Wat to use to heat up the porridge??

snowbear

Erm... dont know your adult and mine different or not.. LOL. :p But am using the medium bowl for this range. Munchkin: Stay-Put Suction Bowls It is around 2 bowls for combi . :)

I wanted him to drink more milk so still on 1 meal until 1yr old, then I'll introduce 2 meals. :)
I bought the suction plate but after a few tugs by alicia it loses the suction...

Iggy can eat a lot at one go... alicia can only eat half a chinese bowl of plain porridge and 3T of ingredients max at 1 sitting.

Last edited:

snowbear

really ? hmm.. usually you all cook how much for 2meals?? 1/4 cup is consider a lot or little? i usually cook 1/4cup..
i cook 1 tablespoon (15ml) of uncooked grains for 1 meal (after cooking, it becomes 4 tablespoons (60ml) of porridge!!). I cook a fresh batch each time coz i dun think it's good for her to eat cold/warmed up porridge...

annie

ooh.. does she usually finish the 1tablespoon? ever thought of increasing? maybe i should just cook 1-2 tablespoon daily for her 2 meals n see how.. i need to buy a smaller pan this way! lol. my pan too big then if cook so little, the water dries up easily.. very mafan..rice cooker cannot cook so little also right anyway? hmm..

snowbear

ooh.. does she usually finish the 1tablespoon? ever thought of increasing? maybe i should just cook 1-2 tablespoon daily for her 2 meals and see how.. i need to buy a smaller pan this way! lol. my pan too big then if cook so little, the water dries up easily.. very mafan..rice cooker cannot cook so little also right anyway? hmm..
she normally eats only half the portion (2T of plain porridge) at 1 sitting. She'd have eaten 1T of cod and 1-2T of veg and meat at the same sitting. Usually can hear a burp after that so i dun force her to eat anymore. About 1hr later i feed her the rest of the food which she didn't finish (which i keep in the tiger container).

Yup, was discussing with dh whether to increase the portion or not... haha... think i'll increase it by a bit and see how.

My rice cooker actually got a function to cook a small quantity of rice (less than 1 cup) but i think it's only for cooking rice not porridge...

annie

mine can cook porridge but then the measurement starts from 0.5cups..so i was wondering if i simply put in 1-2 tablespoon, dont know can cook or not? lol.

oh.. so somehow she is having 4 meals instead of 2? since 1 hr later you make her finish the rest of the food from the previous session? i usually throw cos i worry bout bacteria..

my girl's appetite also same as alicia.. fluctuates as much as the stock market lol. sometimes when she feels like eating, she can finish 3 table spoon cooked porridge + 1 cube of veg and 1 cube of fruits.. but at times when she no mood to eat, she eats just 5-6mouthful then stop ..i also xiao xiao one. sometimes she eat alot then i worry she cant digest well cos it looks like a lot to me lol. then sometimes she eat so little i worry she not taking in enough solid. everything also worry lol. i think if alicia steadily eats at least 1 tablespoon or carbo then you can try increasing? my girl will close her mouth shut when she is full.. if i try to make her eat more she will simply gag on every mouthful that goes in and then after a while will start to cry. she will burp also when full. lol.

recently i went to attend a baby solid class here and they say the porridge that a 7-8mths old should take is about 50-60ml per serving...which is the amt alicia is taking now.

Last edited:

autumn82

I bought the suction plate but after a few tugs by alicia it loses the suction...

Iggy can eat a lot at one go... alicia can only eat half a chinese bowl of plain porridge and 3T of ingredients max at 1 sitting.
Serious? Then I better dun get the plate in future. :tlaugh:But the bowl works well so far.. Hee.

Erm, Iggy really does eat alot at one go.. 1hr after his porridge, he still drinks 8oz of milk wor.. :tlaugh:But still not as chubby as Belle when she was a baby.. :embarrassed:

stonston

my son is like bottomless pit. eat n eat n eat but nvr grow fat which is so irritating. we keep feeding him but he dun seem to put on weight!

annie

wow lol. my girl at times also like tat. i feed slower than she eats! i dun even have time to blow! lol. but she not everyday got mood to eat though..

snowbear

mine can cook porridge but then the measurement starts from 0.5cups..so i was wondering if i simply put in 1-2 tablespoon, dont know can cook or not? lol.

oh.. so somehow she is having 4 meals instead of 2? since 1 hr later you make her finish the rest of the food from the previous session? i usually throw cos i worry bout bacteria..
I put the food in the tiger container so i think it's fine. It's the same as bringing out the food in the lunchbox, just that i dun go out :001_302: The "remaining" food doesn't have any contact with her saliva; i usually will reserve a portion to keep coz she eats like a bird...

my girl's appetite also same as alicia.. fluctuates as much as the stock market lol. sometimes when she feels like eating, she can finish 3 table spoon cooked porridge + 1 cube of veg and 1 cube of fruits.. but at times when she no mood to eat, she eats just 5-6mouthful then stop ..i also xiao xiao one. sometimes she eat alot then i worry she cant digest well cos it looks like a lot to me lol. then sometimes she eat so little i worry she not taking in enough solid. everything also worry lol. i think if alicia steadily eats at least 1 tablespoon or carbo then you can try increasing? my girl will close her mouth shut when she is full.. if i try to make her eat more she will simply gag on every mouthful that goes in and then after a while will start to cry. she will burp also when full. lol.
i dun worry that she's eating too much... always worrying whether she's eating enuff... :tlaugh::tlaugh: Anyway there's no way i can make alicia eat when she doesn't want anymore coz she'll keep her mouth closed, tight-lipped, turn away when she sees the food approaching. Good also actually if they know they're full. My niece will just eat till she pukes then my sil will know that she's full... not very healthy i think...

recently i went to attend a baby solid class here and they say the porridge that a 7-8mths old should take is about 50-60ml per serving...which is the amt alicia is taking now.
:tlaugh::tlaugh:not surprising...

So how many servings of 50-60ml of porridge shld a 7-8mth bb eat in a day? 60ml of porridge is just plain porridge or porridge plus ingredients?
Any idea how much a 1-yr old shld eat?

snowbear

Serious? Then I better dont get the plate in future. :tlaugh:But the bowl works well so far.. Hee.

Erm, Iggy really does eat alot at one go.. 1hr after his porridge, he still drinks 8oz of milk .. :tlaugh:But still not as chubby as Belle when she was a baby.. :embarrassed:
:tlaugh::tlaugh: all babies are different!

annie

they say 50-60ml plain porridge, 20-30g veg/fruits n 10-15g protein(meat/fish) OR 1 egg yolk OR 30-40g tofu OR 50-70g plain yogurt for a meal...for 7-8mths old bb.. for 1 yr old i dunno leh sorry. haven attend so high level class hehe.

i see.. i thought u mean those that she haven finish in the 1st session which already has her saliva hehe. so far i keep my food warm using my rice cooker's keep warm function cos sending my zojirushi container back to their service center..today i tried your method of giving my girl her remaining food after 1 hr n it works! she eats all or them! lol. at first dunno y she eats a few mouth then dun wan liao so i keep inside the rice cooker n then give it to her after 30mins(but then i kept the food which already touched her saliva leh. can ma?)

ya ya my girl also. i try pushing the spoon into her mouth but cant cos she seal it so tight! if i try to push somemore she will start crying lol

stonston

For Asian Children:
10 - 12 mths old
Early morning (once wake up)
- breastmilk or 180-240 ml formula*
Breakfast
- 60-90ml infant cereal/carbohydrate**
- 30-45 ml fruit
Lunch
- 30-60ml infant cereal/carbohydrate**
- 15-30 ml meat or meat alternative
- 45-75 ml vegetables
- 45-60 ml fruit
Break
- some finger foods/healthy snacks
Dinner
- 30-45 ml meat or meat alternative
- 45-75 ml vegetables
- 30-45 ml fruit
- breastmilk or 180-240 ml formula* (optional)
Additional milk feed before sleeping

* If baby is not breastfed, iron-fortified, commercial infant formula is recommended for the first 9 to 12 months.
** Iron-fortified infant cereal is recommended for babies during the first 2 years.

Between 9 and 12 months you can introduce whole cow's milk to your baby. When baby is 9 months old, offer healthy snacks between meals.

annie

dinner no need carbo??

btw, do u all really go n count the grams of food u all give to bb or agar agar??

stonston

Breakfast already gave carbo, there is enough carbo for the whole day already. We Asians tend to take more carbo than recommended :)

I did not follow strictly by the grams/ml, but I go by estimation. But my estimation is very accurate cos my job is food-related, i'm always around food :)

snowbear

For Asian Children:
10 - 12 mths old
Early morning (once wake up)
Breakfast
- 60-90ml infant cereal/carbohydrate**
- 30-45 ml fruit
Lunch
- 30-60ml infant cereal/carbohydrate**
- 15-30 ml meat or meat alternative
- 45-75 ml vegetables
- 45-60 ml fruit
Break
- some finger foods/healthy snacks
Dinner
- 30-45 ml meat or meat alternative
- 45-75 ml vegetables
- 30-45 ml fruit
- breastmilk or 180-240 ml formula* (optional)
Additional milk feed before sleeping

* If baby is not breastfed, iron-fortified, commercial infant formula is recommended for the first 9 to 12 months.
** Iron-fortified infant cereal is recommended for babies during the first 2 years.

Between 9 and 12 months you can introduce whole cow's milk to your baby. When baby is 9 months old, offer healthy snacks between meals.

May i know the g/ml of food you mentioned is the cooked portion or the uncooked portion? Coz so far i measured, 15ml of rice grains expands to about 60ml of porridge and 15ml of uncooked chicken meat expands to about 30ml when cooked...

Breakfast already gave carbo, there is enough carbo for the whole day already. We Asians tend to take more carbo than recommended :)

I did not follow strictly by the grams/ml, but I go by estimation. But my estimation is very accurate cos my job is food-related, i'm always around food :)
Does it mean that 1 meal of carboh is enuff then?

Last edited: