EDD May 2012 Mummies!

sunkissed

I'm really curious ... Saw some blogs and posting in other forums where mummies who bf are able to express breast milk and store a FREEZER / DEEP CHEST FREEZER load of milk! I mean the entire freezer was covered in nothing but milk!!

So it makes me wonder how some of these mums get to that stage? I'm trying to build my storage and right now I have about 6 bottles of 100ml each in my freezer. I pump every 3 hours now as compared to once a day. Baby takes EBM about 3x a day and it's starting to increase as lately as she latches she keeps falling asleep n wld suckle for comfort than for milk.

Just a bit worried if I can sustain this until I return to work. At least with a big freezer stash u have back up. 6 bottles is still backup but uhh not like those I saw! Haha

I'm also resisting supplements/tea to boost EBM as doc advised me not to rely on them and just do naturally.

Anyone knows or has tips let me know ;)
hehe i have a freezer full of EBM :p but that's cos my baby doesn't take in much milk. plus her feeding is being alternated with formula. had to give away a few times to another mother. hospital forbids me to bring more milk cos i'm hogging their freezer also. think just have to keep expressing frequently at the start. once supply is estalished, it won't drop drastically. now i can tahan for some time without pumping and the supply can still be maintained.

my girl should be able to be discharged soon!! yippee :)

Meilynn

hehe i have a freezer full of EBM :p but that's cos my baby doesn't take in much milk. plus her feeding is being alternated with formula. had to give away a few times to another mother. hospital forbids me to bring more milk cos i'm hogging their freezer also. think just have to keep expressing frequently at the start. once supply is estalished, it won't drop drastically. now i can tahan for some time without pumping and the supply can still be maintained.

Dear Sunkissed, really happy to hear tt your Gal will be going home soon. Good news indeed :) Rem to keep us posted re your princess updates

milkshake

Fantastic news Sunkissed!! Keep us posted

Rukia

Rukia- the thing is MIL hear too much thing from other! Then everytime got new IDEA! Then she won't say infront of me or my parent. They will call nonstop to hubby or me after tat! She can't help much, so dun expect my mum to be maid to baby!! She didn't even take care of her 3 own children when baby lo! Then for baby shower, we ask her how many box of cake she want! Every visit seem to have additional box! There nvr confirm no from her!! I hint her on the my bill will cost alot! She still ask me to buy those package w/ egg, kueks, rice n cakeusy nice nice one!! Those ppl she give won't give AB also! N they wont come, have to bring over to them the cake n they r not relative also! Wat te pt of giving!! We r not print $$ one lo!
Can understd your frustration, climsp. I always quote what my doc says to my mil, alth she also hear from alot of sources. Just the do not let baby drink water thing, she already complain to so many pple, from my frenz who visit me all the way to all my sils. Sigh! But i dont care, just tell them that its what the doc says.

To give so many boxes of cake sure going to burnt a big hole in your pocket. Any chance your hubby can have a word with your mil? She doesnt feel the pinch cos $ doesnt come from her and she will have face in front of those pple. I am lucky in a sense, my mil dont bother about the cake thing. So i didnt give any. Just invited mu family n frenz to buffet.

Tannie

Wow sunkissed, so fast u had build up a good EBM bank! I have not started. Good that your gal is going home, then she will not need to alt FM.

Climsp, I think family planning is a matter of urs n your hubby... Dun let mother in law influence u. Trust me, the energy level when u get older is different, I felt so drained... Moreover the longer u wait, u might forget some know how abt taking care of new born n u will have to start all over again...

Same here, luckily my in law dun bother abt baby shower, no invited guests fm their side, only my mum side.

Butt8rfly

hi everyone!

brought my girl out once my confinement ended. she was out the whole day from 10am to 6pm and did not cry one bit! think she is a sociable girl lol

i latched her once she starts to do the i-want-to-eat gestures so she starts nursing just before she cries. i used diapers so that her bum remains dry. she met my colleagues in her sleep and everyone carried her, it was quite peaceful. then we went to queenstown ikea and a few other places, managed to latch discreetly in public with a shawl covering. brought only diapers and a bottled drink for myself to prevent dehydration.

i use cloth diapers at home and she has no rashes. up to now, i am still breast feeding her on demand. have tried pumping so far only once to stop the leaking in the day. both side leaks whenever i am nursing. the pumping did not really help so i stopped. intend to pump only when i moved to my new house in july. i plan to go back to work in either august or september, not confirmed yet.

my girl has been doing cluster feeding from 6pm to 10pm, with 10 to 30minutes apart, for around one week already. it sometimes gets to me when she becomes very fussy but it reduces the night feeding as she will wake up only at 12midnight and 4am to nurse, so i get plenty of sleep. initially i wasn't used to it and wanted to wake her up to eat at 2 or 3hours interval but the pediatrician said it is normal and now i am relaxing abit. since she started cluster feeding, i also started to let her sleep in her cot since i won't have to wake up so often to nurse her. she was sleeping with my hubby and me in our bed before that. now she nurses about 10minutes on 1 breast before she is full, for day time.

since birth, i have been waking her up at 7am every morning to sun her because of jaundice and still continued this though her jaundice is officially over. think the sunlight makes her do the cluster feeding faster so i thought to share this with you all, hope your darlings will be able to faster sleep through the night.

actually i want to ask, if anyone boils the confinement drink (eg: red date, longan, etc)? how long should we continue to drink this? my supplies are running low but there are still some herbs left over and i don't know how long to continue drinking? yesterday my confinement food finished (i ordered from new baby) and now i am getting my mil to cook for me. i am chinese and she is indian and *sigh* i am not sure what are the indian herbs/food that i can't eat. so i've been eating fried rice and beancurd soup, etc. she don't know how to cook chinese food. it is a bit of dilemna for me now.

Butt8rfly

actually i also would love to have #2.

immediately after delivery, i was so determined not to have #2 but when i saw how lovely my girl is, i changed my mind. but part of me feel that my body may not be able to cope, scared to have gestational diabetes again. if it happens, i think i really need to cut off all carbo during pregnancy. but anyway, my hubby doesn't seems to want #2. but if delay too long, i think i will be too old. i am now 34. hubby was worried that by the time my girl turns 21, we will already be in our 50s and how to support #2? so most likely we will only have my girl only.

I have the same thinking as you too! I'm turning 33 next year and I have a kidney condition - so the earlier I have kid the better cos once the kidney fails, I can't have kid anymore :/ I guess if we really wanted to, I'll prefer to have it soon. Having another one wld at least provide some form of companion to my little one on future I guess. Then again I also worry about costs but which parent doesn't right? Oh well ..

Butt8rfly

Hi Meilynn

may i know how you introduce your baby to your dog? how did your dog react when they first met each other?

i got 2 dogs and i am only letting them meet my girl after i move to my new house in july. i am quite scared that my dogs will not accept my girl and will bark or bully her. they are quite noisy and have always barked at walking toddlers.

Dear Milkshake, rem to check wif ur gynae wat gym exercises u can do. Some said for c sect to fully heal, need 6 months n canit carry more than 5kg. Dats y now I cannot carry my doggie as she weighs more than 5kg. I carried her few times n my wound hurs though externally wound seems to be healing well.

My gynae gave me the green light to do postal in week 5 after delivery. I m starting next Mon

Tannie

Thanks Butt8rfly for sharing... I didn't know there is such thing as cluster feeding... Recently my girl seems to be asking for milk every hour, we thot some thing is not right and worry about over feeding... More over its very tiring cause each feed take abt 45 mins....

twentydec

Anyone using Drypers / pet pet? What is your review ?
tannie, im using pet pet, mammy poko and huggies. pet pet is pretty econmical but i read some review that it leaks. thus far, yet to experience any of these as i changed on a 3-4 hour basis. :)

btw, Fair price is having promo for S size, 10.95 (if i remember correctly) for 2 pack.

twentydec

i have 2 dogs at home too.. i started by asking my mum to bring my gal's mitten for them to smell when i was in the hospital. thereafter, when i return, i got them by bending to their level and allowing them to sniff my girl's presence and of course talked to them that this is our new family member. so far, they were okay with her and always lie around her cot, as if guarding her. :)

Hi Meilynn

may i know how you introduce your baby to your dog? how did your dog react when they first met each other?

i got 2 dogs and i am only letting them meet my girl after i move to my new house in july. i am quite scared that my dogs will not accept my girl and will bark or bully her. they are quite noisy and have always barked at walking toddlers.

climsp

Same I intro baby to doggy by baby towel from hospital also! 1st Day back home, doggy tend to bark at baby, but from 2nd day start whenever baby cry doggy will run over to see him! Now doggy is like a guarding angel to my boy!! Lol actually my boy dun see to irritate by doggy bark maybe uses to it when inside me.

Tannie

I see. Huggies newborn seems abit small for my girl, but mammy poko n Huggies s size are too big... Abusing leakage side way...mi tried Drypers s sample jus nice but not sure abt the qlty...

So nice to have dogs at home... Dogs are pretty friendly, shld be no prob.

Mummyeve

Dear mummies,

Any of you using NUK bottles? I have 4 big and 3 small one. I just bought them.. Only use a few times.. DS dont like and he prefer avent.. Letting go at discounted price.. Please PM me if you are interested. I am also giving away free avent pacifier for 0-3 mths.

Meilynn

Hi Meilynn

Dear Butt8rfly, when I was discharged from hospital, I did not carry my gal when I reached home. My dog after few days never see me was very excited n passionate, kept leaping n licking me :)

Gradually after she calm down, she noticed my Bb gal n I got my hubby to carry my gal, bend down n get my dog to sniff her presence. It helps tt my dog is those type that dun really bark n children friendly.

My dog is actually my Bao Bei so now wif Bb, I dun really hv much time wif my dog. Thus, at times when she see me carrying n kissing my gal, she will be emotional n lie down dejected. At times my dog will tears too. I actually feel heartpain to see my dog this way but cannot be help. Luckily my hubby will carry my dog whenever I m carrying my gal.

Alot of adjustments on my dog. She is now sleeping wif us now. Now tt I need to place the Bb cot in my room, will need to shift my Dog's bed. Poor gal. Hopefully she can adapt soon n when my Bb grow up, playmate wif one another.

Rzena

Wah so many mummies with dogs! I dun have pets, alrdy so tired with one baby. Can't imagine how u mummies balance attention between ur babies n ur pets... Salute... ;)