Terrible 2/3

spottycow

When does your toddler get over the terrible 2 or terrible 3 stage?

DD is 3 1/2 now and recently she is very behaving and listens to instructions. I am so relieved she has passed the "terrible" stage. She started being a real brat at around her 2nd bday. So she was a real terror for about 1 1/2yrs.

Mommies with toddlers, lets share how long you have to endure this terrible stage. :001_302:

shopaholic

My #2 is 2.5yo now and is stimes getting out of hand. Will scream if she doesnt get her way and I hv to resort to waving the cane at her. :( I dont really hv a problem with my elder kid who is more "mild" and well-behaved.

mae

after the terrible stages...now my girl knows how to reason out...teaching me things sometimes...:)

spottycow

The terrible stages seems like forever. And I also did noticed that the second one seems to more terrible then the first also. Probably because with the first one, the boundary was firmly set. But with the second one, I think coz we sometimes are so busy with the first one that we would neglect the 2nd one. So the 2nd one would always try his/her luck on crossing the boundaries....

sherelle65

My girl just turned 3 last month but she is still so very hard to control coz she simply chooses NOT to listen to instructions and so my 2nd one who turns 2 this week is even worse than my girl because he follows everything she does but with him, he is daring enough to take whatever naughty thing they do a notch further than she does so basically its pure HELL for us at the moment with 2 kids in their terrible phase and I just want it to STOP!

My first one starts Nursery in Jan so I am hoping when she starts to go to school it will get better even for the boy....."Hoping & Praying":wong7:

Last edited:

SDY

Alpha Male

DD is 3 1/2 now and recently she is very behaving and listens to instructions. I am so relieved she has passed the "terrible" stage. She started being a real brat at around her 2nd bday. So she was a real terror for about 1 1/2yrs.

Mommies with toddlers, lets share how long you have to endure this terrible stage. :001_302:
You mean there is a Terribe 3 stage :eek::eek:
We're already at our wits' end with my 26mth old girl. She cries, throws tantrums, refuses to eat, beats other kids in school, beats teachers trying to break up "fights" with fellow T2s and the list goes on :we3goofy:

:wecry: there is still T3 to go...

Mom72

I don't have this terrible 2 experience with my elder son before and when my girl starts to throw tantrums by kicking her legs and crying on the floor even before she is 2yo, I got a shock out of my life!

EnFlor

Now my 23mth old gal :

:eek:screams like a tarzan,
:eek:smacks people's faces,
:eek:throws her body on the ground when she get angry,
:eek:kicks her legs up on air when she can't get what she wants,
:eek:struggles when being carried whenever i want to comfort her,

And the poor ME reaction to all of the above?
I just ignore her lah. In less than 10mins, she will come running towards me and will ask for her milk. :embarrassed: Haiz, i guess those antics will stop when she knows how to form at least some short phrases to convey her messages. I got to 'tahan' for now.

naze

I'm facing this stage also, my daugther just scream & shout & always want maid to carry. Me now second week of confinement already cant stand her, me going crazy, scold & use cane on her, doesnt seems to help...can anyone advise how to deal with "Terrible 2" ?

jazz_sofia

my little girl is turning 31mos...yes, she's still in that terrible stage, but i noticed that whenever she throws tantrums and dont want to listen to me, i just show her a sad face and will tell her: "ur a good girl right?u musnt do that" then she'll go to me and will say: "mommy, smile pls" then she will hug me, and then will behave...i always tell her that shes a good girl and will explain the things that good girls do...there r times that she really push my buttons and i became very pissed or upset...but i try my very best not to loose my cool bec i observe that whenever i raise my voice, her voice is louder than mine, so when i get angry, i go down to her level, i look her eye to eye and will tell her that she is behaving like a not good girl...this is very effective on her

stonston

i tink i'm a very mean mummy. when my boy throw tantrum, i jus ignore him until he stops n tell me nicely wot he wants. no point giving in to him jus cause he throw tantrum, give in once, he noe he can behave this way to get his way. give in another time, he noe tt confirm he'll get his way by behaving tt way.

if it's something i realli dun wish to give him, i'll explain n offer something else. or tell him i'll give him later (sometimes he wanna bring his car go downstairs to play but i'm cooking halfway.

and he noes who he can 'mess with'. throwing tantrum with my sis n my parents will mean he gets his way. with me, my bro, my hb n my maid, he wont get his way :p

CanCanMum

age 1-2 = irritating coz poor at expressing himself....whines and whines...feel like squeezing him

age 2-3 = fantastico....can Speak and express himself like a PRO....occasionally whines a bit and throws tantrums

age 3 - current = repeating his whines and tantrums.....Shou Bu Liaoz

I show him stern face, he will go Super pathetic face and say "SORRY MUMMY"

den i Bo chap him, he will "MUMMY, U NEVER SAY ITS OK DE"

see? Dunno learnt from who.....

Ting

hmmm, pin is 27mths now. but uh, she is a good girl n listens well.
but she can be damn whiny sometimes. other than tt, i think she a pretty well behaved girl cos she knows her please-s n thankyou-s n she does ask us politely when she wants somethings.
but when she whines, can really be damn annoying, esp the I DON'T WANT part.

stonston

age 1-2 = irritating coz poor at expressing himself....whines and whines...feel like squeezing him

age 2-3 = fantastico....can Speak and express himself like a PRO....occasionally whines a bit and throws tantrums

age 3 - current = repeating his whines and tantrums.....Shou Bu Liaoz

I show him stern face, he will go Super pathetic face and say "SORRY MUMMY"

den i Bo chap him, he will "MUMMY, U NEVER SAY ITS OK DE"

see? Dunno learnt from who.....
ur boy realli hilarious. dun wanna leave my house, wanna stay at my house while u go off. hahaha. n he speaks like his daddy.

wenz

ermm... am still enduring the terrible stage now!
my DD is like a mad woman lo... scareming~~~ always mess with my stuff... cry for things she wants and throw temper etc... worst is she is not afraid of anything including cane! she wun even whine abit during injection and blood test!!
so i got a hard time trying to control her!!!

How i wish she quickly pass this stage especially my no.3 is coming soon~~~
:elvis:

My 2nd DD also very terrible... Its really everything you all mention. From screaming, shouting, jumping, kicking... Aiyo... headache man!!!!!

Die die must get what she wants... Like I said in another thread, I always the devil at home... My DH always give in to her...

Now she go school oso another headache...

Then when i raise my voice at her, or scold her after dat I heartpain, scare she hate me...

I really dunno how to handle her...

skerminesp

My DS is starting to throw temper also but I try the ignore method and it really works! Of course the people around me were shooting me dirty looks. Maybe they are thinking 'why this mother so bad, blah blah...'

Ting

hmmm, dun be too bothered.
when pin doesnt wanna move her butt n squat/sit on the floor, i just walk away n turn to take glances at her. even if she roll on the floor i wont go over to pick her up.
i tell her to either follow, or someone will come n grab her away. haha.
she follows. :)