single parent support group

Ting

hi liang`jia, though u r seperated with your ex hubby, but i think he stills see your son right?

Ting

maybe if can, ask ya ex to come visit your son more often.
let them keep that bond. :)

Evon

hi, i am a single mummy to be too. i am currently 16 weeks. i don intend to get marry too cos find that my bf is still not stable enough to talke care of me and my bb. i am also thankful to my father as he is also very supportive to me. hope can meet the single parents here...:tlaugh:

SunShine07

maybe if can, ask ya ex to come visit your son more often.
let them keep that bond. :)
ya, i agreed on this too. But whenever he come and see ds, he would always ask me to go back to him which i really dun wan. And it makes me very stressed whenever i meet him, end up we would quarrel and he would keep saying that i am selfish.

stupidyeye

hi, i am a single mummy to be too. i am currently 16 weeks. i dont intend to get marry too cos find that my bf is still not stable enough to talke care of me and my baby. i am also thankful to my father as he is also very supportive to me. hope can meet the single parents here...:tlaugh:

hihi...hmm...do mind asking u how old???a single mum really must thank their parent i guess...coz parent is still e one behind us......

tcare

Very good. With family support will definitely make you stronger. I am very happy for you. As for me , I did not mention this to anyone in my family yet. Maybe until the divorce kickoff. Now only waiting to process.... But do not worry abt me, I am an old lady thus financially still ok. Can support 2 kids. As you say gt porridge eat porridge, got rice eat rice lor.. me also think that but my kids are already used to comfortable live. Now is time to tune them back to reality while I am the sole breadwinner for my family (me & my 2 children)....

stupidyeye

Very good. With family support will definitely make you stronger. I am very happy for you. As for me , I did not mention this to anyone in my family yet. Maybe until the divorce kickoff. Now only waiting to process.... But do not worry about me, I am an old lady thus financially still ok. Can support 2 kids. As you say gt porridge eat porridge, got rice eat rice .. me also think that but my kids are already used to comfortable live. Now is time to tune them back to reality while I am the sole breadwinner for my family (me & my 2 children)....

hmm...no worry...just be truth to ur kids..i'm sure dey will understand de....jiayou

Ting

ya, i agreed on this too. But whenever he come and see dear son, he would always ask me to go back to him which i really dont want. And it makes me very stressed whenever i meet him, end up we would quarrel and he would keep saying that i am selfish.

may i know why u seperated from your hubby?
if tt's the case, then maybe u shld sit down n talk it out with him.
tell him since alr seperated n u r very firm abt it, then tell him to pls stop making things so difficult cos u wish to maintain a gd r/s with him for your son. or maybe when its his turn to see your son, u leave with him for tt few hrs at his place then pick him up after tt?
then u wont have to face him.

SunShine07

may i know why you seperated from your hubby?
if that's the case, then maybe you shld sit down and talk it out with him.
tell him since already seperated and you are very firm about it, then tell him to pls stop making things so difficult cos you wish to maintain a good are/s with him for your son. or maybe when its his turn to see your son, you leave with him for that few hours at his place then pick him up after that?
then you wont have to face him.
Ya, i think that is the only solution. But he can't even take care of my son, dun even know how to make milk for him. Can't leave my son there with him for few hours, the most I hour :p

Ting

hmmmm, maybe u prepare it for him in the containers (like those u bring out when shopping)
then just tell him to aga the temp of water just add the FM in?

actually, to me, making milk is quite a common sense kinda thing leh.

SunShine07

hmmmm, maybe you prepare it for him in the containers (like those you bring out when shopping)
then just tell him to aga the temp of water just add the FM in?

actually, to me, making milk is quite a common sense kinda thing .
for him to take care of my son, difficult loh. He can only play with him, taking care? no no:nah: anyway, see how is goes, anyway he dun really come and see him every week also

pix

what is the appropriate frequency of visits for the ex? i am going thru the whole "thingy" with my soon-to-be-ex, and not too sure how often and long he is allowed to visit the girls. i'm also concerned if he will bring the "other woman" to join them. my family, who's now really really angry at him said not to let him see them, or the most once a fortnight. But some lawyers had advised that the children will need to spend time with the father. any advise?

Ting

i think it depends on how your lawyer fight for u.
try to make it reasonable so that your lawyer can try to get what u want from the judge. best is to get your lawyer to advise you on that. :)

babymummy

I really salute to all single mummies...
I personally got married becos of the baby.. My family doesnt allow to have child without the father..
I guess all mummies here struugle alot with own family members to have the child without daddy..
Im Facing alot of problems with hubby and his family..
I really hate his family members.. they just keep on creating trouble..
Im 36 weeks preggy now.. and thinking of getting a divorce ...
i should have stay firm that i dont want to get married.. Thinking of it, i should struggle during the initial stage and might be able to get blessing from my family eventually than to keep everything to myself and make myself suffer...
I have wasted alot of tears on that jerk who just said to me that : "Ok, we shall settle our thing after baby is out"..
He wants to snatch my child away from me ? = fat hope..
I have carry the baby myself..
He didnt give me the support since day 1.. his family member have not given me the support either....
They only know how to make me stress !!! when i have bleeding in the first trimester, i was so afraid and crying, i called hubby up (BF at that time), i only get scolding from him becos he is sleeping..
When i need rest , his mother only know how to make me get up and do things !!!
they make my wedding day a nightmare for me !
Until now, i can manage to keep my baby safe, is becos of my own family's support !
I just hate them.
They are just making use of me to make a child for their fun !

Last edited: