What item does Mt Alvernia provide?

missesjoanna

Ya, indeed quite embrassing showing the butt. LOl. Oh they do provide shampoo, shower gel, toothbrush n toothpaste. So i no need to pack along with all these.. not chargeable rite? Hee..
yea you can bring it home so no worries they don charge :D
but you can still bring your own in case you don like their shampoo etc...

lyra

Wah its impossible to use nappies! My baby is on total breastfeed and he pee and poo so often, we went crazy with changing and washing the nappies. Diaper is still ok. He doesn't cry a lot when wet and so far no nappy rash.

I think your friend is referring to HUGGIES ULTRA as the packaging is in purple... I swear by it too... Been using it for night use and it's very absorbent... Can hold up to 12 hours... Morning wake up no leakage at all... It's their most premium one...

As for Mamy Poko, not bad too but find it a bit too bulky for my liking... However, their NB size very thin and comfortable... Can try...

Gave birth to my girl in Mount A in MArch this year and i muz say their service is really good. Will go back there again for my 2nd baby. As all the other as said, i receive a bath tub, goodie bag (still using that bag when bring baby for outings), bottled milk(though i din request to bring home some cos i had bought the tins ones and standby at home), huggies size S left over diapers.(i bought mamy poko newborn for home use)..... Muz bring ur own clothes cos they dun provide. I brought breast pads but did not use cos wasnt that much colostrum in the hosp yet. So no leaks.... Brought receiving blanket, booties n mittens, 1 set of baby clothes for discharge.

AngieTan

Wah its impossible to use nappies! My baby is on total breastfeed and he pee and poo so often, we went crazy with changing and washing the nappies. Diaper is still ok. He doesn't cry a lot when wet and so far no nappy rash.
Ya impossible right? Haha... Especially since you are bfing, the frequency of the bowels is even more! Hehe... So what brand of diapers are you using now?

Btw, congrats on the arrival of your baby! Must be super duper busy now! My turn again soon! :)

No pics on your blog? Hehe... Hope your baby is recovering fast with the cold!

Last edited:

AngieTan

HI Angie, i stay super near the Punggol MRT; EDD 6 Feb2012!
choosing natural, so let's see when my baby girl pops! :) You are due to deliver soon??? wow!
I see I see... I stay across Punggol Plaza! :)

Ya due soon... Should be near end of Nov or even earlier!

lyra

I'm using pampers. Now changing from Newborn to S size le. My baby is nearly a month old!
Erm no pic coz I'm too bz with the daily routine. Updated all pic onto fb instead haha

Ya impossible right? Haha... Especially since you are bfing, the frequency of the bowels is even more! Hehe... So what brand of diapers are you using now?

Btw, congrats on the arrival of your baby! Must be super duper busy now! My turn again soon! :)

No pics on your blog? Hehe... Hope your baby is recovering fast with the cold!

pmcheng

erhm lyra you are placing the bottles inside the freezer right? better seal them, to reduce water loss from the frozen milk.. and also for hygiene purposes..
Hi Knut29, can I check if MAH only provides the glass bottles if we specify that we're open to formula milk? I'm delivering in MAH in Jan 2012 and thinking of opting for total BF - so I'm not sure if I'm entitled to ask MAH for glass bottles to bring home and store expressed milk when I'm out of the hospital.

lyra

Hi! My friends discharged from MAH and they were on Total Breastfeeding. They asked for glass bottles and MAH gave them. If u are on formula milk, u shouldn't need the glass bottles at all coz the glass bottles r for storing EBM mah. I think they asked for like 10+ bottles. I didn't ask for the glass bottles bcoz a kind mom gave her bottles to me. If you got the bottles, rmb to buy the bottle caps from MAH pharmacy before you leave hospital coz u can't buy them from other pharmacies. I asked my fren to buy 3 packets for me. each packet is $7+ and has about 8 caps.

Hi Knut29, can I check if MAH only provides the glass bottles if we specify that we're open to formula milk? I'm delivering in MAH in Jan 2012 and thinking of opting for total BF - so I'm not sure if I'm entitled to ask MAH for glass bottles to bring home and store expressed milk when I'm out of the hospital.

junebug86

Dear Mummies,

I am due in Oct and would like to deliver in Mt A. Will be opting for 1 bedded normal delivery with epidural if possible. May I ask if any mummies have delivered there recently and how much cash do we need to prepare upon final bill? And also, is cash deposit not required upon admission if we settle the final bill with credit card?

Appreciate your kind responses. :)

ocoloco79

My EDD is in Oct and will be opting for epi C sect in late sept. I am opting for 1 bedder, was told that there is no guarantee, plus super high demand this year.. Now They change the rules, if first night they put you in 2 bedder, 2 nd night they transfer u to 1 bedder, you have to pay 1 bedder price, there is no such things as pro rated like in the past... So Is it worth it to switch to 1 bedder after a night or 2 nights in 2 bedder? Or is the 2 bedder ok to stay? Any mummies experienced 2 bedders in mt A?

KiBin

Dear Mummies,

I am due in Oct and would like to deliver in Mt A. Will be opting for 1 bedded normal delivery with epidural if possible. May I ask if any mummies have delivered there recently and how much cash do we need to prepare upon final bill? And also, is cash deposit not required upon admission if we settle the final bill with credit card?

Appreciate your kind responses. :)
There is an express discharge version where you can provide your credit card details and do not need to place deposit.

junebug86

Hi Kibin,

I have actually called up MAH business office to clarify the deposit issue. We still need to place a deposit according to the package price upon admission. If we opt for express discharge, they will bill any excess amount direct to our credit card upon final bill which will take about 3 weeks after discharge to arrive. :)

chjean

Ocoloco79 I opted for 2 bedder in mt A in jan this year. The stay was good! I delivered by caeserian so stayed few days, the bed beside me kept changing cuz the mummies were discharged earlier cuz all natural delivery.