We are TTC-ing!

Keeping my finger crossed! Oh ya, how is the charges for Dr Su? Is it exp?

And last week I went to a gynae to do an ultra sound to scan if I got any cysts and fibroid. Gynae say everything ok no cysts nothing. Plus my menses is regular. He say no need to check tude n all tat first. But do u think I shd go ahead to check if my tudes are block, just to play safe

littlej

Gnissim - yeah I talked to my fav nurse at yaya chan and told her. She then told me to come down one last time but I didn't turn up for that appt and she also never called me (usually she would call lah) so I figured this is it. Bye bye ya ya chan.

But - can I say I have No regrets going with dr Tham! He is really nice, fatherly, down to earth, and very comfortable. and he is genuine and funny.

first, he commented that my 1kg weight gain over 3 weeks was "respectable". Hahah I never heard anyone use that term for a weight gain before. Respect yo - only 1kg weight gain =p

Later he saw my tummy and he exclaimed "wa, why your tummy so big now! Have you been eating durians, chocolates and ice cream!". I told him nope and even doing Pilates, yoga and walking..

Muffin is now 3kg. My 1 kg weight gain went entirely to muffin. Doc said I need to go on diet or eat less fatty food and even commented he prefers babies to be delivered like "ikea packaging" - small packages but become big later =p

I asked him about 4d scans, he told me can do but will cost $400. And said "why you wanna spend $400 doing a scan - isn't it better to anticipate and see the real thing... $400 can buy a lot of diapers you know!".

When he told us he will see us 1.5 weeks later - I was like "huh so long"... Then he said "oh since you not on package, I thought better for you to see me fewer times so you can save on consultation. if you are on package, i will see you weekly". i told him it is ok and I would prefer to see him weekly. But I thought wow geez, this doc is really down to earth and not out to ketok his patients. I mean, he was trying to help me save $$$?!?!?

Lastly, he tested me on what are the 4 signs I should come to hospital... Erm I couldn't rem all and he remarked "eh I killed a tree and printed it out for you and you never read is it"... Kekeke. Oops.

And today's consultation was only $200!!!

Anyway - my old man has good vibes about dr Tham and is willing to look past tmc's horrible parking.

I told my old man that well apparently yaya chan's stitching is superb - one of a kind - you can literally run, hop and skip the next day... But my old man just grunted and said he will never go back to yaya chan... He even said see see muffin always cover his face with his hand at yaya chan's , but at dr Tham - muffin never cover - therefore muffin likes dr Tham too!! So duh right.

All in all, I would say today is a good visit. Hahaha I am actually carrying a 2 x 1.5l bottles inside me now... =p

littlej

Hello joyful sadness - your nick is an opposite of sorts - is that how you are currently feeling? *hugs*

Personally I feel 4 months is a short time. How old are you and your hubby btw?

It is good you have done the necessary checks for yourself and hubby. And good that you made the decision to see dr Su. I guess just go with the belief that dr Su will be able to help. As for hsg (checking of tubes) - if your doc feels it is not necessary then I guess you have to believe your doc?!? Personally I feel that maybe your doc wants to treat the spermies first... Get them well then perhaps do a check on your tubes. The first few months after a hsg is best for conception since tubes have been cleared. So perhaps doc feels that even if you do hsg now - sperms are not at optimum so why not do it later. I can only speculate this is what your doc is thinking lah! But this is how I will read the situation.

Btw - why quality no good? Poor swimmers or ?? My old man's sperms were also not good - poor swimmers - doc said speedmore like tortoise than Ian Thorpe =p but well - i still managed to conceive. But we were trying for longer... I think I only did hsg 7-8 months after sperm test. I also did hsg 2 months after tcm.

Hope this helps.

littlej

Oh - I also asked dr Tham if he thinks muffin will come out anytime soon. He said "if I can predict when baby will come out, I might as well give you four numbers and we buy 4d tmr"... Hehehe.

Hi littlej, am 31 and hubby is 35. Gynae said something abt the shape of the sperm is bad. Only very very few percentage of his sperm are of gd quality... haiz.. though 4 mths is consider a short time but cant help feeling stressed up man :( then also thinking of drinking those yucky chinese med can really make me puke too. Well, but no chance lah.先苦后甜 I guess

littlej

Joyfulsadness - still young!! Aunty here 35 and hubby is 38.

All I can say is take one step at a time. For me - we tried for a few months of blind shooting. hubby then did sperm test, I checked eggs And found out i had a polyp then had it removed. Hubby then took Vits. Then after about 3 months after - i started bbt and vitamins. 2 months later - I went to see tcm. Then 2 months after - did hsg. Then conceived.

Are you taking folic acid now? You should.

Missy10

joyfulsadness:825943 said:
Hi littlej, am 31 and hubby is 35. Gynae said something abt the shape of the sperm is bad. Only very very few percentage of his sperm are of gd quality... haiz.. though 4 mths is consider a short time but cant help feeling stressed up man :( then also thinking of drinking those yucky chinese med can really make me puke too. Well, but no chance lah.先苦后甜 I guess
Since you go to Dr Su, pleasw discipline no cold drinks, no smoke, no green tea, anyway Dr Su medicine not bitter at all, let your hubby eat more protein, hope this help, as im also Dr Su patient for 2mths before bfp

littlej

On a completely random note - watch this: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=mPCXixIY2kw&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DmPCXixIY2kw

littlej:825938 said:
Gnissim - yeah I talked to my fav nurse at yaya chan and told her. She then told me to come down one last time but I didn't turn up for that appt and she also never called me (usually she would call lah) so I figured this is it. Bye bye ya ya chan.

But - can I say I have No regrets going with dr Tham! He is really nice, fatherly, down to earth, and very comfortable. and he is genuine and funny.

first, he commented that my 1kg weight gain over 3 weeks was "respectable". Hahah I never heard anyone use that term for a weight gain before. Respect yo - only 1kg weight gain =p

Later he saw my tummy and he exclaimed "wa, why your tummy so big now! Have you been eating durians, chocolates and ice cream!". I told him nope and even doing Pilates, yoga and walking..

Muffin is now 3kg. My 1 kg weight gain went entirely to muffin. Doc said I need to go on diet or eat less fatty food and even commented he prefers babies to be delivered like "ikea packaging" - small packages but become big later =p

I asked him about 4d scans, he told me can do but will cost $400. And said "why you wanna spend $400 doing a scan - isn't it better to anticipate and see the real thing... $400 can buy a lot of diapers you know!".

When he told us he will see us 1.5 weeks later - I was like "huh so long"... Then he said "oh since you not on package, I thought better for you to see me fewer times so you can save on consultation. if you are on package, i will see you weekly". i told him it is ok and I would prefer to see him weekly. But I thought wow geez, this doc is really down to earth and not out to ketok his patients. I mean, he was trying to help me save $$$?!?!?

Lastly, he tested me on what are the 4 signs I should come to hospital... Erm I couldn't rem all and he remarked "eh I killed a tree and printed it out for you and you never read is it"... Kekeke. Oops.

And today's consultation was only $200!!!

Anyway - my old man has good vibes about dr Tham and is willing to look past tmc's horrible parking.

I told my old man that well apparently yaya chan's stitching is superb - one of a kind - you can literally run, hop and skip the next day... But my old man just grunted and said he will never go back to yaya chan... He even said see see muffin always cover his face with his hand at yaya chan's , but at dr Tham - muffin never cover - therefore muffin likes dr Tham too!! So duh right.

All in all, I would say today is a good visit. Hahaha I am actually carrying a 2 x 1.5l bottles inside me now... =p
Littlej ..I think your old man really dislike yaya chan wor..
Erm..I can actually go to the toilet by myself on the same day..but definitely cannot skip, hop or dance..hhehe. .think its not only on the gynae's stitching skills..sometimes it depends on the pain tolerance too. Dont worry too much on the stitching..focus on your little muffin...then u would forget all your pain and discomfort. .that's what I feel la..u may want to ask whether the gynae or hospital whether they provide antiseptic solution of some kind to clean your wound...n do buy a small tin of formula milk to standby just in case your milk supply is not sufficient in the initial few days (learn from my mistake)..hehe

joyfulsadness:825931 said:
Keeping my finger crossed! Oh ya, how is the charges for Dr Su? Is it exp?

And last week I went to a gynae to do an ultra sound to scan if I got any cysts and fibroid. Gynae say everything ok no cysts nothing. Plus my menses is regular. He say no need to check tude n all tat first. But do u think I shd go ahead to check if my tudes are block, just to play safe
That time I pay $22 for 6 days medication (twice a day) + consultation.

poohy

Morning ladies...this morning then I saw the red lines on ff indicating I ovulate on Tuesday! Meaning yesterday bd too late? This cycle only manage to bd day before o..hmmm...feel sp wasted that we didnt bd on Tuesday

littlej

Morning!

I hope Dragontail is feeling better. Then again - today is friday the 13th...

Natalie - thanks for the tips. And you are right - distracting the mind with muffin will help. Hmm - question - if feed formula milk during first few days - will baby not want to latch after???

Ya old man continued his grumbling about yaya chan this morning too. Hahaha I thought it was quite adorable that this dude can be so lor soh.

Morning morning!

littlej

Poohy - uh I think ok lah. I had smiley on tues and I bd on sun, tues, thurs and sat. I guess don't think of it as a "wasted" cuz bd brings the couple closer too...

poohy

littlej- i had smiley on Sunday and on BD on sunday, monday and thursday....the break between monday and thursday is long leh. actually we were very tired and dont feel like bd...but force ourselves to coz of the smiley time frame.haha.

after o, does it make us warmer? i feel warm and like sore throat coming on Wednesday....

and hah, this mth like so exciting..first time see smiley face, and also first time conscientiously take bbt and see the charting with the red lines. like so fascinating and sua ku!

Missy10

Here I am at KKH just to scan BB nasal bridge.... but I was sent out to walk for the 2nd time... tis nottie lil gal really not cooperative!!!

Hi Missy10, I quit smoking like 3yrs ago, dun drink green tea n cold drinks. Been taking supplement for awhile actually. Prior to seeing Dr Su, does you n hubby have any condition or both very healthy?

Maybe I'm thinking abit negative cos of hub sperm quality. .

rav3naers

Dragontail: Big hugs to u! No matter what, u know that u have done what u can for this cycle. Still Praying that u dun see red!!! If you r feeling exhausted, the getaway will be good for the mind & body.

rav3naers

Missy10:826006 said:
Here I am at KKH just to scan BB nasal bridge.... but I was sent out to walk for the 2nd time... tis nottie lil gal really not cooperative!!!
Hee...bet she will be a kicker too like mine & thelay's. Try sayang and coaxing her? My sonographer shake my belly alot to get bb to move. Lol