What food to avoid and what to take more?

kenxf_03

Congrats to all mummies to be!!

yes! do take more milk and have folic acid daily.

my gynae also advice me to have lesser intake of coffee and tea, especially grapes and chocolates when some mummies are experiencing constipation, no intake of any chinese herbs nor medicines too!

some other old mums tales: not suppose to eat cuttlefish (if possible squids and similar), no intake of mutton & crab during pregnancy too.

Juz play safe so I din take any of this during my pregnancy. I'm in my 12th week already! :tlaugh:

wawa

Omg, I just ate sting ray last week. I didn't know I am suppose to avoid it, hopefully nothing bad will happen to my bb. :07:

I only avoid eating grassjelly, soya bean curd (duo hua - mum say gypsum powder is bad for bb), alero vera (read it on newspaper some years ago that though it good for our skin but it's bad for unborn bb), pineapple, watermelon, coconut juice etc.

mystifiedjan

my list of no-no food...

1) chin chow water / dessert (too cooling)
2) Kangkong
3) pineapple
4) durian (if ur baby is already quite big size) - eat in moderation
5) tao hui (soya bean dessert)

But soya bean drink can drink all you can. Apparantly, it is good for baby's complexion. I drank a lot of it during both my pregnancies and both of them have nice fair skin when born.
i didn't know that we cannot eat

5) tao hui (soya bean dessert)

sugarcookie

My OBS advised me to avoid raw food like sashimi and pineapples. Everything else may be consumed in moderation.

However, I've heard that one should avoid squid as well (old wives' tale).

mystifiedjan

Really??? I must try that!

I've heard that raspberry tea helps as well. Not sure if it's true though but my sister swears by it.

i heard of coconut juice as well... heard that when u deliver its more clean....not so bloody...

abit OT, i dun have morning sickness... but i have tested twice - once with Home test kit and 2nd time at clinic...

wat are the chances the test kit and clinic kit is tryin to fool me?

any mummies no MS at all?

I'm in dilemma... dun wan to have false hopes..

V

valeriegoh

DRINK:

Bird's Nest!
Fresh Coconut Juice!
Soya Bean Milk!
More Milk!
Milk for pregnant mothers!

Oppsgal

Coconut juice can drink those cans one? Hard to cut up the real coconut husks.

Tried to use knife also cannot cut, in the end use scissors to poke a hole big enough for a straw, but small pieces of husk flying all over while poking the hole. :embarrassed:

CanCanMum

Coconut juice can drink those cans one? Hard to cut up the real coconut husks.

Tried to use knife also cannot cut, in the end use scissors to poke a hole big enough for a straw, but small pieces of husk flying all over while poking the hole. :embarrassed:
Oppsgal babe,

u can get from those hawker stalls selling coconut juice ones...canned ones are sweetened already and are not natural.

those hawker stalls will open for u.

CanCanMum

but hor, during confinement u will have a chance to eat the most ginger in your life...so i tot best to leave it till later...hahaha LOLs

yes its safe to eat ginger, coz i have seen pregnant ladies eating preserved ginger.

but hor, during confinement u will have a chance to eat the most ginger in your life...so i tot best to leave it till later...hahaha LOLs

yes its safe to eat ginger, coz i have seen pregnant ladies eating preserved ginger.

oh yah. i forgot confinement alot of ginger. :nah: