Sta home mums..how do u pass ur days at home?

apollo

not really! lol. my hubby is ok as in he will auto attend to my girl even if she is not fussing. like he will play with her or carry her when im busy with other things.. but then i hate the fact that he treat the place like coffee shop! sit there and wait for dinner to be serve.. then finish sit there and watch tv or read a book... even if he happens to walk to the kitchen for a drink, he dosent even bring the plates back to the sink conveniently! then we have a shoes in closet but then he always leave his shoes lying around the entrance which is sooooooooooo irritating cos i cant find space to walk! always need to put his shoes back into the closet or push them aside.. worse thing is when i need to bring my girl out in the stroller.. those shoes are just so 'tin4 te3'...

well well.. cant complain much. he is a good hubby. everything good except the fact that he is TOO relax and made me feel so irritated lol. or he can open the wardrobe to take his clothes but dont close back all the time! dont know why... im like always chasing his butt and helping him clear all the mess... things take out leave outside never put back to drawers also...
this sounds lik me and my hubby... but the role is diffe. i'm the one who dont close the wardrobe door etc and my hubby always have to 'clear my backside' for me... haha!

annie

lol well.. i never nag him before wor.. i jsut quietly close the wardrobe doors or keep his shoes, clear his plates n all.. i jsut not happy n then will do things a bit louder(show my unhappiness) but i think he dosent realise also la cos he never asked me bout it lol. i dun like to nag at ppl cos i hate ppl nagging at me. i will just hint hint.. eg i will ask him.. 'are u coming back to the wardrobe to take something?' or.. 'so u still need those shoes?'.

he eat tidbits also throw packaging on the table one lor. or leave the empty packaging in the fridge! eg chocolates...

apollo

Phew! At least now I know you guys experienced the same tireness. My hubby always thinks working is more "xingu", tats why he doesnt really think I can be that tired! Even ask me to make breakfast for him, and cook dinner on weekdays. After that, I still hav to clean up the kitchen, clean baby then pump milk..

I feel time passed by very fast, for eg, I wash all the toilets once a while, but this one week pass with the blink of an eye! I also can't stand things lying around and not in place, thats why I also cannot sit still. And ya! Sometimes I also stand around the sink and eat my quickie meal, or at times just skip it .. Actually if I hav free time when baby is sleeping, I would rather take a quick nap than eat!

Of cuz seeing my baby with different surprises everyday is really amazing, but I'm really tired .. My hubby and friends dont understand (cuz they are all either no kids or not married) so come here and vent it off.. :eek:
last time my hubby also dont understand, he said he wking outside is v tough and i told him i know wking outside is v tough and tiring but at least he got to sit down for that 1 hr for lunch. me? i dont even get 5min for my meal! must eat v fast and sometimes i dont even hav the 5min to eat cos there's so many thins to do and if ds is fussing ard, worse! cos i cant even do other things...

but now he understand alrdy cos i act kelian and he volunteer to take care ds from sat onwards till sun night. he now can understand hw tedious it is to wake up for ds's night feed, in the day gonna sterilise bottles, play with him, talk to him, coax him slp etc... haha...

and i do agree that there are ppl (single, or married but without child, or with child but didnt take care of thhem b4) will think 'SAHM is so good, so free, so relax...' even my aunt who was a SAHM b4 told me "u at hm so eng (free).. such a 'da xian ren' (super free person doing nth at hm)" was so pissed when i heard that!

annie

ya i told hubby i no weekends, cant have hobbies, cant even nap when im tired if baby awake! then cant go dentist, hair salon etc unless hubby help me to take care of her. got once i go hair salon for almost 5hrs and hubby helps me take care of my girl. coincidentally she has a fever from that morning and esp cranky.. so hubby cant nap and cant even sit down cos my girl wants to be carried! lol BUT still... he only take care of her and no need to do household chores! its still easier than me!

but honestly speaking.. i dun want to comment on men more xing ku or women more xing ku cos we are not them thus its unfair to judge this way.. they might be more xing ku mentally with all the work related stress etc n we more xing ku physically etc but its a fact that they have time to rest n do own things eg public holidays, weekends, lunch time, going out with fren etc but not us housewife!

Last edited:

apollo

ya i told hubby i no weekends, cant have hobbies, cant even nap when im tired if baby awake! then cant go dentist, hair salon etc unless hubby help me to take care of her. got once i go hair salon for almost 5hrs and hubby helps me take care of my girl. coincidentally she has a fever from that morning and esp cranky.. so hubby cant nap and cant even sit down cos my girl wants to be carried! lol BUT still... he only take care of her and no need to do household chores! its still easier than me!

but honestly speaking.. i dont want to comment on men more xing ku or women more xing ku cos we are not them thus its unfair to judge this way.. they might be more xing ku mentally with all the work related stress etc and we more xing ku physically etc but its a fact that they have time to rest and do own things eg public holidays, weekends, lunch time, going out with friend etc but not us housewife!
did ur hubby ask how u manage to take care ur baby while doing hse work aft tt 5hrs?? my hubby asked me that qns..

how i wish we, hsewives, have 14days annual leave, 14days mc, year end bonus, infant care leave, childcare leave etc etc... haha... when i was sick, i broke down emotionally cause i was so ill yet i cant take the medi cos it will cause drowsiness haha..

jasobias

how i wish we, hsewives, have 14days annual leave, 14days mc, year end bonus, infant care leave, childcare leave etc etc... haha... when i was sick, i broke down emotionally cause i was so ill yet i cant take the medi cos it will cause drowsiness haha..[/quote]
ya getting sick is the worst.I iwll ask dr gimme meds tht wont conk me out.For me i am lucky coz hubby helps out a lot n so do kids.But hubby still have to work wht.So at home juggling 3 kids is still tough.I will multi task lah n i am getting so gd at it.In morning while feeding baby milk i eat my breakfast n read newspaper.Then wash bottles while preparing food for kids...crazy life!!On weekends i try to bring the boys out n leave baby with hubby so he can rest abit as my other 2 kids r very noisy n active.After a while ears will be ringing!!!:err:

annie

nope my hubby never asked me anything. he just say he very tired n straight away went nap when im home lol.

i broke down once when i was sick as well.. that time flu, fever n asthma.. whole body ache n cant breathe well.. then i ask hubby if he can stay home to look after bb(it was a mon) but he say cannot cos he got impt meeting to attend then i broke down.. was thinking deep down inside.. i cant even take care of myself now, cant even stand properly.. how to have strength to carry bb n take care of her? i want some rest n sleep to recover also so difficult! so miserable.. at least hubby sick can take sick leave n rest or sleep whole day but me? sob...

Mummycloset

and i do agree that there are ppl (single, or married but without child, or with child but didnt take care of thhem before) will think 'stay at home mum is so good, so free, so relax...' even my aunt who was a stay at home mum before told me "you at hm so eng (free).. such a 'da xian ren' (super free person doing nth at hm)" was so pissed when i heard that!
Ya man, my frens all ask me how come dun want to have 2nd one now, since my baby is manageable already. I dunno how to explain to them cuz they kept asking me why I always complain its very tiring one.. Sigh..

apollo

nope my hubby never asked me anything. he just say he very tired and straight away went nap when im home lol.

i broke down once when i was sick as well.. that time flu, fever and asthma.. whole body ache and cant breathe well.. then i ask hubby if he can stay home to look after baby(it was a mon) but he say cannot cos he got impt meeting to attend then i broke down.. was thinking deep down inside.. i cant even take care of myself now, cant even stand properly.. how to have strength to carry baby and take care of her? i want some rest and sleep to recover also so difficult! so miserable.. at least hubby sick can take sick leave and rest or sleep whole day but me? sob...
that's y i broke down too.. haha... somemore i'm bf-ing now, doc say the most suitable medi for bf-ing will cause drowisness... so most of the time, i didnt take the medi or take it when hubby is home... didnt take regularly, how to recover? the make thing worse, i passed my cough to ds =(

Mummycloset

nope my hubby never asked me anything. he just say he very tired and straight away went nap when im home lol.

i broke down once when i was sick as well.. that time flu, fever and asthma.. whole body ache and cant breathe well.. then i ask hubby if he can stay home to look after baby(it was a mon) but he say cannot cos he got impt meeting to attend then i broke down.. was thinking deep down inside.. i cant even take care of myself now, cant even stand properly.. how to have strength to carry baby and take care of her? i want some rest and sleep to recover also so difficult! so miserable.. at least hubby sick can take sick leave and rest or sleep whole day but me? sob...
Precisely..
I fell sick few times before and realised my hubby couldnt manage the little one. I couldnt even rest properly, still doing the same thing. We cant afford to fall sick, if not the house chores will be x2 when we recover and can't rest..

Mummycloset

Actually I complain so much just hoping my husband could understand.. He's getting better now, more "aware" of my duty but most of the times he will forget and ask him to do small things like take water for him etc..

We also know how "xingcu" they are, just that maybe we "wife" just want our hubby to dote on us more.. :wong19:

apollo

Actually I complain so much just hoping my husband could understand.. He's getting better now, more "aware" of my duty but most of the times he will forget and ask him to do small things like take water for him etc..

We also know how "xingcu" they are, just that maybe we "wife" just want our hubby to dote on us more.. :wong19:
ya our hubbies wking outside also v tough... esp when they r the sole breadwinner. we understand hw tough they r and they understand ours, will be the best... at least we xinku abit also nvm.. haha

Frenchkitty

actually sometimes i do feel like gg bck to work because there are times when i feel so bored, i just keep scrutinising my son's face to see if he has developed spots overnight.

I think im gg crazy. Lol

apollo

actually sometimes i do feel like gg bck to work because there are times when i feel so bored, i just keep scrutinising my son's face to see if he has developed spots overnight.

I think im gg crazy. Lol
YA!!! i keep observing ds too! just a lil bit diffe, i'll call up my hubby and ask if need to bring to pd anot.. but when he saw ds, he said "that's v normal okay?! DONT NEED PD!!!" haha...

meiteoh

I've just started on the stay at home mum 100% - before, it was with my parents' and hubby's help. But he started work again yesterday so I was totally on my own.

Like some of you ladies mentioned, there are no breaks, no leave and nothing. If you're like me, on a budget and such, you won't even be able to afford a part-time nanny or maid which means that 1) everywhere you go, baby will have to come with you and 2) forget about appointments like hairdressers, spas, manicures and all.

Yesterday, I was up since 7am - went to the market to buy groceries and came back carting like 2 over kgs of meat and veg. Then have to make sure Eva naps before I keep all the things, and eat my breakfast. Just before lunch was her bathtime, feeding and while she napped, I cooked my lunch.

After that, I went to Giant with her and came back carting another 3 over kg worth of groceries - backpacker, baby carrier with her and four plastic bags in my hand. Then have to cook dinner, feed her, tend to her fussiness and yesterday, she was particularly fussy coz her bedtime was pushed back so I ended up sleeping soundly only at 4am plus only to wake up at 630am again.

This excludes things like toilet trips, and a nice shower. Bear in mind that I am still recovering from a c-sec but if I dont't do all (like grocery shopping), we won't have anything to eat.

My hubby annoys me sometimes because he likes to push Eva to me just like that - complain backache and I take her; dumps her crying in the crib just to have dinner so I have to rush through my dinner to tend to her; surfs the Internet while I'm carrying her and tending to her fussy periods. It's annoying because I resent his ability to be so flippant while I can't coz I have no one to dump my baby to.

This morning he was nice though - asked me to get a nap while she naps so I won't be too tired in the mornings when I wake up to feed her.

I complain not because I am jealous or because I feel that he isn't doing enough. Believe me, working outside IS tough. I just want some understanding and help whenever he's around. Plus I want him to bond with Eva as well and tending to her is one way of bonding.

Last edited:

PinkDiamonds

It's definitely not easy at all to look after a baby while you are recovering from labor. But please do take care of yourself! Try not to carry heavy things as it will greatly affect your body later on!

I had my mum's help for 1 week and after that I was on my own. I ordered confinement food (because my mum insisted I did), although we had already stocked up groceries to last me. It wasn't easy, but I managed to pull through.

If you could, perhaps you can get 1 day off from your girl and go grocery shopping with your hubby? Then stock up your fridge so you don't have to keep going. Rather than you bring your baby around. & if u r breastfeeding you need a lot of rest too!

It is definitely frustrating to have a fussy baby and crying, but I guess sometimes you have no choice but to leave her there crying for a while. Like if you are bathing and she suddenly wake up and cry, I don't think you are going to run out of the bathroom to tend to her right?

The men will not fully understand because they don't go through it themselves.

But one thing is for sure - It DOES get better. :D

annie

meiteoh im same as u... i got no helper even during my confinement! i have to do household chores n take care of my girl alone during that time even till now! hubby will help with my girl when he is home but then he dosent help with household chores n night wakings... good thing is my girl isnt fussy. she is quite easy to handle..

jasobias

ya no kidding man looking after babies ,kids n doing hosuehold chores on top of tht.Men get the impression tht at home ah at least we get to lie down..$%&^&*&!!!! who gets tht kinda time?I shower in 3 min flat.I think last time i took long shower was b4 i had kids.Now even if hubby if at home n i get the time..i rather do something else.Grocery shopping with babies n kids is a nitemare!!
My 5 yr old son wante dto buy teachers day present so i took him ,my 7 yr old n baby to Bugis.Brought out stroller thinking it wld be easier but it was worse.No one wanted to move aside for us to come out of mrt.N then while we want to enter the train i make my sons wait for pple to come out first,they dilly dally so long coming out of train like receiving trophys like tht ..tht the door nearly closed on us.
Baby came down with a cold n cough yesterday so i called hubby at office n let him know,he said bring to dr.I had to take all 3 kids there on my own n worse it was raining so heavily n no bloody taxi wanted to stop for us..thts always the case!!bloody taxi drivers!!!After tht ordeal i had to take my 5 yr old for his class right after going to the hospital.Had my baby in sling at least 7 hrs .My shoulders were so painful n i had to carry the heavy diaper bag on top of tht!!!Almost felt like Superwoman without the cape!Didnt get to eat lunch also the whole day!

annie

ya lor precisely.. i cant imagine myself having to bring 2 or 3 kids alone! thats y i always tell hubby the 2nd bb better come few yrs later when my girl can take good care of herself at least... so i dun need to keep looking out for 2 bbs! imagine if both cant walk i how??? lol. at least if my girl can walk still not that bad...

i often skip lunch or dinner also if my girl nap too late or too long.. cos i am alone with her at hm.. if she is napping i cant go out for my meal! my house nearby nothing to eat.. gt to walk about 15mins.. i cant risk going out when she is napping..

glenndanker

Alpha Male
Hi stay at home mum,
just wondering..wht do you guys do at home.
I am stay at home mum to 2 boys ages 5 and 7 and a baby girl 5 weeks old.
Sometimes i feel as if time is dragging by and other times it goes by so fast.
I quit my job when i was 5 months preggers with my 1st son as there were some complications and the baby meant to me more than a job.Still have not joined the workforce and may not for a long time i guess as i believe in looking after my own kids.
Its tiring trying to look after 3 kids,keeping the house clean and all tht.
I do go out on my own(without kids!!) once a while to clubs or movies and at home i read when i get time in between.and on top of tht mantaining my looks and figure..hahhah..i remember when 35 weeks preggers and i was still shaving my legs and all and bikini line and plucking my eyebrows and my hubby wld remark you gonna see it?it was funny coz tht time i was on bedrest.I have seen many mums looking really haggard pre and post delivery.I didnt want to be one of them and neither did i want to be left behind in terms of wht is happening in the outside world.Guess its so easy for us stay at home mum to slip into tht mode.
So besides cooking ckeaning looking after kids and going crazy..wht else do you guys do?:1err:
I know how it feels cause my mum does share alot with me. She reads alot of books, all kinds- like motivational, inspirational and quotes. Sometimes she bring me and neighbour kids to the reservoir for a morning/evening walk and later roti plata breakfast. She organises kids cashflow game to teach us about money and even teach us how to do some easy cooking....