Sweets for your toddler

IJmum

suggestion to replace sweets: dried fruits rolls, cut into small pcs like sweet :)

naturally sweet with all e vitamin goodness :)

u can buy fm organic shops (1 big roll can cut into many pcs) or u can make ur own fruit rolls at hm :)
Hi stonston, may I know how you make the fruit rolls?

Ting

hmmm, i only give pin biscuits to eat.
like those yam yam kind. but i dun dip it in the choco cream though.
just plainly the biscuit sticks.
but i do give her a bit of ice cream when im hving it. or maybe a bit of my chocolate.
hee.
but i buy those baby snacks for her. like fruit jellies n cheese sticks.
i think abit of sweet stuffs is fine as long as it is controlled.
well, we all love to indulge once in a while dun we?

:D

stonston

Hi stonston, may I know how you make the fruit rolls?
You can either invest in a food dehydrator or use oven :)

if using food dehydrator, it is v simple n fast :) The smaller version costs around $200+ at CK tangs. Buy during sales period, really worth it! And you can make dried fruits with it too. I use to make dried mangoes, dried strawberries, etc. YUMMY!

if using oven, u will need to blend/puree the fruit, if the fruit is extremely juicy, you can strain the juice out to drink, then use the pulp to make the rolls (but don't make the pulp very dry).
You spread the puree around half cm thick on greaseproof paper, then put it on a baking tray and put in the oven. Leave oven door open, set to lowest possible temperature, set to heat from the bottom only (if your oven has this setting), set a fan nearby to circulate the air.

angelzwynd

guess that kids simply love sweets, so i just buy those multi-vits yummies for her since it's beneficial & oso can stop her frm eating those sweets simply made of sugar:Dancing_wub:

stonston

guess that kids simply love sweets, so i just buy those multi-vits yummies for her since it's beneficial & oso can stop her frm eating those sweets simply made of sugar:Dancing_wub:
must be careful about the multivits gummies, cannot give too much. there is a max per day :)

Celina

i dun give my son sweets even at 14 mths now, only chocolate when im eating. But he wun insist on having thou. Sometimes when he's a lilttle to cranky, a lil snacks, be it chocolate or biscuits. He wil be okie. yakult wil do wonders.!

CanCanMum

i din give sweets but till now wasn't able to stop others from giving....haha....pple love to give my boy sweets and ice-creams....makes him cough...

January84

i dont give at all. bUt not able to stop my MIL from giving cos i am not around....
She will buy those candies, sweets etc to feed him loh...

autumn82

Erm.. yea, can't really stop MIL from giving. Especially those like brandless type. dunno got poison or not.. *shakes head*