EDD May 2012 Mummies!

hospital encourages breastfeeding...

however, hospital has formula glass milk w teats along.. so u need to select the brand n type of formula milk u want.. but again the charges i cant remember... i cant find my bills...

Do we need to bring milk bottle, milk powder and sterilizer?

climsp

i thou most private give 1 pack of diaper as their goodie bag rite?? any extra then they will charge. i bring 1 pack diaper there. i bring along the breast pump. think will take 1 bottle there also.

Hmm.. it is by choice.. of course need to forgo many of the luxury things or lifestyle and everything need to plan and budget :p I think it is important o spend time to bring up my children and by their side when they still need us.. maybe till they are about 5 yrs old or primary school then they no longer so dependent on us and I can go out to work again. Both myself and my hubby has come into this decision and he also think it is important to shape the children when they are still young and need attentions... and I am so blessed that God is on our side and perhaps it is part of God's plan to :). Perhaps for this season my ministry is on my family :)

Lucky you!! I cannot afford not to work le. Wif bb expenses will def shoot up. Juz thinking of no need to work is such a nice dream :) but on the other hand, I may not survive if stay home n juz look after kids. Think still need some time wif out the kid ard.

I think it is a good decision to give attention to your baby first as it is really not easy to take care of a baby.. and some more you are fully breastfeed... will be even more exhausted. But it will be worthy when you see your child is going strong and healthy :) You are doing it very well and keep it up!! All the ummies jia you!!

Even now I already feel very tired before the baby is arrive... so really need to rest ..

i also quit my job cos it was very tiring. intended to go back a few months after baby is born now that my baby was born premature and it will be some time before she's out, i kinda have a lot of time on my hands. thought of looking for a job but also want to be around when my baby is born so i guess can't. also super tiring to pump milk every few hours so decided to hold off working for now.

Hi Gemini11,

I am staying at Bedok. Ya hopefully can come out to meet but nowadays when walk for a short distance will feel very tired and sometimes breathless... do you experience that?

Ya.. I also quit my job around the time when I preg :) .. don't make yourself think that you are huang Lian Po.. we are modern mummies and always keep abreast of tends and things happening around and furthermore we have a groups of mummies friends here :) What we are experiencing now is just we temporary shift our priority to our family and the new born before we decide to go out to work again when there are more independent :) ... Look ahead :)

Havent been working since I found out I was pregnant, my job requires me to quit.
Well I think ive no choice but to be full time staying at home mum now cuz I've no help at all n hubby wants me to stay at home too. Unless I find other alternatives Ive to be huang Lian Po ;(... Where u residing gal? If nearby maybe can help each other out at times or go for kopi ;)

Wow... you even have a better tai tai life than all of us.. hahaha. Maybe you will change your mind and want to stay with the baby when you see how cute is your baby :) Its mother nature as most of my friends also not intend to go back to work after their maternity leaves..

being a hsewife after ROM for 1 yr, i dun wanna stay at home anymore. i want to work, even w/ a baby.

for my bag is full already, i havent add in my clothes yet.. dun know how hubby going to bring over n back.

is my baby too fat?? 1.6kg at 29 week. i gain 1 kg onli but i am overweight mummy. :shyxxx:

yday keep have braxton hick for every hr. baby seem to turn his position w/ his back facing out now, cos feel his kicks inside. hope my belly button dun pop!!

Yeah!!.. good to have another mum on the list so that we can support each other... as I believe there may be many challenges we will be facing as it is really not easy to take care of a baby.. and also the family.. stay at home mother is 24/7 work without leave and time off :p

Me too on the petite side, my prepreggie weight: 35kg.. now 51kg..
But my arms and legs did not put on much weight. Only face, breast, tummy and ass..

clearbluesky, I also intend to be stay at home mum after birth, and perhaps return to work when baby turns 2 years old =)

According to the new rules, hospital will charge S$1 a bottle of the formula milk as nowadays they encourage breastfeeding.

hospital encourages breastfeeding...

however, hospital has formula glass milk w teats along.. so u need to select the brand n type of formula milk u want.. but again the charges i cant remember... i cant find my bills...

climsp

Wow... you even have a better tai tai life than all of us.. hahaha. Maybe you will change your mind and want to stay with the baby when you see how cute is your baby :) Its mother nature as most of my friends also not intend to go back to work after their maternity leaves..
hahaha, actuall b4 ROM when staying w/ parent i do freelance stay at home mostly also, onli meet clients maybe once a week. i still enjoy working life. i cant afford to quit also, w/ the lifestyle i enjoy now. even hubby earn alot, dun think i wan to stay at home also.. i feel lonely even w/ baby.

Tannie

i read from somewhere, normally doc n nurse willnt be attend to them 1st, they will onli focus on mummy & baby. so i told hubby if he going to faint, no matter wat must drag himself to the sofa nearby, cos no one going to help him. hahaha. Mount a labour ward got a sofa beside.
Haha, thn I btr join the hospital tour n c if TMC has any sofa in the delivery ward in case hubby need it...

Tannie

I think it is a good decision to give attention to your baby first as it is really not easy to take care of a baby.. and some more you are fully breastfeed... will be even more exhausted. But it will be worthy when you see your child is going strong and healthy :) You are doing it very well and keep it up!! All the ummies jia you!!

Even now I already feel very tired before the baby is arrive... so really need to rest ..
Yes, it will be so good if can give bb 100% attention... Too bad we cannot afford that...got to continue working...

Meilynn

So for first 3 months do we need to standby S n M size?
Think can buy the nb size one first cos think can last up to 4 kgs if I rem
correctly.

After tt, depending on the size n weight ur bb then u see which other size diapers suitable. Else buy now may end up wasting money.

Gracecwz

Sorry late reply... Yah my earring hole also closed from behind leh.... I tot it's just cuz I dun wear earrings anymore, nothing to do with pregnancy.

Omg, now I know how it feels to have BH! It's super uncomfortable. Tried relaxing or breathing techniques... No use. Will this mean that we will go into labour earlier? My mom say when she was pregnant with me, I was 10 days overdue leh. So I tot my baby will also be a bit late

Gemini11

clearbluesky,

Actually i'm still quite active. wont expereince breathlessness but if i forget and over walk, then at night my back will ache. I'm more uncomfortable when it comes to standing for too long, walking is fine. strange. N i feel uncomfortable sleeping, have to toss n turn cuz stomach too heavy, n baby legs and head is on both of my sides. sleep on right scare will hurt his head, sleep on left i think his leg uncomfortable keep kicking me away....zzzz

Huang lian po as in last time when i was working ill makeup n doll up everytime. Nowadays, i dont even apply much makeup. N with my growing weight n unkempt hair ( cuz dont dear to go colour so must as well dont do anything first) i really feel that i'm going out of hand. for the sake of baby :(

sometimes will worry hubby stray ( i know im thinking too much. LOL) cuz his job is always surrounded by many pretty gals.. though i trust him. BUT.. then again....

Hi Gemini11,

I am staying at Bedok. Ya hopefully can come out to meet but nowadays when walk for a short distance will feel very tired and sometimes breathless... do you experience that?

Ya.. I also quit my job around the time when I preg :) .. don't make yourself think that you are huang Lian Po.. we are modern mummies and always keep abreast of tends and things happening around and furthermore we have a groups of mummies friends here :) What we are experiencing now is just we temporary shift our priority to our family and the new born before we decide to go out to work again when there are more independent :) ... Look ahead :)

Last edited:

Meilynn

clearbluesky,

Actually i'm still quite active. wont expereince breathlessness but if i forget and over walk, then at night my back will ache. I'm more uncomfortable when it comes to standing for too long, walking is fine. strange. N i feel uncomfortable sleeping, have to toss n turn cuz stomach too heavy, n baby legs and head is on both of my sides. sleep on right scare will hurt his head, sleep on left i think his leg uncomfortable keep kicking me away....zzzz

Huang lian po as in last time when i was working ill makeup n doll up everytime. Nowadays, i dont even apply much makeup. N with my growing weight n unkempt hair ( cuz dont dear to go colour so must as well dont do anything first) i really feel that i'm going out of hand. for the sake of baby :(

sometimes will worry hubby stray ( i know im thinking too much. LOL) cuz his job is always surrounded by many pretty gals.. though i trust him. BUT.. then again....

Dear Gemini11, believed throughout our pregnancy, there will be instances whereby we hv 'coldfeet' thinking of the weight we put on n how tt affect our physical appearance, if we can shed off these extra kgs after delivery, how our hubby view such changes in us etc.. All such fears, doubts are very much real. You are def not alone ;)

For me, I hv such insecurities at times so tend to ask my hubby if he still loves me, despite tt fact tt I m 35 yrs old n rightfully shd not be behaving like such. Lol. Guess we juz need the assurance now n then. Being pregnant doesn't juz affect our physical, it affects our emotions too.

End of day, think back why u married ur guy, u hv faith n trust in him thus willing to go down the marriage path. Now, as we mummies move into a new phase of our lives, our man will be besides us, giving us the support, love we need. Continue to Hv faith ya!!

Last edited:

Gemini11

Dear Gemini11, believed throughout our pregnancy, there will be instances whereby we hv 'coldfeet' thinking of the weight we put on n how tt affect our physical appearance, if we can shed off these extra kgs after delivery, how our hubby view such changes in us etc.. All such fears, doubts are very much real. You are def not alone ;)

For me, I hv such insecurities at times so tend to ask my hubby if he still loves me, despite tt fact tt I m 35 yrs old n rightfully shd not be behaving like such. Lol. Guess we juz need the assurance now n then. Being pregnant doesn't juz affect our physical, it affects our emotions too.

End of day, think back why u married ur guy, u hv faith n trust in him thus willing to go down the marriage path. Now, as we mummies move into a new phase of our lives, our man will be besides us, giving us the support, love we need. Continue to Hv faith ya!!
Glad to know that I'm not alone. Always thought I shouldn't b thinking too much zzz
tt why maybe staying at home is not a good option. Too free. Thoughts wonders.
But then again when the baby's out things may be different.