Young single mummies please fall in!

pforpearlyn

Got something to share here! Not too sure if you already got to know abt this. Hehe... :)
Went to OG departmental store today and went to the kids' department, happened to realized that TT and Avent btls are on promotion, they even have those that comes in package together with btl wammer and sterillizer. Also, prams are having discounts, brands like Combi, Capella and few others, maybe you might get something thr! :B

Got something to share here! Not too sure if you already got to know abt this. Hehe... :)
Went to OG departmental store today and went to the kids' department, happened to realized that TT and Avent btls are on promotion, they even have those that comes in package together with btl wammer and sterillizer. Also, prams are having discounts, brands like Combi, Capella and few others, maybe you might get something thr! :B
the bottles that come in the 'package' one is worse quality from the single ones..u can check. on eis soft plastic one is hard. can last longer and can steam to kill germs..prams still early la...lolz...slowly

pforpearlyn

You meant for Avent? I actually looked through and the bottles are of the same quality. :O
Actually, yes I think pram is a little early as it would take up quite a lot of space, but what my mom think is that since we already got the baby cot why not also get the pram because also not difficult to maintain. :) Will consider to get the bottles but will check it first! Especially after hearing this from you, haha. Luckily now they've special bottle warmers for Avent bottles, otherwise so troublesome! :(

pforpearlyn

The stove that my home is using are not those lighted ones, mine are electronic and steaming them under it the plastic would melt, if boiled with stove better to get glass bottles isn't it? Even though it's hard plastic it's still plastic. :O It's my mom's idea to get the sterilizer safer that way also at least it's made to use, fine with me... :/

Since she's paying them! Haha.

The stove that my home is using are not those lighted ones, mine are electronic and steaming them under it the plastic would melt, if boiled with stove better to get glass bottles isn't it? Even though it's hard plastic it's still plastic. :O It's my mom's idea to get the sterilizer safer that way also at least it's made to use, fine with me... :/

Since she's paying them! Haha.
LOL..SPAM!!! BUY MORE!!...but buy seperately..u go and see the quality. its different one..

pforpearlyn

Will check it thoroughly before I purchase anyway if I didn't remember wrongly you bought bottles to baby Makayla already right? Which brand? I'm considering Pigeon, TT or Avent, prefer wide bottles, previously when mom had me she say wide bottles can't be used outdoor because they do not have wamers for them and they don't fit those bought outside, but I saw today that Avent specially had wamers for their bottles only so it's better now and I also saw a few webs selling them so, should be fine, which do you recommend? :)

Avent is still the best from what I heard from other mummies. The baby wun 'eat air' and keep vomitting...they got diff sizes...i got 4 botles for her already....1 for plain water, 1 for milk, 1 for juice and 1 more larger bottle for milk. they grow up very fast. So if u buy the bigger one u dun have to buy one more or 2 more when baby grows up to like 3 months or 4 months. the milk intake become damn high. Even the part where they suck milk from got different opening. got those cut in a cross sign one..and one more poke in holes..the liquid comes out differently also.

pforpearlyn

Yes, understand abt the teat sizes part, saw another bottle brand MAM it's an imported brand wonder if it's good because we can simply buy new teat to change. Big bottles? You mean the 330ml ones? But I find that bottle too big although yeah what you say is true, they'll eventually need more milk intake, but if I were to buy bottle warmers for 260ml, it won't fit 330ml bottles, OMG! Guess shall stick to the 260ml bottles and see what I can do at later time. Because not sure after a few months will I still stick with Avent! Hehe. Bottles are pretty difficult to maintain especially if we often heat them, they turn yellowish? :(

Anyway, if you were to get so many bottles, why don't get the newborn starter kit? Heard it's not bad. Although I haven't really seen the item just had glance at it this afternoon.

You bought all the bottles individually?

during the last baby fair i checked MAM....sorry to say,,LOUSY. lolz. bad quality. no use buying the new born starter kit...and yea i bot all individually. and gonna use the stove to steam. just boil some water, steam can already. the come in package one cannot steam. will 'melt'. that's why i got the better quality. If the bottle turn yellowish is becos nv wash the milk off properly..same goes to the baby. must remember to let the baby drink water after drinking milk. *that is when baby start to teeth already la*. The new born starter kit is more like gimmicks...dun get tricked.

pforpearlyn

OH gosh! I almost wanted to get MAM bottles because of the colors and the design looked cute! :/

Maybe I should quickly get my Kiddy Palace membership card done and get everything at one go, things there are pricey but seemed to be the nearest and most convenient "one-stop" baby departmental store around my area.... better not over buy also, because remember the baby shower!! Your friends and family will come down with lots of different baby "goodies" to surprise you with! This is what I heard from my friends that are also young mummies & my mom too. Was consistantly reminded not to overbuy all these items. Hehehe.

Sounds true, $50 for 4 bottles. Alright will check everything before purchasing. But TT bottles are also quite popular now, but just that it's Malaysia brand. Mom is bringing me to some kids' departmental stall located in M'sia tomorrow, guess I'll get everything at a better price there... well, hopefully..

yea..baby shower mostly they will buy clothings...and skin care products and food. lol. oh remember to tell me which departmental stall u go to. I will go also. LOL. think will get the tub, bathing items and towels in bulk. cotton balls also.

pforpearlyn

Okay, I'll let you know, maybe I could check the prices there for you and let you know then you could easily compare the difference, because if you can get it at almost the same price at Sg, then there's no need to travel all the way just to get it. I am also going in to check prices and hopefully strike off some of my baby checklist because so far, I know KP membership is $10 for annual and if I didn't remember wrongly they give 10% off KP members so as we get the items it's almost like paying for it already, so yes, why waste petrol!! HAHAHA.

that's why i going next time...during EXAM PERIOD. all the kiasu parents will stay home...hahaha..tmr should have jam...today holiday lei

pforpearlyn

Pretty disappointing today, not due to the jam but instead I went there late and mom is rushing back to go MBS. Therefore only went to Sentral, but things at 'Anak ku department store' is so expensive! With their prices, it's so much cheaper getting all the needs from Sg. But bought a few milk bottles that are at promotional price at 'World of cartoons'. :)

Pretty disappointing today, not due to the jam but instead I went there late and mom is rushing back to go MBS. Therefore only went to Sentral, but things at 'Anak ku department store' is so expensive! With their prices, it's so much cheaper getting all the needs from Sg. But bought a few milk bottles that are at promotional price at 'World of cartoons'. :)
lol. welcome home. anak ku is ex i know...needa go to those tesco jusco places..my aunties are mostly there so can ask them ferry me around. lol. next time my turn to go and come back to report. I AM HAVING HOT FLASHES. air con full blast also like finish eating 10 durians lidat...walao eh....and now is call the 'honeymoon' period of pregnancy...gosh...