Labour Pain & Latest Tmc Charges. I Really Mean Latest Lyk May 2009.

MizfitMumma

Helo to all Mommies... 1st quest is, how does it feels like for labour pain or contractions?? I'm in my 37weeks & have been having a tightening feeling on my tummy. Sometimes it go for quite a period of time but sometimes it cums for about 15 minutes & go away... Is day labour contractions?? 2nd quest, what is TMC very latest bill size like especially for Mommies that gave birth on May 2009 & with Dr Lawrence Ang.. Please advice ASAP as I need to noe in details.... Thanx..

a.lin

Hihi,
Me too coming 37 weeks and with Dr lawrence ang. I'm keen to know the tmc bill size too. I understand from Dr ang that May and June medisave deduction rate is diff, he say that starting from June we will be able to deduct more medisave abt $500/$600 more so cash upfromt will be lesser as compare to delivering in may.

hi MizfitMumma & a.lin,

I gave birth on 1st May 09 at TMC.
Mine was induce natural birth w epidural on 29th.
So there was additional charges for the induce tablets (two) ard $300, 1 extra day charge of $195

Paid deposit for 4 bedded $800, upgraded to 2 bedded
(LUCKY! FULL. ard swine flu tat time)

At discharge,
Mummies bill : $1232 (after minus deposit, and minus medisave $2250 )
Baby bill : $225 (after minus medisave $637)

MizfitMumma

hi MizfitMumma & a.lin,

I gave birth on 1st May 09 at TMC.
Mine was induce natural birth w epidural on 29th.
So there was additional charges for the induce tablets (two) ard $300, 1 extra day charge of $195

Paid deposit for 4 bedded $800, upgraded to 2 bedded
(LUCKY! FULL. ard swine flu tat time)

At discharge,
Mummies bill : $1232 (after minus deposit, and minus medisave $2250 )
Baby bill : $225 (after minus medisave $637)
Hi Summeradeline, thanx for the valuable info. Out of curiousity, are you seeing Dr Ang oso?? Please reply... Sooo confuse with dis bill thingy.. I heard some ppl pay less, some need to top up & some even got cash back. Sigh...

MizfitMumma

Hihi,
Me too coming 37 weeks and with Dr lawrence ang. I'm keen to know the tmc bill size too. I understand from Dr ang that May and June medisave deduction rate is diff, he say that starting from June we will be able to deduct more medisave abt $500/$600 more so cash upfromt will be lesser as compare to delivering in may.
Oh really??? Cash upfront will be lesser? How much lesser? Now hospital deposit for 4 in a room is $800. Feel scared if not enuf. Lets say after discharge need to top up more & we dun have enuf cash, then how ar??? Can advice please??

Btw, when are you due a.lin???

stonston

If you take 4 bedder, natural without epi, u can expect to pay ard $1k in cash (if everything is smooth, no extra charges, etc).

My cousin only paid $600 (means got $200 cash back from deposit) because her gynae's professional fees are paid seperately, direct to the gynae's clinic. Which means she paid $600 for the hospital charges only. Some ppl's gynae's package comes with delivery charges already, so their hospital bill seems very small, but the actual amt of cash they paid to gynae is alot.

I've heard of a female gynae at TMC with her own clinic elsewhere charges $1600 cash for natural delivery. if want epi is top up $600 to the hospital. plus hospital charges, end up total cash payment will be around $2.5k?

a.lin

Oh really??? Cash upfront will be lesser? How much lesser? Now hospital deposit for 4 in a room is $800. Feel scared if not enuf. Lets say after discharge need to top up more & we dun have enuf cash, then how ar??? Can advice please??

Btw, when are you due a.lin???

Hi MizfitMumma,
I'm not sure how much lesser, but dr ang say that in June Medisave can deduct more so we don't have to pay so much cash as compare to May. If i'm not wrong he say difference is about $500/$600. My EDD is on 12 June. Maybe you can check with dr ang? Btw u delivering in TMC? I also not sure if not enough cash how.... maybe other mummies can advise us.

MizfitMumma

Hi MizfitMumma,
I'm not sure how much lesser, but dr ang say that in June Medisave can deduct more so we don't have to pay so much cash as compare to May. If i'm not wrong he say difference is about $500/$600. My EDD is on 12 June. Maybe you can check with dr ang? Btw u delivering in TMC? I also not sure if not enough cash how.... maybe other mummies can advise us.
Hi A.lin, thanx for your reply. I'm due 1 day before U but Dr Ang say maybe bb can cum earlier like end May but I duuno.. So far only on & off contractions, backache, my swollen hands & feet(got some other pain too) & nuthin else. No show no water bag burst. Sian of waiting..:nah: Are you seeing him in TMC or Sunplaza? Me seein him in TMC. Have appt wif him nxt Mon & on that day will be my 2nd time 2 check for dilation..

wawa

I just discharged from TMC on Wed night.
Normal delivery without epi but used the laughing gas and induced birth (using drip) after 12 hours of contractions without dilating much. :eek:11:

Mummy paid 929.05 cash while baby paid 768.30 including paediatric charges for a 4-bedded (but upgraded to 2-bedded).

As i need to top up cash, I had to pay it before discharge. They will require to see the receipt.

MizfitMumma

Normal delivery without epi but used the laughing gas and induced birth (using drip) after 12 hours of contractions without dilating much. :eek:11:

Mummy paid 929.05 cash while baby paid 768.30 including paediatric charges for a 4-bedded (but upgraded to 2-bedded).

As i need to top up cash, I had to pay it before discharge. They will require to see the receipt.
Hi Wawa.. R U seein Dr Ang oso?? Nvr deduct medisave?? How bout deposit? How much more U nid to top up on top of the deposit that U paid?? Please advice, thanx..

MizfitMumma

R you seeing Dr Ang oso???

chelle

I am with Lawernce Ang too, he also told me June medisave deduction is more.
But i am confused over the TMC bill also.
I think best is to bring your own disposable panties/pads etc so can reduce cost coz i read somewhere that all these small items are being charged to the bill if you request for it!

apollo

I am with Lawernce Ang too, he also told me June medisave deduction is more.
But i am confused over the TMC bill also.
I think best is to bring your own disposable panties/pads etc so can reduce cost coz i read somewhere that all these small items are being charged to the bill if you request for it!
actu my gynae's nurse also asked me to bring my own pads.. her reason is, we might not used to using the loop type.. also good la, dun n scare overuse... hehe

MomoMummy

Me too waiting for delivery and with lawrence ang. seeing hm on Monday.
Soooooo painful when he put his finger in to check for the cervix opening.
Last week got a lot of blood. Baby weighing 2.7kg, he say shud b 1 week more. So scared.

He did told me cos of swine flu, delivery in may (without epi) normal package after deduct medisave is $500-$600.

After June it will be $200 - $300.

apollo

hmm the additional medisave dedcuction is for all mummies or only for certain cases?? only for normal delivery or c-sect also hav??

MizfitMumma

Me too waiting for delivery and with lawrence ang. seeing hm on Monday.
Soooooo painful when he put his finger in to check for the cervix opening.
Last week got a lot of blood. Baby weighing 2.7kg, he say shud b 1 week more. So scared.

He did told me cos of swine flu, delivery in may (without epi) normal package after deduct medisave is $500-$600.

After June it will be $200 - $300.
Yah.. I did remember he mentioned sumtin lyk in June will be $200-$300 but didnt really pay attention on wat is that. Can I noe how many weeks are you & wen are you due?? I'll be seeing him next Mon, 25 May too. Maybe we'll meet each other there. At TMC rite??

a.lin

Hi A.lin, thanx for your reply. I'm due 1 day before U but Dr Ang say maybe bb can cum earlier like end May but I duuno.. So far only on & off contractions, backache, my swollen hands & feet(got some other pain too) & nuthin else. No show no water bag burst. Sian of waiting..:nah: Are you seeing him in TMC or Sunplaza? Me seein him in TMC. Have appt wif him nxt Mon & on that day will be my 2nd time 2 check for dilation..

Hi MizfitMumma,
Yes, i'm seeing him in TMC tmr. I usually can only see him on sat. Ya same as u tmr will be the 2nd time dr ang will check for dilation and its painful. Last week he check and say mine still very tight not so fast. Think maybe early june...i also experience on off pain duno isit contraction and sometimes will have menses cramp like feeling. Also recently I need to go visit toilet to clear my bowel very often like 2 - 3 times a day. Duno if its normal...

MizfitMumma

Hi MizfitMumma,
Yes, i'm seeing him in TMC tmr. I usually can only see him on sat. Ya same as u tmr will be the 2nd time dr ang will check for dilation and its painful. Last week he check and say mine still very tight not so fast. Think maybe early june...i also experience on off pain duno isit contraction and sometimes will have menses cramp like feeling. Also recently I need to go visit toilet to clear my bowel very often like 2 - 3 times a day. Duno if its normal...
Ooh.. so you'll be seeing him today?? So how izit? Any dilation yet?? Nxt Mon is 2nd time check for dilation. I scared if never dilate & hv to induce. Try to relax, breathe in & out slowly when he's checking for dilation. It can be very uncomfortable if U're not relaxed. I understand how you feel... NOwadays oso I will tend to clear bowel 2 to 3 times a day. I guess its normal as I heard that if we're close to labour, we tend to have diarrhoea, cleaning watever thats inside before we can push baby out. Imagine while wanting to push baby out, skali sumting else cum out!! hahahaha...kidding.. Sometimes, I get tired of waiting wen will I deliver..

Last edited:

a.lin

Ooh.. so you'll be seeing him today?? So how izit? Any dilation yet?? Nxt Mon is 2nd time check for dilation. I scared if never dilate & hv to induce. Try to relax, breathe in & out slowly when he's checking for dilation. It can be very uncomfortable if U're not relaxed. I understand how you feel... NOwadays oso I will tend to clear bowel 2 to 3 times a day. I guess its normal as I heard that if we're close to labour, we tend to have diarrhoea, cleaning watever thats inside before we can push baby out. Imagine while wanting to push baby out, skali sumting else cum out!! hahahaha...kidding.. Sometimes, I get tired of waiting wen will I deliver..
Just went for my checkup this morn, still the same not yet dilate. Like you i hope it will dilate soon... today's checking is extremely painful, and now i got bleeding after the check. I also looking forward to delivery but i think i will only deliver in June according to dr ang. Counting down to the day.......so sian.... Is this your first bb??