We are TTC-ing!

Dragontail

Dragontail,

Dr su never mentioned before but i ask her is it okay to start after three cycles, she say yes and in fact she felt that my health is improving so can try after one cycle... best is to let your t.c.m. diagnose and decide for you.
Ya, everyone is different so I let my sinseh gives me green light first.

Finally broke the news to my mother in law about my mc this morning. I didnt want her to worry earlier (when I started bleeding) so decided to wait till gynae confirmed the mc is all done and complete then told her. Going to start my confinement food tonight. Yummy cause I love confinement food (minus the liver and pork leg tho!).

Feel bad I have to trouble her again to do the confinement for me... told me dont be stress over this and just leave all these to her. Get my health back to shape is most important. Cant thank her enough for her good care.

Btw, I'm starting to get body/joint aches. My palms are suffering the most because I did a little too much washing yesterday :( Palms feel cold from the bones and rather numb. Sigh. My hubby is going to take leave tomorrow and will help me out with whatever needs to at home.

Oh and finally he's going to see my sinseh in Feb (Jan he has reservist). Dr Wu says now that I've had 2 MCs in a row, she cannot assume that there's no underlying issue with my hubby. She wants to see him and further help us in our t-c-cing. Even if there's no problem with my hubby, it's still good to boost up his little friends.

Last edited:

poohy

Hi hi...i'm also trying for #2 and is also seeing Dr Su! She always say we too tired..never sleep enough. Does she tell you all that also?

Hi Poohy.. Dr Su (and I think all TCM docs) says the same thing too. I believe that sleeping time is the only time for our organs (including the reproductive) to renew themselves. We are trying to turn in by 11pm but its especially difficult especially during the weekends :p

littlej

This thread is getting active :)

@dragontail - I will Be the first few patients on wed morning cuz I have hsg appt at 12noon. So see if can catch ya :)
@littlehamster - why are you gunning for a snakey baby? Hahahah I wanted to try the pencil test but can't find a pencil with eraser on top!

Personally for me.. I wanted to pop before my 35th birthday but I guess we didn't expect it would be so challenging so now I am hoping to pop slightly after my 35th but not too many months after cuz my gynae said that's when the risks start increasing (no offense to anyone I hope... Just quoting what my gynae mentioned). So Aside from the trying, I am also scared by the risk factors cuz my dear did say if there is any indication of abnormality, it will be a straightforward case of no-go. So for me,I just want to conceive ASAP now...

Are you all seeing a gynae whilst tcc-ing? My mum told me today I should get a second opinion. My dear thinks I am nuts... Next wed morning tcm, 12noon hsg, results on thurs with original gynae ... Then fri I made appt to see the second opinion gynae. Hmm, am I over-doing it u all think?

Dragontail

Very true about the importance of good and sufficient rest. Before my tcm attempt, first thing I got back from work was nap. Always had sleepy spell from late afternoon. The first time my sinseh read my pulse, she made the comment that I tire easily. After some weeks of her medicine, I don't need nap much anymore; feel much better. Sleeping more may not be good...it's the quality that matters more.

Agree on family planning at later stage gets more complicated. I married late at 38. Never really wanted children until now! Now I think I would love to have 3 kids but trying for one is already so challenging hey. Physically I'm sure I will be made a flat tyre if I'm lucky to have just one.

I'm in for 2nd opinion. Not all docs are right all the time seriously. Go for it!

poohy

Hmm Ya think our lifestyle too tired for baby making...Dr su gave me more bitter med coz she say I going to ovulate. ..pretty yucky to drink and I get more pimples!

littlehamster

@littlej snakey is more compatible horoscope with me n hubby. Horse on the other hand quite no good for me. Haha. And also after first child I wan do career aso. Now hanging here very bored but I stay on for sake of benefits

Dragontail

Was just chatting with hubby over breakfast just now. He likes me to take leave (unpaid also ok) if I conceive next time. He said preferably 6 months. I was like how can?? I mean I know I have a very understanding employer but 6 months it's like too long. I was just thinking 2 months (ie rest during first trime) since he mentioned about staying home to rest. My job requires a bit level of stress and he's thinking if I can negotiate with my employer in time to come.

Something to think about.....

poohy

dragontail...your husband very understanding which is good! Not a bad idea to rest and have a relax mind/soul when you are pregnant....Shd really think about it. bed rest is important i feel.

Dragontail

Because of recent past two MCs, he wants to be more careful next time (although there's no indication that my MCs were due to work stress. But we never know I guess....) During those 2 pregnancies, I was still moving about quite a bit at work.

poohy, I'm also getting more breakouts from those TCM powders. Hate it but what to do :( Try to drink more water too ya.

littlej.. I guess no harm seeking second opinion. My first gynea after seeing our reports immediately proposed IVF which I'm not in favor of which is why I seek TCM in hope of natural conception. Im also thinking of consulting another gynea whom is pro-TCM too..

Poopy I remembered drinking the med for ovulation.. it tasted worse than the usual med and I had to force myself to gulp it down.

Dragontail.. that's very sweet of your hubby. Guess women have it tough nowadays to juggle both family and work commitments.. probably if the nature of your job allows you to work from home then I think your employer will not disapprove too.

Dragontail

My bff was going through my same sinseh for few months (more than 3, less than 5 months) and no luck. She finds it quite a long wait. Therefore she chose IVF as last resort. Partly she doesnt want to miss the IVF subsidy thingy (age cap). First implantation wasnt successful last month. She is going for her 2nd implantation in Feb. She was diagnosed with blocked tube at KK. However, my sinseh didnt diagnose that. I wonder is it TCM cant tell a patient has blocked tube?

I was very lucky that my employer let me worked from home for a month during my first MC. I was on full confinement. Hopefully we can work something out in due time.

superwomancqy
actually it is alright to seek second T.C.M opinion... no problem at all, don't have to feel guilty towards Dr Su...
health is more important...

Dragontail
your hubby is very sweet to you...
my job is also very stressful now. because i am a planner.
so i am really afraid that stress will affect my T.T.C chances.
last month, its because of stress that i got my AF late...

Dragontail.. I have the same condition as your bff too. Coupled with my hubby's poor sperm morphology, the chances of us conceiving naturally is really low. That's why I pinned so much hope on Dr Su because she knows of a couple whom had similar issues as us and still managed to conceive naturally just before their appt for IVF. But it's been nearly 5 months for us and I dont have much time left on my side..

faithmummy.. can I know how long have you been with Dr Su? I was consulting JE Ying Chuan before that but she said everything was fine for us and we are still young etc until we went for the tests. I couldnt take her med that's why I look to Dr Su. I feel comfortable with her and her med so am hesitating..

poohy

superwomancgy - did you drink twice a day? i only drink once a day at night...morning no time to drink. Wonder if it still works.... I also took folic acid and occassionally raspberry vits. desperate..hahaha

Poopy I drank twice a day but miss out on a couple of mornings.. Hmm I only take folic acid for now and trying out Ensure Life milk as Dr Su said I need to put on weight.

Dragontail

:p If only we can pass fats around like that!

Dr Wu keeps telling me I must eat my breakfast. She thinks I'm not getting enough nutrition. I do choose a fair bit on what I eat so much so that the last gynae visit, he told me I have sugar in my urine. Not a good sign because it may mean diabetes. I was surprised when I heard that because my family history never had diabetes and I eat rather "healthy". So he strongly suggested I should do a blood test (hemoglobin). So I did and had to wait the next day for the test result. I went home and goggled and found out my so called healthy diet is not that healthy afterall. For people who have higher glucose in their body, it's because they eat unbalanced diet high in refined flour (i love bread, buns, pastries, cereals, muesli bars. I can eat them whole day and nothing else). I dont really like to eat meat and my diet has been pretty much low fat. I do love vege but since I eat out most, I cant get that enough.

Luckily, the result came back and I'm normal. But from now on, I think I need to be less picky and eat more balanced diet. I dont want to end up with gestational diabetes when preggie :(

superwomancqy

i have been seeing Dr SU for 5 months since my last M/C
last month was the first time i started T.T.C after my M/C
how long you been seeing Dr Su?
if you only seeing her for a few months, maybe you want to try for 2 more months?
Otherwise, it is really ok to seek second opinion.... other T.C.M such as Ban Choon Chan, Dr Wu (which dragontail recommended), Dr Zou from AMK, they seem to be good too...

littlej

Hello hello! Tis the last Friday of the year!

@dragontail - wow, both your hubby and employer are really nice, that's good for you :) what is important now is to regain your body strength... and be less picky about your food :) I eat out quite often so usually what I do is to ta bao from the mixed rice stall a small packet of veggie to ensure I get my greens. It is a bit more ex but no choice I guess.

Oh compared to everyone I am on like a plenitude of vitamins! Drinking dr wu mixture faithfully twice a day... And also on GNC pre natal multi vitamins (was originally on the woman multi vi but since ttc so GNC suggested I take the pre natal version) + gnc royal jelly + gnc vitamin e + gnc flaxseed 1000 (which also has omega 3, 6 and 9) + folic acid 5mg from unity... Also on GNC triflex cuz I need glucosamine for old injuries. The former list is for Health + ttc.

Hahaha I don't know if it is too much. But I know royal jelly helped in my skin complexion :p