We are TTC-ing!

xia

May i ask what L Carnitine is for? Gynae prescribe for hubby 4 bottles and thats a lot. How to drink?

soursop2014

Eggcatcher, i rem my last cycle i ate sengkee herbal chicken mee sua and sin ming black herbal chicken with bazhen for dinner for a couple of times a week after my menses end.

But dont overdo it as body too heaty also not good!

Good luck!

xia

Thanks Tasha12. Already @watsons looking for some vits.
I feel so sian in trying and taking all things thats to be said will improve fertility. 4 years but still no results. Guess must do everything in hardcore way now. Praying hardcore, taking vits hardcore, bd also hardcore. Haha.

Thanks Soursop, manage to buy 3packs of bazhen herbs at Chinatown, ytd jus ate imperial chicken, tmr then try bazhen, I guess I hv to try hard hard... No pain no gain!

Today is Cd21, the smiley face disappeared today so I guess ovulation is over. Average cycle day is 32days. Didn't work hard tis mth so can't pin high hope le :( gg for massage later n still eating my organic Brazil nuts n bitter tcm.

Dragontail

Eggcatcher, smiley gone doesn't mean ovulation is over. It just means the LH surge is over. When was the first time in this cycle you got the smiley? I mean you could be well still fertile!

My opk was positive on Tues .

Hi dragontail, first positive smiley face is on 8sep mon night n stay constant on to 10sep wed. But only bd on 6 & 9 sep, so not sure how close we can catch the ovulation day. After tat hubby fell sick, mAyb too much tonic soups haha

Dragontail

I always ovulate a day or two after my first positive. I think you've covered the important dates. We only bd once this cycle :p

soursop2014

Eggscatcher, now just need to keep ur mind off and don't think about the 2ww.
I only bd twice (once before smiley, once immediately after smiley) and one last one during 2ww which i don't think was the jackpot.

Keep cool! Be distracted by other things. Blessing will come soon!

Dragontail

Tasha, it's a tough journey but we must learn to rise to the occasion. Go shopping and do something nice for yourself.

Dont think about ttc first and have a hearty meal! When you are emotionally ready, then try again. Good luck.

Gd luck to u n all ladies out there! May Lady Luck find us soon ! Keep ourselves busy with dramas and activities to block all negative thoughts! Cheers!

cookie15

I used clearblue ovulation kit with smiley face last month . When you see smiley face , when do you BD? Do you BD few days after smiley face ??I BD on the night I saw smiley face and the next day evening I tested and also smiley face so BD again , AF just came .. Sigh.. Don't know what went wrong.

dilemma

Hi ladies, took me some courage to finally sign up as member here and post in the forum.. I always thought infertility is something shameful and embarrassing, so doesn't really talk about it but I think it's time I try to talk about it or I'll drive my SO and myself nuts..

I'm 32yr old, married 3 years and been trying to concieve for 2 years now. SO's sperm count not so great, but normal, and doc can't find anything wrong with me except I need to take clomid to stimulate ovulation.

15dp IUI now (IUI at NUH CHR).. this is my 1st IUI, finally after going through 5 cycles of clomid with no results. My SO and I have been trying for 2 years now, and it's so heartbreaking seeing all my younger colleagues, friends getting married after me, but becoming preggie within months. Worse is when they tell me it's unplanned and they're not sure to have the baby or not.

Last year when I first started clomid, I would break down every time AF turns up.. I was depressed and driving myself crazy wondering what's wrong with me. I would have uncontrollable crying fits .. I would cry and cry for hours and couldn't stop. It affected my work. :(

I gained a lot of weight over the past year from stress and depression, and now my colleagues (the aunties) would keep coming to ask me that they noticed I put on weight, and then give me that look and ask if I'm pregnant. Worse part is I can't even get angry, can only smile and admit I put on weight.

Sigh. It's so bad, I have to come up with all kinds of excuses to avoid all the baby showers and preggie women at work (last year there were 3, this year there're 4 in my office). And this is excluding the other baby invites from friends and family.

My mother keeps asking me to eat bai feng wan everytime she sees me, asks me why I put on so much weight, hard to conceive.. asks me whether we are trying regularly, why still no bb.. that i'm not young any more and if I wait any longer I'm going to have high risk pregnancy and bb with down's syndrome... and I really dont't know what to say. :(

I feel like a horrible person because I think I should be happy for my friends and colleagues, but it just reminds me over and over of my own infertility and failure as a wife and daughter-in-law. And I keep telling myself there are other couples out there with bigger hurdles and problems and that my turn will come.. but it's just so hard. :(

How do you cope each month when AF comes??

Last edited: