We are TTC-ing!

tricky

missy10, thanks for the link !
So if Poohy says its quite big portions, I'm thinking husband or mum can share the meals with me. Actually, quite a good deal because you dont have to do shopping for the ingredients and you will be trapped at home because of baby...and the breakdown ends up not being too expensive. Just delivered to your door step. I think I will try to convince the hubby !

littlej

Since I put on 18kg (and still counting), I am hiring a massage lady. This lady by the name of Madam samsiah Hashim. 10 sessions = $600.

Can husband eat confinement food? Quite heaty right??

Thelay

Natalie. . I will get malay massage that now I m using for prenatal. my fri highly recommend... she said can wear gown immediately after massage..

Thelay

Littlej.. can give me the contact? I trying a few massage. Mostly they rub the skin.. I prefer more pressing.. how long is the session?

Dragontail

Have a fruirful trip Shez!

Busy Tuesday at work again. But all for good course :)

I was shared by my erjie that recently the zoo over at her place bears many many baby pandas!!! Oh my god like so cute right the thought of new born panda. I said I wanna hug them. She said can but sgd200. My goodness I think I can make better use with that 200.

Have a goody dinner later everyone. ...

littlej

Dragontail - Very very cute!!! Eh it's not everyday can hug panda leh - imagine you have a "i hug panda" pix. $200 just for 1 min hug or include other stuff like breakfast etc? Hahah I'm thinking breakfast with ah meng kind of deal.

Thelay

Hi I heard even though pandas look cute.. they are very aggressive. . Pls be careful..

Ladies.. any nice refreshing perfume to recommend? I was using pleasure from estee lauder and still from jennifer lozpeh. .

Now tired of it and want ro change.. I dont like too floral.. I prefer more refreshing..

Thanks in advance...

littlej

Me using Issey Miyake. Hahaha have been using it forever. I'm a stickler to perfume.

I also like Davidoff Cool Water.

Dragontail

Hehe I also think panda can be aggessive. But if they are just babies, should be ok?

Breakfast with pandas sounds cute! I wonder if they do that....

I have liking for more mature scents. Spicy and oriental base notes are what I look out for. But lately i got this sample from Hermes which is refreshingly nice. Not fruity (dont like fruity). I think it's called Mediterranean or something. Can try out first since fragrance is really subjective. And it's long lasting without being too overpowering.

happilymarried

tricky, natals essential is one of the catering coys that seems quite popular in the forums. There is one more.. i cant recall the name, but i picked up their brochure.. it is somewhere on my desk.. i have to dig it out.. hehe... for catering, you can cater by the weeks or month.. also can do lunch or dinner or both... it is quite flexible i think..

oh littlej, my hub loves confinement food.. he loves pics trotters.. i cant understand why he is still a bean pole in size... tall tall long long lean and feather light... i always m so envious of that plus his super long eye lashes... life isnt fair sometimes!!

happilymarried

i called my clinic up today asking about the yeast infection i got.. how to tell if it has gone away so that i stop applying the cream given... they said if no itch, stop. so i said, in the beginning, i felt no itch at all, not 1 bit. as for discharge, i do not have curd-like discharge also.. so... how to monitor? becuz having some discharge is normal right? So it is very difficult for me to tell also... so the nurse said apply for 14 days, then stop. next visit (4 weeks from last monday) then go back for the usual scan and test again. I also asked if the prolonged yeast infection will harm my baby, she said no. can be very common.. so ladies... just sharing...

then my afternoon started turning terrible... angry.. mad... bursting... until i cried... previously i didnt share this time's scan pics.. not becuz i didnt want to.. but i didnt yet receive the complete set from the clinic...

after i hung up the earlier call, i realised i forgot to ask about my pictures. so i sms-ed the head nurse. she replied that doc had given 2. Yes i received 2 via email attachment in the good quality jpeg format.. BUT, the report shows 10 pics, but i only received 2. the other 8 were inside PDF, small small n low quality!! how do i print it out for my photobook in decent quality? i was already getting angry so asked my hub to call n speak to them. Turns out, the stupid clinic just upgraded (to me seems like a downgrade!!) their system and the clinic mgmt agreed on some license thing.. that each scan, system can only extract 2 pics!! that is all!! WTF?! before my detailed scan, all was good, i received ALL my pics on time end of the day, but for week 20 scan, dont have the usual many many pics... i was so damn mad, i cried. These pics are so impt to me... its my #1, i had a hard time conceiving.. all these little pics mean the world to me.. also these pics get me by while waiting for the next appt which is 4-5 weeks time. Sounds reasonable?? my d.s cost 350, consult 150, + some pills, $600+!!

littlej, i booked my next appt with dr ben tham. is his scan machine good? would you recommend him? i am not going back to my doc if i only get 2 pics the next round...

hmm, also i do not want my baby's picture book to have a gaping hole at week 20 with only 2 miserable pics.. do you think i should try go to yaya chan for a scan this week? i know he has good machines... but thing is i need to squeeze myself in for a slot this week... after week 21, baby will get too big to be on 1 full picture...i love to see the whole form (head + body & legs) on 1 single pic... ben tham has no slot this week... :(

sorry for the long post... feeling so frustrated..

TVH

Happilymarried, how abt gg to NUH for scan? It is definitely cheaper and machine won't breakdown for no apparent reason. My 20 weeks scan ultrasound done there were quite clear. I got 3 pictures.

littlej

Happily married - cool down cool down! Don't be angry. the point of the detailed scan is not about the quality and quantity of pix - but the fact that your baby is doing well, very well, super well. Dont be angry otherwise you have a frowny baby!! now look down at tum tum, give a little pat and say "thank you baby for doing well, continue to grow healthily and happily. Mama loves you".

think about it - In another 20 more weeks, you will get to see the real thing baby!

Hope you feel better now?

Ok - I personally think eh quite expensive la - to pay so much as only get two pix. Hahaha. A bit bo hua.

But again - think about this. The point of the doc is not about quality and quantity of pix - it is about which doc you feel good with, you feel safe with, in giving you the best care and the doc you can trust to deliver your baby safely and keeping you safe as well. Of course one should also consider costs as well - but for me - I would put trust and care above costs.

I know you wanna do a perfect photo book. And the sudden curveball thrown by the clinic that you only get 2 pix and rest in low res, is frustrating the h*ll out of you. But think about this clearly ok - you sure you wanna put all the pix in the photo book? Or just 2 impt and clear ones, then state the growth measurements so can see the growth?!? .. If you put 10 each time, that will be ~150 photos at the end of the pregnancy, you will end up having a photo encyclopedia my dear! =) you would want your photobook to be something light, handy, easy to keep - perhaps one day your little boy can also show his grandson... But then - you think the next generation will keep a heavy encyclopedia, we are lucky if they keep this thin version... For all we know - They may just scan the book and keep scanned copies only... So even more impt to keep the book smaller and more compact correct?

For me - I didn't put all the photos received - I only put in 2 to 3, sometimes just one. some photos I don't even know what is that (i see round circles with holes) - so I never put in. My photo book only has 10 sheets - double sided. And half of it is taken by me and hubby (where I put in key milestones photos of each year we spent with each other)...

And btw - if your baby is anything like mine - always cover face - the photos also won't turn out nice too! I have a few "gollum" shots - y'know the gollum in lotr pose - cuz my baby always got hands covering his face =p So between week 28 and 31 - ma chiam same photos. Anyway from week 31 onwards till now - I see no difference in the photos too except baby grows bigger - this I know from the measurements not from the photos!

Hope you less angry now???

Now on docs. Are you seriously thinking about changing docs because you dont like this current doc or you just wanna see another doc to get pix at 20 weeks?!? just think about what i said above lah.

Yaya chan gives about 5 - 7 photos, got 3d one. And these 5 - 7photos will also be saved onto your thumb drive. Quite clear lah. But each visit will cost about $400-$500 (without package). Package is $1600.

Doc Ben Tham's pix are not as clear. His is 2D. He doesn't believe in doing 3D cuz he feels the real thing is more impt than photos and if there is anything wrong with your baby, why need 3D scan?!? I think he can do if you insist - but at additional costs.

If you are thinking of re-doing your 20th week scan (but really you want to?!?) - then maybe you can consider dr tc Chang. He did my 20th week scan and gave me a cd of like 20 photos in 3d. But I only used a few for the photo book cuz seriously some of the photos show stomach / intestines / heart - but all I see is a round circle with holes?!? It costs about $300.

But if you are seriously thinking about changing docs cuz you buay tahan your old doc - then I would say you can do some gynae shopping! Do it earlier! Don't be like me!!!

ebichan

Happilymarried
I'm sorry the hospital had such silly rules and you could not get good quality scans for keepsake.
Like what Little J said, perhaps you might want to reconsider another gynae?

so far since im only early pregnancy, i dont know much about scans.
each time I visit the doctor, I've had some print outs from the scanning machine that shows stuff including measurements
Is this the same kind of scan for later stages of pregnancy?
or must my doctor use another kind of machine?
Are scans very expensive?

wantonmee

huhhh!!! happilymarried to make you feel hopefully much much better, my gynae gives max 2 pics per appt!! my first boy even with detailed scan only 2, and 3d scan only 1! worst still, nk such thing as save in thumb drive or cd or email soft copies.. maybe I never ask, but gynae and nurses also never ask if I want so I reckon its the norm that its not provided? hugs hugs k.

littlej

Watching "secretly pregnant" now - and the therapist on the show said, "babies pick up what mummies are feeling". So happy mummies everyone!!! Release the endorphins!!!

TVH

Huh...then my gynae worse....I only get one ultrasound pic each time I visit him. And they are always the same shots....his head and his legs and lately I can no longer make out what he's scanning anymore. The clearest I got was from Nuh when I did my detailed scan. -__-