so sad

hakisumi

hi all mummies...

maybe this may not be the right place to post this thread..
but really feel like saying..

i consider myself very careful person/ mummy at the stage..
everything try to as clean/safe as possible...

till last night.. graham like got wind in stomach.. so he kept moving & kicking in the sarong..then as i am carrying him out..like i usually do.. somehow he kick my stomach n wentbackwards.. and -knock- at the pole.. to us adults.. it maybe a small bump but to them is painful.. den he shout.. i pat him awhile.. den he laugh... but i of cos still very sad...

den this mrng.. bath time.. then cut nails...finish milk feeding.. realise..-ehh..? y mitten got small spots of blood?-

i am thinking WTF~!! am i doing?

pull out the mittens.. like you all expected i accidentally cut a little edge..at the thumb... F***K...arghh~!!!!

luckily graham is brave..never cry.. i took a cotton wool w water clean the little wound.. and he smile to me again...

haiz....
wat am i doing...?

totally understand.. hurt at their meat.. pain at our heart~!!
:embarrassed:

diymummy

Hi mummy,

*hugs*

I understand how you feel. I also do the same things.

I try to be careful but baby also fell off from bed. And cutting his nails, I also cut his flesh.

Don't worry about it. They will recover very fast.

Phoebii Cheng

Understand how u feel, I cut my son's nail once and hurt him too.....:(

Oso when I was sleeping with him, he rolled off the bed and got a huge bump, blue black on his forehead....felt bad

But after that my mother in law said that children are like that one, a few knocks here and there is normal.....

apollo

i understand hw u feel! cos ds has knocked his head many times on his cot and he didnt cry at all.. if he cries i still can sayang him, but he didnt cry, makes me more guilty. got once, cut his nail for him when he was ard 1mth old and i cut his flesh! see alrdy also feel painful for him... few days ago, he kick kick while bathing nand drop into the water. didnt cry also but i nearly got heart attack -.-"

hakisumi

Thanks mumz...

ya lor.. just now i carry to my PIL room...
MIL -chat- with him.. he äh-hu, ahhh-hu..
dunno issit complain me or not..? LOLz...

also didnt mention anything to PIL..if not ..i think they ll skin me alive...

but see him happily playing with them.. i also relieve...

CanCanMum

lols~~~~~

tat bumping at sarong pole oso happened to baber before lols~~~

and i oso accidentally CUT babers ears (a little corner of flesh) lols and when baber said Mummy so painful den suddenly i realised it~~~when i cut his hair last time~~~:p

Last edited:

hakisumi

oh yea.. ring a bell yea.. sarong pole.. now i see the pole i abit ANTI it.. lOL
now i use a mattress to -protect it-
hahhahaaa...

baber is funny...
he say then u realise.. cute... LOlz

CanCanMum

oh yea.. ring a bell yea.. sarong pole.. now i see the pole i abit ANTI it.. lOL
now i use a mattress to -protect it-
hahhahaaa...

baber is funny...
he say then you realise.. cute... LOlz
yaaa lols

from then on, i leave all salon duties to hubbie lols~~~~

Ottermum

I also felt soooo guilty when my son fell from the IKEA highchair...so high ok he actually stood up n toppled over...right before my eyes!!!!

the next day while washing his butt he also slipped n fell in the bathroom....

well...what to do?? i've already been sooooo careful but still, ACCIDENTS happen...

Shirix

at least i'm not alone... i also accidentally let my baby head knocks against the concer of the table cause he flips too fast... luckily the table not very sharp... he cried straight after that.. make me so worried that it will damage his brain.. when i tell my hubby, i nearly cried too...

hakisumi

ya.. when my hubbywas waken by his cry..usually he slps like a log
he ji tao question me.. wat happen..(very fierce), y i so not careful..blar blar..
i thinking i not purposely 1

make me whole night..feel so bad..
dare not even tell him i cut his flesh when the nail cutting,..
:X

jojoki

my baby just fell off from my high bed (storage bed) she was asleep n i went 2 the toilet that i heard a VERY LOUD THUD! n i saw her on the floor. She cried soooooo badly. I am sooo worried n felt so much pain in my heart!! This is her worse cry ever... until I also cried with her. Just thn hubs came back n carried her.. she stopped crying but i was still crying and when she saw me crying she cried again. my poor baby!!! now her forehead n cheekbones soo red. I really PRAY to God she will be ok. Will b monitoring her tonight...

TANZHENZHI

I understand how you feel, I also accidentally cut my son flesh when he's 3weeks old. I so heart pain alto he didn't cry as he's sleeping when i cut his nails but it hurts my heart alot.

joeyz

i fell asleep while burping dear son lying on the sofa and he fell off from the sofa in the middle of the night, i got woken up by his loud cry.. felt soooo guilty for my neglience.. woke hubby up, he is soo understanding n supportive, quickly when to make dear son milk, out of panic, he accidentally make the milk too warm for dear son and he let out another big cry.. what a traumatic night for my boy.

kenxf_03

hugs hugs to all mummies!!

I also accidentally cut my dear son's little finger when he's one mth old! He cried so hard until whole face very red red de.

I was soooooo heartache also loh, kp blaming myself y am i so careless!! And was feeling so guilty the whole day............ :embarrassed:

Ting

dun take it too hard on yourself.
its normal. pin also had losta accidents.
til now, i can still rmb the first time she fell off the bed.
i was in the kitchen washing her bottle after her feed n she rolled off the bed the moment i stepped out of the room.
i felt so guilty for almost 1 week!
will keep blaming ourselves when our lil ones fall n bump themselves..
even now, when she jump n fell down n bump her nose til bleed, i also feel so heartache, but i will remind her it is her fault. but she still not scared can continue.... -.-"

AugBoyz

Part and parcel of growing up.
Part and parcel of parenthood.

No need to feel guilty, jus be more careful in future.
However, regardless of how careful we are there bond to have surprises.
dun be too hard on urself.

tika

I feel we must all remember... we are their mothers and even when we take extra extra caution whenever they are under our care, accidents STILL happen sometimes. So when the same things happen under the care of your parents/in laws/mature responsible siblings/inlaws, do not beetch about it like they attempted to kill your child. They are also humans. (I read a couple of complains in some threads about toddlers getting hurt when under someone else's care.)

Unless of course everytime you leave your child with them, he/she comes back with cuts and bruises. Then its time to lodge a police report. :)

littlehelper

Oh dear.Don't be too upset there will be definitely times when they will get injured..when learning to walk/learning to ride bike and all.But all these just makes them stronger than before.

Jus monitor and make sure he is ok for the next 24 hours.No vomitting and all should be ok.