relatives like to compare!

stonston

tink ur relatives must get a taste of it to know tt u r not nice to mess with.
my relatives noe tt me n my hb not nice to mess with so they keep their comments to themselves unless it's compliments :)

pink_daisy

all aunties from the older generation like to compare n they always feel their own child is the best. they just wan to let other ppl know their child is the best n even if they know in their heart their own child is not the best, they still wan to make believe tat their own child is the best. ignore wat they said.. n yes, during confinement, u r not supposed to touch water.. i wasnt even allow to wash the dishes n cups after i finished my meal..is some kinda old myths again so don be bothered abt wat they said.. u must take good care of your health n build up your health during tis period. next time, if u do encounter such 'comparsions epsiodes', tell them nobody is perfect, between/ among u n tis anutie tat auntie, who u tink is prettier/ smarter? ask tis rite infront of all the aunties n see wat they say (abt their own siblings)...let them fight among themselves!

apollo

tink your relatives must get a taste of it to know that you are not nice to mess with.
my relatives know that me and my husband not nice to mess with so they keep their comments to themselves unless it's compliments :)
hw i wish i can be like u... my hubby & bro often say i too timid alrdy tt's y everyone keep "target" at me... :embarrassed:

apollo

all aunties from the older generation like to compare and they always feel their own child is the best. they just want to let other ppl know their child is the best and even if they know in their heart their own child is not the best, they still want to make believe that their own child is the best. ignore what they said.. and yes, during confinement, you are not supposed to touch water.. i wasnt even allow to wash the dishes and cups after i finished my meal..is some kinda old myths again so dont be bothered about what they said.. you must take good care of your health and build up your health during tis period. next time, if you do encounter such 'comparsions epsiodes', tell them nobody is perfect, between/ among you and tis anutie that auntie, who you tink is prettier/ smarter? ask tis rite infront of all the aunties and see what they say (about their own siblings)...let them fight among themselves!
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! like that you also can think of ah??? salute u lo!!!:tlaugh:

pink_daisy

hahaha!! coz my mil likes to compare my son with one of the aunties' grandson.... cannot compare kids so compare grandkids!!!...... really hate it..

uddermummy

husband doesn't tell pple off when his family compares or talks crap abt bb.

now that bb is chubby, his side can actually say ' so short ah'? can faint.

if i talk back, i'm like the unfilial dil. sigh.

so i bo pian, just listen and ignore. and then think of all the nasty things i want to do to them. *evil laughter*

uddermummy

aiyo...then i have this sister In law that whatever she sees that i have, if hubby got it for me, she will also ask my hubby to buy one for her...last your hubby gave me diamond ring for bday and a set of crabtree and evelyn thingy (soap, lotion, powder etc...)...when she saw, she commented : waaah, your lucky my bro likes to pamper you...wow, he got you a diamond ring!!! (eyes wide open)...then to my hubby: i also want ring like that, buy one for me also...if she sees anything new in my wardrob...shoes, skirt, slippers, blouse...even perfume...she ask if my hubby got it for me, or where i got it, as she will definately buy one the same, or more expensive...then will wear it, and would comment that she got it first, that i just follow her fashion...sigh.
wah, and ur hubby really buys for his sis???

hueychye79

hw i wish i can be like you... my hubby & bro often say i too timid alrdy that's why everyone keep "target" at me... :embarrassed:
'Sayang'...

I have friend in Malaysia, she have 3 sons..

Every time when I go back to Ipoh, cannot praise her son.. (my friend very pantang type)

Must say the opposite thing..

Example, if I feel her son very cute I must say ugly.. :001_302:

So, I think you can set you mind when your relative keep compare means they jealous and more they compare the better is your son.. lol :tlaugh:

apollo

husband doesn't tell pple off when his family compares or talks crap about baby.

now that baby is chubby, his side can actually say ' so short '? can faint.

if i talk back, i'm like the unfilial daughter in law. sigh.

so i bo pian, just listen and ignore. and then think of all the nasty things i want to do to them. *evil laughter*
sometimes becos of dun wanna be lable as "unfilial" most of the time gonna keep quiet...:embarrassed:

apollo

'Sayang'...

I have friend in Malaysia, she have 3 sons..

Every time when I go back to Ipoh, cannot praise her son.. (my friend very pantang type)

Must say the opposite thing..

Example, if I feel her son very cute I must say ugly.. :001_302:

So, I think you can set you mind when your relative keep compare means they jealous and more they compare the better is your son.. lol :tlaugh:
haha yalo yalo.. bo bian have to think this way to make myself feel better... i only scare next time when my boy grow up, he'll feel uncomfortable too when ppl keep take him and others to compare...

Stan

haha yalo yalo.. bo bian have to think this way to make myself feel better... i only scare next time when my boy grow up, he'll feel uncomfortable too when ppl keep take him and others to compare...
Hey Regina! how are you?! congrats ...

Sigh....now compare milk powder is a start only.. next time will compare more things and throughout one!!!

i have a cousin born in the same year as me....
young that time her mother like to compare height and weight (always say i very skinny when is her precious daughter FAT!!)....
then in secondary compare school results (even if her results suck)...
when graduated, she will compare where we work
then a few years back, compare our spouse's jobs and wedding venues cos my cousin and 1 got married in the same year.....
All these years my mum cannot be bothered.... cos my mum says: aiyo... everyone know who is better, no need to compare one!! hehehe....

Last edited:

jazz_sofia

wah, and your hubby really buys for his sis???

no lah...if its those chepos one, he will get...but those he said "special", he will get only for wifey (hahaha)...one time SIL complained...bec she wants the same watch that hubby got me for anniv...hubby said: "ok...u buy for urself first bec i dun have money now, then when i have money, will pay u"...for 2 mos SIL didnt talk to me, but talk "not nice thng" abt me to other relatives...haiz.

i also have relatives like somewhat like to compare.

when they were invited for first mth at my hm, we had buffet catering.
I stayed inside the rm with bb girl, cus outside very noisy.

One by one, came in and ask me, some ask : y nv feed bm?
problem is i tried with pump and she sucking still no milk, cus i stopped for 2 days without latching her. (due to family ask me dun bf)
worst : they illustrate how their daughters or dil have abundant bm, which makes u feel even sadder

apollo

Hey Regina! how are you?! congrats ...

Sigh....now compare milk powder is a start only.. next time will compare more things and throughout one!!!

i have a cousin born in the same year as me....
young that time her mother like to compare height and weight (always say i very skinny when is her precious daughter FAT!!)....
then in secondary compare school results (even if her results suck)...
when graduated, she will compare where we work
then a few years back, compare our spouse's jobs and wedding venues cos my cousin and 1 got married in the same year.....
All these years my mum cannot be bothered.... cos my mum says: aiyo... everyone know who is better, no need to compare one!! hehehe....
haha thks thks..

i agree now is just a start only... they next time sure will compare results de!!

my wedding was quite not bad, thosedishes... then they can say we "waste" money wor!!! if we order those cheap cheap de they will sure say cheap rite?? so contradicting!!!!

apollo

i also have relatives like somewhat like to compare.

when they were invited for first month at my hm, we had buffet catering.
I stayed inside the rm with baby girl, cus outside very noisy.

One by one, came in and ask me, some ask : why never feed breast milk?
problem is i tried with pump and she sucking still no milk, cus i stopped for 2 days without latching her. (due to family ask me dont bf)
worst : they illustrate how their daughters or daughter in law have abundant breast milk, which makes you feel even sadder
i hate it when people aske me if i'm breastfeeding anot and when i say only few times per day then they keep say i got no milk la, blah blah blah......... wonder why they so kaypo...

sometimes some ppl tend to be "guan xin" abt us bf-ing babies but they dunno that by keep asking and asking, it actually add on pressure to us...:embarrassed:

Ashbaby

aiyo...then i have this sister In law that whatever she sees that i have, if hubby got it for me, she will also ask my hubby to buy one for her...last your hubby gave me diamond ring for bday and a set of crabtree and evelyn thingy (soap, lotion, powder etc...)...when she saw, she commented : waaah, your lucky my bro likes to pamper you...wow, he got you a diamond ring!!! (eyes wide open)...then to my hubby: i also want ring like that, buy one for me also...if she sees anything new in my wardrob...shoes, skirt, slippers, blouse...even perfume...she ask if my hubby got it for me, or where i got it, as she will definately buy one the same, or more expensive...then will wear it, and would comment that she got it first, that i just follow her fashion...sigh.
My cousin is like tt haha. My HB bought me a LV, then he also ask her HB to buy her a LV. Cannot stand it man. When I say I wanna go some countires for holiday she will also haolian say will go too.

These pple just cannot make it. :mmad:

snowbear

yup, when there's someone available to compare with, pp will definitely compare. Dunno why. Compare size, amt of hair, wt, ht, development in terms of meeting milestones, can say how many words already..... I think pp ought to learn that everyone is unique in his/her way.

kohym

Alpha Male
i hate those folks who compare. i grew up always being compared to other cousins so i know the feeling is not good.

one way is to laugh it off and act blur (think smart!). when you laugh it off, pple dunno if you agree/disagree and end up, they give up. until now i still use this method on those Kaypoh relatives, very effective!

good luck.

jazz_sofia

My cousin is like that haha. My husband bought me a LV, then he also ask her husband to buy her a LV. Cannot stand it man. When I say I wanna go some countires for holiday she will also haolian say will go too.

These pple just cannot make it. :mmad:
yeah, i dunno with people like this thinking...when she asked how i budget, i say im practical one, and will not go to grocery without list, then she'll say: yes, yes, im practical person too...and im very good with budgeting...my hubby even surprised how i handle money, he say im smart mom..."...but when she talked to my friend, she said, she doesnt know how to budget. what she knows is if its more expensive, its better...she told her friend, that her family cant drink water if its not distilled/mineral...but when i told her that im just sterilizing water, she said, she also sterilize water, as its better...dunno which is which :nah:

pkshl

hi regina, im also giving my son friso because friso is soy-based & more digestable, in fact my gf told me that similac is sweet & baby dun like to drink water, this is what happened to her baby, so she advised me to feed my son friso cos she also changed to friso.

as for the comparing part thingy, im sure after my SIL(inlaws daughter) gave birth, they sure compare my son with her son. but anywae i wont b bothered by their comments.

after i gave birth, my mil & mum kept saying my son is small. until 1day i cant stand it anymore, i scolded my mum, told her bb is pantang, so stop saying he small! as for mil, hb dealed with her, only den she shut up & said nice things abt my son.

i cant stop them from making such comments afterall is their mouth, so 1ear in 1 ear out for me. i dun bother abt such ignorant ppl. even my bro & wife also told me dun care so much abt my mum's comments, juz rest more during confinement.