Stress over work life balance when I have a immature boss

currently my RO (report officer) is a nice lady. We get along well. My colleagues also.
But my Overall in charge is a useless man loh. Feedback to him also no use want.

That time there is this discussion about ladies in my cluster (we have a few clusters) are overloaded with too many stuff and it is only fair that the other cluster ( which co-incidentally, have more males than my all ladies cluster) took over some of our jobs.

Then all these men starts to practise "taiji" try soooo hard to push and push the jobs away.
We were saying that for every 3 hours of class, we need 1-2 hr extra to prepare because we cannot do it during class. for their 6 hours class which they can utilise for prep work, they still need 1.5hours to prepare!

After that I told my RO, people use 4 hours to prep, they need 7.5 hours?! Is that inefficient or what? Like what Gem2505 said, it should be on performance, not number of hours spent tailing around the lab siah. Want to act busy also dont go to such extent mah....dong buay diao.
My RO told the overall in charge that this is not fair to us and guess what he says? Too bad loh, people lucky, you all suay loh.
what the...........

Gem2505

what to do. some in-charge/manager just do postman job. push things here n there. and provide non-productive advises/comments/works.

had a meeting last week, the HOD was in the meeting coz she knew about this issue. stepped in to give advise. she stand on my side one. she said during the meeting that it shd be based on performance but not mc/leaves coz all those are entitlement. but, that idiotic manager still insist on his unreasonable "reasons". buey tahan. den i let it be lar. no point debating with such people and affect my mood and my baby. all my staff ask me cool down and say dont care such unreasonable people. all my staffs also buey tahan him just that they dont care him and dont talk to him.. can avoid, they will avoid seeing him. ha!

just 1 word to describe my manager, he super KIASI. he scared to confirm me den later i still cont take MC and leaves den HR will find him. wth. such reason, he also can give me. i say him back, even if u dont confirm me now, i will still take MC and leaves when its needed. extend of probation will not stop me from taking MCs and LEAVEs! haha! brave right. shoot him st on his face. den i say, JUST DO WHATEVER YOU WANT, SINCE WHATEVER I SAY IS POINTLESS! den i turn away. hahaha!

what to do. some in-charge/manager just do postman job. push things here n there. and provide non-productive advises/comments/works.

had a meeting last week, the HOD was in the meeting coz she knew about this issue. stepped in to give advise. she stand on my side one. she said during the meeting that it should be based on performance but not mc/leaves coz all those are entitlement. but, that idiotic manager still insist on his unreasonable "reasons". buey tahan. then i let it be . no point debating with such people and affect my mood and my baby. all my staff ask me cool down and say dont care such unreasonable people. all my staffs also buey tahan him just that they dont care him and dont talk to him.. can avoid, they will avoid seeing him. ha!

just 1 word to describe my manager, he super KIASI. he scared to confirm me then later i still cont take MC and leaves then HR will find him. wth. such reason, he also can give me. i say him back, even if you dont confirm me now, i will still take MC and leaves when its needed. extend of probation will not stop me from taking MCs and LEAVEs! haha! brave right. shoot him st on his face. then i say, JUST DO WHATEVER YOU WANT, SINCE WHATEVER I SAY IS POINTLESS! then i turn away. hahaha!
I also cannot stand people keep pushing the work to u...then after which when u are angry and rebuke back...colleague will say u mood swing ah..but is not. And some people think u doing less because u are pregnant...which is not the case.

Gem2505

I also cannot stand people keep pushing the work to you...then after which when you are angry and rebuke back...colleague will say you mood swing ..but is not. And some people think you doing less because you are pregnant...which is not the case.
i dont have other people in my dept as in, doing the same things as me. so there's no one i can push to. so dont have this prob. the only person can help is my v irritating manager which, he only use mouth to say, no action done. i got 16 staffs under me. so if things is related to them, i just ask them to do and clear the case. things they cant do, i absorb all. lucky i got 1 admin aunty v good, always help me out. else i confirm cannot make it at all.

i dont have other people in my dept as in, doing the same things as me. so there's no one i can push to. so dont have this prob. the only person can help is my very irritating manager which, he only use mouth to say, no action done. i got 16 staffs under me. so if things is related to them, i just ask them to do and clear the case. things they cant do, i absorb all. lucky i got 1 admin aunty very good, always help me out. else i confirm cannot make it at all.
You consider very lucky to have a good helper and staffs.

had a meeting last week, the HOD was in the meeting coz she knew about this issue. stepped in to give advise. she stand on my side one. she said during the meeting that it should be based on performance but not mc/leaves coz all those are entitlement. but, that idiotic manager still insist on his unreasonable "reasons". buey tahan. then i let it be . no point debating with such people and affect my mood and my baby. all my staff ask me cool down and say dont care such unreasonable people. all my staffs also buey tahan him just that they dont care him and dont talk to him.. can avoid, they will avoid seeing him. ha!

just 1 word to describe my manager, he super KIASI. he scared to confirm me then later i still cont take MC and leaves then HR will find him. wth. such reason, he also can give me. i say him back, even if you dont confirm me now, i will still take MC and leaves when its needed. extend of probation will not stop me from taking MCs and LEAVEs! haha! brave right. shoot him st on his face. then i say, JUST DO WHATEVER YOU WANT, SINCE WHATEVER I SAY IS POINTLESS! then i turn away. hahaha!
goodness...what is wrong with this manager. totally ridiculous

reminds me that time how i shouted at my ex-boss too
I said "I have worked for 9 years and I have not seen any more managing style as stupid as this!"

He is 30, I am 30. I spend 9 years working after poly. He only just graduated from his PhD, knows nothing and gets scolding everyday.

Gem2505

goodness...what is wrong with this manager. totally ridiculous

reminds me that time how i shouted at my ex-boss too
I said "I have worked for 9 years and I have not seen any more managing style as stupid as this!"

He is 30, I am 30. I spend 9 years working after poly. He only just graduated from his PhD, knows nothing and gets scolding everyday.
ya lo. sometimes, organization is so nonsense. employ someone with 0 experience to lead the team when he/she cannot make it at all. same case here lor. my manager was being transffered to my dept coz his previous dept dont want him but they cannot sack him coz we're in the govenment sector. + suey suey at that time, my dept no manager. so they just fill in the hole with such useless person. haiz. consider everyone in the dept being unlucky man. many times, im teaching him. he only ask me to follow what was did in the past thats all. wth. i dont need him. i can read from the files myself. -_-"

ya . sometimes, organization is so nonsense. employ someone with 0 experience to lead the team when he/she cannot make it at all. same case here . my manager was being transffered to my dept coz his previous dept dont want him but they cannot sack him coz we're in the govenment sector. + suey suey at that time, my dept no manager. so they just fill in the hole with such useless person. sigh. consider everyone in the dept being unlucky man. many times, im teaching him. he only ask me to follow what was did in the past thats all. wth. i dont need him. i can read from the files myself. -_-"
my ex boss think he is so adult and treat me like a small kid.
I remember he asked me something on certain experiments and I answer it correctly. He goes "Good girl"
In my mind, I was like, hey you idiot, we are both the same age, stop thinking you are so sud sud and act like my father!

I remember he asked me something on certain experiments and I answer it correctly. He goes "Good girl"
In my mind, I was like, hey you idiot, we are both the same age, stop thinking you are so sud sud and act like my father!
wow man, next time u joke and say..u sound like my father, give me more pocket money. heehee

ali50n

ya . sometimes, organization is so nonsense. employ someone with 0 experience to lead the team when he/she cannot make it at all. same case here . my manager was being transffered to my dept coz his previous dept dont want him but they cannot sack him coz we're in the govenment sector. + suey suey at that time, my dept no manager. so they just fill in the hole with such useless person. sigh. consider everyone in the dept being unlucky man. many times, im teaching him. he only ask me to follow what was did in the past thats all. wth. i dont need him. i can read from the files myself. -_-"
I also work in gov sector, it is simple if they insists of extending ur probation then tell ur husband to lodge a complain to the HQ. Ur manager and the top boss sure kenna very jialat one, cos gov already said need more babies that's y they cannot stop it one. My ex-collegue also pregnant that time she c our company doc, my boss got the cheek to ask the doc if she is really not feeling well. The doc said him back "gov now encourage ppl to have more babies if u r not happy u can complain to the PM". U should c his face man u will be :Dancing_tongue:

Gem2505

LOL! den u must say back, hey, thanks for your compliment uncle! LOL~ -_-"
or nx time he is able to ans u, den u say, "good job boy!" hahahaha~

Gem2505

I also work in gov sector, it is simple if they insists of extending your probation then tell your husband to lodge a complain to the HQ. your manager and the top boss sure kenna very jialat one, cos gov already said need more babies that's y they cannot stop it one. My ex-collegue also pregnant that time she c our company doc, my boss got the cheek to ask the doc if she is really not feeling well. The doc said him back "gov now encourage ppl to have more babies if you r not happy you can complain to the PM". you should c his face man you will be :Dancing_tongue:
haiz. alot problem now. the deputy director resigned. he was the one who counter sign at my extension of my probation lor. wth lo. if he leave earlier, den i wont kenna already coz the one that is going to take over his port folio actually stands on my side coz i spoke to her before on my prob but becoz she has not officially take over, she cant help also. urghhhh!

the meeting on my issue with my manager n the going to take over lady few weeks back, i shoot my manager till he shut up. but he still insists lor. somemore can say, can ask the doctor to proof all those MCs i took is becoz of my pregnancy?! wth! MC is MC! why care whether its due to preg or not. no link what. so i say back, IF ITS DUE TO MY PREG, SO WILL THERE BE ANY CHANGES? IF YES, I AM MORE WILLING TO ASK THE DOC TO PROOF IT! - he shut up after that. i think im damn brave to speak that st on his face in front of the going to be deputy director. LOL!

till now, my confirmation date is already long over, they havent even give me any letter. -_-" but he made me sign on the appraisal just 2 days before my confirmation date to say he want to extend another 3 months. but till now, HR havent get back at all. bth. i am waiting for the letter. n i will go to the MP if i want to find trouble with him. LOL! dunno want to report against him anot also..
hmm... :err: should I??

sigh. alot problem now. the deputy director resigned. he was the one who counter sign at my extension of my probation . wth . if he leave earlier, then i wont kenna already coz the one that is going to take over his port folio actually stands on my side coz i spoke to her before on my prob but becoz she has not officially take over, she cant help also. urghhhh!

the meeting on my issue with my manager n the going to take over lady few weeks back, i shoot my manager till he shut up. but he still insists . somemore can say, can ask the doctor to proof all those MCs i took is becoz of my pregnancy?! wth! MC is MC! why care whether its due to preg or not. no link what. so i say back, IF ITS DUE TO MY PREG, SO WILL THERE BE ANY CHANGES? IF YES, I AM MORE WILLING TO ASK THE DOC TO PROOF IT! - he shut up after that. i think im damn brave to speak that st on his face in front of the going to be deputy director. LOL!

till now, my confirmation date is already long over, they havent even give me any letter. -_-" but he made me sign on the appraisal just 2 days before my confirmation date to say he want to extend another 3 months. but till now, HR havent get back at all. bth. i am waiting for the letter. n i will go to the MP if i want to find trouble with him. LOL! dont know want to report against him anot also..
I strongly encourage you to report him.
I will also think its a good idea to get your doctor to write a letter to shoot him. He is obviously want to "tekan" you. Like just want to get rid of you. So orr sim, not scared got retribution? Go report MP since you work at govt sector. And also raise the issue to the straits time forum, asiaone forum, whatever you can find. Go to this website : Tripartite Alliance for Fair Employment Practices (TAFEP)

sigh. alot problem now. the deputy director resigned. he was the one who counter sign at my extension of my probation . wth . if he leave earlier, then i wont kenna already coz the one that is going to take over his port folio actually stands on my side coz i spoke to her before on my prob but becoz she has not officially take over, she cant help also. urghhhh!

the meeting on my issue with my manager n the going to take over lady few weeks back, i shoot my manager till he shut up. but he still insists . somemore can say, can ask the doctor to proof all those MCs i took is becoz of my pregnancy?! wth! MC is MC! why care whether its due to preg or not. no link what. so i say back, IF ITS DUE TO MY PREG, SO WILL THERE BE ANY CHANGES? IF YES, I AM MORE WILLING TO ASK THE DOC TO PROOF IT! - he shut up after that. i think im damn brave to speak that st on his face in front of the going to be deputy director. LOL!

till now, my confirmation date is already long over, they havent even give me any letter. -_-" but he made me sign on the appraisal just 2 days before my confirmation date to say he want to extend another 3 months. but till now, HR havent get back at all. bth. i am waiting for the letter. n i will go to the MP if i want to find trouble with him. LOL! dont know want to report against him anot also..
I will also think its a good idea to get your doctor to write a letter to shoot him. He is obviously want to "tekan" you. Like just want to get rid of you. So orr sim, not scared got retribution? Go report MP since you work at govt sector. And also raise the issue to the straits time forum, asiaone forum, whatever you can find. Go to this website : Tripartite Alliance for Fair Employment Practices (TAFEP)

If you can, contact Aware. blow the matter big big.
let him die until he dunno when he kena kick into long kang.
He never meet a person like me yet

let him die until he dont know when he kena kick into long kang.
sometimes think of it quite sad, we just want to do our best at work and at the same time enjoy being a mother..carry our baby in our tummy for 8-10 months with joy.

sometimes think of it quite sad, we just want to do our best at work and at the same time enjoy being a mother..carry our baby in our tummy for 8-10 months with joy.
Agree. seemed like nobody understand why there are people who do not want children and thus, falling birth rate. they think money is the main issue. true it is, but the thing is we all want to feel joy and happiness and we want children to love. We feel and want love. but seemed like there are certain people who dun understand this

Like what my friend used to say, maybe these people are unhappy themselves, so they cannot see people happy.

Gem2505

let him die until he dont know when he kena kick into long kang.
Thanks! I have yet to receive any letter or so. But i think i dont need to get proof from doc. coz MC and Leave entitlement was given to all staff irregardless confirmed or not. its stated in the handbook. i can easily use the handbook details to fight back. just that sometimes im harsh, sometimes i tend to be alil soft hearted. so quite difficult to fight back. =X

I will try to find out how to make this issue into the papers. now that government encourage people to have kids but there are devils out there trying to find trouble with preg ladies. they shoud get it man! any idea where to write to? email?

Gem2505

Agree. seemed like nobody understand why there are people who do not want children and thus, falling birth rate. they think money is the main issue. true it is, but the thing is we all want to feel joy and happiness and we want children to love. We feel and want love. but seemed like there are certain people who dont understand this

Like what my friend used to say, maybe these people are unhappy themselves, so they cannot see people happy.
these people that cannot see people happy is damn pathetic and they have to make people's life so miserable. they themselves have miserable life can liao, but still die die want to drag people in! damn ORRR SIM! argh!!

Thanks! I have yet to receive any letter or so. But i think i dont need to get proof from doc. coz MC and Leave entitlement was given to all staff irregardless confirmed or not. its stated in the handbook. i can easily use the handbook details to fight back. just that sometimes im harsh, sometimes i tend to be alil soft hearted. so quite difficult to fight back. =X

I will try to find out how to make this issue into the papers. now that government encourage people to have kids but there are devils out there trying to find trouble with preg ladies. they shoud get it man! any idea where to write to? email?
I think straits time forum is thru emails. if you buy straits time the forum where letters are published, usually they put the address to send to in the papers

Another way is get Tripartite Alliance for Fair Employment Practices (TAFEP) to help

rainbow123

Your boss in which era ? Who is he to doubt the doctor giving you MC ?
Just tell the doctor to write u a letter , say your boss doubt you and him ..
Pretty sure the doctor will be on your side ... :001_302: