Working during pregnant? Tired I guess

xuandy

I am those typically working woman from 9am to 6pm. Not that I am pregnant now, but I do have planning to get pregnant hopefully on June or July.
Just seekin for advise here : Mummys, when you are pregnant and working, I guess it must be tough rite? Cos u get all tired and always feel like puking... how did u wonderful ladies pull it thru?!

my boss, is always calling on me, and I am expected to walk to her room whenever she calls for me.

lekdao

I am those typically working woman from 9am to 6pm. Not that I am pregnant now, but I do have planning to get pregnant hopefully on June or July.
Just seekin for advise here : Mummys, when you are pregnant and working, I guess it must be tough rite? Cos you get all tired and always feel like puking... how did you wonderful ladies pull it thru?!

my boss, is always calling on me, and I am expected to walk to her room whenever she calls for me.

Hi,

Get tired at the end of the day, but dun feel nausae. if yes, just hv some candy or sour plum.

I take my own sweet time to walk to boss room whenever been called, my workstation is at one end and boss room is at the other end. But i always put on flat comfortable shoes.

SH74

if ur boss is understanding, then pregnancy while working wont b very tough. feeling tired i think is normal for all expectant mothers. as for MS, it depends on individual. i think as long as u alw make sure stomach is not empty, shld b ok alr. for me, i dun hv any MS at all. jus tiredness. so still quite alright.

meanwhile, do exercise regularly. it'll help when u r pregnant.

xuandy

yap..thanks... understanding is not in my boss agenda. she is very dependent on me. even a small like ... like if she misplace her daughter or son bankbook she would ask me if i kno where she put *faint

i am abit worried abt tis oni and + if I hv MS, i tink i would suffer more. imagine with MS and walking to her room every 5 - 10min

bibiluvr

oh yes.. it's very tiring.. i had to wake up at 545 am then...sometimes i do puke in the morning but during my first trimester, i usually have "evening sickness" when i felt nausea in the evenings...

think u have to keep calm n relax as much as u can..

SH74

wah... jialat. seems like u got a baby to take care in ur office. mayb carry a plastic bag everywhere u go in case u want to puke. i think ur boss (who has given birth b4) will understand when she knows u r preg. dun worry so much. it's not as if morning sickness is not curable. unless really v serious ones. u jus need to alw make sure ur stomach is not empty. :)

stonston

I'm a teacher and walking about is part of my job. Not only walking, standing is part of my job too.
Plus during pregnancy, I was so forgetful. I kept forgetting to bring stuff to class & had to walk back to office to get them.

I worked throughout my whole pregnancy. I did not take MC at all.
No problems with frequent walking cos I was wearing nice comfy shoes.

I had a very easy labour and giving birth was not a nightmare for me.
Gynae said that all that walking I did at work helped alot.

Don't worry too much about it. Yours is a fixed office hour job. Walking from your desk to boss' room won't take too much effort. Just invest in good shoes, comfy clothes and you'll be fine :)

TANZHENZHI

Yes i agree w Stonston. For me i have a terrible morning sickness in my 1st trimester, i took 2months NPL to rest at home. When i get back to work, my bosses very understanding and i requested to work as a receptionist as lighter workload. As a receptionist, i have to walk frequently to distribute letters. I think walking helps alot as mine also a easy labour for me. :) Comfy shoes and clothes very impt too. It makes your day feel so relax. I'm also planning for BB in Jun/Jul, hope we can hear good news soon. :) Jia You.

xuandy

I'm a teacher and walking about is part of my job. Not only walking, standing is part of my job too.
Plus during pregnancy, I was so forgetful. I kept forgetting to bring stuff to class & had to walk back to office to get them.

I worked throughout my whole pregnancy. I did not take MC at all.
No problems with frequent walking cos I was wearing nice comfy shoes.

I had a very easy labour and giving birth was not a nightmare for me.
Gynae said that all that walking I did at work helped alot.

dont't worry too much about it. Yours is a fixed office hour job. Walking from your desk to boss' room won't take too much effort. Just invest in good shoes, comfy clothes and you'll be fine :)

:red:yes i do heard alot abt walking helps in pregnancy. i guess i am jus worrying too much, hopefully my boss will start diverting her needs to others and not so much on me

xuandy

Yes i agree w Stonston. For me i have a terrible morning sickness in my 1st trimester, i took 2months NPL to rest at home. When i get back to work, my bosses very understanding and i requested to work as a receptionist as lighter workload. As a receptionist, i have to walk frequently to distribute letters. I think walking helps alot as mine also a easy labour for me. :) Comfy shoes and clothes very impt too. It makes your day feel so relax. I'm also planning for baby in Jun/Jul, hope we can hear good news soon. :) Jia You.

haiz...it unlikely tat my boss will put me into something lighter eg: recept.
Cos i am a HR manager in my coy and i am the oni one, therefore .....:embarrassed:

Ashbaby

I work thru out my pregnancy. Stop work on 05/02 give birth on 07/02.

I think an understanding boss and colly are very important. Im blessed that my boss and colly are ubber understanding.

qween

Just seekin for advise here : Mummys, when you are pregnant and working, I guess it must be tough rite? Cos you get all tired and always feel like puking... how did you wonderful ladies pull it thru?!

for me, it's quite tiring for the 1st trimester, coz easy to get tired, and most of the time feel sleepy. I almost tender my resignation during this period.
But lucky me, I never get nausea during my pregnancy.

But after the 1st trimester, everything's OK.
So I think it's quite fun if we're working rather than stay at home.

Maybe u can tell ur boss, if u r pregnant, so she can understand ur condition.

But do take a note :
u must get some healthy snack every few hours to avoid getting nausea.

The 1st trimester is usually mentally tired. Body is trying to adapt to the new life and many changes is happening in your body. MS is good!! Its means that baby is healthy. Change your view about MS, you will feel better :) In any case you still feel uncomfortable, can always have candy or sour plum with you all the time. 2nd trimester is fun for me!! I'm not always tired and I have so much energy to spare, I even when for mid-night shows. Shopping etc.. that's why most mothers feels the best during this period.. 3rd trimester, everything is like 1st trimester. Instead of being mentally tired, its physically tired. By then, usually your colly and bosses will start to be very understanding.. Plus having a small stools to probe your feet will help relive the fatigue of the legs!! A pair of comfy shoes helps too!! Hope it helps :)

stonston

MS isn't that bad. Do you know that there's organic lollipops for preggies?
It's to help relieve MS (like how old ppl say eating those sour stuff herbs).

Pinkliciouz

When I wasn't pregnant yet, I usually work 10 to 12 hours everyday... During my 1st trimester, I just do a 8 hour work day, and make sure I rest early at night after work, my weekends are spend sleeping at home, recuperating so that I have energy for the rest of the week.

I am doing sales so I am required to be under the sun and out of the office, walking distances to meet client but I just have to make sure that whenever I am tired, I just sit down and a break before moving on again. It is about knowing your body's limit and not over-stretching them. Other than that, you should be fine I guess... Though tired, but the little energy in your tummy will always give you the energy to move on...

minako85

Hi, for me.. Guess I'm the few lucky ones who can feel nausea for whole day until night.... So I think it's quite hard for me to work from 9-6 everyday. But it all depends on individuals cuz some lol don't suffer from morn sickness so it's ok for them to work... Unless u have severe symptoms... =)

shopaholic

I am one of those who had nausea. So it's tiredness and nausea all built into one, and I felt sickly in my first trimester. At a certain stage, I also worked late for an urgent project and on an occasion in my 2nd trimester, went down to vendor's place at 4am. Thankfully, my boss and colleagues were understanding but I just wanted to do my own job well without imposing on others for help. Besides, I felt fine other than the tiredness and nausea.

When I was pregnant with my elder 2 kids, it was better as my job back then was less demanding. With my 3rd child, it was by far the most taxing pregnancy. Not only did I have a more demanding job, I also hv 2 kids to take care of. All without a maid. And maybe because I was older, I felt more tired than before.

Nonetheless, I am glad I passed through that stage and having my boy with me now makes everything all worthwhile. :)

candy_ian

My pregnancy was rather smooth with no morning sickness n I worked all the way thru my pregnancy. I had to reach at 7am if I'm on the morning shift n wake up at 5am to get ready as I need abt 1hr of travelling time.. Didn't feel execptionally tired actually could even go out shopping after my shift n I rem climbing onto the bed doing CPR when I was 8+ months preggie.. I guess it's good exercise to work if not contraindicated with medical conditions