so hurting

smurf

not sure if this is the right place to air my views and rally support?

my bb is beening taken care by my MIL and we hv a maid to assist.

she kind of against BF and always ask me to feed FM. till 2day, i still continue to BF.

last week i tried to reach home early after work. (usually hv been rushin frantically)

my bb cried pitiful and made a fuss when she saw me.

i think my bb saw mummy.

guess what? my mil kept commenting why bb cry when she see mummy but not daddy.

she dun allow me to carry to comfort her. blocked my bb view fm me!

that momemt, i felt really hurt and felt that this is too much.

is this general knowledge that bb looks for their mummy?

meiteoh

Did it ever occur to your mother in law that baby is asking for attention and comfort from you? =.=

Last edited:
yeah i think your baby is craving for you. coz you BF, that's why your baby can recognise your smell. since baby's sight is not fully developed yet until 8 months, they recognise people by smell.

it's your baby. don't let other people define how you should bring your own child up.

it's a great thing that you continue to BF. your baby needs all the cradling from you and also the great antibodies from your milk.

jia you!!! don't give up! your baby needs you! if your MIL make comments, just let her say it. don't care what she say if it doesn't make any sense.

Ting

your mil is so annoying.
u shld go up to her n carry your baby away!
tell her, time to BF baby, then carry baby into YOUR room, lock the door n BF baby, play n talk to baby.
take your own sweet time.
if she knock n ask u why so long, tell her baby ENJOYING this bf-ing time with u, so she is slowing drinking tts why so long. :p

uddermummy

go up to your mil and take your bb away.

get your hubby's help on this.

sigh! there's always a battle btw mils and dils, first over the son/husband, later over the grandchildren.

jealousy, jealousy...

apollo

if i were u, i will just go ahead and 'grab' my baby back from her! you're her mother, ur mil is just a caregiver & granny to her, she dont have the right to stop u from carrying her.

SunShine07

so bad!!! if mil like that, i will snatch the baby away from her. Who she thinks she is! Tell your mil that it is a very cruel thing to do this and you are the mother and BF is the best food for your bb now!

She is also a mother, how could she do this?

Your mother in law is damn idiotic... Tell her why dont' you prevent her son from seeing her, how will she feel? She damn sickening ...

YuFFie

Evil!! Emphasize that you are your baby's mother. To this stage, dun have to be tolerant over her liao! Geez, i probably bring baby into my room and close the door right after i reach home lo. Most imptly, must get husband's support

SunShine07

Evil!! Emphasize that you are your baby's mother. To this stage, dont have to be tolerant over her ! Geez, i probably bring baby into my room and close the door right after i reach home . Most imptly, must get husband's support
yup, agreed, must get ur hb support

Frenchkitty

Oh then you can just clap your hands together and tell your baby "Come, Mummy carry" then conveniently whisk your baby out of MIL's hands lor.. HAHA it happens to me often enough - when I carry baby to visit relatives, they will do that and whisk baby out of my hands too so maybe you can try this method

Ting

yeah me too!
when pin cries, i just go strat up to tt person n say come mummy carry dun cry! then i carry away.
or maybe say someting like: dun worry mummy is here. i know u miss me tts y u cry come i carry u~

jasobias

ya its ur baby!!!just take baby fr her when she is crying fr u .If she blocks u..just move her aside..how dare she even tries to block ur way!!if it were me i wld have kicked her out of the way!!!

smurf

ya. thanks for your support.

that day i felt really HURT. i went into the room and wanted to cry already. my hubby was there. he tried to say - bb wants mummy. but my MIL just ignored him.

maybe that time, bb is taking cereal. she scare my bb refuse to eat.

but im her mother. i noticed she is really 'sticky' to me during the weekends (weekends i take care myself). plus at night, my bb dun like my hubby to craddle. but she calms down if I carry.

my poor bb.

actually how come dil rarely can agree w mil?

i can understand me and my mum dun agree sometimes. but she nvr reject my bb from me.

sob sob

joyliaw

hey gal,

u have to be strong for ur baby k...

i tink there r 2 tings here
1) the bonding time needed for both u and ur baby
2) the relationship btw u and ur MIL might affect the babysitting arrangement

1) i experienced almost the same ting, esp during my confinement. the min my son cries, *swop* he is carried away immediately by my MIL. I spoke w my hubby and we both stress that we appreciates her being there and her help when we dunno how to do some stuff, but we will do everythg on our own as much as we can. noone has the right to separate u from ur child and clearly ur baby wants and needs u.. so pls advocate for urself and ur baby. be strong.

2) u have to fidn the balance ba.. coz.. if tings get ugly, u need to make sure u have alt babysitting arrangements or the maid etc etc.. tts y i actu place my baby w babysitter after i took care on my own for 6 mths. but of coz u have to see ur situation and plan w ur hubby on wats best for ur child..

good luck k gal.. take care

joy

pkshl

is normal for baby to be sticky to their own mummies. my boy also sticky to me more than hubby.

pls tel yr mil do not overstep her role as a granny. u ve to tel her tat u r the mum & u know wat is best for yr child. EVIL mil, what is she trying to do!

vinder79

that day i felt really HURT. i went into the room and wanted to cry already. my hubby was there. he tried to say - baby wants mummy. but my mother in law just ignored him.

maybe that time, baby is taking cereal. she scare my baby refuse to eat.

but im her mother. i noticed she is really 'sticky' to me during the weekends (weekends i take care myself). plus at night, my baby dont like my hubby to craddle. but she calms down if I carry.

my poor baby.

actually how come daughter in law rarely can agree w mother in law?

i can understand me and my mum dont agree sometimes. but she never reject my baby from me.

sob sob
Hey babe
feel really bad for for you but can tell you this its your baby just carry her away.I went through this last year it takes time and lots of patience dont give up!Stay happy cause baby can sense your moods ok!

apollo

that day i felt really HURT. i went into the room and wanted to cry already. my hubby was there. he tried to say - baby wants mummy. but my mother in law just ignored him.

maybe that time, baby is taking cereal. she scare my baby refuse to eat.

but im her mother. i noticed she is really 'sticky' to me during the weekends (weekends i take care myself). plus at night, my baby dont like my hubby to craddle. but she calms down if I carry.

my poor baby.

actually how come daughter in law rarely can agree w mother in law?

i can understand me and my mum dont agree sometimes. but she never reject my baby from me.

sob sob
this proves that ur baby LOVES u! ur mil dont have eyes to see or she doesnt wish to admit that ur baby is v sticky to u? i think u really have to get ur hubby to tok to her...