Horrible Countenance in MRT

Triquetra

Not only priority seats are for needy people.. it's to see the person's upbringing also.. hmmm.. all seats have to be given up for needy people ^^
I understand but if include those at the normal seats, the SMRT people will be very busy. Does the MRT still play the "Please give up this seat to someone who needs it more than you bla bla bla" message in the train?

bellerichez

I understand but if include those at the normal seats, the SMRT people will be very busy. Does the MRT still play the "Please give up this seat to someone who needs it more than you bla bla bla" message in the train?

No leh. I take train so many times also never heard. Only got the "Please do not eat or drink in the train" Never heard msg like "Please give up your seats to those needy or elderly." I think they should announce it but anyway announce already people still won't auto one.

-jOanna

i remember last time they used to play that.. now only play the no eating and drinking on train :O .. they should really hire those train instructors go around find seats for needy people! why govt dun wanna spend this little money to make singapore a better place :(

Amulet

i realise we gotta learn to be thick skinned ba.. whn i was pregnant, i too met people who juz act blur and didnt offer me their seat.. but at the same time, i met people who stands beside me, and they actually opened their mouth to help me ask for the seat.. cool! so now, i learnt to open my mouth.. if i ever see pregnant women standing, i too would open my mouth to help her ask for seat too.. ;)

Stan

i realise we gotta learn to be thick skinned .. whn i was pregnant, i too met people who just act blur and didnt offer me their seat.. but at the same time, i met people who stands beside me, and they actually opened their mouth to help me ask for the seat.. cool! so now, i learnt to open my mouth.. if i ever see pregnant women standing, i too would open my mouth to help her ask for seat too.. ;)
wah.. that is cool!! today i met this auntie who asked me why i nv move inside and stand in front of the pple who took priority seats with my tummy in their face!! (i was leaning against the pane near the door cos at least can lean mah!).... She says must open mouth and ask if not no one will give u seat one... wah... i very paisay to ask ...:shyxxx:

Triquetra

No . I take train so many times also never heard. Only got the "Please do not eat or drink in the train" Never heard msg like "Please give up your seats to those needy or elderly." I think they should announce it but anyway announce already people still won't auto one.
They used to play that message.
I am amazed (disgusted at the same time) to know how people won't be paiseh -_-''
If people look at you while the message is playing you still can ignore the pregnant woman/elderly infront of you then your skin must be thicker than hippo's le.

bellerichez

wah.. that is cool!! today i met this auntie who asked me why i never move inside and stand in front of the pple who took priority seats with my tummy in their face!! (i was leaning against the pane near the door cos at least can lean mah!).... She says must open mouth and ask if not no one will give you seat one... wah... i very paisay to ask ...:shyxxx:
I only dare to ask for others. Asking a seat for myself is a little paiseh. Like erm "excuse me i need the seat???" Feel very weird.

bellerichez

They used to play that message.
I am amazed (disgusted at the same time) to know how people won't be paiseh -_-''
If people look at you while the message is playing you still can ignore the pregnant woman/elderly infront of you then your skin must be thicker than hippo's .

Playing the message makes no difference. Just image they always announce "NO EATING OR DRINKING is allowed in the train." yet so many still eat and got caught. So if announce already people will still act blur one.

bellerichez

i remember last time they used to play that.. now only play the no eating and drinking on train :O .. they should really hire those train instructors go around find seats for needy people! why govt dont wanna spend this little money to make singapore a better place :(

Those 500 RED MAN should help us (pregnant ladies or needy people) search for a seat too. Seriously I've not seen any RED MAN in the train leh. Don't know if those RED MAN are for show or what. Took train so many times also never see them once.

SunShine07

No . I take train so many times also never heard. Only got the "Please do not eat or drink in the train" Never heard msg like "Please give up your seats to those needy or elderly." I think they should announce it but anyway announce already people still won't auto one.
lol agreed:red: should install tv panel inside (playing the PCK 'MTV') the train rather that in the station...

Ashbaby

Refer to the stomp issues, Im totally disgusted by some pple comments and I really hope tt their the minority of Singaporean. Becos its very sad to hear this, and I hope they do apply their standard to their wives or themseleves when they are pregnant.

Im abt 3.5 months preggy, I do have nice pple giving up seats for me, and even nice young chap who look out seats for me. Yesterday this aunty saw me w/o seats and nothing to hold on, she quickly guide to her side so tt I can grab hold of something. I really feel gratitude towards them.

Nevertheless I do meet ugly pple. There was once during my early pregnancy when my tummy haven show, most of the time I dont get the seats. I fainted twice on the MRT train. The first time, the pple ard was shocked and the 2 lady at the P.seat quickly gave up their seat to me, and pple standing ard me was helping.

2nd time, I was totally make speechless by 1 40s aunty. I remember tt day there were some train disruption and JE platform was full of pple, I already feel very dizzy on the platform. So I told myself, I will ask for a seat when I board the train, before I can even do tt I already squat infront of the seats beside the 2nd P/seat. When I squat down, this aunty who is sitting at the P.seat actually shrink her leg back...... the lady beside quickly gave up her seat for me. Not long after I sit down, I took out plastic bag to vomit. This aunty who is sitting beside me actually move away from me, like very digusted from my vomitting. When I turn ard and look at what she is doing, she all along was meddling with her HP.........

Ting

well, i guess we cant control ppl.
tts why there r ugly singaporeans...
so disgrace to be living among them.
even when some ppl see me, carrying my bag, pin's sch bag n carrying pin (wearing my heels!! lol) they also nvr give up their sit, just stare n stare!!
pisses me off.
so i would say LOUDLY to pin: "baby, pls hold on tightly to mummy, cos mummy carrying SO many things, plus u so big n heavy, i canot stand still, later we both fall down how? pain pain u know?" then pin sometimes will reply: " okay mummy, i wan to sit down" then she will look at the person in front of her with those innocent eyes... hehe.

tika

Priority seats shd have a sign in CAPITAL, BOLD and RED.

IF YOU ARE NOT 55 YEARS OLD OR OLDER, DO NOT SIT HERE.
IF YOU ARE NOT A TODDLER, DO NOT SIT HERE.

IF YOU ARE NOT CARRYING AN INFANT, DO NOT SIT HERE.
IF YOU ARE NOT PREGNANT, DO NOT SIT HERE.

IF YOU ARE, THEN QUICKLY SIT DOWN!

bellerichez

singapore getting more forgetful, while waiting for train the see ....then the moment the train reached, they already eyeing and focus on the empty sit .:tlaugh:
Is like that one. The other day while i was waiting for the train i stand behind the yellow line at the platform then when train arrive suddenly one uncle rush infront of me then chiong into the MRT to quickly get seated cos got one empty seat there. I was like "OMG" *speechless* typical uncles and aunties.

bellerichez

Refer to the stomp issues, Im totally disgusted by some pple comments and I really hope that their the minority of Singaporean. Becos its very sad to hear this, and I hope they do apply their standard to their wives or themseleves when they are pregnant.

Im about 3.5 months preggy, I do have nice pple giving up seats for me, and even nice young chap who look out seats for me. Yesterday this aunty saw me w/o seats and nothing to hold on, she quickly guide to her side so that I can grab hold of something. I really feel gratitude towards them.

Nevertheless I do meet ugly pple. There was once during my early pregnancy when my tummy have not show, most of the time I dont get the seats. I fainted twice on the MRT train. The first time, the pple around was shocked and the 2 lady at the P.seat quickly gave up their seat to me, and pple standing around me was helping.

2nd time, I was totally make speechless by 1 40s aunty. I remember that day there were some train disruption and JE platform was full of pple, I already feel very dizzy on the platform. So I told myself, I will ask for a seat when I board the train, before I can even do that I already squat infront of the seats beside the 2nd P/seat. When I squat down, this aunty who is sitting at the P.seat actually shrink her leg back...... the lady beside quickly gave up her seat for me. Not long after I sit down, I took out plastic bag to vomit. This aunty who is sitting beside me actually move away from me, like very digusted from my vomitting. When I turn around and look at what she is doing, she all along was meddling with her HP.........

Wah that auntie really.............

bellerichez

well, i guess we cant control ppl.
tts why there are ugly singaporeans...
so disgrace to be living among them.
even when some ppl see me, carrying my bag, pin's sch bag and carrying pin (wearing my heels!! lol) they also never give up their sit, just stare and stare!!
pisses me off.
so i would say LOUDLY to pin: "baby, pls hold on tightly to mummy, cos mummy carrying SO many things, plus you so big and heavy, i canot stand still, later we both fall down how? pain pain you know?" then pin sometimes will reply: " okay mummy, i want to sit down" then she will look at the person in front of her with those innocent eyes... hehe.
Wah. Good. So that person in front got give up the seat to your daughter?

bellerichez

Priority seats should have a sign in CAPITAL, BOLD and RED.

IF YOU ARE NOT 55 YEARS OLD OR OLDER, DO NOT SIT HERE.
IF YOU ARE NOT A TODDLER, DO NOT SIT HERE.

IF YOU ARE NOT CARRYING AN INFANT, DO NOT SIT HERE.
IF YOU ARE NOT PREGNANT, DO NOT SIT HERE.

IF YOU ARE, THEN QUICKLY SIT DOWN!
I don't think it will work. Ppl simply act blur. Or they might act as if they don't understand English.

-jOanna

i realise we gotta learn to be thick skinned .. whn i was pregnant, i too met people who just act blur and didnt offer me their seat.. but at the same time, i met people who stands beside me, and they actually opened their mouth to help me ask for the seat.. cool! so now, i learnt to open my mouth.. if i ever see pregnant women standing, i too would open my mouth to help her ask for seat too.. ;)
i not thick skin at all :| but like wad Stan said, if help people i dare, help myself? "er do u mind giving up your seat for me?" or "eh u never see i pregnant?" LOL :S duno how to ask.. if ask for others i can talk to the lady and maybe ask how many months is she already very loudly then tell her, "when i was pregnant the time also no seats, so very hard people will give up seats 1 like their butts got glue!" hahaha im so evil :X

Refer to the stomp issues, Im totally disgusted by some pple comments and I really hope that their the minority of Singaporean. Becos its very sad to hear this, and I hope they do apply their standard to their wives or themseleves when they are pregnant.

Im about 3.5 months preggy, I do have nice pple giving up seats for me, and even nice young chap who look out seats for me. Yesterday this aunty saw me w/o seats and nothing to hold on, she quickly guide to her side so that I can grab hold of something. I really feel gratitude towards them.

Nevertheless I do meet ugly pple. There was once during my early pregnancy when my tummy have not show, most of the time I dont get the seats. I fainted twice on the MRT train. The first time, the pple around was shocked and the 2 lady at the P.seat quickly gave up their seat to me, and pple standing around me was helping.

2nd time, I was totally make speechless by 1 40s aunty. I remember that day there were some train disruption and JE platform was full of pple, I already feel very dizzy on the platform. So I told myself, I will ask for a seat when I board the train, before I can even do that I already squat infront of the seats beside the 2nd P/seat. When I squat down, this aunty who is sitting at the P.seat actually shrink her leg back...... the lady beside quickly gave up her seat for me. Not long after I sit down, I took out plastic bag to vomit. This aunty who is sitting beside me actually move away from me, like very digusted from my vomitting. When I turn around and look at what she is doing, she all along was meddling with her HP.........
Wah! 3.5 mths got ppl give u seats le? 3.5mths no tummy how they noe you preggie? i til now 8 mths sometimes even taxi uncle also cannot understand me... hais.. where are all the polite and courteous ppl ~