Will drinking cold drinks affect breastmilk supply?

Jo'an

My hubby told me that 1 of his friend breastmilk supply stopped immediately after she drank coke. Will drinking coke drinks or taking cold food ready stop milk supply? I'm dying for cold drinks.........

Amulet

i've been drinking cold drinks only since after confinement.. it doesnt affects my supply in anyway.. ;)

Amulet

That's great!!! I can eat ice-cream!!
lol.. this kind of hot weather, no cold drinks will die man! hot drinks are not my cup of tea..

anyway, one auntie used to tell me if i drink cold drinks, might as well dont breastfeed coz my milk no nutrition .. just wanna let you know, that's utter crap ok? ;)

stonston

coke as caffiene, so u might wanna avoid breastfeeding after u drink coke.

but if the weather is hot n u r dying for a cold drink, GO AHEAD!
i drank cold drinks all the time while i was breastfeeding, but onli iced water or iced milo :p
no caffience drinks for me.

isabelandrew

Great! I have not been drinking cold water for a long long time. but, if it doesn't affect, then how come must drink hot water or hot milo before expressing or feeding the bb for more milk?

annie

i drink cold drinks daily and coke rather often(maybe 2-3 times a week or so), tea(also contains caffaine) also rather often but nothing happen to my milk supply and baby.

Amulet

Great! I have not been drinking cold water for a long long time. but, if it doesn't affect, then how come must drink hot water or hot milo before expressing or feeding the baby for more milk?
hot water hot soup wat ever hot stuffs makes our blood vessels dilate and more blood flow to breast thus faster letdown lo..

annie

ive never heard tat must drink hot water or milo before breastfeeding leh n i never did also lol

snowbear

ive never heard that must drink hot water or milo before breastfeeding and i never did also lol
It's not a must. Just a suggestion for pp to do that to get faster letdown. I also dun drink hot drinks b4 bfding coz my letdown is almost instantaneous. :tlaugh::tlaugh::tlaugh:

serenelm

actually i've been drinking my daily morning coffee (as per normal, even when preggy)... now oso drinking cold water while tbf ds3 :p

snowbear

oh dear, that means no coffee for me. being dying for coffee after enduring for 9 months.
Was told by the lactation consultant that a cup of coffee a day is fine. :) In fact when i went for an event during breastfeeding week at kk, the only drinks they served during tea break were tea and coffee! :) that was when i asked them about drinking coffee and tea.. anyway, i only avoided caffeine in the first month. Some people tink it's really bad to drink caffeinated beverages while bfding n condemn such actions. I say it's a personal choice. :001_302: You also have to monitor the effects on your baby.

Spiralng

I heard ppl say that drinking COLD drinks while breastfeeding will make the baby cough...but ehhh.....for me...not only do i drink cold drinks, i also drink wine to make my baby drunk....

Amulet

I heard ppl say that drinking COLD drinks while breastfeeding will make the baby cough...but ehhh.....for me...not only do i drink cold drinks, i also drink wine to make my baby drunk....
thn did ur baby become drunk?

i tried drinking some sips of beer, coffee after baby is older.. but doesnt affects her leh..