Reboiled water for milk bottle?

sassylady

hello ladies.

recently came to know that you cant use water that has been reboiled to make bottles for the baby.

my sister told me this and i have no idea about it. i did a search and there has been mixed replies about it. some say can some say cannot.

does anyone know anything about this? please enlighten this for me. thanks!

Phoebii Cheng

For us that time we use airpot...so after the water is boiled and let's say we turn off oredi, we just pour out the water & boil a new one

I am not sure why cannot reboil though, but to me, once water is boiled don't have to reboil again

yeah. i heard from my mil that reboiled water contains a chemical that is not good for babies. forgot what chemical also.. haha but i nv heard of it till my mil mentioned bout this thing. after that i tried to avoid giving my son reboiled water..

sassylady

i heard it from my sister as she has recently given birth.

i didn't know that reboiled water is not good for the baby. i read about it online and they told me it's not advisable to use reboiled water for making bottles.

oh dear. i better pay more attention to this when my next baby comes along.

i dont know anything about making bottles with reboiled water until i chance upon this.

i only know if you reboil water too many times there will be this weird taste to it. maybe its the chemicals that you all talk about? hmm.

i better tell my sister not to use reboiled water to make bottles. but then again when we are young im sure we all drank bottles made from reboiled water.

i guess time has changed. kids these days are not as strong during my time.

sassylady

yes! i guess kids these days are not as strong as they were during my generation. nothing dirty if not they'll fall sick easily.

and i read somewhere that certain hot water bottles, when the water temperature drops to a certain level, they will automatically reboil the water again to maintain the temperature.

Ting

sry i dun understand what is make bottles?
uhhhh u mean using reboiled water to make milk for babies?
ppl dun reboil the water cos of the nitrates (correct me if im wrong). well, it wont kill your baby, just that it is not healthy on the long run.
not bcos the kids r not as strong as any other gens, i myself find it no logic abt kids health being diff in any gen. only thing i agree is kids r smarter nowadays as compared to the past due to diff exposure.

make bottle refers to making milk for the baby.

i dont really know about the chemicals in reboiled water. i only heard that it's not good for the bb in the long run.

but then again, as parents we are more protective of our children now that they are not exposed to what we were exposed to during growing up. that sure makes a little difference i guess.

sassylady

i think at the end of the day we should all just pay attention to what water we use to make the bottles.

better safe then sorry.

i dont know if reboiled water is good or not. from the online sites i saw it's recommended not to use reboiled water.

since i told my sister about this, she has been using freshly boiled water to make the bottles instead.

quite the hassle i must say but well. it's better say than sorry i guess.

hello ladies.

recently came to know that you cant use water that has been reboiled to make bottles for the baby.

my sister told me this and i have no idea about it. i did a search and there has been mixed replies about it. some say can some say cannot.

does anyone know anything about this? please enlighten this for me. thanks!
I don't know what's the catch about this but, when I was helping my mom with taking care of new born baby brother, the water we had used for sterilizing the baby bottles was poured out after it was used just for one time and used new water whenever we sterilized the bottles..

sassylady

i think it's the help kill the germs that may have settled on the unused bottles?

the confinement lady for my sister did that as well before making the bottles and my sister followed suit when preparing the bottles now.

together with ensuring that the water used is freshly boiled, this is quite the hassle because now we have to ensure there's a constant supply of freshly boiled water.

thats y my mum told me not to buy electric airpot. she say it will keep reboilling when the temperature goes down. and its very bad. she told me if you notice. there will be a layer of "oil like" onto on the water when u open ur airpot. i think that's the plastic or the chemicals cos keep reboilling?

im using manual airpot. can store hot water 24hrs, then pour away and pour new one in.

sassylady

oh. is that the reason why? i don't know. had a taste of reboiled water today accidentally and it has a weird taste that poured away the cup.

my mother uses the old school kinda thermal flask that helps keep the water warm. needs to boil new batches of hot water if needed because the water in the flask is usually warm instead of being hot.

i accidentally drank some reboiled water today and thought of this thread.

i think indirectly it'll affect the taste of the water used to make the milk bottle since it was a metallic? taste to it?

been looking for a thermal pot that keeps the water warm and does not simply reboil the water when the temperature of the water drops.

anyone has any recommendations?

sassylady

hmm. was out shopping the other day and saw this eco thermal pot whereby it only boils hot water you need it so that the water would taste weird.

and i think it's having a promotion now if i can remember correctly.

will go check out the pot again and update you mummies again. :)

eco thermal pot?

can you share with me more about this? my family is looking for one and we would like to know more if you got more information.

been looking around for one and so far we haven't found one that is to our liking.

sassylady

i went back looking for the eco thermal pot but it was sold out already! gosh.

hopefully they will bring in new stock for it. apparently it's good. will update you ladies again! now i'm even more determined to get one. hahaha.