We are TTC-ing!

yukki

Hey there yukki! I echo the view of the ladies here.

I'm not sure what you have done at your gynae. But there were a couple of tests I've done - sperm check, monthly egg and lining check, polyps checked (and removed), and lastly hsg. The doc I went also gave my hubby some herbal medication and myself medications and us dates to bd.

As for tcm - I went to see dr wu.

As for bbt - you have to continue monitoring and at regular timings. That's what I did cuz requested by dr wu! Fertility friend is a good app to use.

As for opk - I used clearblue. More ex but easier to see smiley or no smiley. I did opk twice a day, when to start - I used the date prescribed by clearblue website (just need to input date of your last menses)

As for vitamins- I was on gnc Pre natals, royal jelly, vitamin e, folic acid.

As for meals - I didn't take bananas and any cooling fruits. Also no tea and coffee, including green tea, chrysanthemum tea, Chinese tea etc. no cold drinks too. Took Brazilian nuts and ba zhen soup (before ovulation for the soup), Brazilian nuts all the way and oh - chicken essence after ovulation too. And of course veggies and fish many many.

Hope this helps.
hihi littlej, thanks for the great advice...now i can only continue to take my bbt and start using opk...and also taking chinese med and the gnc pre-natals...
how does brazillian nuts helps? i seldom took ba zhen soup... :)

yukki

Before seeing TCM, I bfp once but mc at 7 weeks, then I chance upon this thread and started seeing Dr Su. I quitted cold drinks and drink Longan red tea almost everyday and Ba Zhen drink once a week. Got another bfp after taking her medicine for 4 months but mc again at 5 weeks. I never do bbt but I bought cheap OPK sticks online to check if I ovulate. After seeing dr su for 8 months I decided to switch to another TCM dr lian. Got bfp after the 3rd month. During these period, me and my husband also try out feng shui and diligently follow all the things that the feng shui master taught us. So I am actually not sure which one help us the most but I believe all do help us. My hb and I really grateful to all the helping hands we have.

not forgetting my hb also been taking GNC men's multi vitamins and CoQ daily.

hihi prayinghard, currently i have been visiting zou yu min sinseh at amk...have been diligently taking the med and avoid taking cold stuffs but i do still take coffee, not sure if coffee will affect fertility too? recently i was diagnosed with a functional cyst in the right ovary but the last ultrasound check seems like the cyst is gone...not sure if the cyst did have any impact on fertillity?

yukki

Dragontail! Enjoy your trip :)

Yukki I think the ladies have offered very good advices. I know how it feels when we tried so hard and we still see red every month. I feel it's good for you and your hubby to go for physical checks and if all is well for both of you, opk will help determine a more accurate timing to do the deeds. Then again some friends have advised me to bd after menses as soldiers technically can survive for 3-7 days inside the woman's body and able to catch the egg during its release. Most importantly don't let the stress of ttc-ing affect you and your hubby as the mental state is critical for conception too.

hihi superwomancqy, yeah i do get really disappointed when i see all frens getting preggy and holding babies in their hands, till now i am still trying hard...my menses just over only, will continue to work hard..just that i dunno hw to capture the exact timing... :p

yukki

hi dragontail, happilymarried and shez...
me will continue to work hard and really a big thanks to all the encouragement and wonderful experience u all have shared with me... :)
*baby dust to all wonderful ladies here*

yukki

Dragontail! Miss u! U are back!

Yukki..dont give up..we are all still trying our best.
Tcm still tiaoing my body...guess sinseh still trying to balance my hormones.
hihi poohy...yuppies i will not give up de!! thanks for ur encouragement...though i did cried a lot whenever i see red...i am still determined to jia you and persevere on!
me too taking chinese med to tiao my body...sinseh said my body too liang or cold le...

TVH

Better avoid coffee cos it contains caffeine which could hinder fertility. Take more warm drinks. I took ba zhen soup, drank longan red date tea, took DOM at night too. Avoid alcohol. Maybe you want to track your ovulation too.

yukki

Hi TVH, hao ba since nw i'm starting a new cycle...will avoid coffee for now.. sob sob...nt much drink choices le...anyway longan red date is brew by urself or buy outside?

gnissim23

Yukki: i think i see tcm for abt 8mths den gt my first bfp but loss. Den another 2 mths later under the tcm i got another bfp. Do u feel any diff after this six mths? Dun give up ya. Tcm.is slow n steady.

yukki

Hi gnissim23, nt sure of any diff but do felt better than before...hope i do get my bfp soon!! Coz the tcm med i hv gt diff parts..like e.g. for menses, for ovulation and post ovulation medicine... =)

TVH

I brewed the drink myself. Very easy to do. Just wash all the ingredients then throw into slow cooker can le. I didn't drink all day, only when j got home from work. At work, just drink warm water.

Shez

Yukki, do remember before u go ahead to drink any tonics to tiao ur body, it is better for u to see a TCM and seek professional advice. Like for me, I'm a heaty-natured person. So no longan red dates etc for me. On d contrary, I was told to drink more barley to counter my heatiness.

ebichan

Hi yukki. Me bfp twice but they were not viable in the end. I'm still trying, though I feel age is catching up and honestly I lose a little hope everytime I see red. But I feel so long as we women still ovulate, there's a still a chance (provided your hubby is also sent for checks). Jiayou and all the good luck to you.

Thanks superwoman :)
Hi Dragontail, miss you!
Yukki, that's true. Many of the girls here persevere and have done well.
As long as have ovulate, we still have chance!

Dragontail

Ebichan how are you? :)

For this trip, I have been doing all the "forbidden" stuff. Drink cold drinks, massages, take thrill rides, climbed a lot (until my legs really felt like pizhar on first few days), etc. Btw, I'm starting to get a little spotting. Next cycle jiayou! Bought some opk cheapies already.

yukki

Hihi shez...thanks for the reminder...will check with my TCM before drinking it...kekekeke...sometimes i do find e exact timing to catch quite difficult...

littlej

Yukki - I am also like you - on the liang side. I didnt check with tcm but just went to make longan red date drink and drink. Until she said I was too heaty but I bfp that month leh. I brewed about 5 cups and finished everything in a day!!!

Yes don't give up I would say.

Btw - no coffee better lah. Once bfp also advised to give up so might as well give up now right =)

Dragontail - happi holidaying! When coming back???