my first pregnancy but miscarriage

Dear sad33,
Actually i m not shocked because i ate as much as you... just that sometimes i may eat lesser due to busy work and tired ....
But i want to tell you to take lesser coffee too. Because coffee and tea same, loads of caffein which is bad for health.

Nope, i never try the acupuncture yet... but i had seen many people register for their acupunture... u may want to give it a try. Tcm medicine may take sometime to take effect... and its great that you can feel the effect so fast!!! Please continue!!!

I visited dr su yesterday with my hubby.
She said i should avoid all fruits except durians and that durian is good for me. She say i got ping xue so i often feel giddy. She just feel my pulse and know my neck pain and got sleeping problem. And she ask me to continue tonic until my tummy become small. because she say i got water retention problem due to not enough tonic....Then for my hubby, she feel the pulse and immediately know that he sleep late everynight and eat alot of junk. She scolded him too and i feel v happy... she say his body is originally good but he spoilt it... she also say i got not enough qi to hold bb in the womb so she prescribed me one week med to treat the qi. My hubby med is one month. I pay 22 , my hubby pay 60. I will update u how i feel after finish her medicine .. oh ya she ask me to cook 8 zhen with dom added once a week too. U may want to try this method too!!!

I think your hubby scared you too xin ku , so he said that.... if you really want to have bb, maybe you wait for some time later and have a good talk with him.... you are still young one.... it is not late to have bb... i have friends still trying for bb at age of 42...... there is no right and wrong answer to this .... just build your health and follow your heart....

Last edited:

Sad 33

Dear sad33,
Actually i m not shocked because i ate as much as you... just that sometimes i may eat lesser due to busy work and tired ....
But i want to tell you to take lesser coffee too. Because coffee and tea same, loads of caffein which is bad for health.

Nope, i never try the acupuncture yet... but i had seen many people register for their acupunture... u may want to give it a try. Tcm medicine may take sometime to take effect... and its great that you can feel the effect so fast!!! Please continue!!!

I visited dr su yesterday with my hubby.
She said i should avoid all fruits except durians and that durian is good for me. She say i got ping xue so i often feel giddy. She just feel my pulse and know my neck pain and got sleeping problem. And she ask me to continue tonic until my tummy become small. because she say i got water retention problem due to not enough tonic....Then for my hubby, she feel the pulse and immediately know that he sleep late everynight and eat alot of junk. She scolded him too and i feel v happy... she say his body is originally good but he spoilt it... she also say i got not enough qi to hold bb in the womb so she prescribed me one week med to treat the qi. My hubby med is one month. I pay 22 , my hubby pay 60. I will update u how i feel after finish her medicine .. oh ya she ask me to cook 8 zhen with dom added once a week too. U may want to try this method too!!!

I think your hubby scared you too xin ku , so he said that.... if you really want to have bb, maybe you wait for some time later and have a good talk with him.... you are still young one.... it is not late to have bb... i have friends still trying for bb at age of 42...... there is no right and wrong answer to this .... just build your health and follow your heart....
Dear Faithmummy,
yes...less coffee! but i used to take more cos work needs me to be alert... ok i will try to cut down...if possible...heee..

good to hear that the both of u visited dr su today!
actually durian is a 'rich' fruit which i think contain a lot of nutritions, and u know that some pregnant ladies esp in their second trimester usually take durian cos it is 'pu'..... but of course cannot overeat else too much sugar and fattening i guess.
such a coincidence, mum bought me durian today too which i crave for and nvr eaten since mc. i actually took abt 9 seeds of it at 1 go!

u talk about tummy!.... in fact when i just m/c and was doing confinement for the first2-3wks, my tummy was really big! i was basically without waist. and worst of all a relative even commented that if i was pregnant, she even touches my mc stomach!!! my tummy kind of reduce from wk 4....cos maybe i control my white rice intake too. u can take note if u are overeating white rice.

dr su seems quite accurate with her diagnose! perhaps i should see her when i am more ready. meanwhile i think i still want to continue with zhong hall for a period of time :)
are u trying for the next one already? cos just wondering since u say she give u medicine for the qi in the womb.

btw today is day 41 of my mc and that is already wk 6 after mc...however af still no sight. so weird. like u say and i read up, it shld be 4-6wks but since wk 6 already...still no feeling of af.

good to hear u can take 8 zhen too!
for the 8 zhen with DOM....is it cook 8 zhen already then slash abit of DOM on it to drink? or really cook 8 zhen with DOM...that is pour DOM onto the 8 zhen herbs and slow cook for 2 hrs?

share with u since u can take 8 zhen too...the tcm at zhong hall actually told me to put 2 eggs to cook with my 8 zhen. when the eggs become hardboiled, u can take the eggs out to crack them abit and put back the 8 zhen so it will become similar to 'tea leaves eggs'. she says its very pu with this method.

fyi, i try to drink tonic soup at least 4-5 times a wk. unless i am too tired to make it. hope u can find time to boil too :)

maybe u are right about the fact he see me so xin ku. cos i really suffers so badly for this pregnancy..i really have a lot of symptoms and breaking backache even at initial of it. :p
u mean your friend is a lady who is still trying at age 42?

Dear Faithmummy,
yes...less coffee! but i used to take more cos work needs me to be alert... ok i will try to cut down...if possible...heee..

good to hear that the both of u visited dr su today!
actually durian is a 'rich' fruit which i think contain a lot of nutritions, and u know that some pregnant ladies esp in their second trimester usually take durian cos it is 'pu'..... but of course cannot overeat else too much sugar and fattening i guess.
such a coincidence, mum bought me durian today too which i crave for and nvr eaten since mc. i actually took abt 9 seeds of it at 1 go!

u talk about tummy!.... in fact when i just m/c and was doing confinement for the first2-3wks, my tummy was really big! i was basically without waist. and worst of all a relative even commented that if i was pregnant, she even touches my mc stomach!!! my tummy kind of reduce from wk 4....cos maybe i control my white rice intake too. u can take note if u are overeating white rice.

dr su seems quite accurate with her diagnose! perhaps i should see her when i am more ready. meanwhile i think i still want to continue with zhong hall for a period of time :)
are u trying for the next one already? cos just wondering since u say she give u medicine for the qi in the womb.

btw today is day 41 of my mc and that is already wk 6 after mc...however af still no sight. so weird. like u say and i read up, it shld be 4-6wks but since wk 6 already...still no feeling of af.

good to hear u can take 8 zhen too!
for the 8 zhen with DOM....is it cook 8 zhen already then slash abit of DOM on it to drink? or really cook 8 zhen with DOM...that is pour DOM onto the 8 zhen herbs and slow cook for 2 hrs?

share with u since u can take 8 zhen too...the tcm at zhong hall actually told me to put 2 eggs to cook with my 8 zhen. when the eggs become hardboiled, u can take the eggs out to crack them abit and put back the 8 zhen so it will become similar to 'tea leaves eggs'. she says its very pu with this method.

fyi, i try to drink tonic soup at least 4-5 times a wk. unless i am too tired to make it. hope u can find time to boil too :)

maybe u are right about the fact he see me so xin ku. cos i really suffers so badly for this pregnancy..i really have a lot of symptoms and breaking backache even at initial of it. :p
u mean your friend is a lady who is still trying at age 42?
dear sad33

i learn something from TVB drama last time. if you need to feel alert at work, drink hot chocolate instead of coffee/tea.
U can buy those packet or sachets type of hot chocolate, calbury brand, very rich in potassium and give you energy...
Although the name is hot chocolate, but it is not like those normal chocolate bar that make you feel sick and sore throat... different. And its a very tasty drink !!!

last night, i took durian too !!!! and i feel very good after taking...
after hearing what i say about Durian, do you feel less guilty after taking durian? hehe
i read that durian is very beneficial for health, and the fats and sugars from durian are Not harmful at all.
u read and u will be surprised.... hahaha
it seems like durian is a Multi-vitamin !!!!!
it is good for u if u eat once a week.
Durian fruit nutrition facts and health benefits

Dr su say i will reduce my tummy if i keep taking tonics.... i will monitor and see...
maybe u should monitor your tummy now and see if it reduce after few weeks...
when you are ready to visit dr su, tell me, i will give you the address and consultation hours again.
i am not trying yet... Because Dr su say my qi is very weak... if i do not "tiao" my qi back, next time will also be very difficult to hold my baby. I listen liao feel quite scary.

i heard from some mummies that their AF come on the 7th or 8th week too.
different people different body type, so will exceed abit....
Try to relax and don't worry too much
the more we worry, the more it dun come...
so better to relax... you can also try to do some brisk walking or light jogging exercises.
Exercises help to relax the body and AF will come too.

yes.... you know DOM got one bottle cap.... u pour DOM into that bottle cap to full brink and pour into your 8zhen soup to cook together. Maybe you cook for awhile first, then pour the DOM into it and continue cooking.....

The 8zhen eggs recipe seems interesting !!!! Eggs are very good for giving us energy... Okay i will try the recipe !!!
Thanks for sharing !! U are very kind !!!

yup.... my friend is a Woman. She is age 42 and still never give up trying...
you are still young.... don't give up !!!
my friend told me... the joy that our children give us, is something that money cannot buy....
talk to your hubby again.... All the best to you, gal !!!!!

Last edited:

Sad 33

dear sad33

i learn something from TVB drama last time. if you need to feel alert at work, drink hot chocolate instead of coffee/tea.
U can buy those packet or sachets type of hot chocolate, calbury brand, very rich in potassium and give you energy...
Although the name is hot chocolate, but it is not like those normal chocolate bar that make you feel sick and sore throat... different. And its a very tasty drink !!!

last night, i took durian too !!!! and i feel very good after taking...
after hearing what i say about Durian, do you feel less guilty after taking durian? hehe
i read that durian is very beneficial for health, and the fats and sugars from durian are Not harmful at all.
u read and u will be surprised.... hahaha
it seems like durian is a Multi-vitamin !!!!!
it is good for u if u eat once a week.
Durian fruit nutrition facts and health benefits

Dr su say i will reduce my tummy if i keep taking tonics.... i will monitor and see...
maybe u should monitor your tummy now and see if it reduce after few weeks...
when you are ready to visit dr su, tell me, i will give you the address and consultation hours again.
i am not trying yet... Because Dr su say my qi is very weak... if i do not "tiao" my qi back, next time will also be very difficult to hold my baby. I listen liao feel quite scary.

i heard from some mummies that their AF come on the 7th or 8th week too.
different people different body type, so will exceed abit....
Try to relax and don't worry too much
the more we worry, the more it dun come...
so better to relax... you can also try to do some brisk walking or light jogging exercises.
Exercises help to relax the body and AF will come too.

yes.... you know DOM got one bottle cap.... u pour DOM into that bottle cap to full brink and pour into your 8zhen soup to cook together. Maybe you cook for awhile first, then pour the DOM into it and continue cooking.....

The 8zhen eggs recipe seems interesting !!!! Eggs are very good for giving us energy... Okay i will try the recipe !!!
Thanks for sharing !! U are very kind !!!

yup.... my friend is a Woman. She is age 42 and still never give up trying...
you are still young.... don't give up !!!
my friend told me... the joy that our children give us, is something that money cannot buy....
talk to your hubby again.... All the best to you, gal !!!!!
Dear Faithmummy,
Ohh ok...hot chocolate. i love hot chocolate but is Milo the same? heee..i better find if there is any difference when free. in fact from confinement til now i take Milo. i know there's a few brands of hot choco the market. :)

i went for to zhong hua for 2nd consultation last night and the doctor i saw previously was not around and was advised to use their 'fu ke' (female/gynae) doctor who has more experience on m/c.
the consultation is $13 compared to normal $3. :)
apparently when u talk about bad temper....this doctor reads my pulse and say i have very bad temper cos it is reflected in my pulse! this is very true. i am really a very bad temper person who flare up at min things. in fact this year i have been trying to control my temper. cos because of my work and expectation...i am a very impatient person and can't stand inefficiently! it's only during this period where i am bedridden and everything slows down to so much which left me to do a lot of reflection. in fact it was a torture when i bedridden cos my lifestyle was very active then....

further she says my pulse is very mixed which reflects a lot of things going up in my mind and i can be suddenly happy and upset the next moment. quite true to this point... and she even ask me to self reflect....lol.
can u imagine the doctor can even read my temper and character through pulse reading?

the doctor actually tells me i can don't take my own soup but only her medicine! she told me no extreme exercise so i can't really reduce my tummy?!
i a bit apprehensive on not taking tonic soups...heee...

from dr su's diagnose...its very scary to hear not enough qi to hold the bb. u better eat well...nutrition food and her mediciation and also the 8 zhen with DOM.
u feel any effect on her medication til now? btw is self brew or in ready form?

btw i can't really be bothered with weight reduction til now cos my main concern is health so i'm really eating!

babyjade

Dear faithmummy and sad33,

Im very sorry to hear about your loss. Likewise, i have lost my baby in early May was around 4 weeks pregnant this year in my first pregnancy. I was really looking forward to my dragon baby...my hcg level went up and decrease so my doc informed me i will be expecting the loss most likely the following week. Was truly devastating....as i was so excited and happy when i was pregnant. I cry secretly in the toilet during work and this goes on for weeks. Depressed and emotional. The doctor says it's a good thing cos our body recognize abnormality and expels from our body. Rationally i understand but emotionally i kept thinking about it.

When i thought i gave up...trying.
Im pregnant again. Im currently 5 weeks and will be seeing my gynae this month end. Hopefully but not expecting too much cos pregnancy loss is just too common ?
>.< despite exercising and eating well. I really have a v weak body and v bad gastric problem. I have been feeling nausea and vomiting since pregnancy.

Ps: Pls dont blame yourself. Pregnancy loss is v common. The Dr says whether the baby can make it or survive really depends mainly on the baby. For us mummies we can only take folate and keep an eye on our diet!

I wish the best of all mummies Here. Pls take good care of body and ganbatte !

<3

Sad 33

Dear faithmummy and sad33,

Im very sorry to hear about your loss. Likewise, i have lost my baby in early May was around 4 weeks pregnant this year in my first pregnancy. I was really looking forward to my dragon baby...my hcg level went up and decrease so my doc informed me i will be expecting the loss most likely the following week. Was truly devastating....as i was so excited and happy when i was pregnant. I cry secretly in the toilet during work and this goes on for weeks. Depressed and emotional. The doctor says it's a good thing cos our body recognize abnormality and expels from our body. Rationally i understand but emotionally i kept thinking about it.

When i thought i gave up...trying.
Im pregnant again. Im currently 5 weeks and will be seeing my gynae this month end. Hopefully but not expecting too much cos pregnancy loss is just too common ?
>.< despite exercising and eating well. I really have a v weak body and v bad gastric problem. I have been feeling nausea and vomiting since pregnancy.

Ps: Pls dont blame yourself. Pregnancy loss is v common. The Dr says whether the baby can make it or survive really depends mainly on the baby. For us mummies we can only take folate and keep an eye on our diet!

I wish the best of all mummies Here. Pls take good care of body and ganbatte !

<3
Dear BabyJade,
Thanks for sharing your story with us. I guess Faithmummy and I certainly understand your pain as we feel as much as our loss too.
I guess u are the lucky one here, to be pregnant immediately after mc. As for me, menses just come today for the first time after mc. :p
btw did u immediately try for one and in fact did not want for menses to come? yr 2nd pregnancy seems so close...

May u have a smooth pregnancy and healthy baby! Congrats!!! :)

Dear Sad33

if i am not wrong.... Hot Chocolate is different from Milo....
But Milo also got alot of nutrients.... so I think it is just as good if you drink Milo....
Maybe alternate lor.... today drink milo, tomorrow drink hot chocolate.....

When i go zhong hua, i also go directly to Fu Ke....
But i only pay $3.... because the doctor given to me is just Normal doctor with little experience.
$13 consultation are for those Very Very Good and skillful doctors with many years of experience.
Your doctor is quite good leh... manage to diagnose about so many things from your pulse....

I still feel that we need to do light exercises, such as slow walking, Yoga etc
Maybe just avoid heavy exercises .... but i think if we do housework daily, its already considered exercises le.....

Yoga can help to train our patience too.... if you think your temper usually not that good or not patience enough, you can take up Yoga.... i am going to go Community centres to find Yoga courses after i finished my one month Confinement which is this Saturday.....

Actually after this miscarriage, i also reflect alot about my own behaviour and how i should be a better person and be more gracious towards people around me. Last time, i used to mind about everything..... now i tone down liao...

Your doctor told you that you no need to take your own soup, but she never say you Must not take your own soup, right?
So it means that you can still continue tonic, Unless she tell you No No....
In my opinion, i think you should continue to have tonics at least twice to thrice weekly......... my tcm told me that 8 zhen is very important, and I must take Weekly.... DOM must be taken everyday......

Dr Su medicine is powder form.... just dissolve in small amt of warm water and can drink liao
Not very bitter..... can Tahan the smell and taste hahahah
i feel quite energetic after taking her med..... Dunno is it i too sensitive hehehehhee
how about you? Any effect after the new medicine?

Dear BabyJade,

Congrats on your new bundle of joy !!!
your sharing somehow give me Hope !!!!

i am also like you last time.... cry in toilets and feeling very depressed....
even until now, i still cry when i think of my baby but Lesser now.....

i am really really very thankful that you share your story here..... it makes me feel positive listening to good news from mummies like you and others..... All the best and good luck to you too !!!!!

Sad33 & babyjade

would you like to join this talk/seminar? someone share this link with me.
this is for pregnant ladies and people who are planning to have babies.....
i just joined..... but i hope i will not feel sad when i see pregnant women.....
however, they also teach us what to do at the beginning before we try to conceive or when we manage to get pregnant.... i think it is good to just go and pick up some knowledge.....
they also teach our hubbies about the Role of a Father....

http://www.alife.org.sg/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=240&Itemid=80

Last edited:

Sad 33

Dear Sad33

if i am not wrong.... Hot Chocolate is different from Milo....
But Milo also got alot of nutrients.... so I think it is just as good if you drink Milo....
Maybe alternate lor.... today drink milo, tomorrow drink hot chocolate.....

When i go zhong hua, i also go directly to Fu Ke....
But i only pay $3.... because the doctor given to me is just Normal doctor with little experience.
$13 consultation are for those Very Very Good and skillful doctors with many years of experience.
Your doctor is quite good leh... manage to diagnose about so many things from your pulse....

I still feel that we need to do light exercises, such as slow walking, Yoga etc
Maybe just avoid heavy exercises .... but i think if we do housework daily, its already considered exercises le.....

Yoga can help to train our patience too.... if you think your temper usually not that good or not patience enough, you can take up Yoga.... i am going to go Community centres to find Yoga courses after i finished my one month Confinement which is this Saturday.....

Actually after this miscarriage, i also reflect alot about my own behaviour and how i should be a better person and be more gracious towards people around me. Last time, i used to mind about everything..... now i tone down liao...

Your doctor told you that you no need to take your own soup, but she never say you Must not take your own soup, right?
So it means that you can still continue tonic, Unless she tell you No No....
In my opinion, i think you should continue to have tonics at least twice to thrice weekly......... my tcm told me that 8 zhen is very important, and I must take Weekly.... DOM must be taken everyday......

Dr Su medicine is powder form.... just dissolve in small amt of warm water and can drink liao
Not very bitter..... can Tahan the smell and taste hahahah
i feel quite energetic after taking her med..... Dunno is it i too sensitive hehehehhee
how about you? Any effect after the new medicine?

Dear BabyJade,

Congrats on your new bundle of joy !!!
your sharing somehow give me Hope !!!!

i am also like you last time.... cry in toilets and feeling very depressed....
even until now, i still cry when i think of my baby but Lesser now.....

i am really really very thankful that you share your story here..... it makes me feel positive listening to good news from mummies like you and others..... All the best and good luck to you too !!!!!

Sad33 & babyjade

would you like to join this talk/seminar? someone share this link with me.
this is for pregnant ladies and people who are planning to have babies.....
i just joined..... but i hope i will not feel sad when i see pregnant women.....
however, they also teach us what to do at the beginning before we try to conceive or when we manage to get pregnant.... i think it is good to just go and pick up some knowledge.....
they also teach our hubbies about the Role of a Father....

Embracing Parenthood!

Dear Faithmummy,
heee...i like to thot of alternate days drink milo and another hot chocolate! in fact i have been alternating my supplements intake too cos i have too many different kinds already so 1 day these and 1 day that.

i am not too sure if the fu ke i pay for is good anot...i told her my menses didn't come then 1 of the mediciation she gave me is adjust jin and pu xie....in fact after taking the medicine for 1 day, my menses arrived. dunno if it is coincident or is the medication. i just caually menton to her my menses didn't come but never really thot must use medicine to make it come? i am not too sure but i call her up and she told me to stop all my medication while having period.
i dunno if the $13 fu ke more experience? heee..cos i am not very used to her slownesss.....in handling pc, or diagnosing me or little comments...heee...i will see how it goes once menses settled. told u i am a impatient person....i get worst when momentum in work get full force...then i become very short temper too!
how's taking dr su's medication so far? is it good? dunno shld i change tcm soon...still thinking!

i used to want to join the yoga class at cc...but these few yrs, mmm...my work schedule has been keeping me up. don't worry, i try to do stretching at home when i have time! enjoy yr class!

aiya...now so sian...menses came.. u have any good formula of taking care woman's health during menses? after mc i become so scared now with menses...cos blood flow out of body. so i am basically taking multivit, calcium pills and iron pills these few days. so scare too much blood flow out.....and body become weak!
the 8 zhen soup have to wait already. :p btw how u take the DOM?
i used to boil with chicken or splash on soup. u drink DOM directly?

i not going to the talk cos really want to delay my next pregnancy if there is one......
i'm really facing different priorities right now......also a bit drain in my heart cos of this mc. find life still so unfair at times... recently face too many happy, just given birth cousin and friends. i don't know why...but this year there's really a lot of people giving birth, esp at this period where i mc. :p life is certainty not fair to me on this!
sorry...faithmummy, i just get angry, bitter, upset and jealous with them and my current situation.
anyway i take me a while to lift up my spirt again...don't worry....

Last edited:
Dear Faithmummy,
heee...i like to thot of alternate days drink milo and another hot chocolate! in fact i have been alternating my supplements intake too cos i have too many different kinds already so 1 day these and 1 day that.

i am not too sure if the fu ke i pay for is good anot...i told her my menses didn't come then 1 of the mediciation she gave me is adjust jin and pu xie....in fact after taking the medicine for 1 day, my menses arrived. dunno if it is coincident or is the medication. i just caually menton to her my menses didn't come but never really thot must use medicine to make it come? i am not too sure but i call her up and she told me to stop all my medication while having period.
i dunno if the $13 fu ke more experience? heee..cos i am not very used to her slownesss.....in handling pc, or diagnosing me or little comments...heee...i will see how it goes once menses settled. told u i am a impatient person....i get worst when momentum in work get full force...then i become very short temper too!
how's taking dr su's medication so far? is it good? dunno shld i change tcm soon...still thinking!

i used to want to join the yoga class at cc...but these few yrs, mmm...my work schedule has been keeping me up. don't worry, i try to do stretching at home when i have time! enjoy yr class!

aiya...now so sian...menses came.. u have any good formula of taking care woman's health during menses? after mc i become so scared now with menses...cos blood flow out of body. so i am basically taking multivit, calcium pills and iron pills these few days. so scare too much blood flow out.....and body become weak!
the 8 zhen soup have to wait already. :p btw how u take the DOM?
i used to boil with chicken or splash on soup. u drink DOM directly?

i not going to the talk cos really want to delay my next pregnancy if there is one......
i'm really facing different priorities right now......also a bit drain in my heart cos of this mc. find life still so unfair at times... recently face too many happy, just given birth cousin and friends. i don't know why...but this year there's really a lot of people giving birth, esp at this period where i mc. :p life is certainty not fair to me on this!
sorry...faithmummy, i just get angry, bitter, upset and jealous with them and my current situation.
anyway i take me a while to lift up my spirt again...don't worry....
sad33,

i also have a few supplements that i bought earlier on, such as kelp iodine pills ..... dunno should alternate day to eat or not....
otherwise waste money leh....

oh ya, i want to update you:

from what i heard,
$13 consultation in Zhong Hua --> the doctor is very good and experienced. Some even quite famous thats why charge so high... so i think you can be confident that your doctor can treat you..... maybe you try for a month, see if there is any effects before you think of changing doctor...... if you feel no effect, then come to Dr Su...

i think it could be coincidence that your menses come, not because of med.... because as far as i know, menses suppose to come naturally..... but its good that your menses finally come..... it will be very worrying if it never come after 8th weeks.....
Oh ya, visited Dr Su yesterday and i asked her about it yesterday, She also told me that I have to Stop drinking her medicine and DOM if i am having Menses....So if you are still drinking DOM, better stop as you are having Menses....

Dr Su yesterday said my condition improved alot and she is surprised !!! I feel very happy upon hearing it, so i probably will continue with her....

Sad33, there is some Yoga classes on Youtube too.... if you interested , you can visit below links and DIY at home.

Yoga for beginner
Yoga Channel - Ananda Yoga - YouTube

Yoga to cure backache
Yoga Exercise To Cure BACKACHE - YouTube

A whole list of Yoga for Digestion
Yoga For Digestion - YouTube

Yoga for Woman
Yoga For Women Upavistha Konasana - YouTube

A whole list of Yoga for Couple
Yoga For Couple - YouTube

i read that Red Raspberry leaf Tea is good for regulating Menses flow and relieve cramps. But I never drink before... In fact many people recommend me this. I asked Dr Su, she say it is okay to drink,.... but it will be even better if we eat 五子衍宗丸 instead....
however, i need to ask her again what 五子衍宗丸 exactly treat... I check and get back to you later.....

but no matter what, please continue 8 zhen after your menses, once a week.
8 zhen is really the most important tonic for woman... every woman should not miss this out...

Ya, i am still drinking DOM on Monday to Friday Night after Dinner..... I give myself a break on Weekends hahaha.
I drink it directly from the DOM Bottle Cap (pour to full brink).
I never mix with Warm Water..... i heard that some people mixed with warm water as per advise from their TCM doc.
But Dr Su never tell me there is a need to do that, so I never do that....
How about you? you only splash in Soups? Or do you also drink it directly?

Actually, Now, when i see pregnant Woman.... I felt so Envious too.
i kept thinking Why other woman can carry to full term so successfully and Easily while i cannot....
This year alone, i already got so many friends carrying dragon babies and some going to give birth....
I dunno why ever since i M/C, i start to notice alot of pregnant women on the street or on MRT....
last time i never seem to notice so many..... dunno is it i am too sensitive....

But Sad33, Don't worry if you are not trying bb in the snake year..... take your time to recover for one year.
after talking to your hubby, maybe you guys can try for horse year..... horse is good too....

Oh ya !!!!!!
I bought OCEAN HEALTH - Omega 3 Fish Oil 1000 MG.
it is a big bottle with 180 capsules..
I bought it from Unity Pharmacy.... Now got promotion.... 2 Big Bottles for $49.50...
I think usual price is 1 Big Bottle for $37.
my Dad recommend this brand so I bought two (one for hubby, one for me)

Last edited:

babyjade

Dear faith mummy and sad33. You guys have so much wonderful advise! Its abit hard for me to keep track of the thread. Im so tired with work everyday and yes thankfully im pregnant again. I know the feeling of being bitter... There are just so many people around me who r pregnant even my own sister. Till now i still have doubts in my pregnant in fear of recurring feelings of getting hopeful and losing it. Im holding faith close to my heart and hope god protects my baby. I will b happy to attend the talk on 28/7 but v hectic for me. I need to work and after work im on call zzz and need to rush for a wedding. And husband working not free for me. Will see how it goes. R u guys going for the talk? :) jiayou ok recupperate your body well. My Dr says after pregnancy loss can alr try for baby if emotionally stable. My body not v strong eh... So i must pray pray and eat well!

Sad 33

Dear faith mummy and sad33. You guys have so much wonderful advise! Its abit hard for me to keep track of the thread. Im so tired with work everyday and yes thankfully im pregnant again. I know the feeling of being bitter... There are just so many people around me who r pregnant even my own sister. Till now i still have doubts in my pregnant in fear of recurring feelings of getting hopeful and losing it. Im holding faith close to my heart and hope god protects my baby. I will b happy to attend the talk on 28/7 but v hectic for me. I need to work and after work im on call zzz and need to rush for a wedding. And husband working not free for me. Will see how it goes. R u guys going for the talk? :) jiayou ok recupperate your body well. My Dr says after pregnancy loss can alr try for baby if emotionally stable. My body not v strong eh... So i must pray pray and eat well!
Dear BabyJade,
Don't think so much...everything will goes well when u have a strong belief it will. JiaYou! :D Take plenty of care and rest meanwhile. Don't overwork your body!

Sad 33

sad33,

i also have a few supplements that i bought earlier on, such as kelp iodine pills ..... dunno should alternate day to eat or not....
otherwise waste money leh....

oh ya, i want to update you:

from what i heard,
$13 consultation in Zhong Hua --> the doctor is very good and experienced. Some even quite famous thats why charge so high... so i think you can be confident that your doctor can treat you..... maybe you try for a month, see if there is any effects before you think of changing doctor...... if you feel no effect, then come to Dr Su...

i think it could be coincidence that your menses come, not because of med.... because as far as i know, menses suppose to come naturally..... but its good that your menses finally come..... it will be very worrying if it never come after 8th weeks.....
Oh ya, visited Dr Su yesterday and i asked her about it yesterday, She also told me that I have to Stop drinking her medicine and DOM if i am having Menses....So if you are still drinking DOM, better stop as you are having Menses....

Dr Su yesterday said my condition improved alot and she is surprised !!! I feel very happy upon hearing it, so i probably will continue with her....

Sad33, there is some Yoga classes on Youtube too.... if you interested , you can visit below links and DIY at home.

Yoga for beginner
Yoga Channel - Ananda Yoga - YouTube

Yoga to cure backache
Yoga Exercise To Cure BACKACHE - YouTube

A whole list of Yoga for Digestion
Yoga For Digestion - YouTube

Yoga for Woman
Yoga For Women Upavistha Konasana - YouTube

A whole list of Yoga for Couple
Yoga For Couple - YouTube

i read that Red Raspberry leaf Tea is good for regulating Menses flow and relieve cramps. But I never drink before... In fact many people recommend me this. I asked Dr Su, she say it is okay to drink,.... but it will be even better if we eat 五子衍宗丸 instead....
however, i need to ask her again what 五子衍宗丸 exactly treat... I check and get back to you later.....

but no matter what, please continue 8 zhen after your menses, once a week.
8 zhen is really the most important tonic for woman... every woman should not miss this out...

Ya, i am still drinking DOM on Monday to Friday Night after Dinner..... I give myself a break on Weekends hahaha.
I drink it directly from the DOM Bottle Cap (pour to full brink).
I never mix with Warm Water..... i heard that some people mixed with warm water as per advise from their TCM doc.
But Dr Su never tell me there is a need to do that, so I never do that....
How about you? you only splash in Soups? Or do you also drink it directly?

Actually, Now, when i see pregnant Woman.... I felt so Envious too.
i kept thinking Why other woman can carry to full term so successfully and Easily while i cannot....
This year alone, i already got so many friends carrying dragon babies and some going to give birth....
I dunno why ever since i M/C, i start to notice alot of pregnant women on the street or on MRT....
last time i never seem to notice so many..... dunno is it i am too sensitive....

But Sad33, Don't worry if you are not trying bb in the snake year..... take your time to recover for one year.
after talking to your hubby, maybe you guys can try for horse year..... horse is good too....

Oh ya !!!!!!
I bought OCEAN HEALTH - Omega 3 Fish Oil 1000 MG.
it is a big bottle with 180 capsules..
I bought it from Unity Pharmacy.... Now got promotion.... 2 Big Bottles for $49.50...
I think usual price is 1 Big Bottle for $37.
my Dad recommend this brand so I bought two (one for hubby, one for me)
Dear Faithmummy,
what's the iodine supplements for? i seldom hear people taking this.

okie...heee...i listen to u on the doctor matter. anyway my menses just cleared for 2 days so i am thinking of checking with the $13 zhong hua doctor if i can continue the medicine which i stopped....
btw, i nvr know that those high charging zhong hua gynaes are actually famous! wor quite steady yeah....

thanks a lot for sharing with me that no tcm medicine or DOM when menses. this is really impt pc of info for me! :)
i will start my 8 zhen once given green light by the zhong hua gynae.
btw dunno if it was due to stopping medicine or changing from $3 doctor to $13 doctor so medicine and diagnose different or was it that my problem never really heals, i told u there is piercing sharp pain to a point of my knee cap.. it in fact returns these few days. dunno because legs caught in the recent rain or air con from office? sigh...i feel like a real old woman.

going to find time to call up the $13 zhong hua gynae tmw or maybe even going down. but so busy recently....

i'm glad to hear that your condition has improved! way to go! yes yes, continue with her as it seems she is also kind of very recommended?
btw, by going back to work, did u feel any body aches? or not much changes like when u rested at home?

its really nice of u search those links on yoga for me! i am very touched!!! i will start soon when i have more energy... these few days are rather taxing!

I have not heard on this 五子衍宗丸 before. yes yes pls share with me what it is and its benefits.
hi faithmummy, thanks for sharing on
Red Raspberry leaf Tea too. where can u get this? sound like an unique tea....
btw in the past i didn't seems to have much issue with
Menses flow and relieve cramps... my menses seem quite normal like heavy first 2-3 days and 4th day lessen by a lot and finally 5th day almost gone. further i make myself drink hot brown sugar ginger tea esp on the first 2-3 days of menses as i used to suffer from cramps, but with this drink which i already drink for years when menses really help me on menses! do u face problem with menses flow and cramps?

pertaining DOM....i have never drink it as it is alone before. not even it itself with water
what i have done is either cook it with chicken for 2 hrs or pour 1-2 spoonful on soup. btw every seeing zhong hua doctor which is around 2 wks, i have not taken a drop of DOM. i didn't know can leh!!! i better remember to ask tmw! heee...

ya i guess maybe we become more aware to these preggies or mums with newborns...that is why we see more of them when previously we didn't. i am also like u.....

haaa...i am a horse. so let's see....

taking omega 3 is good. i also have but stop when i preg cos i read somewhere that esp last trimester shld not take fish oil cos it will cause blood thinning. dunno how true. u better check it out when the right time comes ok...
i think initial stage of pregnancy omega 3 shld be ok as my gp prescribed me when that time first trimester.
but as u know first trimester folic acid is the most important.

just sharing with u....if u are interested u can just take a bit of multi vit? get your gynae to prescribe? cos one old auntie told me before to become pregnant, its good to have iron, folic acid...fundamental..that's what she says. dunno how true.
anyway iron is contained in multi vit...and instead of taking iron pills itself which not very good cos think heaty, u can perhaps try multi vit since it contains a variety of vit? there are also prenatal multi vit which gynae can prescribe.

btw now the multi vit i am taking is only for normal woman...cos i am interested to boost my health only.

i also sunk in a lot of money on supplements recently :p also bought quite a lot of calcium, glucosamine and multivit....
like u, i bought 2 or 3 bottles each type cos they have bundle deals. i really have been spending!!!!

Last edited:
Dear Sad33

iodine supplements is for preventing thyroid cancer.... that time i go japan tour with my hus, i scared radiation, so i bought the supplements for me and hus, hahahaha

i think after Menses stop, you can continue medicine.... but better to check with traditional chinese medicine sinseh first.....
Someone recommend below link to buy Red Raspberry Tea..... because its organic..... heard that it is cheaper to buy from overseas than from Singapore.
Woman’s Raspberry Leaf - Explore Yogi All Yogi Teas

after i check about
五子衍宗丸, then i let you know hahahaha

actually usually in the past, i dont have cramps during my menses one..... But my menses are Very very Short, only 3 - 4 days... people say this is not good.... because my menses Not heavy and only 3-4 days, so it means my spleen and kidney very weak..... so i better take more tonics and take care in future....... looks like your menses in the past also same as me... very short and light.... maybe you can tell your traditional chinese medicine sinseh about this, so that he give you the right medicine to tiaoyang.....

how is your second visit to $13 zhong hua sinseh? Hope everything went well for you !!!!

Oh ya.. after i started taking TCM , my neckpain has stopped !! and also no more backache...
how about you? did you try the Yoga for backache? how is your backache now? recover already?

I got take Multivit before.... but immediately after i took, i start to get very heaty and flu/cough/fever...... so after that i dont't dare to take hahahha think multivit dont't suit me......
But so far, after i started Omega3 fish oil, it is quite okay for me.... so i will continue taking..... Does your Multivit includes Omega3?

Oh you know .... i am eating folic acid now.... and i also give folic acid for my husband to eat.
i read an article.... in order to produce healthy sperms and prevent miscarriage.... both hus and wife need to take folic acid one.... you can consider sweet talk your hubby to eat..... good for him also...

Dear Babyjade....

Rest more and try not to stress yourself...
Eat plenty of nutritional food.... try to avoid unhealthy food....
dont't worry too much ..... if you have a religion, perhaps you can go pray and it will bring you confidence !!!

Last edited:
Sad33,
My pantry auntie is back...
I ask her... she said she tried other brands of bu yao jing.... none is effective...
Only this brand really help her....
科艺杜仲补腰精
U must buy from those very old kind of chinese medical hall.... green boxes one.... not expensive too... around $18 for a set of six bottles if i m not wrong... :D

Sad 33

Sad33,
I ask her... she said she tried other brands of bu yao jing.... none is effective...
科艺杜仲补腰精
U must buy from those very old kind of chinese medical hall.... green boxes one.... not expensive too... around $18 for a set of six bottles if i m not wrong... :D
Thanks a lot for this precious info!!! I will go to those traditional medical hall soon!

Sad 33

Dear Sad33

iodine supplements is for preventing thyroid cancer.... that time i go japan tour with my hus, i scared radiation, so i bought the supplements for me and hus, hahahaha

i think after Menses stop, you can continue medicine.... but better to check with traditional chinese medicine sinseh first.....
Someone recommend below link to buy Red Raspberry Tea..... because its organic..... heard that it is cheaper to buy from overseas than from Singapore.
Woman’s Raspberry Leaf - Explore Yogi All Yogi Teas

after i check about
五子衍宗丸, then i let you know hahahaha

actually usually in the past, i dont have cramps during my menses one..... But my menses are Very very Short, only 3 - 4 days... people say this is not good.... because my menses Not heavy and only 3-4 days, so it means my spleen and kidney very weak..... so i better take more tonics and take care in future....... looks like your menses in the past also same as me... very short and light.... maybe you can tell your traditional chinese medicine sinseh about this, so that he give you the right medicine to tiaoyang.....

how is your second visit to $13 zhong hua sinseh? Hope everything went well for you !!!!

Oh ya.. after i started taking TCM , my neckpain has stopped !! and also no more backache...
how about you? did you try the Yoga for backache? how is your backache now? recover already?

I got take Multivit before.... but immediately after i took, i start to get very heaty and flu/cough/fever...... so after that i dont't dare to take hahahha think multivit dont't suit me......
But so far, after i started Omega3 fish oil, it is quite okay for me.... so i will continue taking..... Does your Multivit includes Omega3?

Oh you know .... i am eating folic acid now.... and i also give folic acid for my husband to eat.
i read an article.... in order to produce healthy sperms and prevent miscarriage.... both hus and wife need to take folic acid one.... you can consider sweet talk your hubby to eat..... good for him also...

Dear Babyjade....

Rest more and try not to stress yourself...
Eat plenty of nutritional food.... try to avoid unhealthy food....
dont't worry too much ..... if you have a religion, perhaps you can go pray and it will bring you confidence !!!

Hi Faithmummy,

How many days must normal menses be? i thot mine was normal cos since young it was about like this....

My $13 doctor told me to resume my medication which i stop when menses came...she also give me another set of same medication for 1 more wk. so total have to take 2 wks of same medication.
Still not too sure if medication is good or not...cos i still find sharp pain at 1 point of my knee these few days on and off. hope to see more effect on my body soon.
h/w the only thing after this confinement or seeing tcm is that i used to suffers from constipation. takes about 2-3 days for output but now everyday got output. and esp after breakfast...faint. rather inconvenient for me. lol... sorry to be disgusting.

Wow your chinese medication seems to do u good. why did u suffer from neck pain? is it your pillow or sitting position that is not really right?

i start a bit of yoga already but like once a wk. i have been lazy and tired. think i better put in effort. u doing a lot of yoga now?

i think i must be the B complex inside the multi-vit that causes u to be heaty? there is once i took B complex alone and i ended up as u say, heaty, with flu!
however now taking multi-vit since it contains a mix of vit, i am ok. btw i usually take my multi vit in 1/2 dosage. instruction says 1 tab a day, but i take 1/2 tab a day or if really tired, i take 1/2 tab 2 times a day.
This is because i got to understd that body cannot absorb all multvit at 1 go. see this link

Dr. Oz's Ultimate Supplement Checklist | The Dr. Oz Show

{Quote: A Multivitamin
A study of 3 million people revealed that less than 1% of the participants got enough essential vitamins from diet alone. That’s why you must take a multivitamin; it also helps prevent heart disease, breast cancer and colon cancer.

The Dose

• Look for 100% of the daily value of the 12 essential vitamins and minerals – like vitamins B, C, E and zinc. Note: Only women who are menstruating need a multivitamin with iron. If you are post-menopausal or a male, you do not need a multivitamin that contains iron.
  • More is not better – avoid “mega-doses.” You only need 100% daily value, not 500%.
  • Take half in the morning and half at night to maximize absorption. You use a multivitamin’s various components during the chemical reactions that occur throughout your body. So, maintaining constant levels assures a steady supply of these vital nutrients
  • Unquote }

Sad 33

Ohh...my multivit does not contain omega 3. i think quite hard to find multivit to contain omega 3. i take 2 brands of multivit...
Centrum AtoZ and Principle Nutritions's Women Multivit...both can get from Guardian.
I switch from one to another cos my husband not 'clearing' fast on Centrum Ato Z which is ok for both genders...so i can take too.

Omega 3 I buy the brand Shaklees... the promoter told me before it can be taken even breastfeeding or can be given to young cos its free from toxin. dunno how true. but i saw recently 2 bottles going for $100.95 or something in guardian.

thanks for sharing on the folic acid to be given to husband also. i share take note and force him to eat when trying time comes. here...

Dear Sad33

Actually there is no right or wrong answer to the number of days of Menses. But My Menses is like, Day 1 – abit, Day 2 -Slightly more, Day 3 – finishing, Day 4 –Spotting and brown discharge…. Day 5 – no More. So people was saying such Light Menses like mine means that my Spleen and kidney are very weak… How about you? Are yours also like that?

I think you have to tell the Doctor that you are still experiencing the Sharp Pain at Knee there, and you got Constipation problem. They will put all symptoms together and Diagnose what you are suffering from. Does the Sharp pain on your Knee affecting you when you Walk? Maybe you can try Eating Papaya every Alternate Day, Papaya will help you to smoothen the “Shit” and make it easy to come out…

Actually I had Neckpain before I got pregnant…. It is due to Fatigue at Work… Never Sit Properly, or Keep Sitting never stand up sometimes. So I make it a point to keep going toilet now…. so that I get to walk instead of keep sitting.

Although I share the Yoga Link , I never try any of the Moves yet… I am so so so so so lazy… Say want to exercise today, but keep pushing to Tomorrow…. Haha

Thanks for sharing the Article !!!
Actually I never know Multi-Vit can Cut into Half to Eat one…. I just feel that the Tablet is SO BIG…. And I have to quickly force myself to Swallow it haha
After Eating for Second day, I started to Fall sick. So I immediately Stop…. Thereafter, I don’t dare to take Multi-Vit again. I also don’t know which Mineral caused me to fall Sick or get Heaty…. But my Friend Told me, This is Because I am Too Weak…. If people who are Strong, Will Not Fall sick after taking Multi-Vit one.

I think you better check with your Doctor if it is Okay to switch your Multi-vit brand alternately… Because I feel that if we eating one brand, we better finish this brand first before taking another brand… Or Some doctors may advise you to stick to one brand throughout if it is good for U….. Better don’t risk our health for this….

I just read one article …. Zinc and Selenium are very Important for Fertility and Prevent Miscarriage. Both Hus and wife must have enough Zinc and Selenium in their Daily Intake…. Does your Multi-vit includes this two minerals as well?

http://greentot.wordpress.com/2008/06/22/zinc-selenium-conceive/

Sad 33

Dear Sad33

Actually there is no right or wrong answer to the number of days of Menses. But My Menses is like, Day 1 – abit, Day 2 -Slightly more, Day 3 – finishing, Day 4 –Spotting and brown discharge…. Day 5 – no More. So people was saying such Light Menses like mine means that my Spleen and kidney are very weak… How about you? Are yours also like that?

I think you have to tell the Doctor that you are still experiencing the Sharp Pain at Knee there, and you got Constipation problem. They will put all symptoms together and Diagnose what you are suffering from. Does the Sharp pain on your Knee affecting you when you Walk? Maybe you can try Eating Papaya every Alternate Day, Papaya will help you to smoothen the “Shit” and make it easy to come out…

Actually I had Neckpain before I got pregnant…. It is due to Fatigue at Work… Never Sit Properly, or Keep Sitting never stand up sometimes. So I make it a point to keep going toilet now…. so that I get to walk instead of keep sitting.

Although I share the Yoga Link , I never try any of the Moves yet… I am so so so so so lazy… Say want to exercise today, but keep pushing to Tomorrow…. Haha

Thanks for sharing the Article !!!
Actually I never know Multi-Vit can Cut into Half to Eat one…. I just feel that the Tablet is SO BIG…. And I have to quickly force myself to Swallow it haha
After Eating for Second day, I started to Fall sick. So I immediately Stop…. Thereafter, I don’t dare to take Multi-Vit again. I also don’t know which Mineral caused me to fall Sick or get Heaty…. But my Friend Told me, This is Because I am Too Weak…. If people who are Strong, Will Not Fall sick after taking Multi-Vit one.

I think you better check with your Doctor if it is Okay to switch your Multi-vit brand alternately… Because I feel that if we eating one brand, we better finish this brand first before taking another brand… Or Some doctors may advise you to stick to one brand throughout if it is good for U….. Better don’t risk our health for this….

I just read one article …. Zinc and Selenium are very Important for Fertility and Prevent Miscarriage. Both Hus and wife must have enough Zinc and Selenium in their Daily Intake…. Does your Multi-vit includes this two minerals as well?

Zinc, Selenium May Help to Conceive « Green Baby: Saving World, One Baby at a Time
Dear Faithmummy,

Your menses certainty sounds very different from mine. Really very light?
My menses is usually heavy first 2-3 days (example the pass out will soak half of 3-4 maxis these first 2 days while day 3 slightly lighter) and 4th day lessen by a lot and finally 5th day almost gone.

I did tell the doctor almost all i can think of whenever i visit her. she is the one who diagnose me with poor 'wei' (stomach) that is why i got constipation. heeee...don't worry. i am now better on the 'motion' part. i think it must be the medication cos now i can output 2-3 times a day....which i find very troublesome!!!! between does dr su medication makes u go toilet more frequently?

Oooh...the sharp pain does not cause any problem but only discomfort. I tend to want to knock on it when pain reoccur. :p
Feel like a old woman. ha..how i wish i can turn back to the clock til i am young and i will be extremely careful with my body.

Its good if u can look into changing into a better chair in your office or home to ease your neck ache problem. U know that when i just D&C i was too suffering from unbearable backache. I can't even sit in a wooden chair at home for 1 hr without the rest of the day suffering from extreme backache. I dunno if it was the more tonic taken or when I change this wooden chair to a cushion chair that I now feel better sitting at my desk to use pc back at home, and don't need to suffer to extreme backache for rest of day. I think the chair plays an important part....

Really?! People who is strong will not fall sick on multi-vit? heeee...that's a cool piece of info. I hope I am strong too! Like i shared with u in the other thread, i am very scared on my poor health too. My preg symptoms are so extreme and already there in very early stage of preg....

I didn't know I shouldn't switch brands for the same kind of supplements. thanks for highlighting to me....
I will try to complete 1 brand first before another then....

Oh yeah...my multivit does contain both zinc and selenium!

Yeah! til today i am still taking durian at least 2 times a wk. what about u?
btw it is so strange...durian used to make me heaty but now i can consume it without much problem. dunno is it due to body still got room for nutritious and tonic foods after mc?

also does drinking dom every night makes u heaty too?

Last edited:

Sad 33

Sad33,
科艺杜仲补腰精
I tried to find this brand of waist tonic from several medical halls around my area but none of them sells this brand. faint.... think i must travel down to their main branch which i heard is somewhere near machepson...
any idea which shop did your panty auntie buy from?