We are TTC-ing!

Missy10

Ya, AYE was flooded, that traffic was stuck for at least 4hrs, left with one lane, and commonwealth flash flood, NUS also flooded.... thata all in the morning

At evening 6pm, a big tree in orchard, beside Singapore Tourism board, near Heeren fell, caused severe traffic jam

Dragontail

I guess that's the most "natural disaster" Singapore can get. But hor, no marina barrage then it's ok! But all this is speculation. I am sure nobody will ever own up.

I know it's a total change of topic here...I saw this and I applaud his reply (though me am not christian). About gay marriage. A little something on an easy friday :)

http://www.upworthy.com/a-pastor-asks-a-politician-why-he-supports-gay-marriage-it-seems-he-wasnt-prepared-for-his-reply?g=2&c=ufb1

MoMoMum

My ofc near to NUS n I can't imagine half my office main lobby flooded with water to ankle lol. I was in e 3rd floor but aiyo come in ofc by main lobby, my shoes all wet. All staff was only in ofc after 10am. Ytd was a horrible day :(

Dragontail

Whahaha ok that's a long break :p

Weather forecast says today will have rain again like late morning and early afternoon. Aiyo I so scared of driving then! I have Astraphobia. Meaning scared of lighting. I cried few times in the car because halfway drive and lighting strike non stop. Boohoo.

tricky

Take care of yourselves ladies under this rain, high heels can be very dangerous, and slippers too and they literally will make you slip (cotton on slippers lousy, havaianas are quite good lol)

ebichan, hum hard to say I didn't really show up with pre-prepared questions. I guess my doc is very thorough and didnt leave me with unanswered questions or doubts except yesterday ! I was a bit disappointed that I didn't get to hear my beanies heartbeat, I did see it flicker but doc said it was to early to detect. One lady from my edd group to whom I recomnded my doc went to see him yesterday and she got the heart rate, she's only 3 days ahead of me, maybe that made a difference. Don't want to start stressing. What you can ask Ebichan, is what kinds of foods and medicine you are allowed to take, what kind of housekeeping you can do too, depending on your level of ms. Do you have any ?

littlej, my doc didnt offer the materni21, does that test for DS ?

Dragontail

Tricky, materni t21 is 98-99% accuracy. Yes test for down syndrome/chromosome issues.

How old are you dear? I feel for older ladies, like me, no point to do oscar. I will go straight to materni t21 (also known as Harmony Test) if there's a day for such test. If you are young like perhaps below 35, oscar may be good enough.

Dragontail

Tricky, I also read that some ladies 8week then see/hear the heartbeat! So every being’s development is certainly different. You could see flickering is surely a happy sign :)

tricky

Silly autocorrect, *dear son : Down syndrome

dragontail : I'm 32, doc told my risk range for DS is 1 in 500. I guess I'll jut stick to Oscar

happilymarried

tricky, if its a singleton baby, can go for harmony test/materni t21 (its same thing, just different names). However for twins, it will not be accurate anymore. (just some additional info =) ) cuz its taking the mother's blood and scanning for d.s. If scan is positive, you wont know which baby is having d.s. Think oscar should be fine for you? since you are 32? maybe you can ask your doc's opinion also? oh the harmony test cost 1688 at my doc's clinic. its very ex...

happilymarried

Wooo very good littlehammie! You both didn’t do any romping past 2-3days hor? :p Did the staff say how long the test result will be back?

Littlej, that’s exactly what my hubby says. The marina barrage is the culprit! The engineers are a failure? So envious you got 16days! So I guess you should use your annual leave first before the maternity leave? Last year I overtaken my leave :( I only have 8 days left. Bleh.

Happilymarried, I haven’t read the papers yet but I heard over radio about the flood is it at AYE? So now we don’t drive but sail along in expressway?

dragontail, a funny thought just came to my mind... if yesterday morning... the duck tours bus were on aye... that vehicle would have no problem getting from point a to b of destination!! while all other cars, buses, etc get stuck... haha... our land is really way too populated with too many buildings built too close for comfort and now too close for the land to wash rain water away... sigh... think about it.. everything expands (population, residential, malls) except the roads...

mew

Mew, haha your description really tickles me. :D is this a common thing? And is this the first time your body got short circuited?
This isn't really a common thing, and it's the first time my body got short-circuited... My face had been swollen for 1m before it got diagnosed. After treatment for 1 week, it started swelling yet again.. I almost used up all my medical leave entitlement! Yesterday the doc said my case is more severe and will take a while to recover... I asked when can i start TTC again, he said 1m after i stopped the medication.. sad...

littlehamster

Dragontail: drive carefully! so far no rain west area

Mew: ur allergy seem to may give surprises. What If it triggers during when preggers? Hubby gonna do at Dayspring at orchard . Should get the test few days ba, I haven't ask him. Sometimes Tcm may detect the man is fine But SA result is low like Dragontail 's case, Cos I think the physician see whether the man got enough chi energy for good bd But can't detect.SA exactly. then again, not enough chi also cant make good armies, so its Good to go for SA to check up.. btw, he called the clinic. Not me. Hehe

littlej

Hey little hamster - when my old man went for SA - doc said no bd for 3 days. But he also said cannot "keep" for too long as well. I am not sure if 2 weeks and 2 days is considered "too long". Maybe you might wanna ask your doc before he does the SA???

I am so exhausted. Had a full day offsite today. Just got home. Sigh. And gotta clear emails later.

Astraphobia - I never knew there was such a word!! I have phobia of lightning too!!! I don't go out when there is heavy lightning. Even if there are meetings I will call to cancel. No way I will be out in the open when there is lightning. I will even cringe if I am in the car or taxi. There were a couple of times I got caught in lightning but thankfully I was in the car. if I am home, I will close all windows before all lightning happens, draw all curtains and will tuck myself in bed under the comforter.

Oops. Scaredy cat hor.

mew

I've always suspected it's his problem cos he alwaz gets very little rest as he sleeps very late... My job is no stress de... haha...

Besides Dayspring, where else can do SA? Those GP that kind have or not? He is alwaz very busy at work, it's quite difficult for him to purposely go Orchard for this SA..