Young single mummies please fall in!

ANOTHER BABY FAIR?! post the link lei i wanna go see see! You all got sign up for prenatal class or not? i wanna sign up...prepare myself for childbirth.

3. Baby Expo
Dates: 22 to 24 Apr 2011
Time: (Fri & Sat) 11a.m. to 9p.m., (Sun) 11a.m. to 8p.m.
Venue: Singapore Expo Hall 6A
Organiser: Vivacious Media Pte Ltd

Tiggee

Motherhood Exhibition 2011
* Dates: 2 to 5 June 2011
* Time: 11.00am to 9.00pm
* Venue: Hall 6B Singapore Expo

Tiggee

There will be more to come! So dont worry abt buying stuff so soon! :) I know we will feel very excited to buy stuff. But we still can wait, and some ppl pantang, say dont buy so soon. 3rd tri den start buying. :)

There will be more to come! So dont worry abt buying stuff so soon! :) I know we will feel very excited to buy stuff. But we still can wait, and some ppl pantang, say dont buy so soon. 3rd tri den start buying. :)
I already bot the bottles....=.= and some organic clothes...i only buy good stuff which i think i can buy early..but things like prams and stuff i dun bother...lol...wait till i am 8 months..while we can still walk should go buy...3rd tri u can't really walk anymore...so yea..are u guys gonna have a baby shower?! can save a lot of money lei..cos your frens will buy stuff your relatives and things...

Tiggee

I already bot the bottles....=.= and some organic clothes...i only buy good stuff which i think i can buy early..but things like prams and stuff i dun bother...lol...wait till i am 8 months..while we can still walk should go buy...3rd tri u can't really walk anymore...so yea..are u guys gonna have a baby shower?! can save a lot of money lei..cos your frens will buy stuff your relatives and things...
i also bought some stuff already, like sterilizer and thing that will be needed when the baby is born. Baby shower i dun think so, baby 1st month i will be celebrating!

1st month is a MUST....22 weeks preggie....argh.....1st of august faster come! hahaha my birthday faster come. I got a feeling i am gonna spend my birthday giving birth to my baby girl...=.= oh, and she's a long baby....30 cm already inside me..normally babies in 22 weeks pregnant should be 26 or 27..mine is extra long...so the doc asked me to wait till my baby is full term den buy the bed the car seat and stuff.....lolz..long legs long hands and sharp features. my pretty baby!

Tiggee

1st month is a MUST....22 weeks preggie....argh.....1st of august faster come! hahaha my birthday faster come. I got a feeling i am gonna spend my birthday giving birth to my baby girl...=.= oh, and she's a long baby....30 cm already inside me..normally babies in 22 weeks pregnant should be 26 or 27..mine is extra long...so the doc asked me to wait till my baby is full term den buy the bed the car seat and stuff.....lolz..long legs long hands and sharp features. my pretty baby!
I cant wait for my baby to be due as well. cant wait for it to be less than 100 days! Baby shower seems so troublesome! LOLS! I know my baby is abt 700g! Didnt do 3D scan so dont really know how he looks like!

lolz...my baby was close to 500 grams when i was 21 weeks pregnant...no fats somemore...=.= i wonder now that the fats is filling in...how heavy will my baby be sia..

my baby's 500g without fats lei....doc say her bone structure very strong like me...big bone...hahaha and she's tall...but i'm not..meaning her height follow the guy...he's around 180 if i am not wrong

Carisella

So good to hear Medeleine and Evangeline89 hanging on so well..

If only i had the support of MSW, nurses and doctors to help talked to my parents last time :( I was 17 when i had an abortion.. The stupidest thing I have done till now, i still think i'm bloody stupid.. long story ahead :(

For my case, Diabetic Doc , Gynae (Male - one i went to for consultation for abortion in the first place) and another gynae (Female - one who did the abortion for me) all asked me to abort.. Ya, truth is i went to the gynae in the first place for abortion, but after i saw baby's beating heart, i changed my mind, was wondering how the hell could I have given that a thought.. BF (hubby now) support me thruout and said we will make it thru.. But my parents of course said no (reason being : my elder sister's nasty divorce which involved 5 kids of which both husband and wife's monthly income was not enough to feed all) My parents put me into my sister's shoes which was unfair to both myself and my hubby back then, but still had my 2nd sister's support.. but i think i made a rash decision because after i went for the Down Syndrome Test that time and then this female gynae came in instead of the male gynae that i suppose to see.. she told me, baby is fine, that made me very happy.. but her next few voices really pierce my heart so badly "don't you think you're selfish to let your bf bear all the burden, don't you think it's selfish to your parents for raising you up to be someone who doesn't listen to them? I don't suggest you to have this baby. It's not right. You think about what i said and let us have your decision soon." That time that gynae didn't let him come in to listen to what she had to say.. so basically even if u asked me to report her to whatever medical council, it was a conversation between me and her.. no one else heard it..

And she walked away. I was crying and thinking.. how can a doctor say something like that.. I lied to my hubby back then that the baby was unhealthy and that I need time to think.. so i considered for very long.. what the doc say, what my parents had to face all over again (humiliation and pain i guess thinking that i would be different from my sisters but in the end, i ended up to be the same)
The pressure got to me and i made the biggest mistake of my life.. I ended the pregnancy.. The gynae that said those words to me, came to the ward the next day to check on me, didn't say a word, stared at me and then walked away. I don't recall her name but i still have the hospital note from back then.

The reason for termination of pregnancy was stated as "Teenage Abortion". Made me very depressed.

Then last year April, found out i was pregnant, super overjoyed.. but then doctor said not stable and in the end had a miscarriage..

noelsmum

My mother is 18 years older than me. You can deduce that it was a shotgun marriage. She married my dad and then went on to have 2 other girls. It was hard for them. But they pulled it through. It wasn't rosy at times but looking everything in the big picture. I appreciate all that they did. My mum's parents were obviously disappointed but they love us all the same. And not forgetting that my mum's adopted too. Sure, they tried to support her as much as they can but at the same time, my mum was kinda sad that she disappointed her parents. To be honest, I'm actually closer to my mum's parents than my dad's. Now, my sisters and me are all grown up. My parents managed to put all 3 of us into universities. My sister and I went to Australia and my middle sister went to NUS. My youngest sister has 2 bachelor and a master and I've got my masters too. Middle sister is happy with her bachelor and we're happy for her. What I'm trying to say is that my parents were teens when they got married. Dad was still doing his NS. Oh, they were poor. Like dirt poor. My parents refused money from my maternal grandparents. But they tried and believed that they can pull through the family together and they did. Now, my parents are enjoying their 2 grandchildren. They're busy flying in and out of HK to see their grandson. Press on and even if you're on your own, you can do it. If you believe that you can do it, you will succeed. But if you think you're going to fail, then honey, you will fail! And Carisella, no pointing looking back and being sad about life. Pick up the pieces and move forward. You'll be blessed with another child!

Medeleine

So good to hear Medeleine and Evangeline89 hanging on so well..

If only i had the support of MSW, nurses and doctors to help talked to my parents last time :( I was 17 when i had an abortion.. The stupidest thing I have done till now, i still think i'm bloody stupid.. long story ahead :(

For my case, Diabetic Doc , Gynae (Male - one i went to for consultation for abortion in the first place) and another gynae (Female - one who did the abortion for me) all asked me to abort.. Ya, truth is i went to the gynae in the first place for abortion, but after i saw baby's beating heart, i changed my mind, was wondering how the hell could I have given that a thought.. BF (hubby now) support me thruout and said we will make it thru.. But my parents of course said no (reason being : my elder sister's nasty divorce which involved 5 kids of which both husband and wife's monthly income was not enough to feed all) My parents put me into my sister's shoes which was unfair to both myself and my hubby back then, but still had my 2nd sister's support.. but i think i made a rash decision because after i went for the Down Syndrome Test that time and then this female gynae came in instead of the male gynae that i suppose to see.. she told me, baby is fine, that made me very happy.. but her next few voices really pierce my heart so badly "dont't you think you're selfish to let your bf bear all the burden, dont't you think it's selfish to your parents for raising you up to be someone who doesn't listen to them? I dont't suggest you to have this baby. It's not right. You think about what i said and let us have your decision soon." That time that gynae didn't let him come in to listen to what she had to say.. so basically even if you asked me to report her to whatever medical council, it was a conversation between me and her.. no one else heard it..

And she walked away. I was crying and thinking.. how can a doctor say something like that.. I lied to my hubby back then that the baby was unhealthy and that I need time to think.. so i considered for very long.. what the doc say, what my parents had to face all over again (humiliation and pain i guess thinking that i would be different from my sisters but in the end, i ended up to be the same)
The pressure got to me and i made the biggest mistake of my life.. I ended the pregnancy.. The gynae that said those words to me, came to the ward the next day to check on me, didn't say a word, stared at me and then walked away. I dont't recall her name but i still have the hospital note from back then.

The reason for termination of pregnancy was stated as "Teenage Abortion". Made me very depressed.

Then last year April, found out i was pregnant, super overjoyed.. but then doctor said not stable and in the end had a miscarriage..
Cheer up carisella! You will make a great mummy too! and i understand its not easy being diabteic and now having a little life inside! Thats what i am feeling but i believe it will be a gift from god to us! Despite all the controlling of sugar levels, injections and all but we will make it through! And we were all make a great mummy to be!!

Carisella

Cheer up carisella! You will make a great mummy too! and i understand its not easy being diabteic and now having a little life inside! Thats what i am feeling but i believe it will be a gift from god to us! Despite all the controlling of sugar levels, injections and all but we will make it through! And we were all make a great mummy to be!!
Yeah... i believe the bad days are over (until the lil one starts to scream *hehe*)

hi Evangeline and Medeleine!

i am not single and not really young as compared to you all but just wanna drop a message that " God will not give you something that you cant go through..."

so stay strong and be positive! btw, im from CHC too! :001_302:

Medeleine

hi Evangeline and Medeleine!

i am not single and not really young as compared to you all but just wanna drop a message that " God will not give you something that you cant go through..."

so stay strong and be positive! btw, im from CHC too! :001_302:

Haha! I am from CHC too! Thanks pommesfrites:) I believe god would not put us in things we cannot handle! I will hang on no matter what! Thanks dear!!