Typical Visit to Gynae

summerp

Hi,

Hows your visit to gynae like?

For me, it like after entering the room, doc ask how r u then do the scan and hear bb heartbeat and tell you to see him 4 weeks later and off you go.. The visit usually takes around 5min.

I know it means everything is going well.. But as 1st time mummy, i feel like abit clueless and so routine... There is no mention on the baby's progress or anything else i should expect/look out for before the next visit...

Anyone wish to share their experience? Thanks...

Ting

u visit which gynae?
pte de?
for me, i was seeing the docs at kkh, which is under sub rate, so also very fast, go in n chopchop then go out, unless i got probs n all then stay longer.

mine is private doc.. also go in talk talk scan scan.. got questions then i ask he ans lor.. and he tell me how is baby all this lor.. also quite fast de..
only if baby have anything need to look out will stay longer..
the longest i stay is when he want to check how is baby heart beat and am i encountering any contraction..

CanCanMum

mine last time was oso chop chop coz it was a half day clinic (Sat) and normally there are so many patients waiting to see him.....

normally juz scan and ask questions and tats all.....but normally my mum goes in with me and everytime he will ask me "is tat your mum" lols~~~

BbpHir3

mine oso pte.. at kkh.. i go in, doc ask how m i.. den ask "A.. Your mum didnt come with you?" (tat's y i keep suspecting he noes my mum.. -_-'" everytime ask bout my mum~~) after tat he check for updates in my file, den scan... den he tell me baby's alright, if got anything interesting bout the scan, he'll tell me (lyk it's a boy or this is the face etc etc..) den after tat he ask if i still need any supplements/ medicine.. i ask questions he ans, den out i go lohz~~~ usually it's something lyk tat..

jasobias

Hi,

Hows your visit to gynae like?

For me, it like after entering the room, doc ask how are you then do the scan and hear baby heartbeat and tell you to see him 4 weeks later and off you go.. The visit usually takes around 5min.

I know it means everything is going well.. But as 1st time mummy, i feel like abit clueless and so routine... There is no mention on the baby's progress or anything else i should expect/look out for before the next visit...

Anyone wish to share their experience? Thanks...
My gynae is fantastic.For the first visit she scans the baby to see the growth n heartbeat.Then she gives me advice on wht to eat n not n all tht i shldnt be doing.She answers all my questions n never seem to rush me out.

When i go for my monthly checks she even allows my son who is with me all the time to help her press the button on printer to help print out the scans.She does the usual measurements but wld always point out stuff ..like "see..the baby's eyes r open".."ooh..look its waving" etc.My son loves my visits there.Its so very impt to get a good gynae n one who has tonnes of patience.

uddermummy

mine's a pte gynae but she's also v chop chop.

i think if you want to know more, you'll have to prepare a list of questions.

mine was of the old school type where you just have to listen to what the doc says.

Ashbaby

Hates those chop chop gynae. Im seeing Dr Wong Mun Tat, he is very patience and wait for us to ask alot of question cos Im 1st time MTB.

He even ask my HB to come closer to tk a look at the BB heartbeat.

apollo

my gynae still okay la..

during the 1st visit will tell me what not to eat and not to do... but when baby stable alrdy also didnt say much but whenever i ask her anything she will ans to all my qns..

during the scan, she will not hurry and tell us where's the baby's head, heartbeat, legs and what's the baby doing at the movement...

but normally also 10 mins like that la wont be long one...

summerp

my gynae still okay ..

during the 1st visit will tell me what not to eat and not to do... but when baby stable alrdy also didnt say much but whenever i ask her anything she will ans to all my qns..

during the scan, she will not hurry and tell us where's the baby's head, heartbeat, legs and what's the baby doing at the movement...

but normally also 10 mins like that wont be long one...
During the scan, my gynae only say - "see see your baby" ....... maybe less than 10sec, he proceed to check the heartbeat... Maybe he see too many patients so its like nothing new to him...

shiseru

Hi,

For me, it like after entering the room, doc ask how are you then do the scan and hear baby heartbeat and tell you to see him 4 weeks later and off you go.. The visit usually takes around 5min.
That sounds awfully like Dr KT Tan at Kandang Kerbau Hospital! o_O

Me enter the consultation room.
Dr Tan: "Hi how are you, is everything okay...?
Me:...
Dr Tan: Alright, if nothing of major concern, let's scan the baby okay...?
Dr Tan: See, baby moving.. baby heartbeat's good.. baby's doing fine...
Dr Tan: Okay, still have your vitamins and fish oil? Continue taking okay? Alright then I will see you next time...
Me: Thank you doctor, bye bye.

Chop Chop curry pok but I am pretty comfortable with her so far :blaugh:

apollo

i think most impt is during the scan, whether baby appear to be healthy anot... cos if baby is healthy, and u got not much qns to ask, no point staying in the consultation room to chat with the gynae... :001_302:

annie03

i think most impt is during the scan, whether baby appear to be healthy anot... cos if baby is healthy, and you got not much qns to ask, no point staying in the consultation room to chat with the gynae... :001_302:
ya i agree too cos other preggy mums might be waiting outside for the turn and unless u gt things to ask.. if not and just to chit chat, the rest of the patients will just turn rather impatient if taking too long..

and my gynae also take abt 5mins thru out the whole visit cos his clinic is always pack and he's always very chop chop too...

stonston

For my gynae his appt time for patients are mostly 30min apart, during busy periods is 15min apart. so when i go in, he'll ask everything ok? any complains or discomfort? anything i wanna ask? then he'll proceed to do the scan. I've nvr had a vaginal scan at all :p then he'll show us different parts of e baby. at the beginning onli got head, spine n heartbeat, then he'll zoom different angles of the spine n show us baby has a nice strong spine. then show us the heartbeat. then when baby started to form limbs, he show is the head, eyes, nose, ears (he declared my boy got my ears very early in my pregnancy & he got it right!), limbs, belly, etc. usually the ultrasound itself will last 5-10min cos my hb was busy videoing everything down! then sometimes my hb will ask questions, he'll answer them very patiently.

He does not talk to me about nutrition cos he noes i studied nutrition & he says he wont wanna nag, but i can feel free to clarify with him. & he explained all the different tests to us & discuss wot's necessary & wot's optional, the importance/significance of the tests. our discussions always very in depth cos we read up and write down our questions before we go :)

i think different ppl got different preferences. some like 'chop chop' style, some like a more personal touch. it really depends on u :)
i noe for sure if they gynae's waiting time v long, i wont want 'chop chop' style cos feel like not worth my time waiting so long?

mrs_eg

My gynae is fantastic.For the first visit she scans the baby to see the growth and heartbeat.Then she gives me advice on wht to eat and not and all tht i shldnt be doing.She answers all my questions and never seem to rush me out.

When i go for my monthly checks she even allows my son who is with me all the time to help her press the button on printer to help print out the scans.She does the usual measurements but wld always point out stuff ..like "see..the baby's eyes are open".."ooh..look its waving" etc.My son loves my visits there.Its so very impt to get a good gynae and one who has tonnes of patience.
Hi jasobias,

Ur gynae seems nice n motherly...
Care to share who she is???? N wher she is at??
Wld realli appreciate it!!!

bellerichez

For my gynae his appt time for patients are mostly 30min apart, during busy periods is 15min apart. so when i go in, he'll ask everything ok? any complains or discomfort? anything i wanna ask? then he'll proceed to do the scan. I've never had a vaginal scan at all :p then he'll show us different parts of e baby. at the beginning onli got head, spine and heartbeat, then he'll zoom different angles of the spine and show us baby has a nice strong spine. then show us the heartbeat. then when baby started to form limbs, he show is the head, eyes, nose, ears (he declared my boy got my ears very early in my pregnancy & he got it right!), limbs, belly, etc. usually the ultrasound itself will last 5-10min cos my husband was busy videoing everything down! then sometimes my husband will ask questions, he'll answer them very patiently.

He does not talk to me about nutrition cos he noes i studied nutrition & he says he wont wanna nag, but i can feel free to clarify with him. & he explained all the different tests to us & discuss what's necessary & what's optional, the importance/significance of the tests. our discussions always very in depth cos we read up and write down our questions before we go :)

i think different ppl got different preferences. some like 'chop chop' style, some like a more personal touch. it really depends on you :)
i know for sure if they gynae's waiting time very long, i wont want 'chop chop' style cos feel like not worth my time waiting so long?

My gynae almost same as yours. Will Zoom different angle or parts for us to see, will answer our question nicely, will ask how am i feeling today, and one thing i like abt my gynae is that he always give words of encouragement (which makes me feel good after each visit). He won't rush his patients although outside there's alot more patients waiting to see him.

cocraze

I think it really depends on a few factors, both on your part and the gynae's part.

If you are the type who prefer to ask questions, clarify doubts and worries, I think most gynae will address your concerns. Of course there are the other cases mentioned in this forum that the gynae (partcular individuals) brush off your concerns or treat you not-so-politely.

I personally feel that there is no need to expect the gynae to chit-chat with you after the standard routines are completed. Cos I think they roster appointments in 15 min intervals. My sister's gynae at Mt E is very popular and she always has to wait quite awhile before she gets to go in.

For my own visits so far (only a handful), my gynae does the routine like what is described in earlier posts. Come in, ask whether got any particular discomfort or symptom or changes I feel since the last visit. Do ultrasound scan (measure CRL to check growth of baby), check if my fibroid grow bigger (which was giving me some soreness/pain). Finish scan usually just assure that growth and development are normal. I usually take this chance to ask questions that I'd prepared beforehand, to clarify doubts. Finish asking then just say see you in X weeks time....

Mine is quite friendly and fatherly, I feel, so far. Though at times, I thought he sometimes looked 'blur' when I first stepped in. Understandable, since they see so many patients and they need to review the case file and see the history so far before talking to me. That's why I tend to ask my questions after the scan/later in the visit.

Good thing also that I am not working, so I tend to be try to book not-so-busy appointment timings like in the middle of the day or early in the morning. I notice there tends to be more patients during the night clinic. So I guess Im usually there at a timing where he isn't rushed for time to meet the next appointment or to rush off, which is GOOD...:)

jasobias

Hi jasobias,

your gynae seems nice and motherly...
Care to share who she is???? and wher she is at??
Wld really appreciate it!!!
My gynae is Dr lee I wuen at Raffles Hospital.She helped deliver my 2 sons n wld be doing so for this baby too.She is just so cautious so u never have to worry abt anything.She is a very petite lady so when she checks for dilations..no pain or discomfort at all!!!!
I wld:Dancing_tongue: strongly recommend her to everyone.

uddermummy

That sounds awfully like Dr KT Tan at Kandang Kerbau Hospital! o_O

Me enter the consultation room.
Dr Tan: "Hi how are you, is everything okay...?
Dr Tan: Alright, if nothing of major concern, let's scan the baby okay...?
Dr Tan: See, baby moving.. baby heartbeat's good.. baby's doing fine...
Dr Tan: Okay, still have your vitamins and fish oil? Continue taking okay? Alright then I will see you next time...
Me: Thank you doctor, bye bye.

Chop Chop curry pok but I am pretty comfortable with her so far :blaugh:
hahaha. mine also like that!

uddermummy

My gynae is Dr lee I wuen at Raffles Hospital.She helped deliver my 2 sons and wld be doing so for this baby too.She is just so cautious so you never have to worry about anything.She is a very petite lady so when she checks for dilations..no pain or discomfort at all!!!!
I wld:Dancing_tongue: strongly recommend her to everyone.
wah, that is good! when my gynae and when the midwives checked me for dilation, it was more painful than the contractions!