We are TTC-ing!

soursop2014

Af officially arrives. Just called kkh to fix appt for HSG test on cd 10 (20 jan)

Very scare. I read some old threads for advice. Some felt cramps and nausea after the test

I ask hub to fetch me after the test cos I scare I too weak to drive myself home

Anyone can offer any advice or past experience?

Last edited:

soursop2014

Hi dragontail, come to think of it yeah it happened once during last November which was also 24 days. But it's always once in a blue moon.
Never knew so fast I see blue moon again

Dragontail

Soursop I personally never tried hsg but my sis said is painful but silly her she never asked (nor was offered. Doh) for painkillers. Of course painful without right?

Those who asked for painkillers really feedback it's not painful. So please remember to ask for a pill. Most importantly you need to relax so your internal won't be tense.

red dates

Kkh did not offer painkiller nor advised me that I can take before the procedure. They also asked me to take any painkiller or panadol if I feel uncomfortable after the procedure. I went back to work straight after that tho...and of coz took 2 panadol in office. The process was really painful man...

So 2nd time when I did the scan for fallopian tube, I took before the procedure. Felt a bit uncomfortable but not as bad as HSG. So taking around 1 hr before hand does help.

Dragontail

One girlfriend did at kkh and some others at private hospitals and they were given painkillers upon request. Soursop, maybe better to call kkh to find out days before your hsg so you can be prepared. Either they give you or you find your own painkiller.

I cannot agree not to have painkiller for hsg! Red dates already mentioned it's painful :(

fangning

Hmm I think depending on yr tolerance level. I did at tmc and did it without a painkiller during and after. The pain like mense cramp comes after the procedure half to 45 min later. If u are pain sensitive than think u can ask them for painkiller but I feel e pain is only after not during. Just got to relax amd focus on other things like e light bulb.

littlehamster

Soursop: My doc is a black nigro, Dr V something, her name v long,from clinic D. She gave me antibiotics and painkillers to take before hsg. The pharmacist said the antibiotics is to prevent if got anything goes into the uterus when They do the procedure, and painkillers to eat half hr before. Also duno how come different charges, tot shld be the same hmmm

My hsg appt coming tues Morning, and I also schedule alot activities in the afternoon... hope it won't be So painful for me to last thru the day

Today at Dr Wu, seem little ppl, a thought can thru My mind, I wondering issit cny or Cos her standard drop then less ppl come? I hope not

Last edited:

soursop2014

Wow how come kkh double standard one, some given painkiller and antibiotics , some not....

Think I just pop some painkiller before the procedure to play safe.

i will update on the hsg when completed.

tomorrow going for the cd2 blood test. But tomorrow is actually my cd 3 but no choice cos kkh not open today. Shall ask the nurse about the med for hsg too.

MXLO

Soupsop - pls update me becos i will go after CNY in Feb for HSG test. My appt with KKH is on 20 Jan to see the doctor. Referral from polyclinic. :)

I have 2 frends who did the HSG. One said painful and the other one said its ok. I guess play save just pop painkiller about 1 hr before HSG procedure bah.

mummygirl

Hello Ladies,

Good afternoon to all of u... hope all taken your lunch? :)
Today is my CD15, tested OPK ytrday but as usual very mild fainted line, this morning discovered huge amount of similarity to EWMC, however not as white, kindly light yellowish... Dragontail, base on your experience, do you feel its consider as fertile? or close to fertile?

soursop2014

Hi mxlo, my hsg appt is on 20 jan too At 230pm!!!
just did my cd2 blood test. I asked a senior nurse if I can request for painkillers before hsg. She told me to just pop some panadol or any painkillers before the procedures. Meaning kkh won't provide I guess....

Breakdown of CD2 bloodtest (subsidized) as follows:

Prolactin blood test $19 (usual price $38)
FSH + LH + E2 profile $55 (usual price $109)

Dragontail

Mummygirl i usually identify my fertile ewcm by how much it can stretch. Not really by color,although my ewcm is always clear. If it can stretch 3inches or so it means I'm ovulating real soon. I think for your case do opk daily. Might be around the corner since you said you got heap of cm.

ristymisty

Af officially arrives. Just called Kandang Kerbau Hospital to fix appt for HSG test on cd 10 (20 jan)

Very scare. I read some old threads for advice. Some felt cramps and nausea after the test

I ask hub to fetch me after the test cos I scare I too weak to drive myself home

Anyone can offer any advice or past experience?
Hi Soursop, just want to assure you that it is not as bad as it sounds. Before I did my HSG at TMC a month ago, I also read online and freaked out over what others comment. I went with great fear but thankfully, it wasn't as bad as I thought. For me, the pain is like bad menses cramps that lasts about 5-10 seconds. I took 400gm neurofen an hour before going so maybe that helped (I have low threshold of pain).

Oh and after the procedure, I went to take shuttle bus/ mrt home. I felt very slight crampy feelings but was otherwise ok.

Last edited:

MXLO

OHHHHHH soursop mine also at 2.30pm! keke but i dunno where will i be cos gg for the 1st appt to see the doctor to do HSG test!

Will i bump into you?:tlaugh: