What does your child draw?

Justina

Your child's drawing can tell alot about her.

Pay attention to the following:

Does your child draw nature, human, things?
Does she draw happy or sad faces?
Does she draw the details including
Who does she present her drawings to?

All these can represent her mood, personality, interest and character.

My girl likes to draw mummy and baby animals using crayons but doesn't color them. Sometimes she draws our family engaging in some activities which tells me that she would like to do it too.

stonston

My 3yo boy likes to draw smiley faces & vehicles (aeroplanes, trains, bus, car, etc).

He tried drawing a caterpillar with a smiley face before.

He does not colour his drawings cos they are drawn on my whiteboard with marker. Not many colours for him to do any colouring :p

xue

How old do they start drawing? My 30mths old boy doesnt know how to draw..He can only draw round n round n round..those scribbling kind..

stonston

My boy started doodling (scribbles) at 1yo. Started drawing shapes freehand (no dotted lines or help) at around 18 months.

Started drawing 'pictures' and 'objects' at around 2yo. Now he's 3+, he prefers to paint and use objects as templates to draw (using coin, boxes, toys, etc).

Ting

pin likes to draw smiley faces.
started out with a round face n 2 dots for eyes n a smile. then she moved on to adding nose, eyebrow, ear n hair. :)
she also like drawing vehicles n animals like dinosaurs. hahahaha! though it doesnt really look like it but more or less can figure out lorr.
she also like to draw our whole family including my parents n sisters- either in dinosaur form or in human stick form.
as she draws on the magnetic drawing board, so not much colouring needed.

xue

My boy started doodling (scribbles) at 1yo. Started drawing shapes freehand (no dotted lines or help) at around 18 months.

Started drawing 'pictures' and 'objects' at around 2yo. Now he's 3+, he prefers to paint and use objects as templates to draw (using coin, boxes, toys, etc).
so does it mean my boy is slow??? what should i do now???

stonston

Actually, usually is no exposure. Caretakers hide away all pens/pencils/crayon cos afraid the kid will make a mess (draw on Walls).

I started him w aquadoodle & magnetic boards.
When he show tt he can handle without destroying the house, I gave him his own pencil cases & a whole range of pens & markers :)

exposure & imitation. When I draw shapes, he also draw shapes. When I write alphabets, he also write alphabets.

jasobias

mine started off abt 1 plus with those big head pple on stick bodies n buildings..i kept some of it n when i look at it sometimes its just so cute!!!

xue

Actually, usually is no exposure. Caretakers hide away all pens/pencils/crayon cos afraid the kid will make a mess (draw on Walls).

I started him w aquadoodle & magnetic boards.
When he show that he can handle without destroying the house, I gave him his own pencil cases & a whole range of pens & markers :)

exposure & imitation. When I draw shapes, he also draw shapes. When I write alphabets, he also write alphabets.
but his in childcare now.... Guess I'll have to talk to his teachers.. Sigh...

Phoebii Cheng

If he can control his hands to hold a pen & draw, then you show him other shapes. Thru tracing objects or trace on dotted lines. :)
they learn fast if you show them it can be done :)
But my son I don't know if he left hand or right....usually he like to hold using left hand....I am a right hander...so sometime want to help him a bit difficult:tlaugh:

CanCanMum

Baber likes to draw these:

1) our family photo, he draw himself berrri small, with his dad's face BIGGEST (his big face in the middle, all of us in small tiny faces) - coz hes scared of his daddy :p

2) house - he likes to colour multicolour

3) beaches and gardens - he loves to go those places

4) Animals in particular LION, Hippo and tigers lOlzzzz, leopard oso

5) flowers for me - in flower pots lOlzzz

his drawing is nice, but his coloring skills dammm terrible, always outside of the lines, sometimes i feel his drawings can make do without coloring lOlzzzzzzzzz................:001_302: