Maids-The New Age of Slavery

LoVeS

I've had good and bad experiences with maids.. I think at the end of the day, it's how we treat each other? :)
actually i believe alot of ppl do believe in How we treat one another but there are still many cases whereby employers treat their maids very well yet the maid climb on top of the employers~

For me, as a 1st time engaging a maid, i gif her the benefit of doubt n trust tat she would be nice to me if i am nice to her n putting myself in her shoes.

I will always ask frm feedback frm her, hoping to knw if the workload for her in our household is too much frm her n would really hope she is happy working here so tat her working performance will be gd too.

I really cross my fingers n hope tat things will juz remain as it is like now~ I hope to treat her well n appreciate alot the gd work she put in ~ In return i will try my best to let her be happy working in the household because EVEN i myself aso hope tat my own boss will appreciate the hard work tat i done for him/her so i guess it is juz the same feeling for the maid as well.

LoVeS

i'm more puzzled how some agencies can ignore and show total disrespect for a maid's religious obligations. I met a maid who worked for my sister 7 years ago, Teri, on Hari Raya day. She came to visit us. She's working for another family now. She said based on her observations, many of her indonesian Muslim friends who are maids, are told to cook pork, take care of dogs, not allowed to fast during ramadhan, etc. She said some agencies forced them to agree to such jobs or else they wouldn't get an employer here. So logically most maids would agree to do them. Teri herself now, have to handle pork on an everyday basis. She thought if she used gloves, her skin willnot come in contact with the meat and she could still carry on with cooking pork for her employer but her employer screamed at her for doing so.

Evil agencies. Can't they get a non-muslim FDW to do such jobs, eg workers from Philippines, Myanmar, Sri Lanka?
wah those agencies are really too much~ Religion wise is very important to sum individuals so how can agencies use such way to force those maids to agree. Tat is so bad lor~

LoVeS

I have seen cases where maid being abuse and the maid is the abuser. I have seen many maids in my neighbourhood area sitting on man laps when their employer not around.

There is alway 2 side of a coin, you only said 1. Everyone is different, not every woman love to be a stay at home mum but that doesnt mean they not good mothers.

Of cos I dont agree with children being 100% taken care by maid and the parents are totally not involved.

I know many working mothers juggle btwn home, child, husband and work. This is not any easy task. They just want more $$ for a better quality of life for their family.

My close family's friend has a very bad experience with maid. The maid dump the baby down the rubbish chute and baby didnt survived..... The maid then committed sucide. The family didnt ill treat the maid, but well guess the maid couldnt handle the stress of taking care of a baby. Becos of her, they lost their first child. Even she die, the baby doesnt come back anymore.

Personally, I dont like the idea of maid. I grew up with my mom around, although we were very poor but I did enjoy my mom's companion during childhood time.

To each his own on maid issues. If everyone can treat each other well, then its alway happy ending. But one side come up with problem, then its hell lots of story.
Yes i agreed wif u there is always 2 side of a coin.

Yes stress lvl can be a factor even though there is no abuse involved~ Sum ppl can take certain lvl of stress while sum can take higher n tat same goes as sum maid tink tat taking care of baby are easy while sum prefer taking care of toddlers or elderly n tats where the stress differences come.

I always ask my maid if she is resting enuff since she has to take care of my baby ger during midnite if she cries BUT of coz on another hand i haf to let her slp or rest during the daytime IF nt when 1 person is too exhausted they can feel too stressed up n even bcome crazy juz like the case tika mentioned abt throw baby to rubbish chute n commit suicide tat maid.

LoVeS

Why not participate, get involve before you give any comment.
How can you ensure that you have seen the full pic when you are always standing FAR FAR FAR.....away and SEE,SEE,LOOK,LOOK only. Try to put yourself in others shoe. Imagine we (employer) have to stay with a total stranger for 24hr 365days. We have to bear with our employer during working hours and put up with maid when we get home. In fear that they will ill-treat the kids/elderly when we are not at home. Who would wants a total stranger if there is a choice.:nah:
This is wat i been trying to say as the words in bold above. We can nv see the full pic or knw the actual story bcoz we r nt 24/7 beside those pics tat we see SO there is no way we can really be sure WAT we see is the fact or nt~

Last edited:

LoVeS

I think I am just doing what is right, and in a way, following in my mum's footsteps as she has always treated her maids well. I have heard of people who count the number of biscuits they have left,so as to check whether the maid have eaten their biscuits. I find these people unbelievable. For someone having to do so many chores in the house, what is the problem of letting them having free reign over the food?

My first maid, despite her monthly wage of $330, would always buy yakult for my kids out of her own pocket to dote on them on her sundays off even tho i have told her not to...the maids who followed also doted on my kids with little gifts of food and sometimes even clothing..this is an example of the genorisity and goodheartedness maids can demonstrate despite their little income, surely we as employers earning so many times more should not be so calculative over things such as food?

Having said that, I am also wary of horror stories of dishonest ,cruel or insane maids..i guess it is good luck that i have had good maids so far and i hope my good luck dont't end
Very true it boils down to gd luck for both the maid n the employer themselves. Gd maid can encounter nasty employers while nice employers can encounter horrible maid too~

Lets hope all gd maids will encounter gd employers so tat there wont be any abuse frm both sides :tlaugh:

jasobias

Very true it boils down to good luck for both the maid n the employer themselves. good maid can encounter nasty employers while nice employers can encounter horrible maid too~

Lets hope all good maids will encounter good employers so that there wont be any abuse frm both sides :tlaugh:
yup definately agree with u

LoVeS

it takes more than just good luck to get good maids all the time. plus, i'm sure your good maids have flaws just like all of us. but good on you if you let those flaws slide, because you know they are human afterall.
ya if the flaws are nt very major probs then employers should juz close 1 eye. Like example, my maid is kinda slow in terms of doing her work BUT to me as long as by the end of the day she finish her work n she get to rest enuff so i wont really care if she is slow or nt~

Although she is my 1st maid but i wont xpect alot of things frm her like how others will set a time for my maid to wake up. I wont mind my maid waking up at 8 or 9 am if my baby ger keep waking up in the midnite bcoz how can the maid rest enuff if i make it a point tat no matter wat she muz wake up at 6 or 7 am?

I knw how it feel like lor bcoz i take care of my son who always dun slp during the midnite till dawn(6-7am) tat end up i dun get enuff slp yet my mil still always xpect me to wake up at 10am~

Sumore my maid is same age as me so when she calls me mdm, actually i feel really paiseh n sumhow i kinda pity her for working so far away frm hm. I asked her if she miss her home but she say not really bcoz if she do, she cant do her work well enuff. *sigh* so pitiful :embarrassed:

Sum ppl dun like maids tat r slow in doing their work so to them it is a bad maid but i guess one man's meat is another man's poison?

LoVeS

hmmm, i do agree that some employers do think their maids are supermaids.
i have come across some that are slinging one baby, carrying diaper bag, n tryin to chase the young toddler, while the parents are empty handed shopping arnd.
n some even request a no off day for maids, wake at 5 am (if wake at 530 am then complain she woke up late), n sleep at 11 plus 12 am.
i think, its pure torture to the mind n body.
i mean, there are mean emlpoyers who think they hold a reign on their maids, cos they are paying them (a pathetic sum of money).

BUT, of cos i know of maids that are dishonest.
my gf's dad owns a maid agency so she have maids living in her house. they always use her shampoo n soap finish they wont say anything, also use her sanitary pads n never inform her too. n also some other stuffs.she find out cos some of the maids will inform her.
of cos, it is not right for them to be dishonest at work. but, one thing we need to ponder, are we ourselves 101% honest?
at work, do we print our own stuffs using coy printer n ink, take some of the coy's stationary, use coy telephone to make personal calls, etc.
we do too right???? its human nature.

JUST TO SHARE. my mum, she was a stay at home mum who looked after me n my sisters til my younger sis reach sec sch, so she was a stay at home mum for almost 20 years.
she did all hsewrk by herself, with no help (not even from us), including, cooking 3meals a day, mopping n sweeping the floor everyday(i live in a 5 room flat last time), washing clothes (my mum used to handwash only after she worked then use washing machine).
after she came out to work (working hours from morning 830am she leaves the house, earliest 6 plus pm reach home, latest can be 9 plus pm then reach home) she stil does the hsewrk all by herself.
occasionally my dad will help her sweep/mop the floor.
so it is not impossible to do w/o a maid, SOME ppl, might be just lazy to do it (i admit, like me!) or perhaps have been in a comfort zone for too long.(again, like me!)
ting, it is impossible to do w/o a maid to sum ppl, like eg ppl like me who is a sahm n i knw many ppl tinks i am lazy or even tink i am useless BUT i tink how the children behave is very important as well. I am nt sure how u n ur sis behave BUT we haf to admit tat nowadays kids are very diff from the past like us when we are kids, we haf to admit on tis part, rite?

I ever i asked my mom b4 is it hard taking care my elder sis n me? She say yes it is but she eventually can manage it so i asked her "are we as notti as my son is?" she say no~ I asked her again, if she is as young as me now n were to be in my shoes, can she cope it? She say she cant bcoz my son is way too hyperactive n also totally out of control bcoz of my pil pamper my son until like a spoilt brat n refuse to let my hubby n me discipline him.

I asked my mom those qns not bcoz she is 1 of those ppl who tink tat i am lazy BUT rather alot of ppl haf diff stories in their own home. Unless we are really in the same situation wif the same ppl or kids then we will knw if is really possible or nt~ Both side of the grandparents nt willing to help out n kids behaving like tat~ I admit i am not a gd mother tat i cant take care of both of my kids by myself but i haf to say tat i really done my very best at least. :embarrassed:

jasobias

oooh u r a stay home mum.Me too..mother of 3 kids at tht!No help fr wht so ever except my kids n hubby.N my kids r terrors.Thts more reason i dont want a maid.I wanted kids n so they r my responsibility.Be there gd or naughty,sick or not.N if i as a mother cant stand their behaviour i think an outsider wld have more reason to inflict hurt on them if she is unable to tolerate it.
If i can do it i think most pple shld be able to manage.I am often in poor health n on constant meds but still i dont want help.Its also a question of affordability.N also i dont think i can stand the idea of having to "subordinate" someone.To have someone do household chores tht can be pitched in by all members of the family.Just agst wht i believ.Idea of someone who comes n help with cooking n ironing on a part time basis wld be great though but then i think it wld be just an extra expense.Also doing housework together n helping mantain the house is great family bonding.Thts wht lacking these days also..family bonding.
N i dont want my kids to grow my lazy.I want them to be like their dad who can cook,clean n yes even sew!There was an article in the papers some time back abt the lackluster attitude of kids towards housework n the strong dependence on maids.

LoVeS

oooh you are a stay home mum.Me too..mother of 3 kids at tht!No help fr wht so ever except my kids n hubby.N my kids are terrors.Thts more reason i dont want a maid.I wanted kids n so they are my responsibility.Be there good or naughty,sick or not.N if i as a mother cant stand their behaviour i think an outsider wld have more reason to inflict hurt on them if she is unable to tolerate it.
If i can do it i think most pple shld be able to manage.I am often in poor health n on constant meds but still i dont want help.Its also a question of affordability.N also i dont think i can stand the idea of having to "subordinate" someone.To have someone do household chores tht can be pitched in by all members of the family.Just agst wht i believ.Idea of someone who comes n help with cooking n ironing on a part time basis wld be great though but then i think it wld be just an extra expense.Also doing housework together n helping mantain the house is great family bonding.Thts wht lacking these days also..family bonding.
N i dont want my kids to grow my lazy.I want them to be like their dad who can cook,clean n yes even sew!There was an article in the papers some time back about the lackluster attitude of kids towards housework n the strong dependence on maids.
gd tat ur hubby can help tiny bit but for me, my hubby is a navy regular so very often he is away frm hm sailing~ It gd to haf family help pitch in to help even for houseworks but nt all ppl will do it. I dun xpect my son to help me even though he is 2.5yrs old but as long as he dun gif me more trouble i can tks god alrdy~

All i need the maid to do is handle my baby ger, as for my TERRORIST son, i will handle him myself~

Like i mentioned Jia Jia You Ben Nan Nian De Jin~

jasobias

good that your hubby can help tiny bit but for me, my hubby is a navy regular so very often he is away frm hm sailing~ It good to have family help pitch in to help even for houseworks but not all ppl will do it. I dont xpect my son to help me even though he is 2.5yrs old but as long as he dont give me more trouble i can thanks god alrdy~

All i need the maid to do is handle my baby ger, as for my TERRORIST son, i will handle him myself~

Like i mentioned Jia Jia You Ben Nan Nian Jin~
wahahah.ur son can join mine lah.
I started my kids on simple tasks when they were abt 2.Pick up stuff throw in laundry basket.Give little cloths can wipe surface of things.Now at 5 n 7 yr of old they r incharge of vaccuming,doing their own dishes, fold laundry..n they always help out with their sister.Wash her bottle once in a while,help ready stuff for her bath..things like tht.Train them fr young.They r also naughty..but thts expected i guess..in all kids..they r loud really active..etc.My mom was agst it at first saying tht i am "slaving" my kids.My answer to her was"they r my kids n i will raise them the way i think proper..n their wives will probably thank me in the future".hahha
Coz my bro younger one lah..my parents spoiled him coz they wld say..ooh son cant do this no need help n all tht..!No wonder our generation most men r quite useless ard the house..but i am hell bent in not joining this vicious cycle.My boys will learn to do everything so tht they can be independent.

LoVeS

wahahah.your son can join mine .
I started my kids on simple tasks when they were about 2.Pick up stuff throw in laundry basket.Give little cloths can wipe surface of things.Now at 5 n 7 your of old they are incharge of vaccuming,doing their own dishes, fold laundry..n they always help out with their sister.Wash her bottle once in a while,help ready stuff for her bath..things like tht.Train them fr young.They are also naughty..but thts expected i guess..in all kids..they are loud really active..etc.My mom was agst it at first saying tht i am "slaving" my kids.My answer to her was"they are my kids n i will raise them the way i think proper..n their wives will probably thank me in the future".hahha
Coz my bro younger one ..my parents spoiled him coz they wld say..ooh son cant do this no need help n all tht..!No wonder our generation most men are quite useless around the house..but i am hell bent in not joining this vicious cycle.My boys will learn to do everything so tht they can be independent.
my son is totally spoilt by my pils~ so it kinda hard to train him n if i do so, my pils tinks i abuse him~ :embarrassed:

I just wanna say the world is round. What goes around comes around or vice versa. Its all human nature after all whther good or bad. My mum always tell me, you give peanuts, you get monkeys.

By the way, each and everyone have their own fair share of opinions and views. Don't have to take things personally, this is a forum to share things generally, who will be so free to point fingers at anyone 'personally'?

Ting

wahahah.your son can join mine .
I started my kids on simple tasks when they were about 2.Pick up stuff throw in laundry basket.Give little cloths can wipe surface of things.Now at 5 n 7 your of old they are incharge of vaccuming,doing their own dishes, fold laundry..n they always help out with their sister.Wash her bottle once in a while,help ready stuff for her bath..things like tht.Train them fr young.They are also naughty..but thts expected i guess..in all kids..they are loud really active..etc.My mom was agst it at first saying tht i am "slaving" my kids.My answer to her was"they are my kids n i will raise them the way i think proper..n their wives will probably thank me in the future".hahha
Coz my bro younger one ..my parents spoiled him coz they wld say..ooh son cant do this no need help n all tht..!No wonder our generation most men are quite useless around the house..but i am hell bent in not joining this vicious cycle.My boys will learn to do everything so tht they can be independent.

same!
tts what i train pin to do too. simple tasks like putting her soiled clothes in the laundry basket, throw her thrash in the bin, put her cups n bowls in the sink, use the kitchen cloth to clean the floor when she spills water n of cos, picking up her toys after playing.

but she likes to kaypoh alot!
she always help my mum "fold" clothes. haha, though its not neat, but she makes the effort. when she sees my mum mopping the floor, she will take the mop(the magic clean one) n start "mopping"!

Ting

ting, it is impossible to do w/o a maid to sum ppl, like eg ppl like me who is a stay at home mum n i knw many ppl tinks i am lazy or even tink i am useless BUT i tink how the children behave is very important as well. I am not sure how you n your sis behave BUT we have to admit that nowadays kids are very diff from the past like us when we are kids, we have to admit on tis part, rite?

I ever i asked my mom before is it hard taking care my elder sis n me? She say yes it is but she eventually can manage it so i asked her "are we as notti as my son is?" she say no~ I asked her again, if she is as young as me now n were to be in my shoes, can she cope it? She say she cant bcoz my son is way too hyperactive n also totally out of control bcoz of my parent in law pamper my son until like a spoilt brat n refuse to let my hubby n me discipline him.

I asked my mom those qns not bcoz she is 1 of those ppl who tink that i am lazy BUT rather alot of ppl have diff stories in their own home. Unless we are really in the same situation with the same ppl or kids then we will knw if is really possible or not~ Both side of the grandparents not willing to help out n kids behaving like that~ I admit i am not a good mother that i cant take care of both of my kids by myself but i have to say that i really done my very best at least. :embarrassed:

hmmm, for my sisters, i think they r still ok. but my mum said im the one who cried n fuss alot.
btu of cos, not as active as my lil pin.
oh, n i rmb when i was abt 8 my mum also helped babysit her fren's kid. from morning til night for abt 3 yrs.

i agree with u, tt of cos, unless we r in the exact situation, we will not know the trouble, but im just sharing tt, it is still not impossible to live w/o a maid.

S

str@wb3rry's

I think most of the cases whereby the maids attack their charge or employers are mentally not sound n not the employers who push them to the brink.

However Jasobias if you have a maid, i think you wouldn't be writing the above for discussion at least not all. Majority who has a maid are those who need someone to look after their babies n children especially working irregular hours or need to work OT most of time. nannies n childcare/infant centres only till 7 pm, they are not able to fetch them in time. so it wouldn't be fair to say that we/they are lazy becos by the time, most of us would b exhausted n not forgetting not all hubbies will be able to 'help' us.
and while you mention that maids shld be treated like an employee ..i agree w you. However some of them do not treat you like an employer, they will talk back n challenge you .some of them do not respect you as an employer..how do you feel about that.

**I'm not aware that almost each month a maid has passed away and I'm sad to learnt that.

i guess each employer will 'strive' to b a good employer but it will also depends on the maids' attitude.
ya agreed to chachaleo :Dancing_wub:

LoVeS

hmmm, for my sisters, i think they are still ok. but my mum said im the one who cried n fuss alot.
btu of cos, not as active as my lil pin.
oh, n i rmb when i was about 8 my mum also helped babysit her friend's kid. from morning til night for about 3 yrs.

i agree with you, that of cos, unless we are in the exact situation, we will not know the trouble, but im just sharing that, it is still not impossible to live w/o a maid.
yeah ting i knw ur sharing wif us~ :tlaugh:Sumhow i juz feel tat gers are easier to take care than boys~ Tats how i compare my baby ger wif her elder bro when both at the same age :001_302:

S

str@wb3rry's

I know this topic wld stirr a cord with many.
I was reading some posts regarding maids n how some mummies are having some problems with them.
I am actually against this idea of having maids.I think it has made many people really slack,mean n self righteous.N the way the maids are being treated is hardly any different fr tht of a slave.
Everyone wants a maid with no off days.How wld you feel if your employer does the same to you n you are left with no choice but to comply given the circumstances.
Maids are suppose to have minimal contact with their family for fear tht they may be easily influenced.Again how wld we feel if our In laws decide oooh your family influencing you too much pls cut back on communication.
N maids are to eat only certain specified food.Again how much can one posibbly eat?
Some want maids to say yes 'am,no 'am.Lets just reserve tht for the military shall we.
N maids get up waaay earlier to do chores n are expected to do them well.How many mummies get up at 5am to do chores even if they are stay home?
N i often think maids have their hands full.If mummy is not able to do housework,look after baby n cook,to expect the maid to do all tht when mummy is at work is double standard.
In many parts of the world,they are suppose to be "house helpers". They are human too..they need rest,to be treated like you wld a guest or an employee in your own office.
I have 3 kids .Never needed a maid well actually to be honest i wld love help with housework n all but i cant bring myself to get one.Dont want kids getting lazy.Or me getting lazy.Its easy to fall into tht trap.N all the abuse cases we read about.Its so easy to "lose it" esp when you have the upper hand n see the maid ..well as a "maid".
So why this thread when i have no maid?Well i have seen too many terrible employers n too many maids suffering.I have actually gotten to see the "maids point of view" many a times n its often so heart wrenching tht i wonder why tht even happened.
Mummies pls treat your maids as you wld an employee.No doubt you are responsible for her but to treat someone with so much animosity under the same roof?no patience when we are able to bear the worst of it fr in laws n other people? Why then this double standards?
No doubt there are bad hats.When i read articles about how the maid killed the kids under her charge or attacked her employer,i think she must have been pushed to the brink.
Mummies wht are your opinions?Those mummies with no maids...if its not financial reason holding you back then wht is?
This shld pose for some interesting discussion.:001_302:
Hi jasobias

Just to share my view. Let say if all the people agreed to not have a maid, i guess alot of them(maids) will become jobless and they will still be in their poverty stage. Most maid goes oversea to work so that they can provide better financial income to their family and children. My maid has told me if she dun come here to work, she dunno what she will be doing there maybe become a farmer who earn very little only. Now that she has work here a few years. She actually manage to send money back and build their own dream house and recently her family just bought a rice plant.

So they all came here to work so that they can strive to get out of poverty. Who wants to be away with their family for so long. Most of my friends who has maid treat their maid quite well and no problem so far. I have a friend whose maid already with her for 10 yrs. If really the employer ill-treat the maid, the maid wont work for 10 yrs with them ? My maid also enjoy good treatment, she get to watch tv and read whenever she finish her stuff. Mostly evening time when the household chores is done she get to do her own stuff, make phone call, whatever. And she choose what she want to eat and join me for dinner at restaurant and when shopping with me, she also shops and buy her own stuff. Plus she never carry bags of stuff for my children. She always leave the stuff in the pram and i am the one who push the pram always. Also all stuff concerning my children, i do it myself like feeding, put them to sleep, etc. She get to sleep at her usual time.

I just feel you shouldn't start this topic at all, what do you want from this topic? to create awareness? If so, maybe you should think of a way to highlight this to MOM or so and get them to enforce better law to protect the maids and employers. From what i know MOM has actually set law for maid to have day off. Those without day off will be compensate abit more to their salary. And maids without day off, most of them should have been inform and they agree and then signing of contract.

You must also understand that some family cant have day off for maid as their family might not have anyone to help them to look after the elderly or babies if they need to work. Some family might be quite financially tight that both the husband and wife needs to go out and work. Anyway who wont wan to look after their close one if they have a choice. We also never know what the maid might do to them too.

Ting

yeah ting i knw your sharing with us~ :tlaugh:Sumhow i just feel that gers are easier to take care than boys~ Tats how i compare my baby ger with her elder bro when both at the same age :001_302:
haha, ok, if my next child is boy, i will try to see if he is a difficult baby compared to pin anot.
so far, pin was a easy baby when she was young.. until she reach the terrible T stage.:nah:

jasobias

Hi jasobias

Just to share my view. Let say if all the people agreed to not have a maid, i guess alot of them(maids) will become jobless and they will still be in their poverty stage. Most maid goes oversea to work so that they can provide better financial income to their family and children. My maid has told me if she dont come here to work, she dont know what she will be doing there maybe become a farmer who earn very little only. Now that she has work here a few years. She actually manage to send money back and build their own dream house and recently her family just bought a rice plant.

So they all came here to work so that they can strive to get out of poverty. Who wants to be away with their family for so long. Most of my friends who has maid treat their maid quite well and no problem so far. I have a friend whose maid already with her for 10 yrs. If really the employer ill-treat the maid, the maid wont work for 10 yrs with them ? My maid also enjoy good treatment, she get to watch tv and read whenever she finish her stuff. Mostly evening time when the household chores is done she get to do her own stuff, make phone call, whatever. And she choose what she want to eat and join me for dinner at restaurant and when shopping with me, she also shops and buy her own stuff. Plus she never carry bags of stuff for my children. She always leave the stuff in the pram and i am the one who push the pram always. Also all stuff concerning my children, i do it myself like feeding, put them to sleep, etc. She get to sleep at her usual time.

I just feel you shouldn't start this topic at all, what do you want from this topic? to create awareness? If so, maybe you should think of a way to highlight this to MOM or so and get them to enforce better law to protect the maids and employers. From what i know MOM has actually set law for maid to have day off. Those without day off will be compensate abit more to their salary. And maids without day off, most of them should have been inform and they agree and then signing of contract.

You must also understand that some family cant have day off for maid as their family might not have anyone to help them to look after the elderly or babies if they need to work. Some family might be quite financially tight that both the husband and wife needs to go out and work. Anyway who wont want to look after their close one if they have a choice. We also never know what the maid might do to them too.
First of all donttell me wht thread i shld be starting or not.
yup my purpose was to create awareness.Maybe prick those with a guilty conscience n give mums a chance to sit back n ponder.
Ya exactly my point,these maids come fr poor countrys at least treat them decent.
Gd on u n ur frens who treat maids well.Spread the gd faith ard n it cld help educate many more.
Work without a day off?tht i dont agree.Most agents wld do anything to get a maid hired.Why shld a maid not have a rest day?Dont we all get them?Dont we need to break out of our routines to take a breather?N how many of us r working 7 days a week both hubby n wife?Thts quite a rare occurence isnt it?
If families r financially tight,then the more amazing tht they r able to afford a maid.Coz like many mentioned u need to pay for health checks food etc.
I am financially tight too,but instead i choose to be financially savvy.Make cut backs within our expenditure,live simply.I dont expect everyone to follow suit.
But those who cant afford to keep a maid then simply shldnt.Infant care is available for those who r busy working.Then somemums lament tht when they go home fr work they r all tired n dont have the energy for the household chores or cooking or looking after kids etc.Then i ask who then works longer hrs?u or the maid?Who is gonna get more frustrated?