Playing cheat during confinement

babypris86

haha haha for me, I will normally forgot to eat and had my lunch and dinner and breakfast late.. so its means the food turn cold.. plus I even go shopping after 2 weeks

Yea during my confinement month i drank plenty of water instead of what chinese say must drink red date tea. i never believe that we cant drink water cos water is believed to be 'coolin' Water to me is impt to clear my body system.
As for shower, i shower almost everyday except raining days. Old folks believed that we shouldnt shower cos of the 'wind' that may enters our body. Its true if its in China cos china is cold and with water, u can get rhumatisium(spellin error) Hw can we not shower in SG with the hot & humid weather?!!!! Body hygiene is very impt to me esp if mummies r bf. (There is also herbs for us to shower to expell 'wind' in the body. Aft bath, ur body really feels hot to the extend u perspire. which i find it so ... ... cos whats the use of showering when we still perspire immediately aft bath! LOL.) Just dry your hair and body well after shower. NOT in air con room but in enclosed room without wind too. Aft ure 100% dried, on the air con.
Thank god i had a confinement nanny who is not those traditional kind. =.=

lonerjas

Ya lah in Sg muz bath lah so humid.. Make sure don bath cold water.. warm shld be fine. I wash hair every day oso.. I don bother lah.. I mux keep myself fresh for BB wat.

I oso secretly drink coke from the fridge in the middle of the nite when all is asleep. I need it badly.. I don like plain water so i don drink. Red dates drink i m force to drink 2 bottles a day ( red dates , longan with ginger juice ) Oh ya ginger juice in my drinks cos i don take ginger so thats the only way to coax me haha

tracyk

Haha... my MIL boiled the water with ginger for me to bath the first few times after my confinement (I didn't bathed at all the whole mth!).
Hair was itchy like mad!! But if you really do want to bath, boil the water with ginger first then bath with it when it is warm bah.. think it helps.
If you dun eat ginger, maybe you can "add" it in this way too! LOL!

January84

haha, my confinement was 40 days.

on day12 is my first bath and there after once every 5 days. Washed my hair on day 12 and blow dry straight after with martel applied on hairskin. My MIL almost killed me when she saw me covered my haor with towel! hahaha!

As my confinement was done ny my MIL, me have not much freedom to cheat,but i will still turn on the fan and stand infront for the wind! so humid! and i walk around without socks, only bedreoom slippers.

arent they funni, we deliver in air con room, slp in air con room the first 2-3 days b4 we discharge from hospital also..... hahah

Lol ya sg weather is so hot. i didnt bother to wear slipper or socks. infact i wore spagetti n shorts. got nagged by MIL but put up a good show. when she's at my pl, wear slipper wear long sleeve n pants. when she's gone, CHANGED! LOL. On air con in the living room, she chased me bac into my room. =.=!! I dislike confinement month the most! once i went shopping during my 10th day, she chased me bac home! ... ... ...!!!!...!!!! so its always the MIL be the bad person. lol...

January84

its for our own good la..... hahahhaha, donno whose body we are restin gour soul in, looks like MIL are more concern about my health status...

Celina

I really cheat alot, i think at this age. We wouldnt care and believe much in what elderly says. I find them too superstitious. I bathe and wash my hair aft the first week.

I go out shopping, secretly drink a lil cold water. aircon on 24/7. Wears spag and shorts and always wear mini skirt out.. I dun rest. I play MJ. Haha..

Its not the matter of generation gap but i think its more to whether we believe in our elderly or not. but seriously, i find many things abt confinement mth not sensible. well, confinement month is a month we should be comfortable n not feel restricted, and feel clean cos of Bf babies.
Seriously, i almost went into depression when mil keeps nagging n makin me do this n that. i think mil should understand pple who just gave birth, our emotions and the stress we get from our babies(esp 1st time moms) and not keep bugging us with what they think are right.

My confinement mth was quite bad. mil even told my nanny off. the nanny i got is actually very experienced (trained by hospital) and not those traditional kind. Nw i called her to book her for my 2nd bb, she kind of rejected my offer even i offer her 2.5k. 1stly, mil thinks my nanny charging me 2.2k for 1st child n does not do house work makes her pissed off n she jus bug her to do this n that. haiz! fed up!
So now, not wanting to get those aunties as my confinement nanny, got to call up TMC to look for confinement nanny. anyone tried TMC nanny b4?

January84

Its not the matter of generation gap but i think its more to whether we believe in our elderly or not. but seriously, i find many things abt confinement mth not sensible. well, confinement month is a month we should be comfortable n not feel restricted, and feel clean cos of Bf babies.
Seriously, i almost went into depression when mil keeps nagging n makin me do this n that. i think mil should understand pple who just gave birth, our emotions and the stress we get from our babies(esp 1st time moms) and not keep bugging us with what they think are right.
me got slight depression, cos my MIL also got many discouragement, esp BF, . .

she doesnt want to to BF so always tell ppl I got no milk at all!

me got slight depression, cos my MIL also got many discouragement, esp BF, . .

she doesnt want to to BF so always tell ppl I got no milk at all!
To me, i dont care abt Mil's say. baby is mine, i do what i think is right! just ignore her. so just dont bother abt her n go on with ur plans!

SH74

i did mine at my parents' plc. so can play cheat easily. hehe...

didnt wear slippers at home which confinement lady insisted to.

aft almost 2 weeks, i use tap water to wash my hair w/o my confinement lady's knowledge. 'cause confinement lady only prep enough herbal water for body bath.

then 'cause v hot, i ask my hubby bring me to nearby shopping mall to enjoy the aircon. use my hubby as excuse to go out. haha...

turn on aircon when really cannot tahan the heat. stand in front of fan. lastly, bring bb go SIR do his birthcert.

CanCanMum

my mum did my confinement for a week. She did for me the same way my grandma did for her. So cannot bathe, cannot wash hair, wear pants, socks, long sleeves. Can only clean the wounds. Strictly no fan no aircon cannot open windows.

but when my mil took over for the rest of the confinement, she did her way. Must bathe everyday with some brown herbs (boiling water okay, so i bathe and sweat together) , but strictly NO washing of hair until baby full month. Must drink her herbal wine everytime come out of bathroom. Can sleep with aircon on.
And i followed all orders and din play cheat...just scared.

SH74

wah... u v obedient. ur mom's method v strict leh. if me, sure go mad. such weather, how to tahan? sure v uncomfy.

but i think certain things hv to follow. my auntie told me no matter wat mus wear socks n slippers. if not, feet will become vvv dry. i bo chap 'cause v hot still mus wear socks n slippers. now my feet really v dry.

CanCanMum

eh? but my mil and mum both said that wearing socks and slippers prevents the cold 'qi' from entering the feet and into the body, will make yr feet painful or next time grow older will get rhumetism or something like that???

my mums method made me have rashes all over my thighs and arms after 2 or 3 days later, just all over! Red and patchy - and just multiply whenever i scratched!!! For i think 5 days leh!!! i dunno where the rashes came from ---must be heat rashes. Eirks!!! Now came to think of it sends shivers down my spine.

but i am still extremely grateful for what my mum has done for me because she has sacrificed 7 days of sleep to look after for my newborn coz she says it is tiring for me to wake up at night to feed him and since then she has been experiencing 'post babycare insomnia'. I wished she will recover soon.

SH74

ya... wear socks n slippers is to prevent the QI from entering our body. but really v hot alr lor (internally and externally). my auntie said last time she didnt wear socks n slippers. that's y now her feet vvv dry. ask me to wear but i really cannot tahan. wear a few days, give up.

i feel that ur mom's method dun think can work now. mayb her time still ok 'cause weather then not so hot. dun think any1 can tahan doing that for a month, sure kena heat rash until v jialat. i really peifu u can tahan for 5 days. i rem thru out pregnancy n during confinement period, i was practically perspiring every min, every sec, like nobody's biz.

so good, ur mom can help u take care at nite. i took care of my newborn almost thru out my confinement 'cause that stupid CL sick. told us only when we pick her up fr her daughter's plc. so irresponsible. think of it now still angry. really condemned.

after go thru the whole pregnancy n delivery, will appreciate our mothers even more. even got our own kids alr, our mothers r still so wei da, willing to sacrifice everything for our kids.