Maid Agency Reviews

watersnakebaby

People please don't approach A. Pratama Maid Agency at Bukit Timah Shopping Centre which is run by Desmond Phoon. Their services are really bad. If you have any issues with maids, they will side with the maids.

i just got one who is not capable of doing anything except eating ... in the end gave up hope on getting a refund or replacement... luckily my mum's friend was letting go of their helper so we took over... that was 2 years ago... last fri our new helper arrived. we got her from bt timah shopping centre .. we interviewed almost every transfer maid in that building before deciding on her... so far so good... no more indonesians for us as we want our children to be taken care by someone with good english... keeping our fingers crossed..

watersnakebaby

You have to make sure that the agency is not pro-maid too. so that if any issue, the agent will help you instead of the maid. here are a few helpful links.
Employing a maid in Singapore: My message to the Prime Minister
Employing a maid in Singapore: Singaporean employers face unfair policies

which agency did you got from bt timah shopping centre? i got mine from labour express. so far so good. the agent is chew yan. she is recommended to me by my god-sis.
I got from Great employment agency... Agent is wendy...

Wahjinsong

Hi , this is whereyou can find a good agency that followsall MOM regulations – A.PRATAMA Employment Agency in Bukit Timah ShoppingCentre.
My colleagues read aboutA.PRATAMA from the following comments posted by employer, Dianneingrid in Nov 2011 from Kiasu Parent forum whereby

DianneIngrid said :
" I have tried afew agencies over the last few years and my 2 cents worth " :

A.Pratama....... tel#62976913. Finally an agency that I'm happy with. They might not suitall thoughas they do believe in maid rights :eek:) But the conditions are what I can workwith. They only have ex-SIN maids. Their agency fee is also quite resonable(about 4-5mths of the maids salary) as they don't believe in charging the girlstoo much. Maids that come in have off days and most have hp but are ok withrequests that they keep it to off hours. If you have a problem, they arewilling to help you solve it. They do have mis-matches at times but they arewilling to sit down with both you and the maid to talk about the problem andhelp work it out to a win-win situation. Their bio-datas are quite limited butfrom what I can see, most are pretty good and their salary is not too higheither, about $450 + 1 off day for an experienced maid which I thought wasquite ok considering what some other agencies are quoting for theirinexperience maids. They are also the 1st agency that actually sat down with meand went thru the whole set of documents that I was signing point by point. Therest just pointed to here, here and here and gave you the dox to go home andread. So I can safely say that I'd definately be using them again for all myand my extended families' future maid needs. "
So , my colleague’s familieswent to A.PRATAMA to employ Indonesian maids .They were surprised that the feeswere reasonable, maid load was only about 2.5 months & their services very good. Theyintroduced to their neighbors and relatives. All of them said that the owners -Desmond Phoon & Susan Phoon arevery professional, documentations systematic& did everything law-by-law. They are very fair to both employer & maidand they repatriate "Bad maids with proven repeated irresponsible& badattitude" without transfer & still give employers a free replacement.My families then employed Myanmar maids with loan of only one month's salarydeduction. That's why this agency hardlyhas any transfer maids. Strongly recommended to employ maids from them . BUT Alltheir maids are ex-Singapore, you MUST be prepared to give off-days beforemaking appointment to meet them. There is also very good ratings about this agency in dynamum.blogspot.com- Confessions of a Mumzilla: Our maid agency-A.PRATAMA .

watersnakebaby

Lol THEY ARE A SCAM!!!

Hi , this is whereyou can find a good agency that followsall MOM regulations – A.PRATAMA Employment Agency in Bukit Timah ShoppingCentre.
My colleagues read aboutA.PRATAMA from the following comments posted by employer, Dianneingrid in Nov 2011 from Kiasu Parent forum whereby

DianneIngrid said :
" I have tried afew agencies over the last few years and my 2 cents worth " :

A.Pratama....... tel#62976913. Finally an agency that I'm happy with. They might not suitall thoughas they do believe in maid rights :eek:) But the conditions are what I can workwith. They only have ex-SIN maids. Their agency fee is also quite resonable(about 4-5mths of the maids salary) as they don't believe in charging the girlstoo much. Maids that come in have off days and most have hp but are ok withrequests that they keep it to off hours. If you have a problem, they arewilling to help you solve it. They do have mis-matches at times but they arewilling to sit down with both you and the maid to talk about the problem andhelp work it out to a win-win situation. Their bio-datas are quite limited butfrom what I can see, most are pretty good and their salary is not too higheither, about $450 + 1 off day for an experienced maid which I thought wasquite ok considering what some other agencies are quoting for theirinexperience maids. They are also the 1st agency that actually sat down with meand went thru the whole set of documents that I was signing point by point. Therest just pointed to here, here and here and gave you the dox to go home andread. So I can safely say that I'd definately be using them again for all myand my extended families' future maid needs. "
So , my colleague’s familieswent to A.PRATAMA to employ Indonesian maids .They were surprised that the feeswere reasonable, maid load was only about 2.5 months & their services very good. Theyintroduced to their neighbors and relatives. All of them said that the owners -Desmond Phoon & Susan Phoon arevery professional, documentations systematic& did everything law-by-law. They are very fair to both employer & maidand they repatriate "Bad maids with proven repeated irresponsible& badattitude" without transfer & still give employers a free replacement.My families then employed Myanmar maids with loan of only one month's salarydeduction. That's why this agency hardlyhas any transfer maids. Strongly recommended to employ maids from them . BUT Alltheir maids are ex-Singapore, you MUST be prepared to give off-days beforemaking appointment to meet them. There is also very good ratings about this agency in dynamum.blogspot.com- Confessions of a Mumzilla: Our maid agency-A.PRATAMA .

cywy

i almost took a maid from Great Employment, because of their charging fees of 24months that hesitate me for this tied up.. in case we have to change maid, the money cannot be refunded, quite a risk to take.. i also interviewed every single angencies in bkt timah shopping centre, shortlisted 3 but none of them being employed, sigh

anyone has transfer maid to recommend?

i almost took a maid from Great Employment, because of their charging fees of 24months that hesitate me for this tied up.. in case we have to change maid, the money cannot be refunded, quite a risk to take.. i also interviewed every single angencies in bkt timah shopping centre, shortlisted 3 but none of them being employed, sigh

anyone has transfer maid to recommend?
Can't be refunded? hmmm... the agent told us that it can be refunded...

Anniston

My recommendation is Eelit Placement Agency. The agent who served me is Sherly. I find her to be very trustworthy and she provided very good service. Both my brothers also hired their maids thru her. Recommended to a few of my friends and they are all happy with her service also. :)

mfo222

My recommendation is Eelit Placement Agency. The agent who served me is Sherly. I find her to be very trustworthy and she provided very good service. Both my brothers also hired their maids thru her. Recommended to a few of my friends and they are all happy with her service also. :)
Most of the Agencies are only interested in making money. Sometimes the staff they hire are not able to comprehend what you are really looking for..I have called a few places and ask for biodatas, they email me so many biodatas, in almost all biodatas, its the same thing, can clean,can look after kids, can cook steam fish.. best of all this Agencies just rely on biodatas from abroad..they dont call and talk to the maids.. Finally I called Raffles Employment, googled and came across them..:001_302: Well I did feel much better, I spoke to the owner herself, she handpicks the maid from regular visits to PHP and Indonesia ,and when I wanted biodatas,she emailed me just a few selected ones.. i called her after that to talk about the individual profiles and I finally chose a maid I was comfortable with yesterday ..so lets see my maid will be coming in a few days as her Indons are quite fast.

There are testimonials from happy clients on their website : )

Anniston

Most of the Agencies are only interested in making money. Sometimes the staff they hire are not able to comprehend what you are really looking for..I have called a few places and ask for biodatas, they email me so many biodatas, in almost all biodatas, its the same thing, can clean,can look after kids, can cook steam fish.. best of all this Agencies just rely on biodatas from abroad..they dont call and talk to the maids.. Finally I called Raffles Employment, googled and came across them..:001_302: Well I did feel much better, I spoke to the owner herself, she handpicks the maid from regular visits to PHP and Indonesia ,and when I wanted biodatas,she emailed me just a few selected ones.. i called her after that to talk about the individual profiles and I finally chose a maid I was comfortable with yesterday ..so lets see my maid will be coming in a few days as her Indons are quite fast.

There are testimonials from happy clients on their website : )
I suppose the best is still personal experience and sometimes with a little bit of luck. My ex-agent also got many testimonials, but turn out very poor service. Anyway, all the best to your new hiring! :)

lmnbb

Hi all,
I'm new here. Now tt I'm worried after reading so much of maid's issue. I've just made my payment to 1st AllBest human resource maid agency. Does any mummies have any experiences with them? Thanks

rain_drop

Hi all,
I'm new here. Now tt I'm worried after reading so much of maid's issue. I've just made my payment to 1st AllBest human resource maid agency. Does any mummies have any experiences with them? Thanks
Hi Imnbb,

Bad Maid Agencies to Avoid (Page 6) | KiasuParents

you may want to go through this link which shares about bad maid agencies. I am also looking for a reliable agency to hire a new maid. Hopefully your's will work, just keep your fingers crossed :)

Anniston

Hi Imnbb,

Bad Maid Agencies to Avoid (Page 6) | KiasuParents

you may want to go through this link which shares about bad maid agencies. I am also looking for a reliable agency to hire a new maid. Hopefully your's will work, just keep your fingers crossed :)
Hello rain drop, you can try calling my agent - Sherly (82227346) from Eelit Placement Agency. My siblings and myself got our maids from her. Current maid with me for almost 6 months, occasionally when i called her to help address certain issues with my maid, she still respond. Referred her to few of my friends and all very happy with her service also. Good luck! :)

rain_drop

Hello rain drop, you can try calling my agent - Sherly (82227346) from Eelit Placement Agency. My siblings and myself got our maids from her. Current maid with me for almost 6 months, occasionally when i called her to help address certain issues with my maid, she still respond. Referred her to few of my friends and all very happy with her service also. Good luck! :)
I will do that. Thank you for so much for the info ;)

mrs a lee

As a working mother, having a good maid is equivalent to having an extra pair of hands. I am a working mother with 2 school going kids. After completing 2 contracts and moving on to the 3rd, my maid started giving me problems. She started showing very bad attitude, often retaliating, throwing tantrum and scolding the kids, especially after she had a Bangla boyfriend. I was very determine to get rid of her but not until I find myself another good maid.
I’ve heard of Nora’s (Yue Liang Maid Agency) good reputation and decided to make an appointment to see her. She is located at Katong Shopping Centre which is pretty far from where I live. The first impression is that her office is simple, no frills with no maids sitting around unlike other agencies. I told Nora about my requirement, working parents with 2 school going kids, most of the time, the maid is alone at home or with kids when they are back from school. Nora showed me folders of biodatas of her maids. Surprisingly she told me she can’t be sure if any will fit my requirement. I was wondering if she was even interested to do a sale! She told me she will be going to Jakarta personally to meet the maids in 2 weeks time and ask if I can wait. I decided to wait.
After 2 weeks, Nora came back and told me there was no suitable maid for me. This time I was very disappointed and begin to doubt her ability. She told me I could look for another agent if I’m in a hurry as she needed more time to look for a suitable maid. Somehow I decided to stuck on with her. I do keep in contact with her for updates every now and then.
6 weeks later, she finally called me to tell me she found me a suitable maid! I decided to trust her instinct and go for her recommendation. My current maid is from Myammar. So far, she has met my expectations and I’m very happy.
Looking back, I am glad to have stuck on to my decision to put on trust on Nora although I must admit, I did waver somewhat when she failed to deliver initially. I have heard so many horror stories from my friends on the quality of maids in Singapore these days. All the good maids have left to work in HK and Taiwan as they get paid higher as these countries do not have to pay levy. In Singapore, although employers pay more overall (salary + levy), we get the worst quality maids due to our uncompetitive salary (excluding levy). Good quality maids are so hard to come by these days and I am truly appreciative of Nora for her commitment and effort.
My previous maid wasn’t easy to handle and she started to create a big commotion after she knew she was leaving. Nora arrange for her runner to handle this and everything was handled very well. He even took a picture of my previous maid clearing the customs.
The most unbelievable thing is that Nora charges 50% below market rate but she gives 100% above market service!
Finally when I ask her how come there are no maids sitting around her office. Her answer to me is that with her, very few employers change their maids…..now I finally know the reason!
Nora’s contact no. is 91561699

Angewong

This agent is run by husband n wife,no advertistment fee so either low agency fee or some bios 0 agency fee.So far her maids dont't give me problem ,can handle baby/kids after I train them,do house work,do cooking etc.My present maid will be finishing her contract in 5mths time,will be getting another maid from her anytime.
Hi there, can I have this agency contact pls?

darthpoon

Do not engage Loyal Employment Hub at all cost. My replacement pinoy maid runs away to the embassy. She accuse us of beating her. In fact, we been treating her so well, like a family member. The agency sided with her and keep saying we need to forfeit the replacement loan money, plus giving her extra money on top of repatriate cost or else they will report to police. Prove that agencies are money suckers. Since we are innocent with nothing to fear, we decide to go for small case tribunal. Hopefully, we can win the case and get back our money. What I am trying to say is that we must not give in to these unscrupulous agency. Do not feel fear when they start threatening you with false accusation, stand up and show them to the door. I will go to MP to report the case. My aim was to have a common contract draft by the government that is a usable on all maid agency. And this contract should benefit both the employers and the maid. One of the most important rule is that any maid who breech the contract at their own account, that is not the fault of the employers, are to pay their own repatriate cost.

Anyway, if anyone had any bad experience with Loyal Employment Hub, do send me your story, I might need that for court evidence. thanks

mfo222

Hi I took my maid from small agency ,better than going to places like Nation, Crislo, whats the point in having gone to the big name agency and they give rubbish maids, and they are not there to listen to you when maid give problem.. i previously took from Nation paid almost 1288 just in agency fees.. now i paid 988
and i got better service. My agent also always sms me to ask everything ok or not.