Wat to use to heat up the porridge??

stonston

Btw, every month I do an analysis of my son's diet to check that he is getting enough nutrients (following Singapore's Recommended Dietary Allowances). I get my maid to record down what he eats everyday for 3 days (3-day food record) and I'll use a computer program to generate the amount of individual vitamins taken per day (average).

stonston

Snowbear, it's based on cooked portion. But it's just a general guide. For my son, he definitely eats more than that.

What's important is the proportion of carbo, protein and vege. It's very different from how we normally feed ourselves and kids :)

snowbear

Snowbear, it's based on cooked portion. But it's just a general guide. For my son, he definitely eats more than that.

What's important is the proportion of carbo, protein and vege. It's very different from how we normally feed ourselves and kids :)
ok thanks. My dd is a small eater.. can't seem to get much into her each time... based on your list of food to be given, i think she doesn't eat that much.

stonston

Snowbear, gals tend to be small eaters. It's good isn't it?
It's good to encourage her to eat. I see from your ticker that your gal is 11.5mths old? She's turning 1 soon!

Usually by 1yo, u r encouraged to give adult food but in small quantities. I didn't do tt cos i dun wanna expose my son to salty/seasoned food as much as possible :)

For now I think you can try to make the food variety larger and make the foods more attractive (colours, shapes, serving bowl, etc). My son's food is always colour, there'll be at least 4 colours :)

annie

wow your son very lucky! my girl poor thing cos her mummy dosent even know how to cook! lol. i only started to really cook after she started solid.. so maybe my food not so nice also lol.

i realise my girl digest food so slowly! she ate seaweed on saturday morning but then the seaweed only comes out in her poo this morning! looks undigested cos looks very seaweed lol

Last edited:

annie

pai seh snowbear, the info i get is not for only 7-8mths old baby.. the pamplet says its for baby taking 2 meals per day. so if alicia is on 2 meals maybe can follow that guideline as well. agar agar hehe. but then the class i went is for 7-8mths old baby .. i wonder when will we need to increase to 3 meals? when they are 1 your old?

need to edit my info. it says 50-80ml of porridge/meal. not 50-60ml. my mistake hehe sorry

Last edited:

annie

snowbear, so u mean 1 tablespoon of rice grains usually makes about 60ml of porridge? so u usually cook 2 tablespoon will means 120ml of porridge for alicia for her 2 meals? today i cook 2 tablespoon of porridge for my girl n she finished them all(left only half a tablespoonful)! plus some brocoli and 1 cube of sweet potato...dunno wanna safe the 1/2 tablespoon porridge for her lunch n give her more veg n fruits or throw n make new one...

snowbear

Btw, every month I do an analysis of my son's diet to check that he is getting enough nutrients (following Singapore's Recommended Dietary Allowances). I get my maid to record down what he eats everyday for 3 days (3-day food record) and I'll use a computer program to generate the amount of individual vitamins taken per day (average).
Actually i record everything that i do with her in the day in my pda phone like how much she eats from the different food groups, at what time, what time i changed her, fed her, her nap times etc so that i can monitor the food intake, sleeping patterns etc.... my brother says i'm crazy coz he says he's not even so 'on' about work and i'm only a stay at home mum. :tlaugh:

Snowbear, gals tend to be small eaters. It's good isn't it?
It's good to encourage her to eat. I see from your ticker that your gal is 11.5mths old? She's turning 1 soon!

Usually by 1yo, you are encouraged to give adult food but in small quantities. I didn't do that cos i dont wanna expose my son to salty/seasoned food as much as possible :)

For now I think you can try to make the food variety larger and make the foods more attractive (colours, shapes, serving bowl, etc). My son's food is always colour, there'll be at least 4 colours :)
Gals are small eaters... but i'm not... kekeke...
Yes, I'm always encouraging her to eat... my dear husband will say that that's an understatement.. hahaha...

I tried introducing some watered down table food to her yday but she actually spat it out.. Maybe she's not used to it..

Anyway i let her try the organic bottled foods for 10-15mth olds to intro strong flavoured meats like beef, lamb and tuna to her. I observe that she likes it more than the normal food that's served to her. Sigh... But the good thing is that ever since i intro her the first bottle, her appetite in general has also improved!!! Wonder if there's any link...

Thanks for the advice. Appreciate it.. :Dancing_wub:

Btw, my dear daughter rejected cereal since 9 months old. I tried again when she was 10months. I'm wondering if it's impt to feed her cereal now that she's turning 1yrold?

Last edited:

snowbear

snowbear, so you mean 1 tablespoon of rice grains usually makes about 60ml of porridge? so you usually cook 2 tablespoon will means 120ml of porridge for alicia for her 2 meals? today i cook 2 tablespoon of porridge for my girl and she finished them all(left only half a tablespoonful)! plus some brocoli and 1 cube of sweet potato...dont know wanna safe the 1/2 tablespoon porridge for her lunch and give her more veg and fruits or throw and make new one...
From my own observation my 1T (15ml) of grains yields 60ml of porridge.

If i were u, i'd throw the 1/2T and make a new batch. :)

I hardly cook 2 meals of porridge nowadays... give her different type of food for variety..

Last edited:

crystal79

i also do the same for fish and meat as with the veg puree. I portion out the fish and meat into what i need for a day then only defrost those. I'd take out the small pack of fish/meat the day before to thaw in the fridge. Try not to thaw food on the countertop coz that introduces bacteria to it.

After i peel potato actually i try to cook it immediately to prevent it from turning black. Can use salt water to soak it to prevent it from turning black but coz it's for dear daughter i dont want to soak in salt water. So i cook it then let it cool before putting it into the fridge.
Hi snowbear,

When u put the cooked potato in the fridge... u use it the next day... so after u take out, hw u heat up the cooked potato??? For me, coz i wan to make mashed potato for my dear daughter, i steam the cooked potato again... isit ok to use this way???

snowbear

Hi snowbear,

When you put the cooked potato in the fridge... you use it the next day... so after you take out, hw you heat up the cooked potato??? For me, coz i want to make mashed potato for my dear daughter, i steam the cooked potato again... isit ok to use this way???
yes, usually i steam up the food..