Sta home mums..how do u pass ur days at home?

jasobias

Hi SAHM,
just wondering..wht do u guys do at home.
I am SAHM to 2 boys ages 5 n 7 n a baby girl 5 weeks old.
Sometimes i feel as if time is dragging by n other times it goes by so fast.
I quit my job when i was 5 months preggers with my 1st son as there were some complications n the baby meant to me more than a job.Still have not joined the workforce n may not for a long time i guess as i believe in looking after my own kids.
Its tiring trying to look after 3 kids,keeping the house clean n all tht.
I do go out on my own(without kids!!) once a while to clubs or movies n at home i read when i get time in between.N on top of tht mantaining my looks n figure..hahhah..i remember when 35 weeks preggers n i was still shaving my legs n all n bikini line n plucking my eyebrows n my hubby wld remark u gonna see it?it was funny coz tht time i was on bedrest.I have seen many mums looking really haggard pre n post delivery.I didnt want to be one of them n neither did i want to be left behind in terms of wht is happening in the outside world.Guess its so easy for us SAHM to slip into tht mode.
So besides cooking ckeaning looking after kids n going crazy..wht else do u guys do?:1err:

stonston

During the June, November & December holidays, I become temporary SAHM.

My days usually quite free in the morning when my boy goes to school. I read, surf net, watch tv, watch DVDs, etc. Arrange for my tuition to be in the mornings.

When he's home in the afternoons, I play with him, read to him, sing with him, teach him new things.

Actually if I have a 5-yo & 7-yo, I think I'll be very busy teaching them or preparing materials to teach them. Crucial age to build a strong foundation for their studying career. If you are getting bored, can try surfing online to check out free resources you can use to teach your kids :) I enjoy doing it alot :)

jasobias

During the June, November & December holidays, I become temporary stay at home mum.

My days usually quite free in the morning when my boy goes to school. I read, surf net, watch tv, watch DVDs, etc. Arrange for my tuition to be in the mornings.

When he's home in the afternoons, I play with him, read to him, sing with him, teach him new things.

Actually if I have a 5-yo & 7-yo, I think I'll be very busy teaching them or preparing materials to teach them. Crucial age to build a strong foundation for their studying career. If you are getting bored, can try surfing online to check out free resources you can use to teach your kids :) I enjoy doing it alot :)
hahahha..i kinda expected tht teaching kid thing fr u .
Like i said i dont think book learning is all tht impt n my kids dont study in general.I think its bad enuf tht school hrs r so long.I usually rack my brains to bring them to fun places but now with baby its not gonna be possible for a while.I used to have plenty of time to teach n sing n play with my first son but when 2nd one came along it got diff.With 1 kid its do-able.
Still have to feed little one every 2-3 hrs*sigh*..can hear my sons in other room now discussing our sentosa trip tomorrow without baby of course!!hahhaha

PinkDiamonds

I am studying at the same time now, so time can really pass by very quickly for me! When my daughter is awake I will not do my homework or assignments as I find it hard to focus. So we will watch TV, tummy time, sing song, dancing, etc. Then when she is quietly watching her TV I will go and do housework, or sometimes bring her along and tell her what mummy is doing. Sometimes I doing laundry I don't know why she gets so excited and laugh!

If I am in the mood, I will prepare lunch and dinner for hubby. Other than that, it is not surprising to see me online on MSN or forums! wahaha..

Frenchkitty

if i can afford the time i try to squeeze in my facial appt n also go out with my gal frens n other mummy or mum-to-be frens.

like u, i enjoy grooming myself n making myself look presentable cos i also cant stand women who let themselves go after getting married n having kids. It's quite a shame.

At home, i spend all my time w my son. I talk to him, play w him etc. When he's sleeping thn i get some me-time by surfing net n blogging

PinkDiamonds

if i can afford the time i try to squeeze in my facial appt and also go out with my gal friends and other mummy or mum-to-be friends.

like you, i enjoy grooming myself and making myself look presentable cos i also cant stand women who let themselves go after getting married and having kids. It's quite a shame.

At home, i spend all my time w my son. I talk to him, play w him etc. When he's sleeping thn i get some me-time by surfing net and blogging
Yes yes! Sometimes when I'm bored I will take out my make up and play lol or do some simple facial treatment, like taking cold spoon and put on eye,etc

apollo

i'll talk to ds when he's awake. sterilise him bottle, bathe him, on vcd for him.. once he scream i'll ans back "yes darling?" and when he's aslp, i'll pump milk, suft net, hav my meals.. hmm if times allow, i'll take a short nap :001_302:

Mummycloset

My time passed by very quickly for me. I do housework, laundry play with baby, surf net, express milk and it's evening b4 you know it. But do you feel more tired being a sahm? Cuz ever since I gave birth, I feel lethargic all the time, and sick easily. I do not hav a maid and there's only 3 of us at home.

stonston

hahahha..i kinda expected tht teaching kid thing fr you .
Like i said i dont think book learning is all tht impt and my kids dont study in general.I think its bad enuf tht school hours are so long.I usually rack my brains to bring them to fun places but now with baby its not gonna be possible for a while.I used to have plenty of time to teach and sing and play with my first son but when 2nd one came along it got diff.With 1 kid its do-able.
Still have to feed little one every 2-3 hours*sigh*..can hear my sons in other room now discussing our sentosa trip tomorrow without baby of course!!hahhaha
Actually learning at home is more fun than learning in school. Do you realise that they do not get individual attention at school? They just get general instructions and young kids need the individual attention.

Learning at home is not limited to books and school-style learning. It can be things like baking (learn measurements/maths), singing (can create spelling songs or get CDs to help if you are not musically inclined), playing board games (count money), boggles (english), etc. You can try borrowing books from library on easy & fun activities to do at home.

It need not be the WHOLE AFTERNOON. Just 1/2 hour for each child is more than sufficient per day. The rest of the time they can self-entertain by playing with each other or laze around the house or watch some TV.

By the way, during holidays I not only have to look after my son, I also have 3 nephews and 2 nieces at my place :) 15yo, 13yo, 7yo, 6yo, 3yo. I use this books called "501 Science Experiments" to keep them occupied. Has simple experiments for the young and more complex ones for the old. There's also this book called "Science for pre-school". Interesting science facts packed into large fonts and simple english for young children to self-read.

There's a saying "An idle mind is the devil's workshop."

apollo

My time passed by very quickly for me. I do housework, laundry play with baby, surf net, express milk and it's evening before you know it. But do you feel more tired being a stay at home mum? Cuz ever since I gave birth, I feel lethargic all the time, and sick easily. I do not hav a maid and there's only 3 of us at home.
yes, at times i feel v v v tired! i slp lesser compared to lst time when i wk in retail line, 12hrs shift everyday... haha! but everything is worthwhile as long as i can see ds grow up everyday, reaching diffe milestones which always nv fail to amaze us... haha:tlaugh:

Frenchkitty

Hi Mummycloset, YES I feel perpetually tired after having a baby. And I only have 1 kid!! Cant imagine what life's like if I have more...
I also happen to have 2 dogs, maybe that's why.

Hi Stonston you are very creative with your son :)

jasobias

My time passed by very quickly for me. I do housework, laundry play with baby, surf net, express milk and it's evening before you know it. But do you feel more tired being a stay at home mum? Cuz ever since I gave birth, I feel lethargic all the time, and sick easily. I do not hav a maid and there's only 3 of us at home.
Hey mummycloset,
i think i do feel more tired being SAHM than when iw as working.Its like u dont even get to sit down n eat.Sometimes i am just eating by the sink n then quickily wash plate n run off to do some chores.I guess coz we r at home then just sit ard n dont do anything we tend to feel "guilty".I got "itchy backside syndrome",tht is cannot sit still.See anything out of place also must tidy.Like got so much stuff to do man.Sometimes i prefer to be out of the house..at least i dont see the housework..hahhahah.N ya after giving birth i fall sick easily..still feel bodyaches n stuff n headcahes!!:elvis:

annie

im totally opposite! when im free i will surf net so u see me here often lol. but then most of the time esp weekends, i feel so busy! cos have to cook for my girl n also cook for hubby since he is home.. then whole day im busy running around the house doing things n sometimes see hubby sit there watch tv, take his nap, read his books, i got a bit angry with him n wonder y he has the time to enjoy all his hobbies while im busy like a bee! then i keep feeling housewife is so poor thing.. not entitled to sick leave, not entitled for public holidays n weekends! i also often eat n do chores at the same time! hai~

PinkDiamonds

im totally opposite! when im free i will surf net so you see me here often lol. but then most of the time esp weekends, i feel so busy! cos have to cook for my girl and also cook for hubby since he is home.. then whole day im busy running around the house doing things and sometimes see hubby sit there watch tv, take his nap, read his books, i got a bit angry with him and wonder why he has the time to enjoy all his hobbies while im busy like a bee! then i keep feeling housewife is so poor thing.. not entitled to sick leave, not entitled for public holidays and weekends! i also often eat and do chores at the same time! hai~
I know how you feel! During the weekdays because I go to school and have to do homework, I will try to leave my housework till weekend, like laundry since there's only 2 adults and 1 baby at home.

Then during the weekend I find myself soooo busy while my hubby happily sitting in front of the computer and playing his games. What sometimes annoys me is that my girl is crying & wanting attention but he doesn't tend to her.

No choice la, this is a 24/7 job with no annual leave, public holidays nor remuneration. But I guess when you see your hubby so happy eating what you cooked for him, or see that the house is neat and everything is taken care off you get a strong sense of satisfaction. :Dancing_wub:

annie

not really! lol. my hubby is ok as in he will auto attend to my girl even if she is not fussing. like he will play with her or carry her when im busy with other things.. but then i hate the fact that he treat the place like coffee shop! sit there n wait for dinner to be serve.. then finish liao sit there n watch tv or read a book... even if he happens to walk to the kitchen for a drink, he dosent even bring the plates back to the sink conveniently! then we have a shoes in closet but then he always leave his shoes lying around the entrance which is sooooooooooo irritating cos i cant find space to walk! always need to put his shoes back into the closet or push them aside.. worse thing is when i need to bring my girl out in the stroller.. those shoes are just so 'tin4 te3'...

well well.. cant complain much. he is a good hubby. everything good except the fact that he is TOO relax n made me feel so irritated lol. or he can open the wardrobe to take his clothes but dun close back all the time! dunno y... im like always chasing his butt n helping him clear all the mess... things take out liao leave outside never put back to drawers also...

Mummycloset

Phew! At least now I know you guys experienced the same tireness. My hubby always thinks working is more "xingu", tats why he doesnt really think I can be tat tired! Even ask me to make breakfast for him, n cook dinner on weekdays. After that, I still hav to clean up the kitchen, clean baby then pump milk..

I feel time passed by very fast, for eg, I wash all the toilets once a while, but this one week pass with the blink of an eye! I also can't stand things lying around n not in place, thats why I also cannot sit still. And ya! Sometimes I also stand ard the sink n eat my quickie meal, or at times just skip it lor.. Actually if I hav free time when baby is sleeping, I would rather take a quick nap than eat!

Of cuz seeing my baby with different surprises everyday is really amazing, but I'm really tired lor.. My hubby n frens dun understand (cuz they are all either no kids or not married) so come here n vent it off.. :eek:

Triquetra

Endless things to do...
Sometimes there are so much things that I don't even know which to start and end up day dreaming or checking forum to destress.
My own laundary, bb's laundary, room cleaning, diaper change, expressing milk, feeding, washing bottles, sterilizing bottles, breastfeeding etc...
I get so exhausted that I feel like throwing up =.=

Mummycloset

not really! lol. my hubby is ok as in he will auto attend to my girl even if she is not fussing. like he will play with her or carry her when im busy with other things.. but then i hate the fact that he treat the place like coffee shop! sit there and wait for dinner to be serve.. then finish sit there and watch tv or read a book... even if he happens to walk to the kitchen for a drink, he dosent even bring the plates back to the sink conveniently! then we have a shoes in closet but then he always leave his shoes lying around the entrance which is sooooooooooo irritating cos i cant find space to walk! always need to put his shoes back into the closet or push them aside.. worse thing is when i need to bring my girl out in the stroller.. those shoes are just so 'tin4 te3'...

well well.. cant complain much. he is a good hubby. everything good except the fact that he is TOO relax and made me feel so irritated lol. or he can open the wardrobe to take his clothes but dont close back all the time! dont know why... im like always chasing his butt and helping him clear all the mess... things take out leave outside never put back to drawers also...

Our Hubby is exactly the same! He ONLY knows how to play with baby n nothing else.. I know how you feel, so frustrating right! And he finds me naggy now for asking him to do things like closing the wardrobe door, keeping the plates etc.. lol Actually I realse us being naggy doesnt mean we hav become "auntie", but its them who are becoming like uncle who needs constant reminders!

chelle

I am not a SHM, but have been at home during maternity leave and taking of my BB myself for the past 3 mths.
Time pass very fast when taking care of BB! Everytime he sleep, i will rush to eat, wash clothing, sterlise bottles, do housewrk etc!
But now that his milk session stretch to 3 hrs, i have time to watch TV, have been watching alot of HK drama serial.

Weekends are my off days coz my hubby will take over the duties, so i can surf forum and play games on Facebook.

But my hubby also make a mess at home, he always leave his shoes at the door, never put into the shoe cabinet though i have nagged for YEARS! He also always leave his dirty clothing in the toliet after bathe!