Please pray for my girl

Milan

My girl is hospitalised on friday. diagnosed urine infection with high white cells found. so worry now. nurse took her blood and urine for investigation, poke here and there. xin heng tong. worse still, doc says need to come back for ultrasound for follow ups. sign. right now, all i can do is wait, wait and wait for the results. at this moment, i need all dear mummies strength to help pray for my girls fast recovery. thanks :embarrassed:

candy_ian

hi, i can imagine the pain u feel when u see how your girl suffer, i experienced it when my DS was admitted for viral fever. it pains me to see him suffer morever as a healthcare worker i've always been doing those things to my patients but this time round seeing it happen to my son.
UTI is more commonly in girls as they have shorter urine tract, how old is your daughter? can give her more water to clear the urine n change her diaper more frequently n wash her groin area clean. follow ups r renal scans to check their kidneys. dun worry.. i'll b praying for your daughter's recovery.

Milan

Thanks. My girl 5 months old. they check the blood and says kidney is functioning well. ultrasound is to check the structure of the organs, something like that. sign. the doc advised us there's no need to give water below 6 mths but my mum think otherwise. i really don't know who to listen to sometimes.

about changing diapers, i did check with my mum since she's the one taking care of her and she says every 2 - 3 hrs she will change. i think it's quite all right.

candy_ian

they will do blood test to check the kidney function n scans to c the size of it. IMO there's no harm giving sips of water if she's on total formula. for me i didn't give any water despite all the bugging from my in law cos i was total bfding my son.

Ting

hi, hope your girl will recover soon.
take good care of yourself too.
as parents, seeing our lil ones ill, we r sure to feel the heartpain, even if its just normal fever or flu.
i see no harm in giving your girl some water to clear the urine.
i hv been giving pin water since NB (day 2 in fact) n she is doing fine with it.
as long as the amt u give is not overtaking or affecting her milk intake, i dun see any prob with that.
:)

uddermummy

hi milan, my niece had uti when she was a baby and we found out that one of the possible causes of uti is the incorrect washing of the genital area.

The proper way to clean the privates of your bb girl is to wipe from the vagina towards the anus so that the bacteria is wiped away from the uretha. Some pple, like my mum:nah:, wipe from the anus to the uretha, and this causes the bacteria from the anus to be deposited at the vagina area, and may lead to uti.

So you may wanna check with your mum the way she cleans up your girl? You may have to approach this gently with your mum cos your mum may think that you're blaming her. Cos my mum will get v defensive whenever i tell her not to use her method to wipe. She will insist that she is doing it the correct way, even though I was standing next to her all the while!

nurman02

Hi Milan mummy... My heart goes to u and baby gal...
Giving water below 6months should not be a problem... I gave my gal water when she's still 3 days old... my pedae encouraged to give water as she's suffering from mild jaundice... should be ok to feed her water as long as not too much... take care and may your baby gal have a speedy recovery...

apollo

Milan mummy, hope ur baby is doing fine now.. i understand hw u feel and hw wry u r now. in the meantime, u must take good care of ur health too. u must be healthy in order to take care of ur baby =)

CanCanMum

HI milan mummy~~~

will pray tat yr bb is ALL RIGHT AND everythings OK.

*hUgs* dun worry too much stay strong with your girl.....:wong19:

jazz_sofia

My girl is hospitalised on friday. diagnosed urine infection with high white cells found. so worry now. nurse took her blood and urine for investigation, poke here and there. xin lucky tong. worse still, doc says need to come back for ultrasound for follow ups. sign. right now, all i can do is wait, wait and wait for the results. at this moment, i need all dear mummies strength to help pray for my girls fast recovery. thanks :embarrassed:

*hugs*...i understand how u feel...my girl also had UTI (mild one) last year...and the doctor told me to give her plenty of water...she was also on antibiotic for 1 wk and another antibiotic to be applied on her genitals...she recovered and now is alright...i'll be praying for ur little princess' fast recovery...be strong:tsmile:

TANZHENZHI

Hi Milan, wishing your little girl a speedy recovery. *hugs* She'll be fine and alright soon! I pray for her.

nora23

Wish yr lil gal will b fine soon. Its ok to gv water to baby, I gave both my gals water eversince they were 3 days old.

kenxf_03

Hi Mummy Milan,

My heart really goes to u and truly understand ur pain right now..

Pls take good care of urself so that u can tk good care of ur baby gal too! Hope that ur gal will be fine soon and wish a speedy recovery for ur baby gal!

Tk care and lotsa of huggies!

Milan

Dear mummies, thanks for your encouragement and support.

My girl's blood result is negative after 48 hrs and it's a blessing. now just hope that urine result is good too, supposed to be out today, but somehow delay. sign sign.

need an advice. she need to come back for ultrasound for follow up and it's scheduled on 8 Feb at KK. As we'll be flying back to taiwan on 11 Feb for CNY, it's just a few days before, so i tot of bringing her to see her own pediatrician at Mt A for a early schedule in case her report shows some prob (hopefully not) and can detect early for treatment. is it all right to do that? what is your advise?

Milan

hi milan, my niece had uti when she was a baby and we found out that one of the possible causes of uti is the incorrect washing of the genital area.

The proper way to clean the privates of your baby girl is to wipe from the vagina towards the anus so that the bacteria is wiped away from the uretha. Some pple, like my mum:nah:, wipe from the anus to the uretha, and this causes the bacteria from the anus to be deposited at the vagina area, and may lead to uti.

So you may wanna check with your mum the way she cleans up your girl? You may have to approach this gently with your mum cos your mum may think that you're blaming her. Cos my mum will get very defensive whenever i tell her not to use her method to wipe. She will insist that she is doing it the correct way, even though I was standing next to her all the while!
sama sama my mum also very defensive when i told her. in the end, things happen loh. i sandwiched between her and my hubby. quite stressful. you know what i did, i ask the nurse to teach us (my mum, hubby and myself) the proper method to clean my girl buttock to prevent recurrence. ha ha

uddermummy

sama sama my mum also very defensive when i told her. in the end, things happen loh. i sandwiched between her and my hubby. quite stressful. you know what i did, i ask the nurse to teach us (my mum, hubby and myself) the proper method to clean my girl buttock to prevent recurrence. ha ha
the prob is my mum knows which is the correct way, but she will insist that she has used the correct way when actually she has used the wrong method. :nah: