Postnatal Jamu Massage

k-mom

hi.

is the promotion valid only during the fair?
went to their website and the promotional rates are not featured.
i took one of their brochures when i passed by the booth but i also mentioned it to them at the end of my session. and they gave me the rate quoted. they seemed to have more brochures are their spa. the promotion is called bun in the oven.

babymoon

Hi this is my 1st baby and my EDD is on 9 aug. So when should I book to ensure I'll have a slot? For Origins Jamu Massage, I read in their websites, said to book 2 mths in advance. What about freelance? Like mdm sheda and Farah mentioned in the forum?

BTW, Origins Jamu Massage. They do the massage at your house or?
hi spicymeimei, for origins jamu massage the malay lady go your house to massage. You can try to call them for the arrangment. Just say 2 mths lah, but normally they can arrange de.. :001_302:

mummy5

hi, spicymeimei.. the freelance lady is very cheap and they massage more then 1hrs u can choose to have a hard or soft massage usually for the 1st 3days their massage was so gentle, for my experience mdm sheda is very hardworking and she help me a lot during my confinement she will help u everything if u ask for it.. u can try and i like to hear a feedback about mdm sheda!!.. tks, and have a nice days

siohchong

Hi this is my 1st baby and my EDD is on 9 aug. So when should I book to ensure I'll have a slot? For Origins Jamu Massage, I read in their websites, said to book 2 mths in advance. What about freelance? Like mdm sheda and Farah mentioned in the forum?

BTW, Origins Jamu Massage. They do the massage at your house or?
yes they come to your place. it better to book early cos you will not want to scramble high & low last min. usually those popular massage lady get book up pretty fast. i was quite last min luckily they have the slot. my cousin wanted to book in Aug already left limited slots . i think maybe it because of promotions too...

chillychino

Hi, I'm a new comer here, my EDD is on Dec'09. Just curious, the massage is only meant for the tummy area right? How about face? ;p cos my face 'bloated' even now I'm only 5 months pregnant. Not sure will the bloatedness go away after give birth. And normally for Natural Delivery, how long after that then can we start the massage? How about C-Section?

tika

Hi, I'm a new comer here, my EDD is on Dec'09. Just curious, the massage is only meant for the tummy area right? How about face? ;p cos my face 'bloated' even now I'm only 5 months pregnant. Not sure will the bloatedness go away after give birth. And normally for Natural Delivery, how long after that then can we start the massage? How about C-Section?
For normal delivery, you can do the massage 2 - 3 days after you discharge from hospital. For csect, either 3 - 4 weeks after discharge from hosp OR when your wound has healed properly at least. If you want the ML to massage any part of you more than the rest, you can always request for it. My first ML massaged my head and face too. But her services were lousy. Her name is Mdm Khatijah. Not sure whether she's the same one mommies are talking about in some other thread.

I've decided to engage Origins Jamu Massage for this second pregnancy. Gonna request for Mdm Khalsom to be my masseuse. Am too skeptical to hire freelance MLs again after my Mdm Khatijah experience.

tika

Thanks tika. But I noticed quite afew recommend Mdm Khatijah as her rate is cheaper? Is Origins Jamu Massage good? Notice the package has 5, 7 and 10 days. Actually how many days are consider enough? And they come everyday or alternate days?

saw in this website
Singapore- Origins Jamu Massage - Jamu Postnatal Massage Package
no probs chillychino. :)

Yup plenty of ppl recommend Mdm Khatijah. I'm not sure whether she's the same woman who was my ML. Cheaper doesn't mean its good. :p Good doesn't mean its cheap too.

I'll be scheduling for a massage end of September. I'll update you on my experience with them. When is your delivery date?

Its something similar to...the more you exercise, the more you lose weight. The more days you spend on postnatal massages, the better. Some of my well-to-do friends booked more than 10 sessions. They didn't want to stop until they saw visible results. And of cos results vary with individuals. Some only need 5 days...some 14...some will only do 3 days cos they can't stand the tummy wrap. lol.

no probs chillychino. :)

Yup plenty of ppl recommend Mdm Khatijah. I'm not sure whether she's the same woman who was my ML. Cheaper doesn't mean its good. :p Good doesn't mean its cheap too.

I'll be scheduling for a massage end of September. I'll update you on my experience with them. When is your delivery date?

Its something similar to...the more you exercise, the more you lose weight. The more days you spend on postnatal massages, the better. Some of my well-to-do friends booked more than 10 sessions. They didn't want to stop until they saw visible results. And of cos results vary with individuals. Some only need 5 days...some 14...some will only do 3 days cos they can't stand the tummy wrap. lol.
hi tika,,
how long you book in advance for the postnatal massage? were you recommeded to take mdm karlsom service?

i took her service last year, was good i must admit... me now pregnant again for dec... still deciding whether to use their service cos i have budget constrains now not working anymore so my hubb ask me not to spend too much....
sigh... i really like their service but tore between $$ and benefits?????
i agree with you cheap doesnt mean good.... some other forum i go also has bad exp with mdm kathijah ... not sure is it the same one though???

tika

hi tika,,
how long you book in advance for the postnatal massage? were you recommeded to take mdm karlsom service?

i took her service last year, was good i must admit... me now pregnant again for dec... still deciding whether to use their service cos i have budget constrains now not working anymore so my hubb ask me not to spend too much....
sigh... i really like their service but tore between $$ and benefits?????
i agree with you cheap doesnt mean good.... some other forum i go also has bad exp with mdm kathijah ... not sure is it the same one though???

Hmmm.. i think to be safe (or kiasu), you should call them 2 months in advance. I booked mine 1 month before delivery date. Thing is I am going for csect, so it'll be another 3 weeks after my delivery date before I can be massaged.

Yup I was recommended by a friend. Plus, they have testimonials on Mdm Khalsom on their website.

I'm also on a budget actually. I'm a stay home mom and hubby is sole breadwinner. After surfing and doing my own research on postnatal websites, I find Origins Jamu to be the cheapest. They have a promo going on currently. I told my hubby, I'm willing to not spend on any new clothes if I can engage Mdm Khalsom's service. :p Maybe you can strike the same deal with your hubby?

tika

And they come everyday or alternate days?
They are flexible really. You can request for everyday or alternate days. If they think everyday is better then they will inform you. But ultimately, its your choice. :)

I prefer mine to be everyday. Like more shiok like that.

hey babymoon i,m also due in oct n also looking for jamu massage after delivery. was glad to read abt ur post. hmmm wld like to ask further any mummies who have tried both post natal massage by origins jamu( mdm latifah) n mdm sheda ( hougang area) recommended in this forum? i,m more or less decided on engaing either one of these 2 massage ladies svc. unstd from e forum for normal delivery we can start e massage sessions after 3-4 days after delivery rite n c sect abt 1mth after. the thing is i,m gona opt for noraml delivery but my question is 1) hw do we tell e massage lasdy when to start e 1st massage session as we most o e time we will nt deliver on e actual date? do we book her 1st n call her after delivery? 2) wat if it turn out to b emergency c sect can we change e original booking date ???? sorry but dun realli noe hw this jamu thing works. thks to all

oh ya to add on nw origins jamu is currently having promo 7 sessions @$510. m interested to take up this package if e response is gd abt origins jamu. btw ask for mdm latifah rite when we book e package? any 1 has any idea when will e promo ends ? cse will book once my earlier post has been answered. pls kindly advise.

stonston

For normal delivery, you can do the massage 2 - 3 days after you discharge from hospital. For csect, either 3 - 4 weeks after discharge from hospital OR when your wound has healed properly at least. If you want the ML to massage any part of you more than the rest, you can always request for it. My first ML massaged my head and face too. But her services were lousy. Her name is Mdm Khatijah. Not sure whether she's the same one mommies are talking about in some other thread.

I've decided to engage Origins Jamu Massage for this second pregnancy. Gonna request for Mdm Khalsom to be my masseuse. Am too skeptical to hire freelance MLs again after my Mdm Khatijah experience.
Hi, just curious why you find Mdm Khatijah lousy (her HP no 98XXXXX4)?
Cos I engaged her in Jan 2007 & have been recommending her to my friends the past few years. All my friends gave positive comments & enjoyed her massage (some even extended their packages). My colleague who just delivered last week also engaged her & SMS me to tell me she enjoyed the massage alot too.

If I'm preggie again I'm quite sure I'll be engaging her again, so want to know what is the negative feedback. I've read on forum that she changes appt & sometimes cancel appt but I personally think that's quite normal as long as she does not cancel more than once or twice for your package duration when you are the sole breadwinner & you need to attend to family things (I mean our hb also have the right to take leave & attend to our families right?).

Hmmm.. i think to be safe (or kiasu), you should call them 2 months in advance. I booked mine 1 month before delivery date. Thing is I am going for csect, so it'll be another 3 weeks after my delivery date before I can be massaged.

Yup I was recommended by a friend. Plus, they have testimonials on Mdm Khalsom on their website.

I'm also on a budget actually. I'm a stay home mom and hubby is sole breadwinner. After surfing and doing my own research on postnatal websites, I find Origins Jamu to be the cheapest. They have a promo going on currently. I told my hubby, I'm willing to not spend on any new clothes if I can engage Mdm Khalsom's service. :p Maybe you can strike the same deal with your hubby?
so you are c sect end of sept and your massage will start in Oct? do give us your feedback again,, ya i know their slots always very fast taken up especially with the promotion...
Hmm i need to talk to my hubb again cos i dont really buy new clothes is only hospital fees etc can be quite a fair bit... hehe but i really want to have postnata service cos can see effect the 1st one... afte 2nd one think i close shop so dont do next time no chance,,haha hope my hubb agrees...

hey babymoon i,m also due in oct and also looking for jamu massage after delivery. was glad to read about your post. hmmm wld like to ask further any mummies who have tried both post natal massage by origins jamu( mdm latifah) and mdm sheda ( hougang area) recommended in this forum? i,m more or less decided on engaing either one of these 2 massage ladies svc. unstd from e forum for normal delivery we can start e massage sessions after 3-4 days after delivery rite and c sect about 1mth after. the thing is i,m gona opt for noraml delivery but my question is 1) hw do we tell e massage lasdy when to start e 1st massage session as we most o e time we will not deliver on e actual date? do we book her 1st and call her after delivery? 2) what if it turn out to b emergency c sect can we change e original booking date ???? sorry but dont really know hw this jamu thing works. thks to all

pinkkitty - natural is around a week .. oh the last time i took origins, you just need to inform them after deliver and they will arrange when to start for you. no need worry about date. when i had my massage the last time, i heard mdm lathifa also very popular but actually i think most of their massage lady is good cos mdm karlsom mention they have to go thru company training before they start work even though they have many yrs experience cos their boss quite strict, those who can do a good job then can start work, if not they have to keep go for training.

oh ya to add on now origins jamu is currently having promo 7 sessions @$510. m interested to take up this package if e response is good about origins jamu. btw ask for mdm latifah rite when we book e package? any 1 has any idea when will e promo ends ? cse will book once my earlier post has been answered. pls kindly advise.

can update me when their promo ends when you enquire cos i still got some time before commit. hee hope to hear all of your feedback before i decides again....

tks tks