Slightly sick

Verona's

Hey mummies i need some help,
My baby is slightly sick do i need to bring her to see the doc ? She will cough but not always just a lil & she have a lil cold i think , i saw mucus coming out , cough already 2 days but not bothering her , her cold is a bit bothering her .. She just have her injection 4 days ago . What do i need to do ? :) Thanks !!

candy_ian

It's actually up to individual, for me if it's not v serious that's disturbing bb sleep or milk n with no fever I'll observe n if it's flu I'll use chest rubs n let bb overcome the bug but if there's no improvement I'll bring bb to pd cos I'm not really keen in feeding him with medications but dun want to take risk as well.

ohstrawberry

My boy also down with running nose and cough after injection.His injection was last friday, got slight fever on sat and sun. Then started coughing this thur. Had brought him to see GP on fri, given medicine for cough and phlegm. Today a bit feverish. So far no improvement yet, will observe and consider bringing him to his pediatrician if doesn't improve by mon. Haiz, weather also very bad, saw alot of babies falling sick........ Hope they get well soon.

apollo

if the cough n flu is just a lil bit and not always disturbing her, is okay not to bring her to doc.

unless her mucus keep dripping, and she cough quite alot. if not u can observe her for 2 more days. hmm if by mon still no improve or even get worsen den bring her to see a pd or sth =)

Verona's

Hmm alrights i think i will observe her first , was quite worried .. Mil , hubby was sick , me myself also fall sick 2 days ago hais .. She felt irritated when i rub her mucus away her mucus is watery & transparent .. I am afraid because baby will be quite weak cannot fight with virus but hubby say okay as long as she nv fuss .. :) thanks all !

apollo

Hmm alrights i think i will observe her first , was quite worried .. mother in law , hubby was sick , me myself also fall sick 2 days ago hais .. She felt irritated when i rub her mucus away her mucus is watery & transparent .. I am afraid because baby will be quite weak cannot fight with virus but hubby say okay as long as she never fuss .. :) thanks all !
dun wry.. actu most of the time, they can fight some virus on thier own. sometimes when ds was ill, we brought him to hispd and he said ds has sore infection, but he only gave him medi for cough and flu which are more 'serious' and told us to just let the throat recover on its own. sometimes he got very slight flu, we were also told to observe 1st instead of feeding him medi immediately. sometimes it will go away sometimes it will worsen which is the time we will start to gif him medi =)

Verona's

Hey mummies i observed that her breathing is loud when sleeping i think her nose is slightly blocked am afraid she can't breath while sleeping :-( don't dare to sleep now .. is there anything i can do ?

Verona's

Hey mummies i observed that her breathing is loud when sleeping i think her nose is slightly blocked am afraid she can't breath while sleeping :-( dont't dare to sleep now .. is there anything i can do ?

Ting

i think quite naturally for human, if u cant breathe thru your nose u will breathe thru your mouth....
uhhh, u can apply some cherry chest rub on her chest n back.
also apply on the soles of her feet n cover with socks.
make sure she wears clothes that cover her knees n shoulders n dont on the aircon cos it will make things worst.
if u find that it is hindering her slp, just bring her to the doc for some flu medication.

Phoebii Cheng

Yup agree with Ting, don't on the aircon for the moment....if your daughter finding it difficult to sleep, mayb you might want to bring her to the PD so tht they can give you the nose drop to "melt" the mucus

Verona's

That night was terrible , i can't sleep well neither is she .. She used her mouth to breath but i think she is not use to it thats why she woke up .. The next day i bring her to the doc , doc say she is actually quite fine can actually be cure naturally but he still give me some med to make her sleep better . But i realised after she eat the med she cough till more jialat got phlegm somemore :( Can i give more water than usual ? Anyway i nv turn on aircon in the night , hubby don't like & my nose are sensitive will get sick easily .. I wore socks for her , as i feel that her feets are cold ..

Anything i should take note ? Anyway how to u all feed ur baby medicine , she is only 4 month + now still drinking milk .. I got the syrin? from the doc , she can't swallow at all , i using milk teats to let her suck in the medicine ..

Thanks Mummies for giving me advice , am very worried because its her first time getting sick .. :(

stonston

My criteria to bring my son to doc (any one of the following):
1. Fever
2. Difficulty breathing
3. Lethargy/inactive (not normal self)
4. Yellow/Green mucus

If it's mild runny nose/cough, then just keep warm, more fluids.
Even if I bring to doc for minor illness, the doc wont give meds, just ask us to monitor & give more water.

apollo

Hey mummies i observed that her breathing is loud when sleeping i think her nose is slightly blocked am afraid she can't breath while sleeping :-( dont't dare to sleep now .. is there anything i can do ?
can she drink her milk? if she can suckle her milk well, or still can suckle pacifier, means is okay even if she breathe thru her mouth. but if she got pro in drinking milk, as in suckle abit, push the bottle away and use her mouth to breathe, means her nose is badly blocked and u hav to bring her to a pd immediately.

That night was terrible , i can't sleep well neither is she .. She used her mouth to breath but i think she is not use to it thats why she woke up .. The next day i bring her to the doc , doc say she is actually quite fine can actually be cure naturally but he still give me some med to make her sleep better . But i realised after she eat the med she cough till more jialat got phlegm somemore :( Can i give more water than usual ? Anyway i never turn on aircon in the night , hubby dont't like & my nose are sensitive will get sick easily .. I wore socks for her , as i feel that her feets are cold ..

Anything i should take note ? Anyway how to you all feed your baby medicine , she is only 4 month + now still drinking milk .. I got the syrin? from the doc , she can't swallow at all , i using milk teats to let her suck in the medicine ..

Thanks Mummies for giving me advice , am very worried because its her first time getting sick .. :(
some medi is to let the baby 'get rid' of the phelgm. some might vomit the phelgm out while some will pas thru poo.

use a syringe to feeed medi. feed bit by bit. if she nd to take 1ml medi, shoot into her mouth by 3-4x. shoot 0.2 - 0.3ml medi at a time in case she spit out, and make sure she swallow the medi b4 shooting in again. if she can drink milk, means she can swallow. maybe she just not used to the taste of the medi =)

Verona's

can she drink her milk? if she can suckle her milk well, or still can suckle pacifier, means is okay even if she breathe thru her mouth. but if she got pro in drinking milk, as in suckle abit, push the bottle away and use her mouth to breathe, means her nose is badly blocked and you hav to bring her to a pediatrician immediately.

some medi is to let the baby 'get rid' of the phelgm. some might vomit the phelgm out while some will pas thru poo.

use a syringe to feeed medi. feed bit by bit. if she need to take 1ml medi, shoot into her mouth by 3-4x. shoot 0.2 - 0.3ml medi at a time in case she spit out, and make sure she swallow the medi before shooting in again. if she can drink milk, means she can swallow. maybe she just not used to the taste of the medi =)
I tried using the syringe but she tends to spill out & i think she don't know how to swallow , will choke her so i use milk bottle teats let her suck in , is it okay right ..? She doesn't like the flu med , cough will still drink maybe because of the taste .
Yes she can still drink her milk only that will have mucus , make her very pek cek .Thanks anyway ! She is feeling better already :)

Verona's

can she drink her milk? if she can suckle her milk well, or still can suckle pacifier, means is okay even if she breathe thru her mouth. but if she got pro in drinking milk, as in suckle abit, push the bottle away and use her mouth to breathe, means her nose is badly blocked and you hav to bring her to a pediatrician immediately.

use a syringe to feeed medi. feed bit by bit. if she need to take 1ml medi, shoot into her mouth by 3-4x. shoot 0.2 - 0.3ml medi at a time in case she spit out, and make sure she swallow the medi before shooting in again. if she can drink milk, means she can swallow. maybe she just not used to the taste of the medi =)
I tried using the syringe but she tends to spill out & i think she don't know how to swallow , will choke her so i use milk bottle teats let her suck in , is it okay right ..? She doesn't like the flu med , cough will still drink maybe because of the taste .
Yes she can still drink her milk only that will have mucus , make her very pek cek .Thanks anyway ! She is feeling better already :)

TANZHENZHI

My son also fall sick, he had cough and phlegm, bring him to see doc alot of kids also sick. aiyo, the weather not very good nowadays. Must drink more water. Take care.

apollo

I tried using the syringe but she tends to spill out & i think she dont't know how to swallow , will choke her so i use milk bottle teats let her suck in , is it okay right ..? She doesn't like the flu med , cough will still drink maybe because of the taste .
if can, try to use the syringe and feed her. cos u dunno hw much medi will be left in the bottle. mayb u can try feeding slowly. at 1st ds also 'dunno' hw to swallow medi, even nw he also will spit out the medi. usually we use the cruel way, open his mouth, shoot in the medi slowly (in case he spit out all), haha..

Verona's

Haha when she see the thing she already start to cry , so we just put at the teats without bottle , & she will only drink when lying down but better than nothing hehe .. Now i am sick , sorethroat like mad . Virus is so scary :/