Need Help from Parents wth 4 yr old boys

jojoki

Hi Dads n Moms,

I need ideas on toys, activities for a 4 year old boy. My little nephew will be coming to visit. I would like to get him a nice toy, or do something fun with him. Can you share with me what your boys like to play with? THanks in advance

littlehelper

Depending on what things he like.
He would probably be happy to receive guns soldier figurines.
If you prefer smth less violent probably a set of cars would be good?
Lego or books would also do fine.

hope seow

:) anyone with 4 yrs old boys?
u may like to prepare some drawing blocks and coloured pencils, Can go online and print some colouring activities, my 4 yrs old boy won't usually stick to a particular toy or activity for more than an hr.

Toys- can buy dough and Lego cos can be used for your gal when she's older too.

Hope the above can help u abit. :)

jasobias

hey jo
wht abt thomas train set or any train set ?u cld spend ages building different kinds of train tracks.
lego is also a great idea
u cld just do the same activities tht u have been doing with net..finger painting,reading,keeping icky caterpillars..hahhah

stonston

As a mum of a very active 3.5 yo, the last thing I wanna recommend are violent toys (guns, etc).

Activities my boy enjoys:
- Painting and drawing
- Finding objects in those 'spot the item' books (bought 1 book on Toy Story 3 just yesterday from Giant)
- Singing and dancing
- Wooden blocks/lego (build a house)
- Origami
- Baking/cooking

You can try making home made play dough for him to play (it's made from edible ingredients so no worries about ingesting it).
For me, when I bake cookies, I allow my boy to help shape/cut the cookie dough. He loves it!

How long will he be at your place?

jojoki

THank mommies seems like all quite pro lego eh.. i think i will get him lego set. he will only be around for a couple of weeks.. we will b back in Ipoh .. n if u noe Ipoh ermm its quite a dead town haha!

Ting

lego v small, n quite sharp.. from my own childhood experiences lahs.
u can try megabloks. bigger, better. :)

tanglin

is it possible to find out from his mom what your nephew likes?
cos my 4 year old and his best friend of the same age prefer very different things/activities.
one can sit for hours to draw & colour patiently & create pictures with beautiful details while the other is simply obsessed with numbers and very much into boardgames like snakes and ladders.
but generally, train sets/ cars seem to appeal to most. i was about to suggest taking him to a playground until i read that you'll be in Ipoh, which i'm not very familiar with. some of my son's most enjoyable activities this jun holiday involves running amok with his friends at the playground, both indoor and outdoors. :001_302:

p.s. forgot to mention - jigsaw puzzles that you can do together

AugBoyz

my 4yo monster loves build with lego (in school) and megabloks (at home coz we dun have lego), love to mess ard with playdoh, is obsessed with doing the numbered dot-to-dot activity, crazy coloring n drawing. sometimes he love to bang on his play organ set or sit quietly n play with his construction toys or drag his grandmother/grandfather to play ball kicking inside the house. Sometimes he will go for a ride in his motorised bike in the house. No patient for jigsaw puzzle, half the time i m doing it for him lol Love books to bits, which i am the one "suffering" :D sometimes he can be extremely happy just running amok in the house n screaming his head off *faintz*

So u see, a 4yo can do many things, have to find out what kind of things ur nephew prefer. Is he an active or quiet boy?

jojoki

i dun really know him sad to say dat. thats y i want it to be special so that he will remember his nice and thoughful aunty from msia. hahaha!! i havent got a chance to ask my sis inlaw.. as fr my bro he will just tell me the usual boys stuffs lar. i think they noe am not working n dont want me to spend money on my nephew. But i only meet him once (when he was 7 mhts) we skype every now n then .. this is my 2nd time meeting him so i dun really know him...

AugBoyz

i dont really know him sad to say dat. thats y i want it to be special so that he will remember his nice and thoughful aunty from msia. hahaha!! i havent got a chance to ask my sis inlaw.. as fr my bro he will just tell me the usual boys stuffs . i think they know am not working n dont want me to spend money on my nephew. But i only meet him once (when he was 7 mhts) we skype every now n then .. this is my 2nd time meeting him so i dont really know him...
perhaps get him to bring some of his fav toys over to ur place?

CanCanMum

yup agree wif TingTY~~~, those Megablocks sets horr, Baber can sit there and play for hours. GOOD!!!!

other than that u need to find out wad cartoon character he likes, if not u buy oredi oso waste $$$$

and their favorite cartoon character can change berri fast!!! Last week like Thomas, next week like Ben 10 tat kind lOlzzzzz

CanCanMum

Baber likes piano though...................the only "toy" tat i havent bought for him coz its too expensive lOlzzzzz

he only got a chance to play at best denki stores those display sets :p