Stress over work life balance when I have a immature boss

I totally agree man. I was thinking this morning should I just clear one shot 4 mths. Cos bo hua and let the company eat my ML if I dont't do that. ANyway, in the first place if they are so not pro family, I think I dont't need to think so much for them too.

You too! 6 mths very fast. When I first knew I was preggy, that was in Feb, Now August ! JIayou!:Dancing_tongue:
ya should clear all 4 months. I also clear all my 4 months...then when i went back to work and took my leave to take care of my baby..my boss still make noise.. for those staff she that she favour, took whole week of leave to go tour, she didn't even say anything...and when i took like 2,3 days to look after my boy..i kana say. i have some sicko boss

Last edited:
I totally agree man. I was thinking this morning should I just clear one shot 4 mths. Cos bo hua and let the company eat my ML if I dont't do that. ANyway, in the first place if they are so not pro family, I think I dont't need to think so much for them too.

You too! 6 mths very fast. When I first knew I was preggy, that was in Feb, Now August ! JIayou!:Dancing_tongue:
sigh. there bound to have such crazy bosses around. we are all in the same boat. but at least you just have another 2 months to endure. i still have 6 more months to endure. goodness. i dont even dare to think far.

most importantly, if you have the intention to leave after your maternity, do clear all 4 months at 1 shot. becoz you cant offset your 1 month notice with your maternity leave and it will be taken away totally. so not to be on the losing end, just clear all your ML first then serve notice. use your annual leave and child care leave during the 1 month notice period ( pro-rated AL ).. if you need, clear some MCs too. =X use MC days to go for interview also not bad. such bosses do not appreciate, so we have to do otherwise.

all best!
Ya 6 months very fast one...furthermore under labour law, they cannot get rid of u/ or penalise u when u are pregnant, unless u quit yourself. So if your boss really giving u a face...and u have intention to leave after your maternity..mean while just tahan, or take mc to rest for the sack of your baby. Don't need to worry so much, as worrying may lead to depression man.

Gem2505

ya.. dont let the company eat away your ML. entitlement means have to use all up lor. haha! since they dont appreciate your work, you dont really have to care if they can cope without you anot. if we even "help" to worry for them, there will be endless things for us to worry man. rather spend quality time with baby instead.

ha.. time is passing tooooo slowly lor. my manager dont like me take MC one. yest after a short meeting with staffs, all left and ask me stay. talk to me. say althou i havent been taking MC for the past few weeks, but overall for the whole year, consider high still. -_-" but many times, im really feeling very very bad, i still came to work. so far, i took 8days in 6 months. consider high? afew of the MC are my doc appt dates lor. coz i go for check up at kk, they will give MC. but i always work half day then go for appt in the noon, already give in to my manager already coz if 1 day i not around, emails will flood n he (being useless) cannot help to even solve the slightest thing.

without me = all work stuck. haiz. whats the manager for?

Gem2505

Ya 6 months very fast one...furthermore under labour law, they cannot get rid of you/ or penalise you when you are pregnant, unless you quit yourself. So if your boss really giving you a face...and you have intention to leave after your maternity..mean while just tahan, or take mc to rest for the sack of your baby. dont't need to worry so much, as worrying may lead to depression man.
think im getting alil depression now. most stress were from work, or i should say, from my manager. he's v unreasonable at times, so my pregnancy thing i havent inform him. coz i think no point telling him as he wont take it to heart or take it as a thing at all.

but the problem im facing now is that, im still new to the company, confirmation is 6 months for executive grade, and my confirmation is mid next month. I'm afraid he will use this to delay my confirmation and give me problem. what should i do next? I havent inform HR also. coz i need to declare so to enjoy medical benefits.

vanillabaileys

ya.. dont let the company eat away your ML. entitlement means have to use all up . haha! since they dont appreciate your work, you dont really have to care if they can cope without you anot. if we even "help" to worry for them, there will be endless things for us to worry man. rather spend quality time with baby instead.

ha.. time is passing tooooo slowly . my manager dont like me take MC one. yest after a short meeting with staffs, all left and ask me stay. talk to me. say althou i havent been taking MC for the past few weeks, but overall for the whole year, consider high still. -_-" but many times, im really feeling very very bad, i still came to work. so far, i took 8days in 6 months. consider high? afew of the MC are my doc appt dates . coz i go for check up at kk, they will give MC. but i always work half day then go for appt in the noon, already give in to my manager already coz if 1 day i not around, emails will flood n he (being useless) cannot help to even solve the slightest thing.

without me = all work stuck. sigh. whats the manager for?
I guess no boss like to see their staff keep taking MC. But sometimes if really bo pian, have to rest means hv to rest. What is MC for? It is for us to rest and recuperate at home when we are sick mah. Further more, I feel that if they really wanna shoot us, we can always say that it is socially responsible that we stay at home rather than come to office and spread the virus.
I understand how you feel. Whenever I go for my check ups, i usually take annual leave. Cos they target me saying my mc rate is high even though i only took like less than 5 days in 6 mths!
But i think i'm gonna "chut" pattern this 2 mths liao. I don't take, they also won't reward me with anything. kekeke
What is manager for? Mine is very clever in playing "tai-chi":tlaugh:

vanillabaileys

ya should clear all 4 months. I also clear all my 4 months...then when i went back to work and took my leave to take care of my baby..my boss still make noise.. for those staff she that she favour, took whole week of leave to go tour, she didn't even say anything...and when i took like 2,3 days to look after my boy..i kana say. i have some sicko boss
Sickening boss right? My senior manager also behaves like that. Staff that she favour (currently also preggy) she will say in front of me, must take care, eat more fish, buy lunchie for her etc. But she never do all that for me. Not that I'm complaining, but don't do it so obvious mah.
Anyway, it's really hard to work for female bosses, especially when they are single career women.:mmad:

Gem2505

Sickening boss right? My senior manager also behaves like that. Staff that she favour (currently also preggy) she will say in front of me, must take care, eat more fish, buy lunchie for her etc. But she never do all that for me. Not that I'm complaining, but dont't do it so obvious mah.
Anyway, it's really hard to work for female bosses, especially when they are single career women.:mmad:
haiyo. hard to say. male bosses can be quite bad too! but luckily, so far, he's still alil taken aback by me. the previous lady before me, was kinda timid n dont dare to go against him. now, i always go against him. so the way he talk to me, dont dare to be harsh coz i will just shoot back. =X
think we all just have to tolerate all sorts of nonsenses from our bosses! get on and be ready for the 4months ML! then, bid goodbye to our bosses, move on to other places. LOL!

think im getting alil depression now. most stress were from work, or i should say, from my manager. he's very unreasonable at times, so my pregnancy thing i havent inform him. coz i think no point telling him as he wont take it to heart or take it as a thing at all.

but the problem im facing now is that, im still new to the company, confirmation is 6 months for executive grade, and my confirmation is mid next month. I'm afraid he will use this to delay my confirmation and give me problem. what should i do next? I havent inform HR also. coz i need to declare so to enjoy medical benefits.
wow..that's really worrying...as ur stomach cannot hide..but if u are not confirm then cannot get the maternity benefit as well. Maybe u can check with MOM...if u in service for 6 months...do u still entitle the maternity benefit thought u not confirm? as i know in order for the maternity leave entitlement u need to be in service for at least 6 months.

I pray for you that all will turn out well.

Sickening boss right? My senior manager also behaves like that. Staff that she favour (currently also preggy) she will say in front of me, must take care, eat more fish, buy lunchie for her etc. But she never do all that for me. Not that I'm complaining, but dont't do it so obvious mah.
wow man your sr manager is really bias like mine. which also shows that she is fake/plastic.

Gem2505

I guess no boss like to see their staff keep taking MC. But sometimes if really bo pian, have to rest means have to rest. What is MC for? It is for us to rest and recuperate at home when we are sick mah. Further more, I feel that if they really wanna shoot us, we can always say that it is socially responsible that we stay at home rather than come to office and spread the virus.
I understand how you feel. Whenever I go for my check ups, i usually take annual leave. Cos they target me saying my mc rate is high even though i only took like less than 5 days in 6 mths!
But i think i'm gonna "chut" pattern this 2 mths . I dont't take, they also won't reward me with anything. kekeke
What is manager for? Mine is very clever in playing "tai-chi":tlaugh:
ha. my manager super good at "tai-chi" too. there's 1 time whereby he is sick but he still came to work, end up i fall sick the next day. super angry with him lor. i did told him that its social responsibility to stay home when sick. he can even agree.. -_-"
I am still waiting for my confirmation.. which is mid of nx month. when confirmation, then i "chut" pattern. =X haha!

Gumi

During my last appraisal, my boss asked me whether do I intend to have another kid after I came back from my 4 months' maternity leave last year.
I really don't know how to answer cos I don't know what is his purpose of asking. In the end, I just said not for the time being.

I'm so stress after hearing this question and frankly speaking what if I happen to have another one down the road, does it mean that I can't work here anymore??? And the funny part is, his wife got pregnant instead..haha.

Maybe as at that time, I should ask him, and how about you? Do you intend to have another one too?:001_302:

Anyway, how to have more babies when you get sensitive bosses here and there.

Gem2505

During my last appraisal, my boss asked me whether do I intend to have another kid after I came back from my 4 months' maternity leave last year.
I really dont't know how to answer cos I dont't know what is his purpose of asking. In the end, I just said not for the time being.

I'm so stress after hearing this question and frankly speaking what if I happen to have another one down the road, does it mean that I can't work here anymore??? And the funny part is, his wife got pregnant instead..haha.

Maybe as at that time, I should ask him, and how about you? Do you intend to have another one too?:001_302:

haha. say, SINGAPORE government support more births! your boss cant stop u from having kids and of coz, he cant ask u to leave should u be pregnant. go n complain to MOM or your MP if he really does that. say him back that why he can have kid but you cant? slap him back with the question. see what he says. LOL! he is fighting with his own shadow.

haha. say, SINGAPORE government support more births! your boss cant stop you from having kids and of coz, he cant ask you to leave should you be pregnant. go n complain to MOM or your MP if he really does that. say him back that why he can have kid but you cant? slap him back with the question. see what he says. LOL! he is fighting with his own shadow.
Ya, nowadays when colleague ask if u are going to have another one...i also suspicious over their concern...will they go and tell boss.

vanillabaileys

I really dont't know how to answer cos I dont't know what is his purpose of asking. In the end, I just said not for the time being.

Same thing here. I had my appraisal in June. My manager asked me straight, do you have any plans to continue working or I intend to resign after my Maternity leave. I was also shocked. Hw can you asked such a qns so directly? Even if I really wanna leave, I won't break my own head and tell her the truth right? Sometimes dunno what all these bosses are thinking also.
She also funny. She said before that in our dept, whoever wants to get preggy, must take turns. Cannot anyhow suka suka get preggy. In my heart, i was thinking she is siao wan lor. :001_302:

vanillabaileys

wow man your sr manager is really bias like mine. which also shows that she is fake/plastic.
Yah.. my senior manager is like that lor. She don't like who, she showed it out very obviously. And she is super bias. Whenever pple she don't like resign, she will say during meeting, resign also good. She/ he doesn't add value to the company. *shake Head*

Gem2505

sigh! just got a news that tml, my manager moving into my office. then the contractors will be coming in to renovate the whole office coz need to rearrange the partitions,tables,layouts..
but its 7th month. not that i want to pantang. but its not good doing moving and renovation at this period.
The whole process would take more than half a day.
I was reluctant to take leave coz i got 10 days Annual leave left n i want to keep it during end of the year coz i scared when baby bigger and i need extra rest.. then my MC not enough.. may have to eat in my AL.
my boss even ask me to go to the mortuary n use the computer there. who in the right mind would do that? ITS the 7th month and MORTUARY is SUPER "HAPPENING" .
sigh. confuse now. he never even mention to give me n my colleague half day time off or what . its not like i want this renovation to happen. becoz of him moving in, we all kenna affected. den like i have to force myself to take leave coz i cant be around?!! wth right!

HOW?!!!

sigh! just got a news that tml, my manager moving into my office. then the contractors will be coming in to renovate the whole office coz need to rearrange the partitions,tables,layouts..
but its 7th month. not that i want to pantang. but its not good doing moving and renovation at this period.
The whole process would take more than half a day.
I was reluctant to take leave coz i got 10 days Annual leave left n i want to keep it during end of the year coz i scared when baby bigger and i need extra rest.. then my MC not enough.. may have to eat in my AL.
my boss even ask me to go to the mortuary n use the computer there. who in the right mind would do that? ITS the 7th month and MORTUARY is SUPER "HAPPENING" .
sigh. confuse now. he never even mention to give me n my colleague half day time off or what . its not like i want this renovation to happen. becoz of him moving in, we all kenna affected. then like i have to force myself to take leave coz i cant be around?!! wth right!

HOW?!!!
Huh go mortuary there to use PC..i think pantang ah...as 7th month..and some more u pregnant wor..i think u take half day lar..

Same thing here. I had my appraisal in June. My manager asked me straight, do you have any plans to continue working or I intend to resign after my Maternity leave. I was also shocked. Hw can you asked such a qns so directly? Even if I really wanna leave, I won't break my own head and tell her the truth right? Sometimes dont know what all these bosses are thinking also.
She also funny. She said before that in our dept, whoever wants to get preggy, must take turns. Cannot anyhow suka suka get preggy. In my heart, i was thinking she is crazy want . :001_302:
wow man...u think pregnant is work ah...must take turn some more...crazy