EDD is 16 Jan 2013. I'm planning for Premier Package(Room A1) and would like to know how much cash I've to fork out.
Hooefully, it is not out of my budget.
I'm under TPS and just asked Abt the deposit pymt the other day. For A1, deposit is about $2.6k. Used to be $2.1k in June. It totally didn't cross my mind to ask the officer y is the deposit higher than before. -_-" I'm putting my deposit at week 36. But most likely I will take B1. Deposit is abt $1.8k.

teriwinkle

I asked the officer yesterday, and her response was "you can't say we have increased, we are just revising our charges since it has all the while been under-charged". I'm planning to go ahead with B1 too but probably classic package since there is a difference of $500 between premier and classic.

I'm under TPS and just asked Abt the deposit pymt the other day. For A1, deposit is about $2.6k. Used to be $2.1k in June. It totally didn't cross my mind to ask the officer y is the deposit higher than before. -_-" I'm putting my deposit at week 36. But most likely I will take B1. Deposit is abt $1.8k.

diza

I asked the officer yesterday, and her response was "you can't say we have increased, we are just revising our charges since it has all the while been under-charged". I'm planning to go ahead with B1 too but probably classic package since there is a difference of $500 between premier and classic.
Under-charged??!!! TMC's down payment is only $2k for single bedded... East Shore is also cheaper than KK.. KK is a govt hospital but charge deposit so high.. And the govt wants us to have more babies... The IRONY!!

Baby Kitty

Hi teriwinkle,

Sorry for the late reply. Same like you, when I called, they advise that the deposit to be $2.6K. On the day of making payment, I pay $2,080.00 as the cash deposit.

teriwinkle

Oh wow, how is that so? You tooke A ward premier package?

Baby Kitty:691054 said:
Hi teriwinkle,

Sorry for the late reply. Same like you, when I called, they advise that the deposit to be $2.6K. On the day of making payment, I pay $2,080.00 as the cash deposit.

diza

I just paid my deposit last week.. Took A1 ward but classic only. Paid $2501. If premier it's $2600++. Seriously I donno what's the real difference. The lady at the counter told me my gynae will attend to me if I opt for any of the packages but for premier, after I'm sent to the ward, my gynae will come and check on me and the baby. Since my gynae will be gone by Oct, I took classic package. No point paying premier if I give birth end of Sept.

dFixa

I am under KKH TPS and plan to go for natural birth. I still considering either to deliver in KKH or change to another hospital if the price is unacceptable high for Premiere Package. How? My due date is on December.

teriwinkle

Yup, agree with you since our gynae is shifting to tmc! I'm gonna be taking the classic package too!

diza:691111 said:
I just paid my deposit last week.. Took A1 ward but classic only. Paid $2501. If premier it's $2600++. Seriously I donno what's the real difference. The lady at the counter told me my gynae will attend to me if I opt for any of the packages but for premier, after I'm sent to the ward, my gynae will come and check on me and the baby. Since my gynae will be gone by Oct, I took classic package. No point paying premier if I give birth end of Sept.

teriwinkle

You can check out on the packages offered by other hospitals for now and decide whether to switch. I'm not switching hospitals as I'm already comfortable with the environment at KKH and due early nov.

dFixa:691634 said:
I am under KKH TPS and plan to go for natural birth. I still considering either to deliver in KKH or change to another hospital if the price is unacceptable high for Premiere Package. How? My due date is on December.

valmommy

Urs is c sect or natural?

diza

Natural.. Anyway c-sect is Abt $200 more.. i just gave birth last week. Will share my bills with u all soon but I guess my bill is higher than average coz I used the labour ward more than 8 hours, took epidural, induce... And many more... :( My boy simply loves staying in my tummy. TBH, I am very satisfied with KK's cust service.. Although most nurses are not local, they are very dedicated, in fact better than the locals.